Author Topic: MoF Boss Practice and other things  (Read 20509 times)

Re: MoF Boss Practice and other things
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 05:49:33 AM »
If no one happens to have it his site is still available on Archive.org

you'll have to edit the adresses yourself with Cheat engine or something, though.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
...Any chance someone creates a Nueball practice patch, pretty please  :ohdear: ? I absolutely need to grind the crap out of her to even stand a chance at 1CC Hard (as I don't believe in pause buffering), and she got cut out of the existing boss rush patch.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:42:52 PM by Critz »

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
...Any chance someone creates a Nueball practice patch, pretty please  :ohdear: ? I absolutely need to grind the crap out of her to even stand a chance at 1CC Hard (as I don't believe in pause buffering), and she got cut out of the existing boss rush patch.
You should be grinding the crap out of stage 4 as a whole if you're going for a 1cc.  Being consistently good at stage 4 means you won't have to be good at Shou and Byakuren.  It also means you can fuck up the first 3 stages all you want and still end up at max lives at Murasa colonveeface.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »
Of course, I intend to grind like one would normally do. Thing is, UFO Hard as a whole already borders on my reflex limits, so I need all the resources I can collect. And since that particular pattern is an absolute make or break for the run, I need to devote special attention to practicing it to the point I will be doing it on autopilot, and being able to repeatedly attempt it hundreds of times without going through half an entire stage for a single attempt would extremely help.

Drake

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:25 AM »
There isn't really much to it besides being vaguely on the left-right-left-right sides of the screen, and moving to the left-right-left-right. Anything below Lunatic you can generally stay close to center screen if you want to. The differences between each run is just a matter of where Nueball ends up on the screen, and there's enough variation to matter, but it's essentially the same thing every time. You don't seem to have any replays uploaded to gensokyo.org so we can't even tell what you're currently doing.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 12:45:56 AM »
Currently nothing, planning to have another go at grinding once I have more free time (matter of days as of now).
There isn't really much to it besides being vaguely on the left-right-left-right sides of the screen, and moving to the left-right-left-right.
I do hope that it is the case and that the pattern is static - at the moment, reaction-dodging is out of the question, because from my perspective that godforsaken pattern is both meant to screw with your eyes to slow your reaction time and wall and kill you then (mostly on the final slide of a wave, with those almost-horizontal walls), which coupled with the drop penalty is just cruel - I capture it maybe 1 in 5 times, tops. Hence my hope that I find some foolproof path through it via analysis *or* just find a patch and ram my head against it until I'll be able to read and dodge via sheer muscle memory.

Well, sorry for derailing this thread into spell card help.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:11:11 AM by Critz »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 03:49:31 AM »
It's apparently a static pattern aimed in a random orientation (and varying depending on which fairies you kill before they fire). There was a video that had two versions of it superimposed, but I don't have the link right now.

(also I can merge this derailment with the help thread if it goes on too long)

Oh

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 03:59:45 AM »
There was a video that had two versions of it superimposed, but I don't have the link right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Majt6HSXEWg There you go!