Author Topic: Pixie Dust isn't the only good dust [RWBY Thread]  (Read 83417 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: [RWBY]
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2013, 10:05:30 PM »
Here's a post with a direct, more or less point-by-point criticism.
Also, why does it make a punching SFX when she keeps holding his dick? What motion is happening down there!?
I was actually pondering about this for a few minutes. Good to know I'm not alone.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »
I was actually pondering about this for a few minutes. Good to know I'm not alone.

Spoiler:
oh dear lord she was shotgunning him. and I'm not sure that's a euphenism.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »
Also, why does it make a punching SFX when she keeps holding his dick? What motion is happening down there!?
I thought it was more of a crunching noise to more heavily/obviously imply shes clenching his balls harder. Don't see a problem with it.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 04:54:51 AM »
I thought it was more of a crunching noise to more heavily/obviously imply shes clenching his balls harder. Don't see a problem with it.
Only a sharp reaction on his part is needed, then. That sound effect makes 100% 0% sense.

Having this conversation, huh. I don't know, I guess it's important.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
Yellow is basically the fuckchild between Sengoku Basara's Tokugawa Ieyasu and a super saiyan chick.
that said, gotta love her weapons.
can't say the same for her style tho, I am all over Black.
I DEMAND MAX FACTORY FIGURINES
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
I wholly agree with the criticisms mentioned before, and want to add one of my own, one which I had back since the Red trailer:

I find that the show already fluked it from the very beginning, all because of presentation. At the first frames of Red I thought this was going to be hand-drawn in a unique artstyle that simulates 3D (kinda like the Bad Apple PV, and color-wise like the shadow levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns). But then we get a good look at Ruby and the jobber werewolves, revealing that it is, unfortunately, all in CGI. Rough CGI at that.
Okay, not a problem, right? I mean, fan projects can do amazing things with 3D models. Just look at Touhou Dog Fight and similar videos. This is going to be very stunning for a fan project-
...What do you mean this isn't a fan project?
......What do you mean this is going to be an 'internet anime'?
.........What do you mean actual money has been put into this?!

I'm sorry, but that just won't do.

If RWBY is going to be an actual show, with tons of cash invested in it, the quality shouldn't be 'fan-project' tier with rigged models and animation. It should be 'professional television' tier, with fluid CGI animation and presentation. It doesn't need to be a Pixar motion picture, but a funded, team-produced animated series should at least be better looking than CGI animations made by lone individuals for fun. A show needs to have some air of professionalism to be taken seriously, but recent trailers have shown that such professionalism is very lacking in this production. There is no reason why a show produced for the internet shouldn't be as good as something you'd find on television, especially since for a lot of people internet is substituting television completely. Just what happened with this project?
It is very disappointing RWBY is taking this course. Animated series produced for Youtube have shown that they can be much better than this. Bravest Warriors is a very good example. If RWBY wanted to become something truly great, it should have been one of two things:
a) A fully hand-drawn animated series with quality and presentation befitting of the funds and people put into it (and if it has to be CGI, at the very least make the models and animation properly detailed, refined and smooth).
or
b) A Sengoku-Basara-style video game.

Back when I first discovered RWBY, I had hoped the project would have been able to mature into something more presentable, but each successive trailer only shows more and more faults. With the first episode coming this July, I have little faith left in RWBY. Odds are the only part worth watching will be the fights. I will still follow it, for said fights and to see what direction the story takes, but I'm not getting my hopes up high.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
It's about on the same level as Rooster Teeth's other stuff. RT has other projects to devote to.
Sugoiiii~

pineyappled

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
I thought this was going to be hand-drawn in a unique artstyle that simulates 3D (kinda like the Bad Apple PV)
Uh, Bad Apple was 3D with effects.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
Uh, Bad Apple was 3D with effects.
Wasn't it purely shadow-art, with the silhouettes making it look like it is 3D?

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
It's the other way around

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 04:05:16 AM »
should I mention all the gothicky "uuuuu~~~~uuuuu~~~~~ahhhhhhhh" music in the back should be done by Yuki Kajiura? but yeah, money.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 06:44:45 AM »
Just an FYI, but the debut of Ep. 1 should be in a few hours at RTX in Austin.  Don't know how long it'll be before it's online.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:49 AM »
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=7872

online link to RWBY ep.1 for those who missed the live showing

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:40 AM »
Hm! Turned out fairly well in my opinion!

Spoiler:
Plus Ruby's voice actor definitely got more practice in.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2013, 04:31:01 AM »
The opening is pretty rad and I am in love with it.

Also Ruby is dorbles.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »
someone -did- make it with like paper cuts etcetc 2D > 3D but it was fanmade

also i rather have an amateur production with better....series than a professional production with boring shit

THOSE BATTLEON-ESQUE CHARACTERS THO
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:37 AM »
THOSE BATTLEON-ESQUE CHARACTERS THO
u stole my line

Ruby stop being so cuteeeeeeee; Agreed, her VA is getting better  :3

ED sounds fantastic, is there a regular schedule to the episodes?

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
I admit I was a little worried when I watched the third and fourth previews, but I liked it.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:17 AM »
Fun fact, ep1 apparently was recorded before yellow.
Sugoiiii~

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
Yeah, that's something people forget about VA's.

They usually get better.

It was the same in RvB too...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
That was actually enjoyable, and left me wanting to see part 2. Now lets hope it doesn't cave in on itself.

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 06:09:18 AM »
The animation on the not-battle scenes irks me a little, especially of the head and mouth. But otherwise, it wasn't too bad. The fight was cool.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
It's a little late to say this but
Spoiler:
Yang Xiao  Long
or Yellow...she is oriental, yet also western. Her hair being blonde, and is messy.

Also look at her personality profile.
Spoiler:
From what is shown in the trailer, Yang is shown to be a bright and cheerful young lady who doesn't back down from any challenge. She's also witty, evident from her retort directed at Junior when they first met. She seems to enjoy fighting, as she is constantly smiling while doing battle. Yang seems confident in her abilities as well, going to the club by herself without any assistance, knowing that she would most likely have to fight her way out. It seems she likes to use force to get information out of people, shown when she grabbed Junior's genitals in order for him to reveal a certain girl's location. Yang may also be a little headstrong, as there were probably more tactful options she could have used to get more information out of Junior. Also, she charged into battle quickly without any provocation. This shows that she may not always use her head and just punch first, implying that she is reckless. However, she has shown that she uses her head sometimes, visible when engaging Melanie in a series of footwork fake-outs. Most notable however, is her attitude regarding her hair. When Junior pulled out some of her locks, Yang became extremely frustrated and delivered the final blow, implying she values her hair greatly. According to Yang's voice actor, Barbara Dunkelman, she was described by the writers as "the kind of person who would teach someone how to swim by pushing them in the water".

Does it reminds us of someone we know?

When I first saw the trailer back then, at some points of the video I would ask, "Marisa, what in the hell are you doing there?". Since at those 'some points', she actually looks a bit like Marisa.
With that being said...I guess I better make a fan art of Yellow wearing Marisa's clothes...but then again, who'd notice that it was Yellow in the first place? Let's try it out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:13:52 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »
Ehhh ... I felt like the writing is really hit-or-miss. I can't quite articulate why; I'll have to think about this.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 04:49:26 AM »
The first episode was about what I expected.
The criminal was pretty dumb. He sees that scyth and thinks to himself, "Yeah lets get involved here." He had no business in that fight. Anyway, the whole fight was actually kind boring in my opinion, maybe I'm spoiled on the trailers.
Ruby is about as annoying as I can handle a character being so that's nice.  She's pretty bubbly, but she was able to calm down while speaking to the principle.
Yang... is probably not Ruby's biological sister, that just makes sense to me. The two look nothing a like.

Alchemist

• Potions! Acid Bombs! Mutated Plant Monsters! SCIENCE!
  • I'm Esi's Jen. <3 Esifex
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 12:43:04 AM »
Really excited to see how this series is gonna develop! I can totally see the criticisms that y'all've posted here, but I'm enjoying what's been coming out anyway and I'm still really excited for ep.2.

Noooo idea who my favorite character is yet.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
Japanese dub role call plz.

##Vote Rie Kugimiya as Ruby.

ninryu

• Ordinary Magician
  • Magus Night
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
It's a little late to say this but
Spoiler:
Yang Xiao  Long
or Yellow...she is oriental, yet also western. Her hair being blonde, and is messy.

Also look at her personality profile.
Does it reminds us of someone we know?

When I first saw the trailer back then, at some points of the video I would ask, "Marisa, what in the hell are you doing there?". Since at those 'some points', she actually looks a bit like Marisa.
With that being said...I guess I better make a fan art of Yellow wearing Marisa's clothes...but then again, who'd notice that it was Yellow in the first place? Let's try it out.
But you forgot the most important difference  - Yang has breasts!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
Japanese dub role call plz.

##Vote Rie Kugimiya as Ruby.
In that case, Yuu Kobayashi as Yang.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.