Author Topic: Orin : Be of Good Chee--THIS IS NOT DODGABLE  (Read 4648 times)

Hawk

• Babababa~
Orin : Be of Good Chee--THIS IS NOT DODGABLE
« on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
So I'm trying to complete a Hard 1CC of SA with MarisaB, and Orin rapes my face repeatedly.  To summarize:

First Non-Card: Trivial.  I can sweet spot Earth and kill this thing in seconds.
Cursed Sprite "Vengeful Spirit: Possessed Fairy": I can do it, I just have to not get the stupids.
Second Non-Card: I know the method, I just need to work on my execution.
Corpse Spirit "Vengeful Cannibal Spirit": See above.
Third Non-Card: Here's where it gets bad.  I'd rather do Apollo 13 than this garbage.  Honestly, it feels like Mokou's final non-card.  You know, the bullshit one.
Apology "The Needles of Yore and the Vengeful Spirits in Pain": Lol Ghost Wheels.  I know I've read there's some kind of "Dodge, Wait, Repeat" pattern you should be able to follow.  I've never gotten it to work.  Perhaps someone can clarify.
"Small Demon's Revival": BOOOOOOOOOOOOMB.

So yeah, it actually doesn't seem too bad when I write it out like this.  There're only two things that eat my face.  I guess I forgot to mention Catwalk, but I know that's just garbage through and through.

Re: Orin : Be of Good Chee--THIS IS NOT DODGABLE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »
Just so you know, I played SA with Marisa for about 3 hours tonight because I figured a replay might help. Captured Catwalk twice, made an arse of the remaining stage both times. This is probably the best I did (captured Ghost Wheels, though made a mess of Cannibal Spirit).

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4201

With regards to the third non-card and Small Demon's Revival, just get in Orin's face and bomb if you don't give a damn about score.

In my first serious 1cc attempt with MarisaB (after about 10 false starts on stages 1 and 2), I got to Small Demon's Revival, and that was *after* Satori smashed my face because I made too many stupid mistakes in my first attempt facing Patchori's cards on Hard. Just don't run out of gas and you'll make it through.

Edit: Also, I figure I'll say what everyone else probably thought when they read this:

Practice mode is your best friend.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:34:21 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
For ghost wheels, the wheels are aimed where you are standing when the sound of them being fired is made, however it seems that the proceeding wave is still aimed at the same spot or something to that extent. I'm pretty sure this is how it works because it way it messes everyone up is you assume the wheels are always aimed at you, so every other wave you actually end up moving back into the wheel's path.

So basically "Dodge, Wait, Repeat" means when you first hear the sound, move half a wheel to the right/left, then the next time you hear the sound, stay in that general area, then repeat.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
First Non-Card: Yeah, its trivial no matter how you put it. Safespot or not.
Second Non-Card: I don't get what there is to work with. Its one of the easiest attacks ever. Just stand somewhat around the middle and move up a little. That's what i do anyway. I have never died to it and its about as simple on Hard as it is on Easy.
Corpse Spirit "Vengeful Cannibal Spirit": Easier than the Normal version i think because the higher speed of the spell almost eliminates the opportunities to get boxed in. That have happened to me on Normal. But maybe that's just me...
Third Non-Card: This is nothing like Mokou's final non-spell. This is a difficult attack yes but its nowhere near the difficulty of Mokous.
Apology "The Needles of Yore and the Vengeful Spirits in Pain": I have never used a strategy for this one. I usually just dodge all the shots and keep an eye on the top of the screen so i can see where the ghost wheels are coming from and moving out of the way accordingly.
"Small Demon's Revival": This isn't necessarily that bad but it takes some knowledge about how it works to do it.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:48:11 PM »
Thanks for the responses, guys.

I watched your replay, Ancengal, and I think I get how Ghost Wheels works a bit (not that I can do it).  I have been using practice mode a bunch, but it looks like I need to just keep plugging away.

Suikama, I get the idea, but it doesn't seem to work in practice.  It seems random whether or not the new set of wheels is aimed where I was or where I am.  I think it's something like I'm dodging too early to the side.  Either way, it looks like I'm just gonna have to resort to bombing it.  I have too much trouble checking where the ghost wheels are coming from while still trying to dodge the other shots, which is weird, since I have no problem on Chen's final card in PCB.

The problem is that if I bomb the last three attacks, I will (obviously) not have any power at the start of stage 6, which is very bad.  That said, I think I need to figure out the non-card.  It seems to be based around placing yourself in-between two of the ghosts, waiting for the lull, and doing it again.

Ah well.  Practice, practice, practice!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:51:27 PM »
The problem is that if I bomb the last three attacks, I will (obviously) not have any power at the start of stage 6, which is very bad.

You get almost 2 power at the start of stage 6 anyway.
Still, I can't do Blazing Wheel Hard with Marisa *at all*, so I don't suppose it matters.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.