Author Topic: ZUN coming to the United States?!?  (Read 79805 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: ZUN coming to the United States?!?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »
I think when visiting a foreign country, it is always welcome whenever someone attempts to speak your mother tongue, however rudimentary their understanding of your language.

2) Since doujin material is so big in the world of Touhou, we'll find out what can get signed and what can't. We will obviously shoot for "within the realm of reason" so ZUN isn't getting flooded with a bunch of H-doujinshi or stupid TOUHOU HIJACK LOL shirts. We will keep you posted.

Well that's especially refreshing to hear. Just how far along are the planning stages anyway?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
So who wants to get in on a pool for the number of people that will ask ZUN for his autograph but won't actually have an official piece of merchandise for him to sign? <_<
Man I wish I could go there so he can sign my laptop! *shot*

Joking aside, man I'm so jealous, I wish he'd come to Canada one day, more specifically Anime North. I'd actually get him to sign my legitimate touhou game copies I actually have around. Show him much support I have for him because goddamn. (also, I have a japanese friend so he'd help translate things back and forth from him and I if we could ever talk).

Any news if his wife will also be there? Just wondering.

EDIT:
Edit: I have an Akyu's Untouched Score with Mima on it. Gonna get that signed. Right where Mima is.
Sooo...no where? :V :V
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:49:13 PM by Gpop »

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »
Well that's especially refreshing to hear. Just how far along are the planning stages anyway?
I have to find out with the actual con planners, but if the announcement has been made, then clearly things are quite underway. I really don't have much power in the grand scheme of things with this, but I do want to get involved and try to make this go as smoothly as possible, so I'll be staying in contact with whoever I can to get all the information we need.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
I think when visiting a foreign country, it is always welcome whenever someone attempts to speak your mother tongue, however rudimentary their understanding of your language.
True enough.  This brings to mind one of Mizuki's comics on encountering another Japanese speaker at Anime Boston. 

At the very least, my Japanese-speaking friend will likely tag along with me, so I could have her say a few things for me if I struggle to maintain a conversation.

Funny....I remember asking said friend a while back to teach me Japanese some time, in the off-chance that ZUN would come to the U.S. :derp:

I have to find out with the actual con planners, but if the announcement has been made, then clearly things are quite underway. I really don't have much power in the grand scheme of things with this, but I do want to get involved and try to make this go as smoothly as possible, so I'll be staying in contact with whoever I can to get all the information we need.
It's probably a long shot, but could you try to see if you could have ZUN's panel NOT be on the Friday of the con?  If my friend and I end up going, we'll likely be flying in on Friday, probably in the evening.  But then again, ZUN might be able to stick around afterward and hang with the Touhou fans, sorta like Mizuki did.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »
Better yet, RKS.

But that's not as funny, becuase RKS is actually a well-designed game from top to bottom. :C
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
MJP YOU LUCKY FUCKER YOU'D BETTER TAKE PHOTOS FOR ME. >:C

Tengukami

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »

Well, props to you to care enough to be in touch with these guys.

Hey, since he's going to be right next door to you anyway, why not bring down some Carolina BBQ?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »
"Kannushi-san, your work has been an inspiration and a joy to many people, myself included.  Kindly accept this beer, unworthy as it and I may be.  I humbly ask that you grant me the favor of using this permanent marker to sign my wife's right brea-"

* Maccabees Just Punch is shot

Time to think up a beer recipe that's Touhou enough to stand out but not too different than the Japanese palate...

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
Hey, since he's going to be right next door to you anyway, why not bring down some Carolina BBQ?

Ooh, hadn't thought about that; I was planning in bringing some growlers from local breweries here in NC (NC BBQ is way better than SC BBQ btw)

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
Hmm... I've never been to a con before, but I do kind of want to meet ZUN. Maybe get him to sign my copy of SoPM. And I do have family in Atlanta.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm probably gonna do nothing. Please ask intelligent questions on my behalf, con attendees.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:01:37 PM by Clarste »

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
Hmm... I've never been a to con before, but I do kind of want to meet ZUN. Maybe get him to sign my copy of SoPM. And I do have family in Atlanta.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm probably gonna do nothing. Please ask intelligent questions on my behalf, con attendees.

I don't know who you are but if you get your local punkass down here to meet a living god I'll give you some beer. 

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »
Joking aside, man I'm so jealous, I wish he'd come to Canada one day, more specifically Anime North. I'd actually get him to sign my legitimate touhou game copies I actually have around. Show him much support I have for him because goddamn. (also, I have a japanese friend so he'd help translate things back and forth from him and I if we could ever talk).

=[ I really wish I could go to the US just for this, why do I have to live in Canada

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
You do know the US is, like, right below Canada, right >_>

I mean, it maybe not actually be in CANADA, but you best your ass I'm getting my Massachusetts self down there.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
Why do I have to live all the way on the West coast. ;_;

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
Well, props to you to care enough to be in touch with these guys.

I live right outside of Atlanta now, so...

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »
...You'll be inundating him with Coke?

Tengukami

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
But surely you must know how to do Carolina BBQ. Or do you have to be in the state itself for it to work? (My dad's second wife believed this about biscuits; that her biscuits sucked because she was making them in Yankee Maryland and not Good Ol' Tennessee.)

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
But surely you must know how to do Carolina BBQ. Or do you have to be in the state itself for it to work? (My dad's second wife believed this about biscuits; that her biscuits sucked because she was making them in Yankee Maryland and not Good Ol' Tennessee.)

It's all about the leylines, man.

Gotta get dat mana in da wheat.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
On the west coast here as well, so there's no way I'd be able to make it. (especially considering it'd be taking place while I'm at my uni) For those who do end up making it, give us pics please, and a video would be even better. :3
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
I think that he could come to Brazil to drink Cacha?a, it's very close of USA :o
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
This is absolutely mind blowing.
The language barrier is of concern though.

Also, I like how everyone's first idea of an offering is alcohol. That's gonna be one inebriated con :V

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »
Is it my mistake, or did ZUN already mention thinking of going to AWA in passing with someone already? I think some westerner met up with ZUN somewhere and that was part of the conversation, but I sure can't find it.

Now to hope and pray I can get a day off or two despite AWA's proximity to Otakon...

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
I come to Japan and Zun goes to America?!  Cruel fate. 

He can get beer anywhere.  If you really want to impress a Japanese person with food or drink, get them to your biggest, best, most badass steak shop!  (and then supply the beers :D)
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 11:26:13 PM »
Is it my mistake, or did ZUN already mention thinking of going to AWA in passing with someone already? I think some westerner met up with ZUN somewhere and that was part of the conversation, but I sure can't find it.

It was mentioned in the interview Totaku linked on the first page of this thread. :V

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »
It was mentioned in the interview Totaku linked on the first page of this thread. :V
I wish I had the free time I once did for actually being involved in stuff.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Incidentally, those of you interested in going to the con, #conmeido *does* have arrangements. I would highly suggest coordinating with us because we already have a sort of sub block in the AWA block and need to fill it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
Ah cool, that makes this a bit easier.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:02 AM »
You do know the US is, like, right below Canada, right >_>

I mean, it maybe not actually be in CANADA, but you best your ass I'm getting my Massachusetts self down there.
See, this wouldn't be as much a problem if it wasn't a 14 hour drive from here, including the fact that it's generally midterm period for us Uni students.

It was a bit of a pain getting to Otakon last year, dunno if I'm willing to go down again

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:03 AM »

Me: "Nihao. Konnichi wa. Oppamadoka--"
Mizuki Hitoshi: "Hello. Nice to meet you."

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Daya

• Not sure if part of the 1 percent
  • 150 Proof, 75% alcohol by vol, Minimum BAC 0.11
    • The Bunbunmaru Shimbun
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:26 AM »
Incidentally, those of you interested in going to the con, #conmeido *does* have arrangements. I would highly suggest coordinating with us because we already have a sort of sub block in the AWA block and need to fill it.

We do have arrangements under a proposed sub-block. If you make reservations at the  Sheraton Suites Gallaria Atlanta OR Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, please state under that you either are part of the conmeido company or if unable to do that, please put that you're part of the conmeido group. If you do this, PLEASE PM me or check the IRC at #conmeido and message any op; this is important. I am working with the hotel to handle the influx of Touhou fans.

There may be a charter bus coming from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

Mint, we would like to coordinate with AWA a lot more closely. I do not believe if the staff knows what beast has been unleashed by doing this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:36:43 PM by Daya »