Author Topic: Shmups.org's STGT '09  (Read 8725 times)

Shmups.org's STGT '09
« on: August 02, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »
Players and staff are preparing themselves. Please wait warmly until it's ready.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27331

So, who're planning on participating when the time comes? It seems that some of them are planning a doujin tournament as well after this year's STGT..

For what I know of the tournament, each participating team must have up to 7 members, the best 3 scores of the team will be considered for the games that are chosen by the staff. If you plan on participating, please register at the shmups.org forum and enjoy it, this will be my first time participating as well and I expect to have fun  :yukkuri:
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

moozooh

• Your grandfather
    • Touhou world record tracker
Re: Shmups.org's STGT '09
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »
Are you guys planning to make a shrinemaiden team, per chance? That would be interesting!

Also, lgb and Aru-san are up for a doujin tournament it seems, but nothing is set in stone yet. We'll be gauging interest on this after STGT, and post the notice here. If everything works out, there will definitely be a Touhou week.
<nintendonut888> Mountain of Faith, or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb."

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:10:14 PM »
I got word of this tournament through my friends of a brazilian shmup community (where the Pele Shooting Team meets).. since I'm their friend, I'm in debt with them and will be playing with them (in a secondary team, if possible, since I'm not good with scoring, but the tournament will be fun either way or the other :D)

But for the doujin tournament, count me in for a MotK/SM team :D (again, in a secondary team if possible, because I won't underestimate the abilities of the competing teams, and thus won't endanger my team :p)
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:13:34 PM »
seems interesting... Im sure there are 7 people here better at Shmups than me though

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:00:50 PM »
sounds cool. I probably got a couple years of shmuping to go before I'm confident enough to represent for anybody though... I shall practice in the meantime >=P.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:20:46 PM »
I only brought anything up because Aru-san kept going on about it in the channel

also they aren't playing Touhou in this thing and probably never will so if you're going to bother you may want to be at least half of what I think you are

that said, it would not hurt if some of the better players like Kefit, Heartbeam, ASP, Veronica, etc made a TEAM SHRINEMAIDEN or something

dunno if I could join such a team as I'm not the greatest... but again I assume not everyone here cares much about shmups to start with, let alone anything not Touhou

edit: also, it goes from 5 to 7 players on a team; if aforementioned good players could attend we could be tourny legal, and of course shadowbringer could join, or whatever golden I may have missed
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:23:34 PM by lgb »
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
I'll participate (unless I can't find any team to be part of) on both tournaments (even if Touhou doesn't make part of the doujin tournament).. and admit that I'm curious about two things:

- how the people here play non-Touhou shmups, and..
- how the people elsewhere play the Touhou shmups

it's almost the same as wondering how well the Touhou shmup players play the Touhou fighting games and vice-versa :p

Anyways, I hope that I can play at my best at the moment, if I can feel that I've done my best, that will satisfy me. The opportunity to communicate through my fists enjoy the prize of the competition, which is the competition itself celebrate this festivity :toot:
I've been in some tournaments before (none of them being a shmup one, though) and what I can say is, they're fun and instructive. Highly recommended for everyone.
Translations.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 02:18:13 PM »
Unfortunately I'm way too damn rusty to enter said tournament.  Dawn of War 2 has taken what I had left for shmup play :V

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »
registration page is up:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27515

Good luck to all the players and teams, I hope you enjoy the tournament at least as much as I'm awaiting for it.

Approach your target and attack. Your mission starts now... are you ready?
Translations.

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »
So I left my team from last year to renew the team I was in two years ago. Not only do I have to face my old team from last year, they've recruited some scary godly players.

This is going to be a fucking thrill ride.

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

KennyMan666

• Precursor
  • The Saga
    • One Piece: Pure Corruption
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:04 AM »
I'm participating for Team Sweden as I have done previous years.

This year, we have one hell of a vengeance against the SDA teams.
Fly & High!!

Matsuri

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 05:16:42 AM »
I'm too overwhelmed with college stuff to participate this year. Last year's STGT was fun, though.

Maybe next year.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:46:54 PM »
just posting to say thanks to the people who've participated, I hope you guys had at least as much fun as I did have, and that you're interested in participating in future iterations of the STGT, if possible. It would be even better if more people care to join the fun and play together when the time comes..

Aru-san: in case you're still planning on starting a Doujin-tournament, please keep us informed :D  (even with the possibility of me parting ways with my former team -- in favor of one or more MotK teams -- for this tournament)
Translations.

Matsuri

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »
Kind of underwhelming this year in comparison to last year, from the looks of it.

I'm gonna try my best to be in STGT '10 though  :)

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »
just out of curiosity, has anyone here besides me tried to play Touhou music (in my case, through THPlay, which can play the Windows games except for 12.3) while playing the games?

Some of the themes seemed a nice replacement, strangely, though I can't quite remember most of them. Perhaps UFO Stage 3's theme during stages, or certain boss themes during boss fights :D  (there were times that I wished that the theme would last longer, or replay more times, such as Byakuren's theme, Shou's and others :D)

edit: additions to the list: Orin's, Satori's, SA Extra's, Yugi's, Kanako's, Parsee's stage and boss theme
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:35:40 AM by shadowbringer »
Translations.