Author Topic: A Touhou theme park!  (Read 11675 times)

A Touhou theme park!
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
I was reading through http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=8001.0 when I said "I want to continue this topic!"

So, if there was a Touhou themed amusement park, what rides/games/food/entertainment will it have?

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: A Touhou theme park!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:36:02 AM »
Food? Hotdogs, for sure.
Games? I was about to say "kagome-kagome", but do we really need a park for it? Though, it's still possible idea. Anyway, the Most Capacious Hamburger Eater Cup would do. Or the Hotdog Eater Cup, if we'll be too lazy.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ZekeSulastin

• Would you like a flower?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:49:10 AM »
The obvious sort of thing would be rollercoasters with props - make it look like you're whizzing through the bullet patterns and such.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »
The obvious sort of thing would be rollercoasters with props - make it look like you're whizzing through the bullet patterns and such.
Make sure they're the kind that hang you below the track - really give the feeling that you're flying.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »
A fun house themed after Reisen.
A dark ride themed after Rin.
A 3D show with Parsee in it.

Nitori's 4D Workshop. She'll be demonstrating her stuff, then something happens like the audience shrinking or Nitori turning into a giant monster.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
Nitori turning into a giant monster.
Shirikodama hunt. :V

How about mushroom soup? Marisa approves it.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
Shirikodama hunt. :V

How about mushroom soup? Marisa approves it.

With side effects such as flying through a mushroom forest!

Seriously, I think there should be a 4D ride Flandre-themed. Like in the previous thread,

"Flandre: Day in the life of a shut-in
Now with real hallucinations"
 :V :)

GunnerReisen

• Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel
  • /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »
Sakuya Izayoi's knife throw!
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
Nazrin's Shrinking Simulator?

GunnerReisen

• Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel
  • /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
One of those slingshot rides, only instead you're in a bullet.
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

Eiburine

• Ferrero Rocher Lover
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »
A Kisume-themed spinning swing ride, except they put you in a bucket instead of sitting in a chair.

danna45

• Ponytail Fetishist
  • It's only Ice Carz
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
A ride on Komachi's boat.

A stage that plays Bad Apple and has people dancing to it 25 hours a day.

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
It should also have a Hatsune Miku-like concert, except with Mystia and the Prismrivers.

Speaking of which, Mystia's Grilled Lamprey.
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
This is kind of fun! the Vs. Shooters and Fighters HAVE to be somewhere. Maybe the arcade?

The 4D thing would be so Not OSHA Compliant, though. Although if you get Reisen, the three mischievous fairies (someone will have to ensure they aren't being "mischievous" though, and Komachi to help out, anything's possible! This sounds so cool...
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
It would be great if this would really happen if there ever is a day that a Touhou-only con is hosted in the U.S. :V
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »

"Flandre: Day in the life of a shut-in
Now with real hallucinations"

It turns out to be a empty basement, which looks like some art thing, and then the hallucinations come in........
..............NO ONE COMES OUT!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
OK, although this isn't completely related to the topic, it is somewhat related because I think if there was a Touhou theme park, this might be situated in the park.

I brought this up earlier in the Touhou dream thread, but if there was a Touhou themed restaurant I think it'd be cool. It doesn't have to be a full-time restaurant, could be just a small size Touhou-themed cafe hosted at an anime con or whatever. Think of it as a maid cafe, only that instead of maids we have 2hu cosplayers, and instead of a cafe-themed place, it's Gensokyo-themed.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 02:10:31 AM »
It turns out to be a empty basement, which looks like some art thing, and then the hallucinations come in........
..............NO ONE COMES OUT!

They left through a side exit. That, or the group was the "lucky winners", and got to see the ACTUAL SDM. Naturally, no one was home for safety reasons. They left, tried to talk about it... and no one believed them.

No big surprise, huh? Honestly, if any of us suddenly talked about actually exploring Gensokyo, even the diehards would respond: "you were dreaming."

Then again, I should never underestimate the power of the fanbase, and the fanaticism of the diehards. This might actually be a different case, given HOW obsessed the diehards are.

Which is exactly why Yukari would never drag anyone who knows the series there. Because we know TOO MUCH. We know the characters' psyche, and far from being powerless, if one pushed the right buttons on the right people (Tenshi's boredom, Patchy's issues with Marisa, Flandre's innocence, and Remilia's vanity), they could cause an incident without doing anything themselves! Of course, it'd be a high stakes game. One mistake, and it's GAME OVER. But done right, one could use the fact they know pretty much anything about it and form quite the power base.

OK, what is wrong with me? I seriously considered this topic for even a millisecond? But if Yukari does make people vanish, ironic though it is, the only way to get to Gensokyo is through ignorance, and the only way to be safe from her is through knowledge.

Why the hell am I even writing this? I don't know, I went WAY off topic, and I'm just going to press Post on this mess right now.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 05:08:04 AM »
They left through a side exit. That, or the group was the "lucky winners", and got to see the ACTUAL SDM. Naturally, no one was home for safety reasons. They left, tried to talk about it... and no one believed them.

No big surprise, huh? Honestly, if any of us suddenly talked about actually exploring Gensokyo, even the diehards would respond: "you were dreaming."

Then again, I should never underestimate the power of the fanbase, and the fanaticism of the diehards. This might actually be a different case, given HOW obsessed the diehards are.

Which is exactly why Yukari would never drag anyone who knows the series there. Because we know TOO MUCH. We know the characters' psyche, and far from being powerless, if one pushed the right buttons on the right people (Tenshi's boredom, Patchy's issues with Marisa, Flandre's innocence, and Remilia's vanity), they could cause an incident without doing anything themselves! Of course, it'd be a high stakes game. One mistake, and it's GAME OVER. But done right, one could use the fact they know pretty much anything about it and form quite the power base.

OK, what is wrong with me? I seriously considered this topic for even a millisecond? But if Yukari does make people vanish, ironic though it is, the only way to get to Gensokyo is through ignorance, and the only way to be safe from her is through knowledge.

Why the hell am I even writing this? I don't know, I went WAY off topic, and I'm just going to press Post on this mess right now.
You just blew my mind.

......Also the slide exit is a hallucination as well.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:20 PM »
Sorry for the thread bump but a stand that sells Chirumiru Powder Milk is a must. Also serve English beef!
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 12:16:33 AM »
A stand that has Junko selling Holy things would be *Knifed nice!

A Yuuka-themed flower shop.
An Utsuho-themed illegal Uranium shop.
A Yuyuko-themed 'meet-your-beloved dead' tent.
A Youmu and Sakuya-themed blade shop.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:41 AM »
A broom-flying ride similar to the elephant ride at disney
And a 4D show with Eirin in it. It'll be simulating the many things Reisen goes through with Eirin's drug testing.

<Tengukami> Hi, this is me asking you for the second time to stop bumping years-old threads. You are free to make a new topic instead. Please abide this. Thank you and locking.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:46:32 AM by Tengukami »
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)