Author Topic: [Art] Jealous Witch did something derp  (Read 67206 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: [Art] More derp from Delfigamer
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »
So what happened to your studies.
Dropped. Not enough determination. You can ignore this thread from now on if you want.

A little stiff imo. Have you tried experimenting with a line of action?
Haven't really, as I draw even less now. Maybe sometime later.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:33:22 PM by 'ω' »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2016, 12:44:13 AM »
I took a look over your whole thread again. I'd say you made some good progress. I saw also a lot of interest in expressing your ideas and self, you've made a lot of comics here. But somewhere you seem to have misrailed and cornered yourself into a "my drawings are utter crap and people won't mind me if I don't work tirelessly on improvement" sort of development hell. Burnt out-ness, perhaps? Maybe it's just my random ramblings, though I can understand what I've said. Taking a break to subconsciously or not gain some new perspectives isn't a bad thing, but I do hope you return to keep up the good work sometime in the near future. Forgive me if I said something erroneous or out of place.
Anatomy is a boiling cauldron of a thing to throw yourself into, which you did exactly that. Google images really is not helpful at all to start with, don't feel bad.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »
Dropped. Not enough determination. You can ignore this thread from now on if you want.
Haven't really, as I draw even less now. Maybe sometime later.

True, perhaps at a later point in time you can get your determination renewed and resume your studies. I don't blame you if you don't; given how your experiences have been, it'd be unfair to blame you for it. I think I know just how you feel.

My advice is to not go back until you're psychologically ready; to me, you seem to have a negative association with the process of learning to draw. That sort of thing can greatly hamper your progress, perhaps even making it pointless to pursue a tutor while it persists.

Anatomy is a boiling cauldron of a thing to throw yourself into, which you did exactly that. Google images really is not helpful at all to start with, don't feel bad.

Indeed, especially when so much of the advice on the internet is so conflicting. :v

Delfigamer

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »
Yup, I'm still totally ded.
I've never been a person to work hard either.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
The read order on that is a little hard to piece out. The simplicity has its charm, though.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
The read order on that is a little hard to piece out. The simplicity has its charm, though.
I tried reading it right to left at first because of associations. If it looked "western" enough I would have read it left to right instead.

I've never been a person to work hard either.
It doesn't really seem important to me to work really hard and spend like 10 hours a day trying to improve. Sure it'll get you mileage, but if you go in circles it's not really useful. Worrying about how long I spend drawing just makes me feel bad when I can't make myself go over an hour. I'm still not entirely sure the best way to improve for myself, this is just things I've heard other people say. You just need to figure out the best way for yourself.

(You might not really get a lot of use from here because of problems with activity. If you're on a dedicated art forum that would be more useful I think.)

Delfigamer

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »
It's way beyound midnight here, and at this moment, this somehow doesn't sound atrociously bad. I suspect it's because I used an actual sheet this time. Or maybe I'm just tired after all and will remove the link on the next day.
Amplitude modulation sounds like a cheap trick to <insert nostalgia feel> though.
_

Ah! So that's how it happened.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:38:02 PM by 'ω' »

Delfigamer

Delfigamer

Re: [Art+waitwhat] Delfigamer's derp thread
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2016, 05:21:56 PM »
I'm not sure if I should actually post it, so, going by the principle of "what's the worst that could happen" again, I post it.
Here.
Was it even funny? Was it so cringy you suddenly wanted to close the browser and order some brain bleach? Or maybe it's just plain bad? Tell me about this, maybe I shouldn't even waste my time on such stuff.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2016, 10:56:38 PM »
I am much too weak to these =[

Delfigamer

« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2016, 10:45:27 PM »
...So did you enjoy it or did you not?

http://i.imgur.com/SenLTI6.png

So again, what was the point of all that? It's almost a universal consensus that I suck at drawing, and ETA to building at least some decent skill hangs somewhere between 10 years and positive infinity. I don't even enjoy the process (obviously), and the results are simply disappointing most of the time, and keep me wondering "did anyone even smile at this?" otherwise.
It's not like I'll specifically quit drawing, but there's like zero reasons to do it either; hence the abysmal activity.
Leave your feedback, if you care, I guess.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2016, 09:22:06 PM »
Just as an honest sincere question, why do you draw if you say you don't enjoy it? That sounds painful.

e: I mean, you seem to be drawing just to beat yourself up, I don't get it ???

Delfigamer

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2016, 10:39:01 PM »
I draw to show something, which most of the time amounts to some second-rate joke.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:26 PM »
Do you enjoy making the jokes?

Delfigamer

« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2016, 03:50:37 AM »
I guess? I do enjoy having fun, and sometimes I want to share that fun with others. Though often it seems like it wasn't worth the trouble.

Delfigamer

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2017, 03:47:00 AM »
Eh, it's not like I do that much to filter anything, so I'll put it here as well: a Youtuber as a "catgirl" freaking out at L4D2 anime mods.

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »
If you studied the same time you worried about your art you wouldn't have this problem. No motivation is needed if you like to draw. Now you are madamada.

Delfigamer

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2017, 12:43:04 AM »
Wait, do you think I spent hours every day lamenting about how bad I am at drawing? I certainly don't, there are plenty of other things to do (even when I don't have a lot of work for the uni).
And in my conversation with Mea I literally say that I do not like to draw, I do it to get something drawn (which usually happens to be some dumb joke) and maybe gain a tiny bit of skill as well, to get something drawn better the next time.

...Wait, are you trying to say that I shouldn't feel bad for producing something bad? Duh. Easier said than done.

Delfigamer

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
What is this? What did I achieve with this? Why am I even doing this? Why does it feel like I'm doing the exact same thing again? Maybe because the result is not that different either. I guess I could just say "it's the style dwi", though it won't really change that much.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:24:56 PM by Delfigamer »

Delfigamer

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »
Hm, I think that last one has slightly better detail than the ones you posted before.  :>

Delfigamer

Re: [Art] Jealous Witch did something derp
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2017, 03:09:45 PM »
You though it's someone new? Ha. Got you.
Anyway, I finally came around to scanning and cropping all the stuff I drew with my hands, so here's a kinda big post.

The first image is that of a girl with a knife. As usual, I've screwed up everything I possibly could without a reference, so instead of YER she holds something curvy. Also, I think I've put a colored version in there earlier.

This was supposed to be a fanart of GMod Idiot Box, but it wasn't destined to be.

This is me trying something I've done long ago, I drew a room. It came out boring, so I've additionally placed some shadows.

This is another thing that was not.

This one was abandoned once I discovered I couldn't decently draw a person who desperately tries to lift, but doesn't.

This one's fault was that the joke grew old before it was even made.

This one was a fanart of nope.avi. Initially, it was supposed to have 4 panels, but then I decided the joke wasn't worth the effort.

And here is yet another touhou-gmod comic, this time it's based on this.

Here is just a genderswapped Pyro. Somehow I thought that, among the possible characters of the cute girls, the one that fit the most was a capricious one.

The same video, another scene. The fairies being the fairies, of course.

This is another GMod classics.

And this is what happens when a year later I decide to finish the last 2 panels. Turns out my "style" has noticeably changed during the time, after all.

If anyone wants more, I also have an Imgur album with the scans from my notebooks, in a roughly chronological order, since I can't remember when I drew each of them, aside from the fact it was long ago.

Quote from: Tumblr
NSFW: This post is marked as sensitive.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 05:05:57 PM by Delfigamer »