Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467201 times)

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1020 on: May 20, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »
- I wake up after crashing waiting for my external harddrive to format
- "Let's check out Tasofro blog"
- Nitori
- ね!?
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #1021 on: May 20, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Or down as aside from Reimu and Marisa, other characters have never been playable
before (okay, Nitori was Marisas support in SA, but she hasn't been playable alone).

As much as I want Okuu, you do raise a good point. Still, I think she has a decent chance, not great, but decent.

If we go with the logic people have that being in background means not playable, then the SA members left are Bucket girl, Yamane, Parsee, Satori, Orin, Okuu, and Koshi. Of those, I think the sisters, Orin, and Okuu have the best chance.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #1022 on: May 20, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
If they bring Shou to HM I'll pchunn~

How will I dodge that CURVY LAZARZ!?
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

« Reply #1023 on: May 20, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
I think the sisters, Orin, and Okuu have the best chance.
Yeah... Koishi and Satori as tag team would be interesting.
Anyway, now I am waiting with great anticipation who will be revealed tomorrow.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1024 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »
They added a new character! Nitori!

Nitori attacks like a Donkey Kong 3 Boss :P
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #1025 on: May 20, 2013, 05:18:45 PM »
Yeah... Koishi and Satori as tag team would be interesting.
Anyway, now I am waiting with great anticipation who will be revealed tomorrow.

A tag team of the sisters would be pretty cool. Maybe give them some sort of Ice climbers like Mechanic? As for why they are fighting... that I wonder... I mean, Maybe they want to be outside again and supporting Kanako is the way? Personally, I see Okuu being the best choice for Kanako's support... but Orin would be nice.

I am looking forward to tommorow as well. Anything is possible. Right now though, I am waiting for the Nitori fanart to appear from Pixiv

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1026 on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
Yamame is popular underground, too, while Satori (not Koishi) is hated. Just saying.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #1027 on: May 20, 2013, 05:30:44 PM »
Yamame is popular underground, too, while Satori (not Koishi) is hated. Just saying.

stop giving me false hope.
stop making me pray
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #1028 on: May 20, 2013, 05:31:08 PM »
I've been lurking this thread more or less the last few days, did a double take with Nitori showing up as playable. While I'd love to see Satori as playable, I can't really see it happening since it seems like she more prefers to be down in her mansion and most others prefer her being down there. :/

Okuu reappearing on the other hand, I can see that being a slight possibility. Cape Warfare!

« Reply #1029 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
Well, seems like the Salty Kanako pictures are coming in, even though I think she still has a chance.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35836126

Satori is hated because people fear what she could do. I don't think she WANTS to be down there...

I've been lurking this thread more or less the last few days, did a double take with Nitori showing up as playable. While I'd love to see Satori as playable, I can't really see it happening since it seems like she more prefers to be down in her mansion and most others prefer her being down there. :/

Okuu reappearing on the other hand, I can see that being a slight possibility. Cape Warfare!

Yeah that is true. It feels liek Satori doesn't want to live the prison she made for herself. A sad fate.

But yes. We need a cape battle. And if Okuu was in, I hope she is like this fake screen shot.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #1030 on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
Say, say, aren't we forgetting about another wild and horned hermit?
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1031 on: May 20, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »
*Silently hopes for Tenshi*

Even if she appears with Iku as a background character only, I'll be happy. :V

« Reply #1032 on: May 20, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
What if all the non-playable Windows characters appear in the background?
Currently I am thinking that it might be the case.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #1033 on: May 20, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
......well now, I am very VERY surprised. Actually kinda nice though. Up until this point, I had given up completely on any curve balls.

Orin would be cool, throwing people into her cart. Some other random characters I would like are Yuuka, Mamizou, Kasen, Tenshi(a friend of mine REALLY wants her in) and Mami(what a twist :p ) But I am expecting someone new to the series as well.

We haven't seen Alice yet have we? Some of my friends are expecting Alice in the game.

Alice is the mid-boss acting on behalf of her master Mima (who became Alice's master in her ending to that extra stage), who's the final boss.

« Reply #1034 on: May 20, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
Say, say, aren't we forgetting about another wild and horned hermit?

I do think Kasen has a very high chance. SHe is the main character of the manga, and she seems pretty tied to all this as well.

*Silently hopes for Tenshi*

I see tenshi jumping in just because she can.

What if all the non-playable Windows characters appear in the background?
Currently I am thinking that it might be the case.

Oh god. I just imagined a stage that has a bunch of PC-98 characters, just to troll the fanbase. Like Mima in the background, yet she never appears in any of the main games.

......well now, I am very VERY surprised. Actually kinda nice though. Up until this point, I had given up completely on any curve balls.

Alice is the mid-boss acting on behalf of her master Mima (who became Alice's master in her ending to that extra stage), who's the final boss.

Haha, if only. I would like PC-98 characters to appear, just to keep expanding the world.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1035 on: May 20, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
Yamame is popular underground, too

Don't you dare. My heart can only take so much excitement before it explodes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #1036 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
Don't you dare. My heart can only take so much excitement before it explodes.

:ohdear:
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1037 on: May 20, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
Oh god. I just imagined a stage that has a bunch of PC-98 characters, just to troll the fanbase. Like Mima in the background, yet she never appears in any of the main games.

That's actually a neat idea and sounds like something ZUN would do. Not expecting it at all, but hey, if other people can hope...

Also Miko, you're kinda looking villainous there. Reminds me of another mad king...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #1038 on: May 20, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »
Well, It took them long enough to make this picture, haha

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35836493

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #1039 on: May 20, 2013, 06:20:35 PM »
Guys, I think that the reason Nitori is in 13.5 is because Tasfro couldn't put her in 12.3 due to lack of time, so they're making up for lost potential by putting her in this one.

Also, if one recalls that there can be mirror matches in the games, then it can be suspected that the "character in background = not playable" theory is false, if only for that reason.

Hell, gods like Kanako and Suwako can divide themselves infinitely in canon, so Tasfro don't need to alter squat for who's in the background.

Basically, my thought is this:

If Reimu vs. Reimu is possible, then it's possible for playable character to be a background character at the same time. I can imagine a Reimu vs. Reimu match at Hakurei Shrine, with a Reimu in the background either watching the match, or being annoyed with everyone else. In other words, if there can be two Reimus, why not three?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1040 on: May 20, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
Guys, I think that the reason Nitori is in 13.5 is because Tasfro couldn't put her in 12.3 due to lack of time, so they're making up for lost potential by putting her in this one.

Also, if one recalls that there can be mirror matches in the games, then it can be suspected that the "character in background = not playable" theory is false, if only for that reason.

Hell, gods like Kanako and Suwako can divide themselves infinitely in canon, so Tasfro don't need to alter squat for who's in the background.

If Reimu vs. Reimu is possible, then it's possible for playable character to be a background character at the same time. I can imagine a Reimu vs. Reimu match at Hakurei Shrine, with a Reimu in the background either watching the match, or being annoyed with everyone else. In other words, if there can be two Reimus, why not three?

While that does make sense, mirror matches are a fact of fighting games, while Tasofro has to make the conscious decision to put a character in the background and there's not a great reason for them to do that if the character is elsewhere in the game. It's certainly not impossible (other games do it sometimes), but we haven't seen anything so far to suggest it will be that way. If tomorrow's preview is Sanae or Kanako though, everybody's guesses will go right out the window. :D
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #1041 on: May 20, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
"One of the kappa carries with them a culture of hating religion." There's some weird english here but does this mean that Nitori is unique in her hatred of religion or is hating religion part of kappa culture. The latter seems unlikely since it would be like saying "This one member of a group has a trait shared by the entire group" which is redundant.

@Kirin no Sora:
The way I see it, the difference between Reimu vs. Reimu and Reimu in the background when Reimu is fighting, is that one is an accepted loss for sake of sensible game play, and the other is simply avoidable. Its a fighting game and characters should be able to fight themselves, but having background characters is just fancy.
As for Kanako and Suwako appearing in both a fight and in the background, while I understand the gods can split themselves, I just don't see it being displayed so blatantly. While I'm not sure how much of an issue this is, if gods could actually split themselves indefinitely, then they could do ridiculous things with sheer numbers, but they don't and it would be stupid if they could.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #1042 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:01 PM »
This was a shock! Hoping Nitori gets some cloaking move.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1043 on: May 20, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »
"One of the kappa carries with them a culture of hating religion." There's some weird english here but does this mean that Nitori is unique in her hatred of religion or is hating religion part of kappa culture. The latter seems unlikely since it would be like saying "This one member of a group has a trait shared by the entire group" which is redundant.

That does make it sound like it's just her, but the language is weird either way.

@Kirin no Sora:
The way I see it, the difference between Reimu vs. Reimu and Reimu in the background when Reimu is fighting, is that one is an accepted loss for sake of sensible game play, and the other is simply avoidable. Its a fighting game and characters should be able to fight themselves, but having background characters is just fancy.
As for Kanako and Suwako appearing in both a fight and in the background, while I understand the gods can split themselves, I just don't see it being displayed so blatantly. While I'm not sure how much of an issue this is, if gods could actually split themselves indefinitely, then they could do ridiculous things with sheer numbers, but they don't and it would be stupid if they could.

It would be pretty funny if playable Kanako caused dozens and dozen of audience Kanakos to appear in the background.

« Reply #1044 on: May 20, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »

I see what you are getting at. Still, I think from a story standing that would look odd. And any game that had a character in a background and playable, they removed that character from the background if that person was on that stage. Still, I think that even if they didn't do that, it wouldn't bother me much.

This was a shock! Hoping Nitori gets some cloaking move.

I would be surprised if she didn't have one. I imagine it may use up a lot of her energy though to make it balanced.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1045 on: May 20, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
It would be pretty funny if playable Kanako caused dozens and dozen of audience Kanakos to appear in the background.

Not as scary as the thought of dozens of Hinafaces in the audience. She's also a Goddess, after all. :D

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #1046 on: May 20, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »
To be honest, I don't get the thing with "kappas hating religion". I mean, were they like "We hate religion. So we will give our faith to couple of gods." WHen Moriyas came into the Youkai Mountain? Doesn't really add up. I think ZUN just wants Nitori have as many bad traits to her as possible in sense.

« Reply #1047 on: May 20, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
For the record, when it talks about gods splitting themselves infinitely it's talking about their spirit. Splitting their spirit doesn't give them the ability to create multiple bodies. It's basically the explanation for how gods can be enshrined in more than one place at the same time. Now, since they're gods it's not necessarily hard for them to possess like, a stick, and turn that stick into a fully functional humanoid body, but it's also the case that not all bodies are compatible. Kanako apparently had to choose the most suitable Hell Crow to put Yatagarasu into, after all.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1048 on: May 20, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
Not as scary as the thought of dozens of Hinafaces in the audience. She's also a Goddess, after all. :D

Calling it now, full version of the game replaces every single audience character with Hina. Also, Hina will appear in the playable cast three times, as Hina, vampire Hina, and Hina/mecha Hina duo.

To be honest, I don't get the thing with "kappas hating religion". I mean, were they like "We hate religion. So we will give our faith to couple of gods." WHen Moriyas came into the Youkai Mountain? Doesn't really add up. I think ZUN just wants Nitori have as many bad traits to her as possible in sense.

I keep saying Touhou needs villains. If ZUN keeps it up maybe Nitori can be Touhou Darth Vader by 2020.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #1049 on: May 20, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
The 4koma guys is real? I mean really?  :V

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!