Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467238 times)

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #660 on: May 17, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
Noooo! Whyyyy! She was perfect without hat!

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #661 on: May 17, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
Yeah, the hats a bit dumb. However, her fighting sprite doesn't seem to have it, unless its blending in really well.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #662 on: May 17, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »
The image of her using her Last Spell is pretty impressive. You can also catch a glimpse of her scroll design next to her (spirit?) gauge.

EDIT: I like the hat :(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:37:47 PM by Kosachi »
I finally got ahead!

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #663 on: May 17, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
It appears she changes her eye color to purple.

« Reply #664 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
Why'd you use the spoiler tags for the news, isn't this the spoiler topic ? :V

Anyway, here's Byakuren's special trait :

Super-human lineage

Byakuren needs to do some spell chanting before she can use her specials.
By inputting a special command once, she will do the chanting to charge up; then by inputting it again, she will charge down and do the special.
Each special has its own charge, and so in order to use another special, you will need another chanting.
Because of the chanting, using properly the specials is hard, but to make up for that the specials themselves are powerful.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #665 on: May 17, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
Byakuren confirmed for Brawl HM! Nice hat.

Anyway, here's Byakuren's special trait :

Super-human lineage

Byakuren needs to do some spell chanting before she can use her specials.
By inputting a special command once, she will do the chanting to charge up; then by inputting it again, she will charge down and do the special.
Each special has its own charge, and so in order to use another special, you will need another chanting.
Because of the chanting, using properly the specials is hard, but to make up for that the specials themselves are powerful.

So basically, she needs to "buff up" before using specials. Interesting.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #666 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »
Also a screenshot from their blog.

No playable Shou?! I hope it's just an extra appearance.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:59:02 PM by Quwanti »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #667 on: May 17, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
So Byakuren will have to charge attacks a la Jessica Ushiromiya from Ougon Musou Kokyu? Nice~
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

G_H

« Reply #668 on: May 17, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »
@G_H

Thanks for chiming in! But to tell the truth, the pack file has already been successfully reverse-engineered by the Chinese community, including repacking with new image files. I've already seen test screenshots. And as I said, I have no doubt re: the Chinese community's willingness to share the tools developed for HM.
Really? Do you have some links for this? I'm quite interested.
And we're sure this is in fact modding work and not some more edited screenshots?

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #669 on: May 17, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
Well I suppose we'll have to wait very patiently for an English patch once the game is released.

Imosa

« Reply #670 on: May 17, 2013, 01:25:11 PM »
Byakuren's mechanic seems like it could be cool.

@Quwanti: Where is their blog?
Shou appearing in the stage background... that's a real let down... like holy shit. I know, I was all over the argument that things in the background don't stop them from being in the game but... god I hope they have a feature that takes characters out of the background, because I really want to play a Shou.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #671 on: May 17, 2013, 01:33:05 PM »
>Hat

It's the kind of hat worn by itinerant monks. Byakuren was an itinerant monk a thousand years ago.

@G_H

I suggest we continue this patch-related discussion in the dedicated forum.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.0.html
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #672 on: May 17, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #673 on: May 17, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

@Quwanti: Where is their blog?
Shou appearing in the stage background... that's a real let down... like holy shit. I know, I was all over the argument that things in the background don't stop them from being in the game but... god I hope they have a feature that takes characters out of the background, because I really want to play a Shou.
http://www.tasofro.net/cgi-bin/tasoblo/index.html
I always have been sceptic about background characters in the game, and I never expected them to be playable. But now I really hope I was wrong. :V Shou would be really cool to play.

« Reply #674 on: May 17, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »
Guess we can finally put the "Byakuren's hair isn't gradient" argument down at least.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #675 on: May 17, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
Also a screenshot from their blog.

Looks just like one of Meiling's moves. Moves like this really channel a Kenshiro vs. Shin vibe.
This definitely has a dangerous-in-the-right-hands feel to it.
Do we know for certain that having a character in the background means they won't be playable? Was there a statement about this somewhere? It seems like it wouldn't be too much trouble to just remove the background sprite if that character was a participant.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #676 on: May 17, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
byakubyakubyakuren

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #677 on: May 17, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »
Do we know for certain that having a character in the background means they won't be playable? Was there a statement about this somewhere? It seems like it wouldn't be too much trouble to just remove the background sprite if that character was a participant.
Look at it this way: Lambdadelta was in the background in OMK and that didn't stop her from being playable. I hope the same happens with Shou; it would be such a waste to not include her.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Imosa

« Reply #678 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »
We don't. Removable background characters is still an option.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »
Guess we can finally put the "Byakuren's hair isn't gradient" argument down at least.
We could do that at her very first appearance, or at least since Symposium of Post-mysticism.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #680 on: May 17, 2013, 02:09:02 PM »
>Hat

It's the kind of hat worn by itinerant monks. Byakuren was an itinerant monk a thousand years ago.
And it appears to be only in her portrait image, not the in-game sprite.

With Byakuren in, I'll presume Miko is almost a given and Kanako or Suwako feels highly likely too.

Mayson

« Reply #681 on: May 17, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »
And it appears to be only in her portrait image, not the in-game sprite.

With Byakuren in, I'll presume Miko is almost a given and Kanako or Suwako feels highly likely too.
Now there's just Shinki missing (after all she is the goddess of Makai!) D:

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #682 on: May 17, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
Acharya who has gone beyond primates
Hijiri Byakuren

The Myouren Temple is bustling with people.
However, no one comes here with the purpose of listening to Buddha's teaching.
Morality has been discarded. The world has entered the age of decadence, where only people who show off through making a hustle are consider righteous.
Under the principle of "using power as method [to help people find the right path]", she also jumped into the showy battles.

Last Word: Angirasa Veda

A combo attack that first knocks off the opponent with a charge, then burns her with concentrated laser irradiation.
The super fast charge can penetrate the opponent's danmaku, instantly capturing the opponent even across a long distance. With its strong pressure and disheartening high power, this can be said to be a demonstration of her superhuman abilities.

Summary of blog post:
Byakuren is the fastest at moving forward and backward. Her dash is instant (blinking).
Her danmaku range and cost is not so good. Prepare to engage in close combat.

Press skill button combinations to increase their charges, then release by pressing again. This exposes your intention to the opponent.

The skill shown in the blog screenshot is "Talon of Garuda", a flying kick with instant vertical movement.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:38:30 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #683 on: May 17, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »
Byakuren: I've had enough with this pacifism stuff! Time to get serious.

Sh*t just got real, gentleman.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Mayson

« Reply #684 on: May 17, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
Byakuren: I've had enough with this pacifism stuff! Time to get serious.

Sh*t just got real, gentleman.
Silly Teff. There is no such a thing as serious in Gensokyo.  :getdown:

Whatever happens, it will end in a tea or flower viewing party. It simply has to.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #685 on: May 17, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »
We're all missing something vital here.

Kogasa confirmed for not-new-cirno background status.  :P
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #686 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:01 PM »
Aw, drat, Kogasa in the background. Nice to see generic human characters athte Myouren temple though. Before the human village stage came out, I thought it was odd that a game where the plot was to impress humans only had youkai in the background.

Wierd if Shou might not be playable though. I was almost sure she would be. We haven't confirmed that background characters won't be playable but up until this point, most background characters were ones that most didn't expect to be playable anyways.

HM sure seems to be adding lots of doodads to the newer characters' outfits. :P Though it does look a bit odd that she has her had in her in-game portrait next to her lifebar but not on the sprite (I like the idea of a monk hat to stress that she's a monk, personally think her iconic appearance would be changed too much with a hat on the sprite though). Also, martial arts Byakuren, while making sense, looks funny. Not the type of personality normally associated with that sort of thing :P

Those arm proportions in all the arts are really getting kinda wierd. Compared to the sprite proportions, it's almost like they're half length or missing a joint or something uncanny.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:16:34 PM by Tiamat »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #687 on: May 17, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »
Woohoo Byakuren! She was kind of a given but I'm happy to see her announced anyway.

« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
(just had a blast and shouted out the biggest "YES!!" in my life, with Cosmic Mind in the background)
Trying to keep it civil here ;)

I didn't expect it to be this early, but it would be a lie to say that I'm not grateful. Finally, my main has come!
And they make her a strong melee and fastest to boot! Not to mention that she seem skilled too, Kung Fu Youkai Jesus confirmed! Thank you, Tasofro!
That Nanto Gokuto Ken Claw of Garuda/Garuda's Talon...so they decided to go with Shin. I'm hoping for some Toki but this is still great! Though who knows, she might even have moves from various characters.
And yeah, boobs, a really visible one.

« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
I just noticed something...

http://i.imgur.com/PYAUYwO.jpg - The screen from Human village

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2909/byakren.jpg - and the screen from Myouren temple.

The same two girls. In pretty kimonos. I wonder if it's just a reusing of a sprite, or does that mean, that these two might ber relevant?