Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 470543 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1200 on: May 21, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Seriously, can someone actually put in a little effort to verify the truthfulness of that image?
Found it.

« Reply #1201 on: May 21, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
I find it weird that even though we can assume that Shinto is the default religion in Gensokyo, none of the characters are truly relatd to it.
Maybe that's the plot twist of the game. Every one is fighting over people's faith, but in the end, all of them had their believes on Shinto, it was just that every one just overlooked over that.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #1202 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
I didn't realize Meiling is a DLC character, not an on-disk character...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:55:43 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #1203 on: May 21, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
Well, I'm questioning their choice of using SF2 charge mechanics for Koishi's ability...

Also, Koishi is the last character they will reveal on-site. It's entirely possible that their video promotional material, if they make new video promotional material, which is heavily implied in the blog post, could have additional characters. Please be patient.

Patient? what is this term? :p

But really, I can see them surprising us with other characters in a video or other was. I mean, we have like, 5 days till the game is out.

I find it weird that even though we can assume that Shinto is the default religion in Gensokyo, none of the characters are truly relatd to it.
Maybe that's the plot twist of the game. Every one is fighting over people's faith, but in the end, all of them had their believes on Shinto, it was just that every one just overlooked over that.

The people closest to Shinto is the Moriya's, and they aren't in. Reimu you can say is Shinto, but she doesn't even remember what is the God of her shrine, and wants people to visit her shrine just so she can make a living and keep food on the table.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #1204 on: May 21, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
It's a Moriya Shrine conspiracy! *danmaku'd"

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #1205 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
what really amuses me is that, you know, these three religions sorta coexist peacefully in actual japan. Which is pretty meta, all things considered. No one believes that these religions fight each other anymore in the real world. :V
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #1206 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
Maybe the silhouette is a new character.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1207 on: May 21, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »
Found it.
I don't have a Facebook account to see that, but that link seals the deal that Mamizou is in, right?

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #1208 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
what really amuses me is that, you know, these three religions sorta coexist peacefully in actual japan. Which is pretty meta, all things considered. No one believes that these religions fight each other anymore in the real world. :V

But these are youkai, and they like that cause trouble. Plus since all of this is non-leathel, they have more of a reason to fight :p

Maybe the silhouette is a new character.

That is what I am assume, but I cannot even tell what find of creature it could be...

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1209 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »
Found it.
Thanks, although I can't access Facebook atm.

Can Facebook users manipulate post dates at will? (My impression is they can't.) Where does it say this is found in game memory?
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #1210 on: May 21, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
Found it.
Oh damn, it's legit.
He mentions a "boss" character appearing in the code too though, which pretty much goes with everyones thoughts here.

I'm still expecting mamizou as a p2 or random/mimic character.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:28:08 PM by Frog »

« Reply #1211 on: May 21, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
Oh damn, it's legit.
He mentions a "boss" character appearing in the code too though, which pretty much goes with everyones thoughts here.

I'm still expecting mamizou as a p2 or random/mimic character.

Odd how this didn't spread like wild fire... normally things like this are everywhere.

While Having Mamizou as the mirror character would be amusing, I don't want her to be like that. Have her character power be that she transforms to other characters not in the game maybe and do special attacks that way. Or Make her like Double in skullgirls. That could work. Though I think they won't go that route for her, it would be awesome.

And yeah, the Boss is most likely this new character. And if Mamizou is a sub boss and works with this new person... maybe its a side of religion that's pro youkai, but more extreme then Namusan's group.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #1212 on: May 21, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
And yeah, the Boss is most likely this new character. And if Mamizou is a sub boss and works with this new person... maybe its a side of religion that's pro youkai, but more extreme then Namusan's group.
I'm not entirely sure about Mami being more extremist the other gang because she was hired by Byaky's group. I doubt an extremist would fight for a someone who has different beliefs than the ones they are "extreme" for. Even if it's in the same general direction.
I finally got ahead!

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1213 on: May 21, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
I'm not entirely sure about Mami being more extremist the other gang because she was hired by Byaky's group. I doubt an extremist would fight for a someone who has different beliefs than the ones they are "extreme" for. Even if it's in the same general direction.
Mamizou came to Gensokyo due of Nue's request for her to beat Miko up.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1214 on: May 21, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
I highly doubt Mamizou will be the final boss. I mean, the girl in the silhouette looks nothing like her... at least as far as I can tell. And besides, adding a new final boss to HM's list would make the game to have 10 characters as well, just like IaMP.

IaMP:

Reimu | Marisa
Sakuya | Alice
Patchouli | Youmu
Remilia | Yuyuko
Yukari | Suika

HM:

Reimu | Marisa
Ichirin | Byakuren
Futo | Miko
Nitori | Koishi
Mamizou | Silhouette

I second these opinions for the time being. Currently guessing there will be ten characters total, Mamizou as a distinct playable character (not just a mirror or mimic character, although that would be funny) and a new character as the final boss. Also guessing that many of Mamizou's attacks will be "remixes" of other attacks in the game from a variety of characters.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1215 on: May 21, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Where does it say this is found in game memory?

It doesn't.

R.j. O'Neill

It's possible that they had [Koishi] in game memory in the december demo as a fluke (perhaps assuming someone WOULD look in memory for character references), but she's listed just like all the rest of the characters here along with a "boss" character(?), so I highly doubt it. I couldn't find any of this in the newer demo, though...
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1216 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
Mamizou is there to show them how people in the outside world fight wars.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:09:04 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #1217 on: May 21, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »

Mamizou came to Gensokyo due of Nue's request for her to beat Miko up.

Yeah, Mamizou didn't come because Byaky asked Nue to get her. Nue got her on her own. Besides, Isn't Nue isn't a FULL supporter of Byaky. She's more extreme then Namusan wants, and refuses to give up a lot of her youkainess. She just likes Namuzan because she is pro youkai.

So yeah, I can See Nue Asking Mamizou to help fight for their own side in this fight, and then Mamizou recruits for finds someone that would help their cause.

I second these opinions for the time being. Currently guessing there will be ten characters total, Mamizou as a distinct playable character (not just a mirror or mimic character, although that would be funny) and a new character as the final boss. Also guessing that many of Mamizou's attacks will be "remixes" of other attacks in the game from a variety of characters.

So a bit like double in skullgirls. Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. She will have her own unique attacks, but I see some of hers being remixes.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #1218 on: May 21, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
Ichirin's status notes that Byakuren was on some kind of mission, right? Could this have any connection to Byakuren's interest in Koishi during SoPM.

« Reply #1219 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
Ichirin's status notes that Byakuren was on some kind of mission, right? Could this have any connection to Byakuren's interest in Koishi during SoPM.

It's possible. Byakuren is very interested in Koishi since she beleives she is very close to enlightenment. I could see her going traveling with Koishi.

But isn't Koishi living at the temple?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1220 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
...Koishi... Okay, thank you very much, Tasofro, I think I just heard my mind freaking SNAP. "Someone from SA messing things up further" indeed. As if I knew this'll happen. ...Say, could Koishi have influenced me subconsciously back then?

The roster looks fun overall. It seems a bit strange that Reimu and Marisa end up representing Shinto, but whatever, that just gives them a good reason to be in.

« Reply #1221 on: May 21, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
I go to sleep after commenting on a false Koishi image, then wake up and suddenly she's actually confirmed?
What is this
How
You know what none of that even matters, this is the best news. Time to party :getdown: Already know my main character.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #1222 on: May 21, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »
But isn't Koishi living at the temple?
According to the wiki... yes. Wow, I didn't know about this at all. I always thought she was too... lets say brain dead... to do something like accept an invitation to a temple.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1223 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
According to the wiki... yes. Wow, I didn't know about this at all. I always thought she was too... lets say brain dead... to do something like accept an invitation to a temple.
In all honesty this went over my head as well. I think a lot of people missed this but she's now actually a laywoman at the Myouren Temple.

It makes sense that of all people in SA she'd be involved then.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1224 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
Maybe it's because she's brain dead that she accepted the invitation in the first place...

« Reply #1225 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
In all honesty this went over my head as well. I think a lot of people missed this but she's now actually a laywoman at the Myouren Temple.

It makes sense that of all people in SA she'd be involved then.

Yeah I forgot she did that, but I was reading this stuff yesterday on the wiki.

She is a laywomen at the temple because Namusan thinks she is very close to enlightenment, and wants to learn from her and help her reach true enlightnment. I am not sure what the other Youkai think of Koishi though.

I think Byaky wants to get closer to the other SA members as well. She has been open to Orin, but she only will let her join if she will not steal corpses, which it seems is the only reason why Rin wants to join.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1226 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »
I jsut got to her SOPM profile today and in there, Akyuu says "This doesn't mean that she lives purely following her desires. She probably never had any to begin with. Like a piece of cloth fluttering in the wind, she goes with the flow.". So really, if Byakuren would get a chance to talk to her, she could porbably accept anything she would ask jsut because she doesn't have anything else to do.

« Reply #1227 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
Maybe it's because she's brain dead that she accepted the invitation in the first place...

She's not really brain dead... it's more like she is.... special?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1228 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:44 PM »
A lay Buddhist believer doesn't live in the temple. She can still live anywhere she wants.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1229 on: May 21, 2013, 04:45:06 PM »
Well, according to SoPM:
Byakuren has an optimistic view of Koishi's condition, believing that she is close to enlightenment, invited her to join the Myouren Temple. Koishi accepted, but as a laywoman rather than a priest.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."