Author Topic: 2012 in Touhou, Past and Future!  (Read 21228 times)

Re: 2012 in Touhou, Past and Future!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »
Achievements: VoWG timeout, UFO lunatic 1ccs, and perfect TD stage 6 (and a timeout of wriggle's last word but that was not an achievement, it was a curse)

Screw-ups:Playing PoFV, Zil is right PoDD is a lot better on every aspect.

Favorite achievements by others: Seppo's SFN ultra timeout with Youmu no-focus, everything that Zil did this year,same for Jaimers (he discovered some pretty nice danmakufu scripts).

Goals:To become better at the fighting games, i don't really have any goals for the (current) danmaku games...
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

Drake

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 12:10:59 AM »
CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Hmmm how about timeout some spellcards that give me a lot of problems (without using safepoints):
  • Nitori's last spellcard (lunatic)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26028
It isn't technically perfect but the only mistake was playing too silly and running into a column which isn't really a problem lol.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2012, 05:28:23 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Clearing SA's, TD's, and MoF's normals. Clearing SA's extra. I just started playing this May/June so anything I really do past easy I consider an awesome achievement for me. Since I do take considerable breaks after some harsh fails. :V

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Failing at Byakuren's last card on normal. I tend to get into a really bad rut after I fail that hard. The same thing had happened when I failed at Utsuho's last card. I could have been fighting (read: failing at) Nue by now.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: I don't know that many people here. :ohdear: But everyone that's been doing all these 90 fps challenges and completing them are pretty awesome.

Goals for 2013: Unlock UFO's extra. Clearing a few more extras. Maybe clearing hard on SA or MoF (that might be a on the back burner for a while though)

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2012, 08:00:37 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Clearing UFO, and thus all Windows games, on Lunatic. So much joy. Even better was that I went from Hard to Lunatic player in like 4 months or so, which made me really happy that I was actually a bit closer to the level of some of the better guys on the forums! And of course on a non-game related note, coming back onto this board was fantastic. You all are pretty damn great.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Ever hating UFO :V. Also, not stage practicing UFO stage 6 before my Lunatic clear. That was really, really dumb and cost me way too many runs.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: Oh boy. My favorite set of achievements are definitely Nindella's SA related ones. They drove me pretty hard to try my own hand at 1cc'ing SA Lunatic with all shot types, which I did and was a lot of fun actually. I think I like SA a bit more after doing those! My other favorite two achievements are Thanuris's and Malky's VoWG timeouts, which were absolutely amazing. I wasn't even close to being able to take on VoWG when Thanuris did it, but I have a much, much better appreciation for it after Malky did it (no offense Thanuris, I was just too noobish to really understand what a VoWG timeout meant when you did it!).
And of course I definitely love all the non-Lunatic players who posted in the achievements thread. I know that I was very, very intimidated by all the heavy-weights here when I wasn't a Lunatic player, so from my perspective, you guys are all amazing for keeping at it.

Goals for 2013: Hm... I think I'm aiming for no bombing every Lunatic Windows game. After that, my goal will definitely be a LNBUFO run of UFO Lunatic with at least SanaeB and ReimuA. During all that, I'm going to try my hand at a NDNB VoWG timeout, which I really hope I can get by the end of next year. All this seems very far off, but long term goals are definitely what I need right now. Aside from Touhou, I want to see about getting a DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label 2 loop 1cc next year, though I will admit I'm not having the most fun of times attempting it. It's just not as pleasing aesthetically compared to Touhou, and it's somewhat of a clusterfuck information wise (everything's like the same exact color as the background! :(). I also want to explore other non-Touhou shmups as well.
And finally, I want to summon up the motivation to finish researching/typing up/recording of a Touhou LP. Personally I think my voice sucks and I'm going to miss a lot of stuff, but I really want to make a solid attempt at it.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS:
To all lurkers who might read this: Register and come join us! We don't bite~
To non-Lunatic players: Get to Lunatic by the end of next year! You can definitely do it!
To Lunatic players: 1cc all Windows games by the end of next year!
To all Lunatic+ players: Either 1cc UFO Lunatic 90FPS by the end of next year, or NBNUFO UFO Lunatic by the end of next year.
To all Lunatic++ players: Keep on doing what you're doing!
To all "X is best game" people (mostly PoDD and UFO I think): Stop playing it for a week, then come back and absolutely wreck it in whatever way you think you can within a few tries.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26028
It isn't technically perfect but the only mistake was playing too silly and running into a column which isn't really a problem lol.

Ahh without dying is cooler, try again, you can do it ( and I can't :()
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »
Eirin's Lunatic Curse of heavens: Apolo 13
The safespot is harder.
  • Kaguya's Divine Treasure "Brilliant Dragon Bullet"
This card is gay.
  • Nitori's last spellcard (lunatic)
stage is too hard so I used bombs.

Might make a post later about the things I've done. It will turn into a horrible blog though. Oh, well..
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:36:41 PM by Vee »

redlakitu

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
Might make a post later about the things I've done. It will turn into a horrible blog though. Oh, well..
A blog about Touhou scoring and related topics is precisely the kind of blog I'd like to read.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
I agree with redlakitu. your blogs are a nice read every time and I like your insight on the game.

I timed out apollo 13, too, but the replay's at home, so I don't have it just yet :V

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »
and I can't :(

Please don't say that. Like I've said, that's the only thing stopping you from being able to accomplish it. Just follow the general method Drake and Vee and I used in our timeouts.

Wait you're a mod, I shouldn't be talking to you like this :V

Seppo plz blog

Oh

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Probably my first normal 1cc of any windows Touhou (EoSD) way back in January. Or Lunatic NB of EoSD and PCB. Or Perfect IN Extra stage.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Getting to Scarlet Meister with 2 lives and still gamed over. I got to QED around 20 times before perfecting EoSD extra.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: Nindel's runs, Mikkey's runs, and everyone who's been perfecting stages and everyone who's playing at 90fps

Goals for 2013: MoF Lunatic NB, IN Lunatic NB, 1cc UFO, 1cc some PC98 games, try some new shmups. Oh yeah, and NFNB EoSD when I stop sucking.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Try playing games you rarely play. You will see yourself improve quite a bit.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: MarisaA UFO Extra, SanaeB UFO Lunatic.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Playing mahjong.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: T

Goals for 2013: Goals.

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012:  Quitting.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012:  Playing TD.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012:  Heartbeam quitting.

Goals for 2013:  To don't want to die and very enjoy.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Getting a WR in MoF Normal ReimuC. Even though LYX destroyed my score a couple weeks later, I'm still extremely happy. It was a lot of work to get there, but it was pretty fun.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: I dunno, I haven't actually been playing a whole lot this year.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: T is still hanging onto his UFO Extra ReimuA WR. That is pretty cool.

Goals for 2013: Most of my goals are in other games but I'd probably go for UFO LNB. NBNUFO is probably out of reach but who knows.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Everyone! Challenge yourself! Get better!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »
Please don't say that. Like I've said, that's the only thing stopping you from being able to accomplish it. Just follow the general method Drake and Vee and I used in our timeouts.

Wait you're a mod, I shouldn't be talking to you like this :V

I was just being dramatic to convince Drake to try one more time, don't worry, I don't give up easily as a good Rocky Balboa fan :)
And I am not a mod :o

Thanks for the replays Seppo with awesome comments ;)
Go make a blog or train your skills to summarize texts.

PS:

This card is gay.
/\ 2012's most awesome instructive description of a card
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 05:35:12 AM »
Nindella: go an entire stream session of your standard 5 hour length without mentioning Orin.  Or is that impossible?  :getdown:

I-I-IMPOSSIBLE!!!  :qq:

Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012:
- 1ccing all the windows games on Lunatic!  (Oh my gosh... UFO Lunatic, I swear.... nightmares!! Hehe)
- No Bomb SA Lunatic with ReimuA, ReimuB, MarisaA and MarisaB! (I really want that ReimuC No Bomb already!! GAAHH!!)
- No Death SA Lunatic with ReimuA (man.... just... man....!)
- Perfect Stage 5 and Stage 6 SA Lunatic.
- A lot of Ultra, 90fps and all-shottype things with SA and other games, it's nice~

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012:
- Failing Perfect Pacifist Orin with 0.57s left on the last spell card.   I will never forget that failure....
- Failing No Bomb SA Lunatic with several shottypes on things like Ten Evil Stars and Subterranean Sun... man, who does that!
- Failing my UFO Lunatic 1cc attempts before I actually got it on LFS dozens and dozens and dozens of times.  Nightmares.  Nightmares. Nightmares.
- Failing to break 2bil in SA Lunatic with MarisaB because haha two deaths on Sub Sun = final score 1.9something bil.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012:
There are SO MANY!!
- All you crazy people here who've gotten all these Perfect stages (And Perfect Extras too!!) 
- Coreven's UFO Lunatic all shottype 1cc craziness!
- Mikkey and Steven's EoSD No-Bombs!
- A lot of wonderful 1ccs by guys here (UFO lunatics, people's 1st lunatic clears~  always lovely to see!)
- Riz's Lunatic No Bomb No UFO's 4/6!
- Waah's everything, but I don't think he visits here... 1.6bil (?) on Touhou 7 normal is awesome though!  As well as all windows games all shottypes Lunatic clears! (Jesus Christ, all... what? 24 IN Lunatic clears too?!)
- Seppo's WR, Nereid's WR, WR's WR, and other WRs, awesome stuff!!

Goals for 2013:
- Touhou 11 Lunatic No Bomb with all shottypes.
- Touhou 11 Lunatic No Death with all shottypes.
- Touhou 11 Lunatic 90fps with all shottypes.
- Touhou 11 Ultra Lunatic 90fps.
- Touhou 11 Lunatic No Focus with at least 1 shottype.
- Break 3 billion in Touhou 11 Lunatic with MarisaB.
- Perfect Pacifist Orin Lunatic.

- Anyone:  Timeout Orin mid-boss stage 5 SA Lunatic's 1st non-spell, and then perfect pacify the entire popcorn section afterwards until the Ying Yang orbs appear.
- Anyone:  Make at least 15 obvious circles around Orin during her final spell card on Lunatic AFTER the zombie fairies have started shooting bubbles, you cannot bomb or die.
- Anyone:  Capture or timeout Subterranean Sun on Lunatic No Focus with a Marisa shottype.
- Anyone:  Timeout Yuugi's "Wind Blowing Down from Mt. Ooe" on Lunatic with No Focus, Pacifist ReimuC.
- Anyone:  Don't beat yourself up, remember to have fun when playing, and take it easy!    :D

I'll be trying to do all of these goals too!   :derp:  Have fun!   :3
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: EoSD Hard No Bombs, I guess... oh, and capturing Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana with all 12 shot-types. Since I was self-proclaimed "worst in the world" at Resurrection Butterfly. 1209 total tries.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Can't think of anything...

Nereid MoF WR
Seppo IN WR
Cactu UFO Lunatic NBNUFO 1CC
Perfect stages from Seiga Kaku, Sakurei, Karisa, Zengeku, Nindella, and others I'm surely forgetting!

Goals for 2013:
-Get the grindy part done already and get to the Lunatics. I'm doing Easy/Normal/Hard 1CCs with every shot-type, as capturing every spellcard in those modes with every shot-type. And that may take quite a while (especially IN  :wat:). I'm pretty sure I am already good enough to clear some Lunatic games, but I'm supposed to save it for last
-Go to #iamp at mizuumi.net and get good at that game competitively. I went there over the summer but only like twice. Weaksauce. I wanna get pro at the game ;P

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
- Touhou 11 Ultra Lunatic 90fps.
This sounds absurd but okay, may God have mercy on your soul. :D

- Anyone:  Timeout Orin mid-boss stage 5 SA Lunatic's 1st non-spell, and then perfect pacify the entire popcorn section afterwards until the Ying Yang orbs appear.
Is this possible?

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
Is this possible?

I have gotten very close within a few attempts but unfortunately failed it at the end. It's kinda like sewing but with death as the punishment for failure. Very high precision required and a bit of luck too perhabs. The one situation where I got close didn't offer up an impossible situation, i just fucked it up.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
Is this possible?
Why not. I've given it some idle attempts, but the end has always been rather, uh, anticlimatic for me. I was trying to keep it secret that I had done most of it, saving it for a whatever volume of Dodging like a Boss it could be in. Maybe the director of the videos decided to drop it out, though. Always seemed just poor-performance and lucking out with a bad end. I posted about it now, on a whim. I'll probably regret this later, but I'll regret the post anyway. Whatever. This had no reason, anything within this probably has no reason. For most of the forum, at least. There are several reasons for me, some which I prefer to keep hidden.
-

Decided to post after all. This will probably get rather terrible. You've been warned, I guess. Read if you're dumb enough.

-

Me. As selfish as I am, thinking of my own things has always made me feel bad, there always was something bad. I never found much pleasure in looking to the past, but it probably is good for my mental self. And maybe it can teach me things. All in all, this could be useful, and I can endure some minor pain, especially when I get to complain about it beforehand.

So. Start of the year. I had been doing IN easy for about half a year. First finished Yukari run. It's rather funny, looking how totally different it's got while I've only made minor increasements in the score. And now I'm heading for AM's score. Had you told me that I'd be trying to stand against Konatan's score back when I did that run, I most likely would've laughed at your face. Yukari is a nice shot, though. I like her a lot, she is rather easy to pilot around. The unfocused speed is a tad faster than Yuyuko's, making it easier to manage movements on Yukari. The homing is odd and I'm still not sure about everything Ran has controlling her, and that has caused some, uh, restarts during stage 1. Nothing serious though. She's nice, I like how the dress looks in IN, even if I prefer the one she wears in PCB. Oh yeah and being the huge secondary I am (I ship - which is a funny word - Reimu and Yukari), I like to occasionally read the dialog or the endings. Border team doesn't have as good dialog as Magic team does, but I still like theirs as well. I like the game in overall. I like grazing, and Yukari as a character. I like Necrofantasia as well, but it's probably not related. Or maybe it is, I don't know.
Later in January, I was asked to time out this. Or maybe I wasn't. I'm not overly sure of it anymore, but I also remember there being the possibility of adding nonvertical movements to the challenge, but I had decided that it was beyond my ability to read and would require too much luck for me to pull off. I've always been bad at planning dodges for nonvertical movement. I should learn things, I really should. The timeout wasn't too serious, it was a nice little relaxing break from whatever I was grinding back then. Youmu's IN sprite is really nice. I like how her headband wiggles in the wind. It's cute, one of the reasons I like her, I guess. It's saddening that she is too hard for me to play seriously, at least currently. I'll eventually get into learning proper control and timings for her, but that time has yet to come. I'll play on easier shots for now.
Soon after, I had started meddling in spell practice with Yukari. Trying to figure things. Did some replays and was in contact with some people via the uploader. I wouldn't pull out thinking about 160, but I find it comedic, how st later formed a completely new tactic for this card.
Later, I was thinking of NFNBND run of IN Normal on Youmu, and practiced for it a bit. I never looked into it much, haven't returned ever since. I forced someone to do the same thing in TD though, rather awful thing from me now that I think of it. I should repay it by meeting their standards and completing the challenge, but I'm not touching normal Youmu for a while. Targets. Future.
Unfocused Youmu and easy lead me into this. Then I planned about doing a NDNBNV (NV stands for Nonvertical. Always did for me and always will.)
Three Remilia scores followed soon after. I don't think I ever improved them. VgameT beat me rather fastly, but he never posted the score. I'm a lazy ass bastard, so I didn't bother improving my standings.
Long grind finally paid off, and the first SFN timeout on Youmu no focus was done on 2.2.2012. After all of these days I've come to the conclusion, that the end was not the best part. Finally succeeding was  nice, yes, but all of the rush and thrill I had felt for countless times during the attempts at it was more of a major thing. Heartwarming, and keeping me playing. Making deaths and failures not mattering, since after every failure I knew that I'd get to feel the rush once again. All in all, I had a good time.
Soon after the SFN timeout, I started playing around with the new IN ultra patch. Hourai Elixir was really nice and it still is the most watched one of my Youtube videos. Odd, given how so many people seem to hate the card (I always liked it).
Beauty beyond measures. The pattern was made to be timed out, I noticed it immediately. It altered, got more intense and thrilling. My heart lived along it and partially died when all of it reached the end. It was saddening and cheerful at the same time, doing this one. The person making the ultra patches had really hit it with this one. I was left almost speechless after being left to the pattern's mercy.
Then, I started capturing cards on Ultra. I did most of Extra, 6A, 6B and the entirety of 4A and 4B. Spent a few days doing things, annoyed Jaimers a bit by talking about it with him. Some of the patterns looked really nice, others were just a plain pain. Nevertheless, it was a funny, silly journey.
And then I found her. Yuyuko. IN easy Yuyuko. I started slowly climbing up the stairs, slowly learning new things. Slowly improving the score. It's still in the progress. Unfinished. I still haven't been able to make the comment I've had ready for ages, in the case I beat one of IN easy Yuyuko WR's. It is time to learn more things and execute correctly. Let's hope that I won't fall down all of the stairs, it's still a long way to the top. Always is, always will be. I see improving routes as an endless staircase; the further you get, the longer is the way you have to go. It's ... nice.
Sakuya. Someone almost got a WR, it wasn't me. "Maybe you should switch shot-types for a while." It was a good advice, I never returned. I'll be looking into it one day, but having to maintain 24 (or 12) different routes takes time and commitment. Years might pass, I might never return. Or maybe I will, who knows.
A bit after that, I started running a tournament on the Finnish forums. Archives. Currently, I'm not hosting any more rounds unless specially asked for, since the amount of participation dropped way too low for active tournaments. It was nice as long as it lasted. Maybe 2013 will show us more of these, who knows.
Time flies. Soon it was already April, and I had been doing active grinding within IN easy for several months. First Border Team 2.3B, in a rapid succession with 2.4B Netherworld Team and the eventual Magic Team run which broke 2.6B, being my first run thus far to do so. Another Magic Team easy score popped in the uploader within two minutes, beating my score. It was not until lately that I made new effort in it, finally beating that one score. Took a bit longer than a few minutes though.
First time breaking 2B within IN extra. It was a silly survival run, but I was happy about it. It's bad all around, but I was pushed to the edge for the entirety of it. It still is the most intense IN extra clear of mine this far, which is rather silly.
IN easy nonvertical, never made the NMNB. Too busy being bad at other things, I have loads of challenge runs unfinished.
Then I started UFO. The target was to counterstop it on Lunatic. I spent several hundreds of hours griding throughtout a few months, or maybe it was only weeks. I can't remember. I don't want to remember. I never made it to the end, the game crushed my soul into tiny bits. I even went as far as punishing myself physically, thus angering my partner and a few other people, getting very, very depressed in the long run by it. I have yet to return. I tried around a bit, but nothing more. I'm too scared to return.
Then I started playing PCB, during the summer.  I got hooked into it rather fast. Quite a few things were done, for example I got 1B on every shot for Extra and Phantasm. Maybe Easy as well, my mind might be deceiving me on this one. Then, normal. 1.5B broken on two shots, then I gave up and returned to other games. Both recent. ReimuA and SakuyaB were the shot-types. I like both of them. I'm too bad for the game, I'll be back... possibly. I will. One day I might come back and see into it, looking if I could force myself into learning all of the neat grazing and bomb-timing tricks. I did some condition runs of PCB, though. Most notably, no-focus ultra and no-focus/bombs clears. They were silly, but I had relative fun doing them. I still like the game and all. Did some idle NB-runs on other shots whenever I was bored enough.
Then, I was forced to join STGT by .ASP, which took him quite a while of forcing me into it. I got very angry, depressed and lost a few friends due to being and idiot and openly getting into arguments with several people. All in all, however, I made some new friends via the tournament, and the team I was in turned out to consist of very awesome people. They made it overall a pleasurable experience.
I made a Twitter account in May. I've been using it to blog about my Touhou runs and sometimes commenting to stuff  posted by others. I also sometimes communicate with the Finnish anime-fandom scene via it. I'm mainly using English (or Japanese if I'm tweeting about gameplay), but sometimes it's filled with Finnish nonsense. It's been nice to have a Twitter account. I was afraid what would come out of it in the first place, but it has been nice thus far. I also follow several people via it, so it's a rather useful tool for me.
I decided to snipe some older scores during the Autumn. Targets that I reached where 820M SA Normal ReimuA and 2.8B IN Normal, both being rather low, but I enjoyed doing both. I didn't spend too much time on either, SA took one week, IN took two runs.
Other things I sniped were some IN Extra scores. I mainly did it due to the fact that I wanted to play the stage, but becoming THE BEST IN THE WEST! with several shots was funny. All of the runs are awful and unoptimal,  but I can smile at them. They're my little things.
Oh hey, I was playing IN. Lead into me rethinking Easy. November brought me several new scores. Magic Team, Border Team, Yukari FinalA (WR!), Alice FinalA (WR!), Reimu, and some other shots. It's nice to look how high I can get on this list without actually going for any cool and hard things. Picking the low-hanging fruits as always. I'll be punished for it eventually, I'm sure.

It has been a nice year.

-

Other people. I hanged around #PoFV and #Ijiyatsu, causing lots of pain to several people, and becoming joyous myself. Those people were very nice for not banning me.
I enjoyed watching T and .ASP get their records and do high-end scoring. I don't have much insight for TD or UFO Extra, but all of the runs I watched (I don't think I watched all of T's runs though, ... I'm a bad friend. Too uninterested in TD Extra Sanae or something) were really nice all around. The execution seemed (especially in T's case) to be much better than mine. I do minor mistakes all around the place, and carry on while T remains confident all along. I also liked the lunatic runs of UFO .ASP did and beat me into the ground. I've eventually learned into liking being beaten into the ground since that happened so many times with that one person. Oh well. It might not be irreversible damage, since I don't know if it's irreversible, or damage, at all. Time will tell, I'm sure.
.ASP forced me to join STGT'12 as I earlier stated. The team of Which 2hu Wud u Fuk was very, very great. I'm in eternal gratitude for all of the people who were playing within the team. I had a good time. During STGT we (our team) joined an IRC channel of one of the, uh, less playing teams and the channel eventually developed into a friendly place of people who I grow fond of. All of them. Friends are a nice thing, even the ones over the Internet.
Thanuris, Shmoop, Zodiac and tomko were the mainly playing force of W2HUWUF. I'm still very emotionally charged about the everything, and I still feel like thanking all of them again and again. Also thanks for .ASP, without whom this would not have happened.
From HME, Zil. He was nice to follow and I remember chatting a bit with him. I've been lurking for a good while, and it's been fun to follow many of you. I'm giving one example here. I never understood much of the PoDD systems, but I enjoy watching runs of those nevertheless. I guess I also like Yumemi x Chiyuri, which is totally out of concept here.
Several other people of these forums were also nice to follow. As I said, I lurk most of the threads even if I don't post too often (I feel like I don't have too much to post about). All of the timeouts and scoring and clears and things you people have done has been fun to watch.
I enjoyed playing against Vanhaomena in the finnish weekly tournaments. I wish he'd return some day, and I could have a rematch or two. (the tournaments were mainly me losing)
Nereid got a WR of MoF. I told him that he'd be faster that I was and he'd get it within something much more important and played than FinalA easy. He didn't believe. I was right, for once.
I'd like to mention a lot of other things, but that'd feel like prolonging the post. Every run that st and shin did were great watches and inspirational. Zengeku was actually a nice guy when I got to speak with him. Lots of things. Lots of people. A year is a long, long time. I forget half of what happened, and the other half is foggy in my mind.
I had fun. I hope others did too.

-

Challenges. I've got several irons left in the fire myself, things I should do like the SA Normal graze-run. People could always try those. Oh, and unless you're that one guy, I guess you could try beating some of my IN easy scores. Some of them are really bad and easily beatable by anyone of you, and I could use some motivation.  The IN normal and SA normal are also rather bad, and everything I have in PCB are rather bad. I'm unsure if I'd be able to dance with those, but we'll see. Some person-specific things, too.
T: Smile. I know you can do that.
Old_grumpie: You deserved this one for forcing me into STGT.
Zil: Start using IRC.
Nautie: Quit WoW it sucks.

-

Targets. I don't really think ahead that much. I do  whatever I'm currently doing and see what future brings. It's usually no need to rush things, since I will not reach any deadlines anyway and making time-based assumptions of reaching things would just give me more pain. Currently I'm playing IN easy, and IN Extra, trying to push myself a bit higher on this list.

-

That's all. Happy new years, don't drink too much, I'll do that for you.

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 04:03:37 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Beat PCB Phantasm on my second try. I felt QUITE proud of myself.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Ramming into everything possible (Ice rocks from stage 2 of EoSD, fairies, etc), Ramming into Patchouli trying to safespot her lasers, and dying on Wriggle Lunatic right as she was dying.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: A guy came to Soku at the beginning of the year completely terrible and had very low-confidence, but now is one of the better Soku players I've met.

Goals for 2013: Do a Lunatic 1cc of AT LEAST 3 Touhou games. I always get really close, but I've never been able to pull one off. Also, maybe get better at Soku and try to win a Soku Lobby tournament.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Someone do a Lunatic 1cc of Great Fairy Wars no focus no freeze gogogogogo.
Someone do a Subterranean Animism Lunatic 1cc no focus pacifist with Reimu C gogogogogo.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:05:08 AM by Tao-Sensei »

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 04:54:02 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012 - Anything to do with LLS.  ReimuB normal score is probably my favorite of what I've done.
Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012 - Where do I start?
Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012 - Was going to be Zil getting the legendary PoDD Lunatic Chiyuri clear, but apparently that was a couple days before the end of 2011...  So I'll give it to Shin's Lunatic UFO MarisaA WR instead.  Dude's a monster.
Goals for 2013 - To play LLS as much as possible and UFO as little as possible.
CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS - Jaimers, pick up LLS scoring and get 130m+ (D score) in Lunatic.  Are you a bad enough dude?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:03:09 PM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

Zil

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 05:40:10 AM »
but apparently that was a couple days before the end of 2011...
Where did you get that time? At first I thought you were thinking of the cheap-ass run that I did, but even that was in January.

But you should forget all about that and never think about it again. It's nothing to be proud of and I'll regret it forever. The run you're probably thinking of is this one, and that was in June. Not that it's anywhere near as cool as Shin's UFO score in the first place.

But I'll think about those challenges from Zengy and Seppo, though they are terrifying. And nuns aren't sexy.

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 06:03:01 AM »
Where did you get that time? At first I thought you were thinking of the cheap-ass run that I did, but even that was in January.
Here.  But yeah, I guess I forgot to take edits into consideration.  In any case, while it may not compare to anything Shin did, Chiyuri clears are still pretty damn cool in their own right, and achievements from players I know stand out a bit more to me.

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
1ccing games PCB to MoF on Normal and getting close to a PoFV Lunatic 1cc multiple times. As Reisen.

Let's see...
Embodiment of Scarlet Clipdeath
Imperishable Clipdeath
Mountain of Clipdeaths
Subterranean Clipdeath
Ten Clipdeaths
Yeah.  :getdown:

Out of all the insane and glorious achievements this year, I can't really pick. I doesn't help that I'm indecisive.

Goals for 2013:
Finally grab that Lunatic 1cc of PoFV and maybe IN or something as well. At the very least, complete Hard on TH7-TH10 and Normal on TH6/TH11-TH13. Also completing every Extra I've gotten so far at some point.

A pacifist 1cc of Imperishable Night on Lunatic. It must be done eventually! ...If at all possible.  :derp:

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Beating EoSD extra stage. Easily. It took a really, really long time but I did it. I am extremely proud of this.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: I rammed into the bosses. A lot.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: ...

Goals for 2013: 1cc SA with remaining shot types. Beating U.F.O extra. Changing difficulty to hard (oh god)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:04:15 PM by Makedounia »
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
Spoiler:
Almost beating Heatbeam's TD Scores.

This.
Ramming Seiga EVERY TIME I ENTER HER BOSS BATTLE.

T's UFO and TD World Records.
Nereid's MoF Normal WR.
shin getting that 3b+ score in UFO Hard and Lunatic.
UKT, 4.9b SA Lunatic.

Goals for 2013:
PCB Lunatic 1cc with ReimuA, TD Lunatic all characters.
Spoiler:
Sanae doesn't count.
1.5b TD Normal with Reimu, 800m+ TD Easy with Marisa.
Maybe clear some extras too, I'm undecided.

For you all to achieve your goals. You can do it!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Hard mode PoFV with Mystia; Clearing IN and PCB extra for the first time. Beating all the AI on Lunatic and Lunatic Story clear with Meiling in Hisoutensoku.
Spoiler:
I still suck
  :derp: Also clearing all of Mokou's cards with Remi Solo (excluding Imperishable Shooting) and capturing Rising World.
I also stopped the lurking habit.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Sitting on Ran's head during her second card will help me clear PCB Phantasm, obviously. And pretty much dying to every attack that Yuki and Mai throw at me on Normal.
Edit:
00 seconds on Hollow Giant Woo timeout
00 seconds on Midboss Nue's First Card
Pixel of health on Life Spring Infinity Lunatic
<insert long list of 00 seconds and no health here here>

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: Umm...

Goals for 2013: Beat PoFV, MoF, LLS and EoSD extra. 1cc MS Normal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:54:48 PM by Alicirno »

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Beating EoSD, PCB, IN and MoF Extra, 1ccing IN, PCB, EoSD and Seihou Banshiryuu on Hard, 1ccing PoFV on Lunatic, capturing Fantasy Heaven after 458 tries, Hourai Jewel after 478 tries and Seiga's Overdrive in TD after 966 tries. I did some of those long ago; I can do spells in way less tries these days.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1cDCgXQvE  :colonveeplusalpha:

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: A friend's fantastic IN Lunatic 1cc and that same person's nearly perfect Phantasm run.

Goals for 2013: Beat all other Extras, 1cc more games on Hard (maybe even Lunatic!), capture 100% of the spells as the Border team in IN and a lot more of spell practice things.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:45:38 PM by Maribel Hearn »

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: Idk... everything I did was in 2012... maybe my first Lunatic which was PCB... or maybe my first SA Extra clear, which meant more than my Perfect Clear, really.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Every scorerunning attempt, really. Just having the idea of scoring cut 30% of my skill away. Otherwise, I'd say my NMNB1bb PCB Extra run which I borderbroke at Izuna Gongen, which could potentially be my first Perfect Extra even before my first Lunatic 1cc, and months before my actual first Perfect Extra, but yeah.

T's UFO and TD World Records.
Nereid's MoF Normal WR.
shin getting that 3b+ score in UFO Hard and Lunatic.
UKT, 4.9b SA Lunatic.
This. And Ichizoku's 698m as well. As for MoTK, I'd say all the people who perfected Koishi around the same time, that made me happy as I'd just perfected her back then.

Goals for 2013: Nothing really. I'm barely playing Touhou as I'm cured from its addiction and I've been playing other more-sane games, but I'll try to stay around and give some advice to other players, especially at the Spell Card topic. And maybe perfect/pacify some random stage, or a random spellcard under some heavy conditions. But I doubt another Lunatic 1cc or Perfect Extra will be coming.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Timeout UBS no-focus with Youmu, similarly to how JC timed out SFN. That'll make my day.

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »
Timeout UBS no-focus with Youmu, similarly to how JC timed out SFN. That'll make my day.

Or do it on ultra with no conditions (if possible).
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr