Author Topic: Touhou Relationship chart, New Edition  (Read 116439 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Touhou Relationship chart, New Edition
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
Made a few more tweeks. 

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:30 PM »
I'll take it that brown is the student/master relationship.
Something else that I picked up on in SoPM is that Nazrin doesn't actually stay in the Myoren Temple. Instead she usually stays in a house in Muenzuka.
What should that blue area actually indicated. It seems to me that it can't refer to people practicing Buddhism because I don't think Kogasa actually practices Buddhism.

BTW I'm getting my info about Nazrin and Shou from their respective profiles in Symposium of Post-mysticism.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:29:24 AM by Imosa »

Swiftwater

• Licking sweet bean paste, filled with sweet bean paste!!
  • You can even taste it on the outside...
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
Wait, I just noticed that all of the portraits were drawn by alphes, where did you find that?

Imosa

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »
Aya Reiko, what plans do you have for the look of your final chart? I'm starting to like the way mine is looking and we could work together on this if you want. I recently got Visio, which is pretty much Microsoft's chart making program.

Wait, I just noticed that all of the portraits were drawn by alphes, where did you find that?
This. I've started looking for portraits and used Walfa's stuff.

On a separate note, I'm looking at Lord Phrozen's chart and I feel like the titles are superfluous. What information would people like to see on the character tiles? I was thinking of doing first appearance in the series or something like that.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »
Actually, they're all done by kaoru.  Danbooru is your friend.

I think Nazrin is to Shou is more like Eirin is to Kaguya, rather than Ran is to Yukari (since Yukari only sees Ran as a tool to be used).

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
Pretty good updated chart.
I forgot to mention, but should Akyuu not be familiar with Eiki? I am unsure if she knows Yuyuko or Youmu, but I believe Akyuu is in Eiki's service during her reincarnation periods.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Few coloring errors:

Eirin-Reisen is orange, which isn't in the key.

The line connecting Eirin with the Sisters is orange checkered. Again not in the key.

Why is Eirin/Tewi Yellow+Green, while Eirin/Reisen isn't?

Wouldn't call Sanae/Reimu Friendly. Tolerant at best. They are rivals in terms of their shrines.

Cirno's connections make her look like a massive Tsundere. :V

Soga/Futo isn't friendly. They're on bad enough terms that Futo killed Soga and is the reason she woke up as a ghost. They only work together because they both work for Miko. If anything, they're hostile to each other.

Seiga has the same line to Miko as Eirin does to the Watasukis, which isn't explained by the key.

Reimu isn't friendly to the Fairy Trio, Tolerant maybe.

As shown in SA, Aya is familiar with who Yuugi is, from the time the Oni ruled. I think IaMP does the same with Aya-Sukia.

Tokiko, her only appearance was apparently working for Rinnosuke, so should have some connection. She should probobly be listed as familiar unless she was explicitly stated as an employee, however.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Imosa

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
Few coloring errors:

Eirin-Reisen is orange, which isn't in the key.

The line connecting Eirin with the Sisters is orange checkered. Again not in the key.

Why is Eirin/Tewi Yellow+Green, while Eirin/Reisen isn't?

Wouldn't call Sanae/Reimu Friendly. Tolerant at best. They are rivals in terms of their shrines.

Cirno's connections make her look like a massive Tsundere. :V

Soga/Futo isn't friendly. They're on bad enough terms that Futo killed Soga and is the reason she woke up as a ghost. They only work together because they both work for Miko. If anything, they're hostile to each other.

Seiga has the same line to Miko as Eirin does to the Watasukis, which isn't explained by the key.

As shown in SA, Aya is familiar with who Yuugi is, from the time the Oni ruled. I think IaMP does the same with Aya-Sukia.

Tokiko, her only appearance was apparently working for Rinnosuke, so should have some connection. She should probobly be listed as familiar unless she was explicitly stated as an employee, however.
The brown/orange is a student master relationship. You're right, it does need to mentioned in the key.
Twei -- Eirin is weird, they are mutually friendly, but Eirin only knows Twei.
Might Cirno be Tsundere?
From reading SoPM, I wouldn't say Soga -- Futo friendly.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »
I'm tempted to delete Tokiko anyway on the basis that she's too minor of a character.  (Koa and Dai are just visible enough to warrant inclusion.)
I'm trying to wrap my head around how Koishi is connected to Myouren/Byakuren.
Going by the wiki.  I should add a yellow arrow from Futo to Tojiko.   However, their current relationship is mostly friendly as the rivalry has largely dissapated.
I also should add a orange arrow from Eirin to Tei.  Tei, technically, is the one who rules Eientei itself.

Imosa

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 09:37:16 PM »
I'm tempted to delete Tokiko anyway on the basis that she's too minor of a character.  (Koa and Dai are just visible enough to warrant inclusion.)
Going by the wiki.  I should add a yellow arrow from Futo to Tojiko.   However, their current relationship is mostly friendly as the rivalry has largely dissapated.
I also should add a orange arrow from Eirin to Tei.  Tei, technically, is the one who rules Eientei itself.
If you're going for all canon characters you should keep Tokiko, seeing as she is canon.
I'm not entirely sure but I think Kogasa (that is who you're talking about, right), just likes to hang out the the Myouren temple, and only because she finds it easy to scare people.
Quote from: Symposium of Post-mysticism
She often hangs out at the Myouren Temple, but not because she has joined it. Because humans often visit the graveyard, she finds it easier to surprise them from there.
Where are they getting Futo's and Tojiko's relationship from?
As for Eirin being Tewi's teacher... maybe. Honestly I'm not sure, I'd like to read PMiSS first.
Maybe the wiki should do more specific citations.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »

I wouldn't agree with feindly Futo/Tojiko still. They've only just woken up, and Tojiko's found out she got killed.

She's also a vengeful spirit.

That implies she has it out for Futo.

I guess a Yellow/Red line would be appropriate. I don't know where the wiki's claims that they get along come from, that said, I don't recall exactly where I saw that Futo killed Soga either. [I think it was something like Futo let Soga go into the sleep first, then killed her]

I dunno maybe I got some misinformation from somewhere on those two.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
It was something about Futo swapping Soga's vessel for an unfired one, meaning it'd decay before she was able to come back.
Part of the Shikaisen process y'know.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Imosa

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
It was something about Futo swapping Soga's vessel for an unfired one, meaning it'd decay before she was able to come back.
Part of the Shikaisen process y'know.
This is pretty much what SoPM says. The two are only united by their mutual struggle over Buddhism.

UTW

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 12:07:14 AM »
Tojiko didn't even care that Futo tried to kill her. Yes, they were hostile before, and Tojiko being a vengeful ghost should imply being angry. But it's simply hard to call them hostile currently because they're aren't.

Nope, Tokiko never worked for Rinnosuke. Reimu beat her up and stole her books, and took them to Kourindou to sell them. Then when Tokiko came to the store to get them back, her problem with Reimu became a problem with Rinnosuke, until IIRC Reimu took her outside to beat her up again. So if anything Tokiko should be hostile to both.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:36:11 AM by UTW »

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 12:25:03 AM »
Tojiko's Ten Desires Profile pretty much states her relationship with Futo directly. Despite everything, they're "not on bad terms" (IE, not hostile) and Tojiko actually finds her ghost form to be convenient. It doesn't really say they're friends or anything either though. Just that they're united in their hatred of Bhuddism. So I guess co-workers or something would be the safest description of them.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
I always pegged their relationship as kinda-friendly, but just as prone to being vitriolic. Kinda how Mokou and Kaguya are in canon. They're sorta-casual friendly foes.
It's weird like that.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »
Regardless of whether they hate each other or not, they don't seem to refuse working with each other as they work towards a common goal. And this is seen during Miko's spell card (Chaotic Dance).
I finally got ahead!

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon

Imosa

UTW

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:29 AM »
Those people don't always join, but Koishi did.

Imosa

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »
Kogasa, right? My copy of SoPM would disagree
Quote from: Symposium of Post-mysticism
She often hangs out at the Myouren Temple, but not because she has joined it. Because humans often visit the graveyard, she finds it easier to surprise them from there.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
Latest set of revisions:

UTW

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:37 AM »
Kogasa, right? My copy of SoPM would disagree

No, I meant Koishi, but Kogasa, as well. Just not as full fledged members.

We still don't know enough about Koishi's relationship with them, but she appears to have joined as laity/non-clergy .

As for Kogasa, as I said on page one..

I also second moving Kogasa by the Myouren Temple group, if not including her outright. By TD and SoPm she's living on their grounds, others affiliate her with them, she's seen together with Mamizou and Kyouko, and Byakuren doesn't deny it in any way.

So she's living on their property, hangs around with them, and to clarify about Byakuren, when talking about the youkai of the temple during the discussion in SoPm, is included with them and Byakuren doesn't object to it.

It's enough that it should at least be reflected that she's associated with them.

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:52 AM »

Reimu is on friendly terms with the Fairy Trio. She is also on friendly terms with Remilia.
Spoiler:
Near the end of the 3 Fairies Manga, Reimu is more or less friends with the 3 fairies.

I wasn't aware that Koishi joined. Byakuren wants her to be the poster girl or something, but I don't believe Koishi joined.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »
I wasn't aware that Koishi joined. Byakuren wants her to be the poster girl or something, but I don't believe Koishi joined.
The best I could determine is that Byakuren is actively trying to headhunt Koishi for her temple.  Nothing beyond that is known.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »
Knowing Koishi's character, I highly doubt Koishi would have taken it up, and if she did, it wouldn't have been for long until she wandered off aimlessly again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:07:39 AM by Raikaria »

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »
Shouldn't there be a line between Utsuho and Kanako? The Reimu/Yukari relationship has aspects of teacher-student as well. And what about a one-directional line between Maribel and Mokou?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:43:02 PM by Prime32 »

UTW

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »
The question is how much the footnote is meant to imply, but what many including me have gotten from it is that Koishi entered Myouren-ji. How much of that is anyone coming to the conclusion on their own or being influenced by others' opinions, I don't know. Admittedly it influences me a bit. Of course it wouldn't be the first time the fandom had a common misconception. Probably won't know for sure until HM.

*12 後日、勧誘により入門したそうです。出家はせず、在家ですが。

12: Afterwards, she was invited into the temple. Not entering the priesthood, but as a laywoman.

Knowing Koishi's character, I highly doubt Koishi would have taken it up, and if she did, it wouldn't have been for long until she wandered off aimlessly again.

Yeah, probably. Though as a layperson she could have more freedom to come and go and do as she wanted anyway. The definition of a ghost member maybe.

Shouldn't there be a line between Utsuho and Kanako?

Yeah.

And as I also said earlier, Nitori should possibly be tied to the Moriyas, as well. Possibly was involved in building Hisoutensoku, involved in the Dam Project.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:03:32 PM by UTW »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »
Shouldn't there be a line between Utsuho and Kanako? The Reimu/Yukari relationship has aspects of teacher-student as well. And what about a one-directional line between Maribel and Mokou?
Kanako only approached Okuu in her dreams.  Beyond that, there has been little contect between the two.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
Kanako only approached Okuu in her dreams.  Beyond that, there has been little contect between the two.

Kanako at least is still familiar with Okku, well enough to know how to exploit her to her own ends.