Author Topic: GensoQuest: Pirates (Spin-off of GensoQuest)  (Read 2850 times)

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
GensoQuest: Pirates (Spin-off of GensoQuest)
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:16:42 AM »
What is this? Pirates? Yes, you read that right. This is...
GENSOQUEST: PIRATES

About

This is a spin-off of the somewhat not known GensoQuest by Taizen. It's a RPG that involves pirates in a ocean form of Gensokyo! Everything pirate will be in this game! This game is still in development and help would be very appreciated. The game will take place in IRC.

Story

There is a main story being written as of now, but a bunch of random events will make it like there was never one to begin with! With many islands to explore, your crew will have many adventures ahead!

Character Creation

Picking one of six starting classes, everyone has different skills and abilities! Be a mighty Gunner! Navigate as a Helmsman! Power the ship as a Ship Mage! Search for treasure as a Cabin Boy! Take care of your shipmates as a Caretaker! Command your crew as a First Mate! Level up to advance to higher classes for more skills and become the greatest pirates of Gensokyo!

Ships

No pirate crew is complete without their own Ship! Customize your ship and sail the seas! The more you battle ships, the stronger it will get! Scattered across the wide sea are ship parts that can upgrade the crew's ship for many stat bonuses and abilities! Make the greatest fear of the seas!

Treasure

What's a pirate game without any treasure? With many places to obtain treasure, many riches and valuables are up for grabbing! Too lazy to search for anything? Then attack many ships! One of them are bound to land you rich!

Weapons and Protection

Many weapons and clothing are found in GQ: P, with many to buy and many to find, make a walking arsenal! Keep a lookout for Artifacts, which are stronger than regular weapons and release devastating attacks! Armor and Clothing are a jewel to find too.

Rival Pirates, the Navy, the alike

Don't think you're just the only pirate around, many pirates roam the seas, pillaging and kidnapping anything they deem worthy! Make alliances or enemies by your own actions with your crew! Beware the Navys of Gensokyo, they are at a stop to end all piracy and take total control of the seas! Sea monsters and undead pirates also roam the already dangerous seas! Nowhere is safe out in the seas!

Got any suggestions? Have any great ideas to add? Don't be shy (like me who is shaking in fear) and say what you want. I want this to be an enjoyable experience to every player! I need all the help I can get!

Keep sailing!

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
Re: GensoQuest: Pirates (Spin-off of GensoQuest)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
Stats

What is a RPG without any stats? There is six stats with some sub stats.

The major stats are:

STR - melee damage, moving or lifting certain objects.

DEX - range damage, speed, mobility, hit chance.

WIL - Resistance to Magic, Status effect resistance, more likely to take on tougher jobs.

INT - Spell damage, increase on buffing/debuffing magic, better healing effects, smartness.

END - Damage resistance, Debuff resistance, take on harsher weather and enivorments.

LCK - Chance to find things, crit chance, lucky events, transend death.

Classes will be assigned to a stat they major in, which will be later posted.

Sub stats are influenced by the big 6, they include:

Crit Chance - Critical hit rate.
Injury Rate - The percent of damage that can't be healed (explained later)
Weapon Mastery - Split between four different weapons (explained later)
Damage Rate - The damage you can deliver Ex: 58~60
Defense Rate -  Damage that is blocked Ex: Lost 55 Hp from 60 damage

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
Classes Part 1

There are six classes you can choose from. After getting to a certain level, you can pick a secondary class.

First Mate
A role for those that likes to command. Leads the crew.
Type: Leadership
Wep: Blades, Blunts, Pistols
Stats: None

Gunner
The ones who makes holes on ships and people. Can use Cannons.
Type: Ranged
Wep: Blades, Pistols
Stats: Dex, End

Helmsman
The one who make the ship move. Can steer the ship.
Type: Melee
Wep: Blunts
Stats: End, Str

Caretaker
Takes care of the crew. Can manage extra items.
Type: Healer
Wep: Spells
Stats: Int, Dex

Ship Mage
The magic of the crew. Powers the ship's magic.
Type: Magic
Wep: Spells
Stats: Int, Wil

Cabin Boy
The lucky charm. Can find treasure and give bonuses to other classes.
Type: Stealth
Wep: Blades
Stat: Dex, Lck

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »
Injury Rate[/size]

Getting attacked in battle most of the time means damage. Of course when you're at a low amount, you'll heal yourself. This might sometimes be the case of enemies, as they heal themselves and hard work will be in vain. Not in this game.

Injury Rate is how much you can wound an enemy.

Let's say you're fighting someone with 80 HP, you attack and deal 10 damage.
When the person heals, he might only heal up to 78 or 79 HP.
In other words, wounds temporarely decreases one's Max Health.

Everyone has a certain Injury Rate. Ways to heal wounds are by resting up, or using medical items.

Pistols have high Injury Rates while Blunts have low Injury Rates.

...Maybe I should explain weapons next.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 02:17:26 PM »
The game will take place in IRC.
I re-read entirely the thread again though I want to know how you intend to even run this game on IRC?

Is this a table-top / virtual / board-game / RPG?  If so, unfortunately it does not belong in this forum section.

RikaNitori and Projects are for pure solid games, mods and such. Virtual table-top board / irc games generally don't go on our forums AFAIK. (In most dramatic case, if this is touhou related, it goes to Addict section.

Your response please.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:19:15 PM by Helepolis »

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »
Oh. Well if this is a problem, then I can understand. I just thought IRC games would count as something solid.

If it's really a big problem, then you can move this to where is should belong. (and yes this is touhou related)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »
Solid as in: It is something that can be downloaded / installed and played. Such as games, mods, mutations.

IRC games go under the catagory of Text based games, but then again not forum games (so RPG is also difficult), therefore also does not belong in RikaNitori. Moving your thread to TARC as it is most suitable imo.