Author Topic: Cirno Racing, Dream Come True for a Touhou Racing  (Read 20163 times)

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Cirno Racing, Dream Come True for a Touhou Racing
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
Cirno Racing Homepage: チルノレーシング・幻想へのロード
Cirno Racing Stuff: http://n216.com/hrszn/

... GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!???

This... This is... MY IDEA!!!!!!

... Minus the carts, aheheh ^^;;.

Ack, pardon. T'was kinda what I wanted to shout when I watched Cirno Racing PV... But eh, rant or whatever above is not really in a negative way. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this title hitting the shelves.

About my idea...
What the heck, when I was imagining the racing game, Wriggle Nightbug's Theme is the background music. Like what I told to my friend, the melody of Wriggle's theme is so racing-like!

Mine wasn't consisting of carts, though - they fly. Don't ask me how that kind of racing would work. The idea just occurred to me then.

... Could be coincidence, but eh, I'm actually happy about a Touhou racing game under development! xD (or is it for sale already?)

Going to comment and write opinions about the game now, based on the PV.

The subtitle of Cirno Racing sounds familiar, "幻想へのロード". I've read this before, in a subtitle of a game title too. *looks at title itself*... Huh, now that I noticed, will you look at the Cirno Racing title logo. The design came from Chocobo Racing! xD K~, expecting to see some ChocoboRacing-like stuff there then.

Carts: Uhh... Not surprised it's in 3D. But wait, that's not the issue!
Like Bomberman Fantasy Race (with their pets as vehicles) turned to Bomberman Cart (real carts replaced the pet ones), they were given carts to ride on and race against each other. Not bad an excuse for racing, but they could've personalized their rides, like:
Reimu riding on Grandpa Genjii! (wow, that's coming from PC98! xD)
Marisa... well, her broom... or a Jet Coaster (Chocobo's vehicle)
Youmu and Myon! xD
Yuyuko and her ghosts or butterflies (these two will be flying-types, similar to the concept of Shiroma and Black Mage of Chocobo Racing)
Cirno will have some ice-themed Jet Coaster or something ice-themed, or literally ice.
Nitori could have anything under the sun... Uhh, anything that's still a cart - she's one mechanic herself. ... Wait, she's not racing. She'll work like Cid! I mean, you know, Nitori will be the one to construct / alter / modify the vehicles! (just like the PV shows)
EDIT: Ah, just saw more of the homepage's stuff. The Reimu riding on Genjii turns out to be real already. I guess the supposed-to-be rides I'm thinking could be used as a skill or other stuff.

... I just wish we could shoot bullets, just as Rock/Megaman can shoot pellets in Rockman Battle & Chase and as Bomberman can throw bombs in Bomberman Fantasy Race... Yeah, that's it! Besides Spellcards that they can use as racing weapons, they have basic Danmaku shots!

What's with Marisa & Youmu being the same type of racer? xD Kyaaaaa~ MarisaYoumu~<3!

tl;dr
They had (part of) my idea under works. Could be a coincidence, but whatever: I'm happy about Cirno Racing! They could've had personalized carts - and by personalized carts I mean not just colored carts themed to the character's design, but each chara having a unique vehicle.

EDIT2: Fixed the doubled part in the beginning of the message. Sorry about that >.<;;

Discuss ^_^
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:47:42 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Re: Cirno Racing, Dream Come True for a Touhou Racing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
i heard a little about this before. watching the vid again though, it looks meh tbh. i won't make any final judgements until i've played it though

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:19 PM »
It will only work if she can have car number 9.

kuroisakura1000

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
This is actually one of the games I'm waiting for it to come out in C76 =D

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:05 PM »
I don't know... I expect them to insert some leveling in the tracks. Since it was just a trailer, it's ok for them to use a straight track.
Good thing that the trailer implies that special things happen in the way (they do it in the Aya part).

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
The "Cirno" in the title instantly turned me off :V

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:48:31 PM »
Maybe it'll be good, and I hope so since I like cart racing games but I hope they change the camera perspective. The camera is a bit too far and too low. If you can change it yourself then it would be good. The other thing I'm concerned about is the tracks, they look a bit plain, especially the one on the grass, it doesn't seem to have a path, weird. Anyways, thanks for the news.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
Maybe it'll be good, and I hope so since I like cart racing games but I hope they change the camera perspective. The camera is a bit too far and too low. If you can change it yourself then it would be good. The other thing I'm concerned about is the tracks, they look a bit plain, especially the one on the grass, it doesn't seem to have a path, weird. Anyways, thanks for the news.
That's obviously a beta field. Come on, people. You're smarter than this.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 08:18:58 AM »
I know it's probably still in beta stage but while working as a tester(I still am) I saw some bad design choices that came at pre-alpha stage and are still in the finished product. And those are commercial games. I try to never get my hopes up for games since I can only be disappointed(see the Smash Bros Brawl hype train).

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
Fixed my post because it repeated some parts of the beginning message (sorry I didn't preview the post after modifying it the first time).

In the PV page, there's a message above the embedded video that tells that the perspective shown in the PV is old, and provides a link to a picture comparing the old and the current perspective.

More updated stuff can be seen in the creator's homepage. At the top-left pane of the website, find this part:
チルノレーシング捏造の記録
1/2(完了)
Click 1 or 2 to make links appear at the bottom-left pane. Those links contain more Cirno Racing info (story, characters, modes, courses...). =.=;; Sorry I should've brought this link up early.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
I know it's probably still in beta stage but while working as a tester(I still am) I saw some bad design choices that came at pre-alpha stage and are still in the finished product. And those are commercial games. I try to never get my hopes up for games since I can only be disappointed(see the Smash Bros Brawl hype train).
The next time someone brings up Brawl, I'm just going to delete their account.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:08 PM »
I didn't even talk about that game I only mentioned the hype train. Also if you don't want people talking about certain things then you should put it in the rules. It's not I would have made a topic about said game and started saying shit about it. I still like that game and play it sometimes. Pardon me if I'm rude but threatening to delete an account just for that seems like a power trip. People seem to jump at my throat whenever I post these days and I don't understand why, I just try to have a civilized discussion.

Sorry about the offtopic post. To redeem myself I'll ask this question, what characters do you hope are included in the game? This screenshot seems to reveal that there are 12 secret characters.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »
Pardon me if I'm rude but threatening to delete an account just for that seems like a power trip. People seem to jump at my throat whenever I post these days and I don't understand why, I just try to have a civilized discussion.
It's because we all hate you. In all seriousness, whenever Brawl comes up, it turns into a crapfest, so I'm nipping it in the bud. It's not you, really.

Baroque

• For bandodging
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
Well, people have been banned for less.

That said, looking forward to the finished product; I enjoy a good racing game every now and then.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:41:42 AM »
I understand your point and won't mention it again sorry about that.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »
I understand your point and won't mention it again sorry about that.
No worries. You're cool.

DeathShot Catharsis

• I'm a bad poster who can't take any criticism!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 07:01:22 AM »
This game needs one thing.

And that's Coconut Mall.

Add that track and song in, and it's golden.

Edit: Probably should've added a video detailing the course.

I don't even know why I want this course in.....but a Kart Racer has to pay homage to Mario Kart....right....?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:07:39 AM by Chagen46 »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »

And that's Coconut Mall.

Edit: Probably should've added a video detailing the course.

I don't even know why I want this course in.....but a Kart Racer has to pay homage to Mario Kart....right....?

Not all the time, and not always in the same way; take a look at CTR (Crash Team Racing, one of the last wholly-good Crash Bandicoot games). Just about the only things kept in the formula were a turbo boost, hang-time boost (from 64), and the fact that they're karts.

That said, I do like Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii wi-fi veteran here, have been forced on that stage often), but not enough that I'd want to see it in this game; partly because it wouldn't really fit unless it were some sort of race through the Human Village, and partly because . . . well, yeah, if the game's style ends up fitting that sort of course well then fine, but if it doesn't then it oughtn't try to stretch itself lest it jump the shark (e.g., Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road, which it shares with an F-Zero game, hence the ridiculous Starting Dip of DIE).

Either way, I do look forward to seeing the end product, as the world does need more good racing games.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »

And that's Coconut Mall.

Oh god no. No MKWii please.
You might just as well go all the way and have wiimote waggle controls and item rape.

What it needs is something from F-Zero, like this.

DeathShot Catharsis

• I'm a bad poster who can't take any criticism!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »

And that's Coconut Mall.

Oh god no. No MKWii please.
You might just as well go all the way and have wiimote waggle controls and item rape.

What it needs is something from F-Zero, like this.

Both of our ideas don't make any sense.

And, my good sir, you fail; Mario kart Wii is awesome.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »
The thing I hate about Mario Kart Wii is that it's an even more luckfest than before. When they upped it to 12 racers at a time, what balance was left in the series broke.

That said, I still enjoy MKWii - granted, I use the Gamecube controller most of the time, but it's fun to use the wheel too. I love the F-Zero series, though, too.

ANYWAY, this game looks pretty cute, can't wait to try it out.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Shinki~san

• There is no way my goddess of Makai...
  • can be this cute~
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »
Despite expectations to come out on Cirno Day, it never happened.
So I guess this is another Duke Nukem Forever?
I sure hope not, I saw the trailers posted in the first post before long ago and I really wanted to play it.

lurking

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »
Definitely hoping for a demo - or at least another preview - at this winter's Comiket...

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality