Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 304946 times)

Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »
I had a really weird touhou related dream once where i found myself in the hakurei shrine but instead of the normal greeting in these kinds of dreams that i normally get i was on top of one of those sacrificing tables and reimu and marisa were talking about sacrificing me to the shrines god because it was angry at the amount of donations reimu had been getting my dream fortunately  didn't get much further then that because i woke up to my alarm clock screaming in my face.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 03:43:30 AM »
Ohohoho why did I miss this thread? I didn't have any more Touhou dreams since the last time I posted on the last Touhou dream thread...

...until like a week ago: Yeah, that's when all dreams I had were related to Touhous in one way or the other. Most of them were related to Touhou cosplaying, but there were some others related to the game itself. Here's only a few out of like gazillion Touhou dreams I had for the past week.

1. Broadcasted Touhou games
At a local BK's, eating my burger and what not and the TV on the wall starts broadcasting a Touhou playthrough of UFO by one of the Touhou wiki admins... (I can't remember who it was, I just remember that it was one of the admins because they said so during the broadcast) and they were getting these ridiculously high scores and mostly 1LCs. Another playthrough showed how the same admin would replace all records in PCB set by HS参謀. People who were watching were all cheering at the playthrough. Oh boy if only this could actually happen :3

2. Oh my god, a Touhou Real Mahjong?
Yeah! Exactly! I was playing a standard 4-person mahjong game against Yukari, Yuyuko, and Youmu. The match was broadcasted by Aya and some of my mahjong group buddies and even ZUN was watching the game over our shoulders. The matches seemed endless, a Yakuman from me and a couple from Yukari. It almost seemed like it was a match simply between me and Yukari because the other two would keep dealing into our hands.
Funny thing is that my dreams would sometimes fast forward me through the game often, so after my 6th turn I would immediately find myself facing my 13th turn, with all discards already made and my hand somehow almost prepared for winning. Sakuya???

3. Me playing next Touhou games woohoo!
Yep, this was the most frequent type of Touhou dream I had in the past week. Since there's so many to go over in detail, I'll probably just list the few where I remember the details of the game.
-TH13.5 related dreams
--I was playing as Sanae against Reimu. Sanae had some badass skills in the game.
--Another dream had TH 13.5 have only eight playable characters. It really annoyed me to find out that Yukari wasn't one of them!
-TH14 related dreams
--One dream had three playable characters: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae
--Another dream had five: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Youmu, Sakuya
--In one of them Mima appeared as first stage boss

4. ZUN coming to the US???
And this most recent dream involved ZUN being at a con in the US (specifically a Touhou panel), speaking some English, and sharing with the audience his latest musical work and accepting input and suggestions.  I went up to ZUN after the panel for a little chat....and then woke up.
Ohohohoho! Lot similar to mine except for the part about the musical work. So maybe we did get to foresee what will happen in the near future?
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:48 PM »
I've tried playing Touhou music from my phone as i fall asleep, attempting to nudge a Touhou dream into appearance. Yeah, hasn't worked... YET.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
I really don't believe you can force a touhou dream to happen which i tried multiple times. Although if you play some of the character themes like mystias from imperishable night while you sleep you get some pretty weird dreams

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
Nah the music trick never works for me. I've tried arranges, actual theme songs, and even AMVs, but the Touhou dreams usually start settling in once you get into the pattern of thinking about Touhou like almost every single free time u get. That said, here's yet another Touhou dream after another day of procrastination with Touhou before my final exams...

Walking down a forest and sees Yukari on top of a tree and the dream ends :o
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
Fan manga before bed sometimes does it for me.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
So it seems like the consensus is that you have to do some kind of Touhou-related activity in order to dream Touhous XD haha

Your awesome dream of spell cards :3
Dude you should write a Touhou fan fic with that stuff :D I'm still working on mine with Yuuka and Gensokyo lost... I Just have to finish the translation into English

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »
Currently on a NSFW rampage with a lot of Touhou characters . . . my dreams really are quite  :blush:

I'm numbering at 8 right now.

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
i had a dream i never expected to get it was doing the opposite of what the touhou  notion of who is more powerful would suggest. Wriggle beat mystia in a danmaku duel. it was kinda weird and felt like it lasted forever

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
i had a dream i never expected to get it was doing the opposite of what the touhou  notion of who is more powerful would suggest. Wriggle beat mystia in a danmaku duel. it was kinda weird and felt like it lasted forever.

Huh. Interesting. Two members of Team ⑨ squaring off? And you say the Stage 1 boss beat the Stage 2 one?  Well, that's interesting... Remember anything else?
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:37 AM »
@Cybeast710 a little. They were fighting over wriggle destroying mystias lamprey stand but can't remember how wriggle destroyed it.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »
Can't believe I missed this thread. I actually have lots of Touhou dreams in general since I asked my teacher about dreams in 5th grade where she told me to keep a dream journal, which I did. The last dream I had was a dream where I was, what I assumed, was the underground at Satori's palace. I was sitting on a couch on my laptop (why does Gensokyo have internet...) with Koishi. Koishi said she was hungry (this part was in Japanese) and then she punched me, at which point I woke up.

Those of you who haven't had a wake initiated lucid dream, wear a watch and check it often during the day and night. When you sleep make sure you check it. Try to do this in your dreams as well. After doing it enough, you may be more inclined to do this in a dream. The watch in your dream should be hazy, distorted, or just outright weird. At this point you should be able to tell that it's a dream and begin lucid dreaming. Doesn't always work, but it's worked most of the time for me.

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
If I'm able to think of a certain action while I'm dreaming, (ie: Pull out a pistol and start shooting monsters or control the element of fire etc . . ) and my character/ myself in the dream does that action, does that count of lucid dreaming?

That's what usually happens in all my dreams, but limited because sometimes my mind sometimes just does what it first thinks and that's what occurs. Sometimes this ends my dreams on incredibly scary nightmares.

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
For me when i get a lucid dream it always when i am doing something my brain recognizes as an outside influence such as listening to music while sleeping

Another touhou dream

all that i remember was that yuuka was teaching medicine the meaning of pain because of medicine is a doll if remember correctly and cant feel pain

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
Last night in part of my dream I was back in a high school math class. On one page of the textbook there was a picture of a woman that looked kinda like Sanae - green hair, blue dress - and I thought, "I have to take a picture of this to post on MotK!" :V

edit: lol forum sees Android tablet as just "Linux," now I look like I'm smart.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:22:03 AM by Goldom »

« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »
Last night I dreamed I was playing TD and those double blue bullets from the PC 98 games () were in it. An enemy fired one and I somehow managed to slip through the tiny gap in between and survive.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
loosely related since it has to do with MoTK...

Had a dream where tons of people I met at cons were eating at some kind of restaurant (Applebees? Outback? Dunno it was some kind of family restaurant). I noticed some of them were MoTK people. As I walked in somebody shouted out it was someone's birthday (dunno who it was since I remember most people by their forum names) and a small group of people sitting on a table started singing out happy birthday. Funny thing was the rest of the people in the restaurant were just glaring at that table with annoyed looks on their faces, and as soon as the singing stopped at the table, the rest of the people in the restaurant all angrily started "singing back" and ended the song with shouting "Happy fucking birthday you motherfucker" angrily at the table. Dunno why but kind of found it amusing. I also remember a bit where some guy I was eating with complained about "not celebrating birthdays on MoTK threads anymore and instead celebrating in fucking restaurants like this" and complained about "the good ol' days when people used to hijack avvys gone a long time ago".

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:42 AM »
Dude you should write a Touhou fan fic with that stuff :D I'm still working on mine with Yuuka and Gensokyo lost... I Just have to finish the translation into English

I have little to none writing ability but, I do have tons of dreams with spellcards and I wouldn't mind posting them here.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
So... am I the only one who never had any touhou dream? :( Man, I wish I was Maribel >_< Maybe I need to play more touhou.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
So... am I the only one who never had any touhou dream? :( Man, I wish I was Maribel >_< Maybe I need to play more touhou.

Haven't had any since i made the OP, so you're not alone.

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »
It takes a while of being a addicted to touhou before you begin to dream about touhou related stuff  and sometimes you never do because dreams are very weird things that are not easily controlled

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:01 AM »
It takes a while of being a addicted to touhou before you begin to dream about touhou related stuff  and sometimes you never do because dreams are very weird things that are not easily controlled

So, are you saying that playing touhou on daily basis for few months doesn't make me addicted yet? :( I admit I haven't 1 cc'd MoF on normal yet...
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
So, are you saying that playing touhou on daily basis for few months doesn't make me addicted yet? :( I admit I haven't 1 cc'd MoF on normal yet...

I haven't 1cc'd it on Easy yet. Got to Kanako on my second playthrough of Easy before running out of lives (and just not wanting to take a continue)

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
You can be addicted to Touhou music and dream about Touhou everyday. Oh boy, now there will be people who'll test this idea by listening to IOSYS everyday lol
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:27:51 PM by DeltaSierra4 »

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
I haven't 1cc'd it on Easy yet. Got to Kanako on my second playthrough of Easy before running out of lives (and just not wanting to take a continue)

I've 1 cc'd every game on easy except SA and UFO. I gave up on 1 cc'ing EoSD on normal, grazing is still hard somehow even after downloading the hitbox patch. I've only 1 cc'd IN and TD on normal. Yet still not addicted, maybe I need to 1 cc everything on normal to finally experience irl danmaku lol xD Btw I've played Touhou for like 5-6 months, I wonder if my progress is slow...

PS: Oops, getting off-topic x.x
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2012, 01:39:32 AM »
I've 1 cc'd every game on easy except SA and UFO. I gave up on 1 cc'ing EoSD on normal, grazing is still hard somehow even after downloading the hitbox patch. I've only 1 cc'd IN and TD on normal. Yet still not addicted, maybe I need to 1 cc everything on normal to finally experience irl danmaku lol xD Btw I've played Touhou for like 5-6 months, I wonder if my progress is slow...

PS: Oops, getting off-topic x.x

Key words were SECOND PLAYTHROUGH. Which was also my most recent.
Getting off topic indeed... Let's keep those posts in "Help Me, Eirin!" from now on, k?

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »
I think I just remember. I dreamt about beating Mokou as IN extra boss, which is one of my current goals. What an irony.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
I had a dream that I was fighting Yukari (wearing the blue ribbons). Her first two spellcards were normal, but afterwards they consisted of all the playable characters' Last Words. I've only seen Alice's, but in the dream I saw Reimu's, Sakuya's, Remilia's, Yuyuko's, and Youmu's. I'm sure they weren't their real LWs; Yuyuko's consisted of wide rainbowy lasers and a slightly smaller Master Spark.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
That one that was supposedly Yuyuko's might have actually been Eiki's. As it's similar in description to her Last Judgement spellcard.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
That one that was supposedly Yuyuko's might have actually been Eiki's. As it's similar in description to her Last Judgement spellcard.

There were a lot more lasers. Luckily this is the one I remember most vividly.

Rainbow vertical lasers about a quarter of an inch thick, kind of like a loose weave pattern. They spanned across the entire screen. It was a really short timeout card, only about ten seconds. The goal was to somehow get out of the way of a smaller Master Spark laser that Yuyuko fired own the middle--so basically if you stood in the middle not knowing what to expect, you're screwed, since the vertical lasers forbid horizontal movement. If I had Gimp skills I'd recreate it.