Author Topic: AnimeUSA 2012 - Edible was there!*  (Read 6628 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
AnimeUSA 2012 - Edible was there!*
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
*not really

Hopefully most everyone is finished getting completely lost wandering the halls of the new location and has made theiir way home safely. I know a couple of people have itineraries such that they weren't getting home as quickly;  good luck to all of you!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: AnimeUSA 2012 - Edible was there!*
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
HEY GUYS WANT TO SEE MY ANIMEUSA 2012 PICTURES

I don't have them because I was at Disney World instead. <_<

How did DC work out, for those who attended?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
Good stuff:  Chipocrite, silly end-of-con Touhou panel, seeing everyone again, tickling a dumb fairy, and Chipotle.  Also definitely a better game room than last year.

Bad:  Abusive admins that treated their staff/gophers like shit, nearly getting into a fight with some security guy who was apparently also harassing other staff/gophers.  Also the hotel is designed pretty retardedly.

Ugly:  Edible's face.

In my opinion, AnimeUSA is passable now.  I'll probably focus on attending Nekocon as a fall con from now on.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »
This thread is useless without pictures!

I will accept both AUSA and Disney World photos.  I can live vicariously through everybody that way :V

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
Good stuff: silly end-of-con Touhou panel

I'll take "silly" over "bad" any day. I'm glad to see that you found it enjoyable~ :)

Anyway, I'll most likely have the "Touhou @ Anime USA 2012" video up by sometime today, I'm sure. I fell asleep as soon as I arrived home last night because of all of the work this convention (compounded with Youmacon the previous weekend) weighed down on me: Artists' Alley sales, acquiring footage of cosplayers, running a panel, etc. etc.~

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »
Hi, I was at AUSA but you might not have known it because I was handcuffed to Con Ops \o/. YAY STAFFING. No pictures from me because I lack a camera :|

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »
Good stuff:  Chipocrite, silly end-of-con Touhou panel, seeing everyone again, tickling a dumb fairy, and Chipotle.  Also definitely a better game room than last year.

Bad:  Abusive admins that treated their staff/gophers like shit, nearly getting into a fight with some security guy who was apparently also harassing other staff/gophers.  Also the hotel is designed pretty retardedly.

Ugly:  Edible's face.

In my opinion, AnimeUSA is passable now.  I'll probably focus on attending Nekocon as a fall con from now on.

I'm not dumb!

Also yea, seeing everyone was really cool. I was happy to see Jerry, and Sola, and Kilga, and everyone else :O

I gophered 20 hours at AUSA, hurt myself moving sound equipment around, and yea, the coordination was sort of bad. Lots of experienced staffers missing, lack of staff, lack of volunteer. Also had to deal with this security guy when we moved stuff on Thursday through the dealers room, because they didn't give us badges yet. Oh, they also didn't feed the gophers at first until we bitched around about it. But do keep in mind that most of the staff did all they could, and they did it well. The rest of the con was sorta cool, though I mostly preferred Neko. It'd be fun if we do this con again to organize some group activities other than the photoshoot.

Me and Kilga weren't able to go watch girls with dog ears :<

Also, the games room was pretty cool.

Also I got a pretty good shot of the Yuugi cosplayer that was present, at the shoot;

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:23:33 AM by Sefam »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 03:24:21 AM »
That's one of Yucari's friends. I think she goes by Pygma online, but I could be wrong.

Also yes lack of sword-swinging dog-eared girls was hella lame.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:47:44 AM »
Yeah that's Pygmalion, her twitter.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Meido Weapon

• Mikomikomiko~
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
So sad I missed AUSA. Hope everyone had fun. I will live vicariously through you guys;  I guess I'll be at Katsucon. Probably in 2hu for at least some of it..

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
I was there, though I didn't see most of you guys until Sunday afternoon when you were all about to leave.  Made a fool of myself in karaoke, saw a couple of panels, wandered around with my DSi trying to get people to come to my pokemans shop, and got to meet a few of the kids who came to Shrinemaiden in my absence.  Overall, I thought it was pretty cool but that was because I wasn't really doing a whole lot of con stuff and just hanging out with people.

In honor of Veterans Day, I also went to see Arlington and saw the Old Guard doing a wreath-laying ceremony.  No pics forthcoming since there isn't really much to photograph in a cemetary, even one as great and hallowed as Arlington.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
Hey all, a blue long-sleeved shirt was found in room 4031, did anyone happen to lose one?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
it was me

I missed AUSA completely this year, but I've done good work and been promised financial help next time I want to take a trip. I'll wait for a chance to come out and see everyone~<3

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
Hey all, a blue long-sleeved shirt was found in room 4031, did anyone happen to lose one?

Got it with me here

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »
Speaking of stuff left in the rooms, I noticed that people took all the alcohol except the Bacardi.  This is some kind of crime against humanity (I should know, I used to be a lawyer)!  That Bacardi was awesome and should not have been wasted.  Thankfully we had some...helpful volunteers on hand who decided to take one for the team.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:23 AM »
it was me

I missed AUSA completely this year, but I've done good work and been promised financial help next time I want to take a trip. I'll wait for a chance to come out and see everyone~<3
Yeah bro I told mom you wanted to go to a con in the near future and she had no idea. Get it together big bro!

Maybe we can find a con both of us can go to again for next time~

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
Yeah bro I told mom you wanted to go to a con in the near future and she had no idea. Get it together big bro!

Maybe we can find a con both of us can go to again for next time~

You two better be at otakon again next year >:|