Author Topic: I like DDR!  (Read 24205 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: I like DDR!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
I meant ITG for the PC :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »
I meant ITG for the PC :P
Exact same thing, don't even deny it.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »
er...

I have ITG for my pc and it runs perfectly
Watch me on Youtube

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 01:59:18 AM »
er...

I don't know what you're trying to imply. I was saying that ITG and SM are the exact same program, down to the keyboard controls.

Gpop

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 02:46:59 AM »
er...

I don't know what you're trying to imply. I was saying that ITG and SM are the exact same program, down to the keyboard controls.

I haven't play ITGPC, but knowing that ITG was based off the SM engine then pretty much this =/.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »
with PS2 you can pretty much play all versions up to SN2 I think.

I'd still download ITG and play the original DDR songs with it.. =)
ITG PS2 is slow as hell and not worth playing unless you have it on HD Loader.

This.

You said ITG was slow as hell on the PS2.
I said I play it on my pc and it runs well.

I know it's a mod of SM.
Watch me on Youtube

Moogy

• ※中の人は可愛い男の娘(嘘)
  • 覇道型流離人
    • tsukuru
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
it's not a "a mod" of SM

ITG is quite literally stepmania with a different theme

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 AM »
Stepmania is such a robust program with its low hardware requirements and its enormous collection of simfiles that it really would be stupid not to get it with a USB pad as an addition or replacement to the ps2/xbox versions.  Heck,  the newer version even supports widescreen displays so your arrows don't get all stretched out. 

The one thing that's starting to annoy me about DDR's new stepcharts....which first was evident in supernova, was that songs like fascination MAXX and the super love me mix were tossing steps at you that seem to be a lot more doable if you have the handle bar, such as those quick successive jumps (you can use the bar to bring yourself to the ground faster).  I normally play with a hard foam mat (if you treat them correctly, they last you years!) and not having that handle bar support makes it really hard to be able to do those kinds of steps.  You just kinda BS through them though and take your B or C (especially towards the end of fascination super love me mix on challenge) and play something that's more fun.  The other annoying steps are the superfast (350BPM+) crossover steps that again seem to be geared towards bar usage for support.  Twisting one's torso without the bar that fast is just asking for something to snap. 

If you want some excellent ITG style step charts, you should look into Ike Pie's stuff......those are really great steps (Sounds of Life on challenge is ridiculously difficult though)!  The only annoying thing is that Gunther is in the song selection more than once.  There's also this 13 footer version of IOSYS Overdrive (from this guy rob0090 or something like that) that's a tough one to get through, but fun nonetheless.  I really wish that there were more stuff on stepmania from DJ sharpnel or Onoken.   

In my opinion, the best way to play, if you don't want a metal mat, is to place a hard foam mat on a plywood or particle board surface....which is something that you can get cheap and custom cut for you at a hardware store.  40x40 inches should be fine, and buy one of those nonslip carpet runners to put under the wood surface as well as between the wood and the pad (if your pad's grip sucks).   I've also found that a lot of hard foam mats are crap because they have such a mushy insert in them (they're about as hard as a microwaved pizza crust....mushy as hell).  If you can get your hands on one of the redoctane ignition pad inserts, you can use that on other hard foam pads and they work like a dream.   I have to admit though, it's kinda hard to find a good DDR mat nowadays.  Getting one is taking a shot in the dark. 

I'm actually still looking for good songpacks with well designed stepcharts in the ITG 11-13 level.  If someone has some they're willing to share I'd love to know about it.  Send me a PM or something!

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 06:10:05 AM »
Stepmania is such a robust program with its low hardware requirements
ahahahahaha wow. Stepmania is a huge resource hog.

The one thing that's starting to annoy me about DDR's new stepcharts....which first was evident in supernova, was that songs like fascination MAXX and the super love me mix were tossing steps at you that seem to be a lot more doable if you have the handle bar, such as those quick successive jumps (you can use the bar to bring yourself to the ground faster).  I normally play with a hard foam mat (if you treat them correctly, they last you years!) and not having that handle bar support makes it really hard to be able to do those kinds of steps.  You just kinda BS through them though and take your B or C (especially towards the end of fascination super love me mix on challenge) and play something that's more fun.  The other annoying steps are the superfast (350BPM+) crossover steps that again seem to be geared towards bar usage for support.  Twisting one's torso without the bar that fast is just asking for something to snap.
Might I remind you of ITG1's PS2 version, complete with RedOctane soft pad and no bar? That game had songs like Pandemonium, Euphoria, and Tell on it, so don't even try to blame anything on DDR's chart-to-pad issues, because they were far more present elsewhere.

If you want some excellent ITG style step charts, you should look into Ike Pie's stuff......those are really great steps (Sounds of Life on challenge is ridiculously difficult though)!  The only annoying thing is that Gunther is in the song selection more than once.  There's also this 13 footer version of IOSYS Overdrive (from this guy rob0090 or something like that) that's a tough one to get through, but fun nonetheless.  I really wish that there were more stuff on stepmania from DJ sharpnel or Onoken.
So what you're saying is... you like 11-13s, but you have a problem with DDR's 10s? What?

I'm actually still looking for good songpacks with well designed stepcharts in the ITG 11-13 level.  If someone has some they're willing to share I'd love to know about it.  Send me a PM or something!
Your best bet is r21freak.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »
Stepmania is such a robust program with its low hardware requirements

If this is true then I'll avoid it. I'm really running out of space on my laptop.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 06:59:33 AM »
GET THE DISNEY VERSION! THE ONE WITH HAN*** MO***NA.

I will hate myself for even thinking that.

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 09:06:55 AM »

Ummm...yeah..hard drive space aside, I can run an SMP folding@home  client using 90% of my CPU and still run this game at full frames at 1920x1080.  My processor is a Phenom II x3 720 and my graphics card a GTX 260 core 216.   My old 1.7Ghz centrino with a mobility radeon 9700 was also able to do full frames on this game at 1200x800.  I really don't see what the problem is here, unless you're trying to run Crysis on the side or something of that sort. 

Might I remind you of ITG1's PS2 version, complete with RedOctane soft pad and no bar? That game had songs like Pandemonium, Euphoria, and Tell on it, so don't even try to blame anything on DDR's chart-to-pad issues, because they were far more present elsewhere.
I own the PS2 version of ITG1. Pande, Euphoria, and Tell are completely feasible without the bar (you just need a crapload of stamina for Pande) for scoring purposes as they don't have those stupid "jumpy" parts like the last few bars of Fascination (Love Me Mix) on challenge, or the weird crossovers present on something like the end of Healing D Vision challenge.  It just seems to me that at the ~400BPM level, those crossovers or jumps are getting somewhat impractical on the player's torso itself. 

So what you're saying is... you like 11-13s, but you have a problem with DDR's 10s? What?

I don't have a problem with all of DDR's 10s, just the few mentioned above.  The MAXX series of songs are super fun to play, as well as the plethora of remixes from it.  Paranoia and Bag variants are also really cool.  Well there is an ITG song that I have a problem with and that's Hardcore of the North.....I don't like the steps on that one for some reason.  I'll take a look into that r21freak for sure and try him out, thanks!   

GreenJR

• The richest man in the world!
  • Lets play Roshambo!
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 12:06:57 AM »

Oh I know someone who has it. >:(
 I'll shoot my foot if I ever have to see that mass amount of garbage songs on a game ever again.
From a game that laughs at your loss and misery.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 04:19:54 AM »

I'll shoot my foot if I ever have to see that mass amount of garbage songs on a game ever again.
Disney Channel Edition actually wasn't bad, especially since it did have songs like DoLL and Sakura on it.

On that same note, Disney Mix was AWESOME because it had Night of Fire, It's a Small World (Ducking Hardcore Mix), and Supercalifragilisticexpialidcouiousoisuahdgiuabiuqaei5hboieruhgq345.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 04:44:08 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »
On that same note, Disney Mix was AWESOME because it had Night of Fire, It's a Small World (Ducking Hardcore Mix), and Supercalifragilisticexpialidcouiousoisuahdgiuabiuqaei5hboieruhgq345.
You forgot Mr. Bassman and Fire.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
You forgot Mr. Bassman and Fire.
I had no idea that Fire was a cover of a Scooter song.

OneSS

• Koishi's long lost relative
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

Can't help that agree that anything marked "HAN*** MO***NA" is best used to wipe out ant nests.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
What happens when you spot Koishi:
1. Koishi runs towards you.
2. Koishi glomps you.
3. MIND RAEP TIME =D

Lite?彼女

• きゃー!
  • Surprisingly Lite
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »
go find hottest party jp and hf with pluto the first

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »
go find hottest party jp and hf with pluto the first
I love that song and that chart.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 05:28:06 AM »
ddr is for babies start playing iidx
it even has shitty ddr crossovers like pluto and faxx!  woooow

N-Forza

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »
lemme guess I bet you're 200+ lbs and break out a sweat from walking to your kitchen from your bedroom

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
I've been playing dancing games for like 8 years ddr just got incredibly shitty after extreme

seriously have you played ddr x.  how do you even make something like that and then release it

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:03 AM »
i always wanted to get iidx. seems like more of a challenge.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:57 AM »
you don't have to memorize bpm gimmicks in the hard songs!  unless they're ported from ddr %D

N-Forza

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »
seriously have you played ddr x.
sorry I couldn't hear you over "U Can't Touch This"

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »
you don't have to memorize bpm gimmicks in the hard songs!  unless they're ported from ddr %D
What about songs that start slow and finish fast? Sure, there aren't any weird jumps in speed, but slow stuff is hard to time sometimes, and since it goes fast later, you can't really use a high speed modifier.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 11:46:44 AM »
use towel or a hat, or sudden+ in any game past red.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
use towel or a hat, or sudden+ in any game past red.
Towel/Sud+ does not help me at all, and I really can't see how it helps anyone else. I've never been able to use it as a pseudo-speed mod.