Author Topic: Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)  (Read 284029 times)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Terranean Cataclysm, Pok?DigiDanmaku, and more!)
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 06:17:35 AM »
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but what I know a stage 1 boss usually only has 2 spellcards and 2 nonspells, by ZUN standard. At the moment Pika has the amount of spellcards of a stage 3 boss (I think).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:27:32 AM by Darkness1 »

SacredWind

• Ordinary Magician
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but what I know a stage 1 boss usually only has 2 spellcards and 2 nonspells, by ZUN standard. At the moment Pika has the amount of spellcards of a stage 3 boss (I think).

You do know that TD Yuyuko has 3 spellcards (4 when Hard and up) and 2 nonspells, but yes, it's too many spellcards. Seiga doesn't even have that many spellcards (only 3! (Not counting mid-boss battle))

(I know that Yuyuko has more spellcard than Kyouko and Yoshika in Hard and Lun. and most other st. 2-3 bosses for that sake :P)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:19:30 PM by SacredWind »
Nicknames: Sacred, SacredWind.
Touhou Achievements:
Easy 1cc: PCB, SA, UFO
Normal 1cc: IN, MoF, TD

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »
You do know that TD Yuyuko has 3 spellcards (4 when Hard and up) and 2 nonspells, but yes, it's too many spellcards. Seiga doesn't even have that many spellcards (only 3! (Not counting mid-boss battle))

(I know that Yuyuko has more spellcard than Kyouko and Yoshika in Hard and Lun. and most other st. 2-3 bosses for that sake :P)

Well, I guess I forgot that. I guess Yuyuko wanted to show off a bit :p.

But for the most part (I checked Aki, Yamame and Rumia) stage 1 bosses got only 2 spellcards.

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 03:39:17 PM »

It's closer to a Stage 5 boss, I think.
I don't really think a Stage 1 boss with many attacks is necessarily a bad thing, but I assume that the final boss will need quite a few attacks to compensate for a strong early boss.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
The issue with attack numbers is that each boss is not some unknown character. I could cut spells, but what would that do for the character? I'm going to keep up a stable number of spells for stages 1-3, so Pikachu, Celebi, and Charizard will all most likely have 3 nonspells and 4 spells. Then, when Stage 4 comes along, I'll just scrap that all and dump as many as needed. The stages are limited by the music, so in exchange for shorter stages, there will be longer boss battles.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
Reviewed on BulletForge more. :D

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.14 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/014

This release contains all of Stage 1! Enjoy and please give lots of feedback!

It comes with the music and graphics, and has all of the bugfixes made earlier. The reason I'm making this release is to clear up the list of bugs and to provide more stability and convenience to avoid getting most of the same reviews over and over again. Please be aware that I have not fixed/changed everything yet.

Edit: And once again, I have one down vote, one up vote, and zero downloads. Wow.
New movie (if being processed, please wait a while) http://youtu.be/5FdnPBkCskg

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:
-Make sure that directions for boss and spell practice are in ReadME [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-More bullet variety in stage [SEVERE] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Different Pok?mon Enemy graphics for Stage 1 [MAJOR] {0.13: Fixed}
-Make the streamability obvious (or make the stuff non-streamable) [MAJOR] {Fixed?: 0.15}
-First wave of downwards enemies is too long and too dense in higher difficulties [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Second & third waves of downwards enemies are overused. Need to be swapped for something more creative (and not yellow) [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Second wave of post-midboss enemies is too low and too repetitive. [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Wall of Pichu is so dense (with so many bullets) that it's too panicky for the first time [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Koishi Hearts pattern doesn't fit the stage [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.15}
-Hoppip bullets are released at same time as Pichu bullets. [MINOR] {Fixed?: 0.15}
-Hoppip bullet graphics don't fit well [MINOR] {Fixed? 0.15}
-Dialogue is short and lacks substance [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.16}
-SFX need to be even lower. Or increase music volume [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.16}
-TIMEOUT: Stage 1 Music track is shorter than stage [SEVERE] {Fixed: 0.16}

CUT:
-Spiral Thunder Blast: Dim down Difficulty [MAJOR]
-Fix Continues or Initial Player lives so that they can be edited for testing. [MINOR]

To be worked on:
-Use different Art [ENHANCE]
-Too much yellow [SEVERE]
-Make the stage banner flash on then off. [ENHANCE]

*Spiral Thunder Blast is now on the cutting block for multiple reasons. [COMPLETE]
*Spell 3 needs to either be revamped or adapted into something more creative
*Send NS 3 to Stage 6 Boss and do away with it for now. [COMPLETE]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:14:36 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
Reviewed on BulletForge more. :D

...Is there a difference from your previous comments? And the continue issue might be addressed soon, although you should really practice deathbombing and you should try Normal instead of Lunatic. If Lunatic is too easy, then you shouldn't be complaining about there not being enough continues. 
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
...Is there a difference from your previous comments? And the continue issue might be addressed soon, although you should really practice deathbombing and you should try Normal instead of Lunatic.
Nope theres more somments...

and:

If Lunatic is too easy, then you shouldn't be complaining about there not being enough continues. 
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 
I want to fastforward if I want to review a specific spell...
and, AHHHHHH!1! Kogasa everywhere  :persona:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »

THAT'S WHAT SPELL PRACTICE IS FOR!!!

DNH:Directory=>Pok?DigiDanmaku=>Data=>Script

The spells are named and numbered. It even says that there's spell practice in the ReadMe! (I hope)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
THAT'S WHAT SPELL PRACTICE IS FOR!!!

DNH:Directory=>Pok?DigiDanmaku=>Data=>Script

The spells are named and numbered. It even says that there's spell practice in the ReadMe! (I hope)
YAY :D epic derp  :derp:
(100th reply teehee)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2013, 12:59:19 AM »
@Victini: Thanks for the review

Announcement

I'm finally going and throwing together a website for my projects. Hopefully, it'll portray things in a better light than here or on BulletForge.

I'll post a link to the website in my sig and over here once the preparations are done (probably once I've fixed the mess that is PDD Stage 1).

Edit: March 20, 2013: WEBSITE IS UP. [LINK]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:15:09 PM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »

I'm finally going and throwing together a website for my projects. Hopefully, it'll portray things in a better light than here or on BulletForge.
I'll post a link to the website in my sig and over here once the preparations are done (probably once I've fixed the mess that is PDD Stage 1).
:o

YAY!

*bookmarks*
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:26:52 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2013, 06:07:01 AM »
and, AHHHHHH!1! Kogasa everywhere  :persona:

You do know you can press I to turn invincible and U to get normal again. Should fix that problem easily. (Or did Sparen disable it? In that case, my bad for not noticing it.)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
You do know you can press I to turn invincible and U to get normal again. Should fix that problem easily. (Or did Sparen disable it? In that case, my bad for not noticing it.)

It's not disabled. I'm just going to ignore the issue and delete the suggestion.

...Looks like Spell 2 will be removed from the boss battle...

Edit:

To those of you who have noticed, a few seconds ago, the bug list for PDD v0.14 just got amazingly shorter. I think I'll have one more Demo Release before starting Stage 2 (and using Release Versions).

If there are any comments that need to be given to me, please tell me.

Nonspell 3 has been removed (I will implement it later in the game where the angular velocity is not a problem), and so has Pikachu Spell 2. Please do not comment on these.

The Koishi hearts at the end have been replaced with ellipses. I'm working on the soundtrack/stage length issue.

Thank you for your continued support (tsk tsk) and your comments, especially those who submitted the helpful reviews.

I would highly suggest you to stop double posting continuously. -Hele

I would highly suggest you to stop double posting continuously. -Hele

? Where?

If you're talking about the challenges page, I understand, but I've only made one double post on this thread in the past week or so, and in both cases, the posts were made as to not interfere with releases or more important posts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:17:31 AM by Helepolis »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.16 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/016

The monster has been tamed. Partially.

The amount of bug fixes is frightening. Hopefully, the stage is much better. Still send in feedback, especially since Stage 2 will begin production very soon.

It comes with the music and graphics, and has all of the bugfixes made earlier. The reason I'm making this release is to clear up the list of bugs and to provide more stability and convenience to avoid getting most of the same reviews over and over again. Please be aware that I have not fixed/changed everything yet.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:
-Pikachu Spell 4: get rid of the Seiga SFX [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.17c}
-End of battle dialogue [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.18}
-SFX wave: lower volume [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.18}
-SFX explode: lower volume [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.18}

Cut:
-Too much yellow [MAJOR]
-Use different Art [ENHANCE]

To be worked on:
-Make the stage banner flash on then off. [ENHANCE]
-Pikachu NS 2: Bigger gaps in between bullet waves [MINOR]
-See if music can be started during the boss event script [MINOR]
-By Version 1.00, there must be a game file that plays all stages, as well as practice stages that differentiate from the stage files called by the main game outline. Study Luminous Dream. [PLANS]
-Increase Music Volume [MAJOR]
-Hoppip bullets don't hone if hoppips die [UNFIXABLE]*

*Why Danmakufu~ Why can't objects still execute their stuff when the enemy has died?!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:34:02 PM by Sparen »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2013, 08:16:19 AM »
? Where?

If you're talking about the challenges page, I understand, but I've only made one double post on this thread in the past week or so, and in both cases, the posts were made as to not interfere with releases or more important posts.
I had merged your posts to get rid of the double post which could be perfectly edited in (wasn't a release post, but mere responses), but now you seem to have entirely deleted the post and just replaced it with this question. (No idea why)

I have no idea what the hell you are doing, all I know is that you shouldn't be erasing your own mistakes carelessly because now my modline looks out of the blue.

Don't make me revert your posts again.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
I had merged your posts to get rid of the double post which could be perfectly edited in (wasn't a release post, but mere responses), but now you seem to have entirely deleted the post and just replaced it with this question. (No idea why)

I have no idea what the hell you are doing, all I know is that you shouldn't be erasing your own mistakes carelessly because now my modline looks out of the blue.

Don't make me revert your posts again.

I don't remember deleting posts on this thread recently, but I can guarantee you that I have not deleted posts for the sole purpose of humiliating a mod. If the issue is posting and non-release posts doubling up, then I will stop responding to comments. If the definition of a double post is two posts next to each other regardless of date posted or topic matter, then I will simply stop posting non-release updates.

If the problem is lack of self contol when hitting the reply button, it may be better for me to stop posting minor things altogether. I'm not trying to put you in an uncomfortable position; this isn't sarcasm. It is probably easier form me to not post at all than it is for me to avoid double posting.

I apologize for all of the things I've done wrong on this thread and if I need to, I'll pack up and either stop posting or leave.

-Sparen

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
You did nothing wrong in terms of rule breaking and I don't see a reason to revert to leaving / stopping.

There seem to be miscommunication going on.  I'll PM you regarding this issue since we don't wish to clutter your thread.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
OK~

1) @Helepolis: I read your message, etc. I'll avoid double posting, but once again, I can't guarantee stuff.

2) Website is getting major updates~

Why I'm doing this, I do not know. I do not know why I make myself suffer.

3) Pok?DigiDanmaku Stage 2 already has buckets of problems. The first is with the music.

Basically, I'm most likely going to release Stage 2 without music. It sucks, but even Audacity can't seem to fix the .wav problems.

Anyway, comments for Stage 1 need to come in soon, because Stage 2 will be my focus in a few days, and I don't think I'll be returning to Stage 1 unless I need to reformat everything in preparation for the main Demo.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »
About your website:
In wat it touhou:
I think you should mention focusing slows down the player.
And I dunno but, I think MoF has the worst art out of all the games IMO.
And a question:
Can/How can I make an account?
:D

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
About your website:
In wat it touhou:
I think you should mention focusing slows down the player.
And I dunno but, I think MoF has the worst art out of all the games IMO.
And a question:
Can/How can I make an account?
:D

1) Will fix (still WIP)
2) ...I...don't know where to draw the line, but... that's the transition to the new engine, so the graphics capabilities were severely upgraded, I think.
3) ...Make a google account (gmail) and then go to sites.google.com and create a website you mean? All you need is a gmail account to comment on the site.

And while you're at it, if you, for some reason, find out that you are able to edit the site, then tell me right away so that I can change things.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
2) Oh, I wasn't reading it correctly...I thought you meant the character art.
3) Still says: You have no permission to add comments.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:20:05 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »
2) Oh, I wasn't reading it correctly...I thought you meant the character art.
3) Still says: You have no permission to add comments.
4) I'll modify this message soon.

Apparently, Google Sites does not allow other people to comment on your site. Not only that, they have a limit of 100 MB per site, so there go my images. That sucks.

And you really don't need to say 'I'll modify this message soon'

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »
Apparently, Google Sites does not allow other people to comment on your site. Not only that, they have a limit of 100 MB per site, so there go my images. That sucks.

And you really don't need to say 'I'll modify this message soon'
Oh...

And about the "I'll modify this message soon", I don't think I can edit the website.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2013, 12:09:46 AM »
Just played through your PokeDigiDanmaku v0.16.

Check it out here here!

It contains my "review" of sorts.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:30 AM »
Just played through your PokeDigiDanmaku v0.16.

Check it out here here!

It contains my "review" of sorts.

Thank you very much! Can I use the video link for other purposes? (comments added to the video)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Touhou Terranean Cataclysm and other works!)
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:22 AM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU VEEMON PLAYER SCRIPT V2.5b {RC-5} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Basically, just an update to the ReadMe. THIS VERSION WILL NOT BREAK REPLAYS FROM 2.5

Unless debilitating bugs are found or additional player balancing/new functions are needed for Pok?DigiDanmaku, this is the final release candidate and will not be updated further.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-veemon/v/25b

Currently known issues:
-Lasers don't tell you if they are hitting the foe due to lack of effects [ENHANCEMENT]
-Lasers may suddenly disappear; bug is fixed upon changing types [UNCONFIRMED]

Also, the main game directly feeds to this directory's name. You no longer have to change the directory name or change player to FREE in order for the main game to work. Of course, it doesn't work anyway, but that's a different story.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
Danmakufu 0.12m Tutorials!

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensprojects/danmakufu-0-12m-tutorials
Edit: Use this site instead. I partitioned it because if I want to add more images and resources, I'll be competing with my project page for that 100MB size limit.
https://sites.google.com/site/sparensdanmakufututorials/

These are the Danmakufu tutorials I've been making. Please give me feedback on them~

What I want feedback on: Font size, readability, understandability, accuracy, and things that I haven't covered that are related to the topics

If you have anything else to add, say it so that I can take it into account when I edit them.

Currently, 001-007 are completed.

And yes, I know that this is probably... superfluous and unneeded due to the large variety of tutorials, but I've learned how to use CreateShot12 from doing the tutorial, so it's not all bad~
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:09:01 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensprojects/danmakufu-0-12m-tutorials/005-introduction-to-danmakufu-part-3
I think for the initialize part, bold all the things:

SetLife states how much HP the enemy has.
SetDamageRate is for damage percentage (shot damage, then bomb damage, respectively).
SetTimer  sets how long the spell is (the timeout meter is on the upper right of the screen).
etc.

Concentration01 is how many frames to charge energy before the script starts (I have never seen it work correctly).
Concentration02 is similar to 01, but has icy graphics.
Concentration01(frames); There are ovals that go to the enemy like a chargeup
Concentration02(frames); Instead of ovals, it is snow.
I use Concentration01 and 02 in my game that youve played, so you seen it happen but don't realize it ;)
You should put it instead of:
SetEffectForZeroLife is for when the player shoots down the enemy. The arguments are the time (in frames) for the effect, the intensity (how much the screen shakes), and slowdown.
Like:
SetEffectForZeroLife is for when the player shoots down the enemy.
SetEffectForZeroLife(amount of frames, intensity (0 - 255) (The screen bets bright), slowdown (1 = 1/2 speed 2 = 1/4 etc.)

And about it all, are you going to teach tasks? liek: task fire{ loop{ BULLET yield; } }

You should include more diagrams/pictures!

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensprojects/danmakufu-0-12m-tutorials/002-wat-is-touhou-how-to-play-and-navigate-danmakufu
You could list things? I find lists easier to understand than paragraphs.
EX:

In Touhou, you have a player character that you control with the arrow keys. Usually, the Z button is for shooting, X is for bombing, C is for special things, and shift is for focusing. Shooting is self explanatory. C depends on the game.

Bombing is a special move that takes up a bomb point (or 1 power level, depending on the game). It usually wipes bullets off of the screen and deals heavy damage. They're spell cards. Enemy spellcards are different, but... yeah. Very similar.

Focusing concentrates your shots, may give different things based on the player, and usually gives a different bomb.

Deathbombing is when you get hit by a bullet and bomb immediately, saving a life in exchange for a bomb.

The hitbox is the space that controls whether or not you die. If you are hit there, you die. You can view it by focusing.
to...

Arrow keys: Control charcter's movement.
Z: Shooting (usually).
-You're player can shoot at the enemy, causing damage.
X: Bombing.
-It usually wipes all bullets off of the screen and deals heavy damage.
-Bombing is a special move that takes up a bomb point (or 1 power level, depending on the game).
-They're spell cards. Enemy spellcards are different, but... yeah. Very similar.
-It makes you invincible for a few seconds.
-Deathbombing is when you get hit by a bullet and bomb immediately, saving a life in exchange for a bomb.
Shift: Focusing.
-You slow down the player making it easier to dodge bullets.
-Focusing concentrates your shots, may give different things based on the player, and usually gives a different bomb.
-The hitbox is the space that you die from being hit there. It's usually a small white dot in the center of the player that you can view by focusing.
C - Special things that depend on the game.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=385.0
For the resources maybe? I know you already have another thing like this in it.

I don't know, just my opinion.
(This is one HUGE post)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:40:56 AM by Qwertyzxcv »