Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 214910 times)

Zil

Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
Why is Reimu so much better for score? Is she just easier to survive a long time against?
Primarily, yes, though as K.B. mentioned, her boss attack shoots more reflectable bullets as well. Eiki's boss has three moves, and only one shoots reflectable bullets, and they're super fast, which means they don't help very much. Reimu has five moves, and two of them use very slow reflectable bullets, with one of those two using a fuckton. And since you are (ideally) locked at bonus, you'll never be cancelling the boss attacks, so they're on your screen much more often than not. So while Reimu's spell doesn't really help very much (since it's extremely fast), her boss will be using favorable attacks much more frequently than Eiki uses spells. So I think she's better for score even without considering how she's so much easier.

Edit: Should also mention that Eiki's faster movement and bigger scope make her a bit easier to play as well, particularly for reaching the spirits high up.

And it's fairly unlikely that you'll get unlucky with Eiki's laser, since (again, ideally) you're staying at bonus and not summoning any boss attacks. Then even if you accidentally reset your points, you'll probably only summon one boss, at 100k, then skip past 300k and 500k before it disappears. And you'd probably have to hit her with two lasers in quick succession, since she'll likely bomb the first one. (Though it is possible for the AI to to bomb the laser, then simply sit inside it and get hit immediately.) Personally I've never had Reimu die in the first round.

Though, interestingly, I did find a video earlier today of a no miss Lunatic run with Eiki. Apparently played by that newcashcash guy. In this case though, he's clearly trying to summon as many bosses as possible. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTgyMjE2NzQ0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:58:01 PM by Zil »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
PCB Lunatic WR goes into 3.17B!

I have no words.

SAME. I must watch this shit! :*

So Naya is a good scorer, huh? I only remember him being who NMNB'd EoSD on Hard.

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
Seems like he sacrificed even more resources to up his cherry early, though I haven't watched the old HS record in like a year, I wonder how this would compare to HS more recent SakuyaB score (which was never made public as far as I'm aware). Liked the grazing method he used on second midboss Alice. Slightly disappointed over the lack of the cool Live Poltergeist trick that HS did with ReimuB. That way of doing reflowering seemed pretty radical, would be interesting to see how the other methods of doing that spell compares.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
I like how he didn't capture ANY of Alice's spellcards in trade of cherry lol.

I'm kinda expecting HS himself show up on twitter and congratulate him just like he did for clo-naga's 2 billion Easy score.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Updated - sorry for the delays, it's been a busy time of the year for students in England at the moment.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
The IN Hard world record disappeared for some reason (it should be 5,113,508,380)... and isn't Zil's PoFV Easy score supposed to be with Reisen?

(Hmm... I follow these way too closely, don't I? Well, any corrections help, I guess.)

Zil

« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:12 PM »
There's also this.
MotK: .ASP ? 1,421,550,150 (100%)[/color] ? Reimu B

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »
Your corrections are vital to me keeping this clean and tidy, really - I tend to miss a lot of things, so having extra eyes is so, so useful. Thanks again for the help! Trying to keep track of all the scores on my own and not have any mistakes would be far, far too taxing. :P

I would just like to keep an up-to-date reference sheet for players.

All should be fixed!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

chum

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:41 PM »
Normal - Youmu, Nal Yoo - 4,084,750,610 appears to be missing.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2013, 11:46:26 PM »
Normal - Youmu, Nal Yoo - 4,084,750,610 appears to be missing.

How have I been managing this?! Thanks!

Edit: Okay, I worked out where the scores were disappearing to. I copy scores into Wolfram|alpha in order to get the percentage quick and easy, I occasionally do cut by accident. Mystery solved.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:59:17 PM by Shimatora »

Zil

« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:50 AM »
isn't Zil's PoFV Easy score supposed to be with Reisen?
You forgot to change this, I think. It should indeed be Reisen instead of Eiki.

You also put Nal Yoo's score in but left Heartbeam's name. And judging from his comment in the IN thread, would I be correct in assuming that Nal Yoo is MikeKOSA? If that's the case he has 5 records now, so he should probably on that little list at the bottom.

Speaking of which, it's silly for me to be at the top of that with scores in games almost nobody plays, but whatever. :p

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2013, 02:09:40 AM »
Regarding Nal Yoo, all we have is that comment, but the scoring skill does match up. I've been updating my IN file according to what he said; it's not like the replay-less mikeKOSA scores are that relevant anyway.

Speaking of which, it's silly for me to be at the top of that with scores in games almost nobody plays, but whatever. :p
And that's why more people should try scoring in those games. It sort of worked with MS and HRtP, though it was just the two of us. PoDD and PoFV seem to actually be rather popular lately, but not the others. I'm particularly curious about the scoring potential of the remaining PC-98 modes (that aren't already near-maxed like LLS Extra and HRtP).

Speaking of which, any recommendations on how to set up SoEW turbo fire? Sapz said it's allowed, and despite how annoying that game is I'm thinking of giving it another try. I have a feeling the current main-game records have potential for some rather substantial improvement.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:44:08 AM by Karisa »

Zil

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2013, 02:35:07 AM »
I think the easiest way to get some kind of turbo fire is to use AutoHotkey. Goldom made a script for it a while ago. These threads should help:

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14505.msg958732.html
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14351.0.html

I'm not very familiar with it myself since I just used my controller's turbo button.

chum

« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
UFO Extra with ReimuA  gets improved by about 2 millions, and the same stage with MarisaA is improved by I believe 4 millions.

More importantly, the EoSD Hard record is now a whooping 489,881,960! Holy shit, that's just ridiculous. I'm gonna watch that right now...

« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »
Mountain of Faith [MotK] [TouhouWiki]

Extra:
MotK: Star King ? 979,104,190 (97.64%) ? Reimu B

It was with Reimu A.

And that's why more people should try scoring in those games. It sort of worked with MS and HRtP, though it was just the two of us. PoDD and PoFV seem to actually be rather popular lately, but not the others. I'm particularly curious about the scoring potential of the remaining PC-98 modes (that aren't already near-maxed like LLS Extra and HRtP).

I've been secretly attempting to score in PoFV extra recently. Haven't submitted because I always screw up somewhere. But I actually think the "world record" seems not very difficult to beat if you are don't die too much if at all (which is where I'm having issues, lol).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:10:39 AM by Star King »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »
I've been secretly attempting to score in PoFV extra recently. Haven't submitted because I always screw up somewhere. But I actually think the "world record" seems not very difficult to beat if you are don't die too much if at all (which is where I'm having issues, lol).

dying hurts your score much less than you might be thinking right now. my 197m run had me dyingt o stage 6-8 once and to eiki twice. you can make up for the lives lost by chaining well and casting as many spells and shit as you can iin the second round. try to maximize your score in the time you have instead of needlessly worrying about beating everyone in the first round.

the EoSD hard record was a crazy watch. the strat against rumia's first spellcard (boss spell, that is) is TAS-tier. a very clean and beautiful stage 5. amazing stage 4. stage 5 and 6 were amazing, too, but more standard in my eyes than the rest. truly a fucking amazing run.

Zil

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »
But I actually think the "world record" seems not very difficult to beat if you are don't die too much if at all (which is where I'm having issues, lol).
It's been a while since I watched it, but if I remember right his luck was pretty spectacular. Even with the same strategies and no deaths, I don't think you could usually expect to get much higher than 200-250 million. Or are you scoring that high already?

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
New overall SA Extra record by ASL!

That was crazy! I went all OHHH SHIEET when he ended up in the middle of the bullets in miracle fruit but then he bombed and I lol'd. Apparently he sacrifices those two fairies in the stage to get more graze, I don't remember seeing that before. Almost seemed like Koishi's opener could be safespotted inside the spawning rings when I looked at this, might try that later. I wonder why he didn't try to speedkill her first spell when he didn't wait for another wave of lasers anyway, I don't see the reason behind it. I like how he grazed pretty much everything all the way to the last survival.

-edit-

Okay found the spot for the opener.

Gives 28 graze!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:16:34 AM by ARF »

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
shin just broke 3 billion with ReimuB on Hard! I haven't watched it fully yet, but the way he supergrazed Ichirin's last non was completely ridiculous, enough to make me pause the replay and post this. I remember he trying the same thing back when he got the 3.2 billion with SanaeB and dying at the second attempt of it. Maybe it's Reimu hitbox, or her speed, or he optimized it (or maybe all three).

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
shin just broke 3 billion with ReimuB on Hard! I haven't watched it fully yet, but the way he supergrazed Ichirin's last non was completely ridiculous, enough to make me pause the replay and post this. I remember he trying the same thing back when he got the 3.2 billion with SanaeB and dying at the second attempt of it. Maybe it's Reimu hitbox, or her speed, or he optimized it (or maybe all three).

Yeah that is by far the most godlike supergraze I've seen. We watched the replay together on stream and I don't think anyone of us will ever be the same again.

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
ASL just swept the SA Extra scoreboard! The only one left was ReimuC's, which he just beat by 26.3 million, which is quite impressive for this Extra.

« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
So, has anyone else been following Royalflare's DDC demo scoreboard? A lot of the categories aren't very polished yet (you can tell because I took the lead in nearly all the Easy and Normal categories without much effort), but there are a few that I've found pretty impressive:

Lunatic ReimuA. It seems ReimuA's bomb can also be used for supergrazing, as shown by a gain of over 10,000 PIV from Cirno's nonspell. The rest seems fairly polished as well, though 未知 (in-game name ns) keeps improving it.

Lunatic SakuyaB, currently the overall record of 320 million. Mainly due to the survival involved, since SakuyaB is a very weak shot. The bombing route is also rather different from Easy/Normal, since some early patterns are actually worth a lot of PIV (as some players here have demonstrated, I think ななまる (in-game name NANA)'s route is the same as Majildian's but with all Kagerou spell bonuses).

SJF's latest Normal SakuyaB record of 268m is the first to spend every bomb on Sekibanki (a route previously used on Easy but not Normal), gaining 8,000 PIV but requiring much riskier stage 3 auto-collecting. The stage 1 route could be improved, though; defeating Cirno in the 3rd wave seems better than the 4th (more power items from enemies, meaning less unfocusing necessary to reach 4 power by midboss Sekibanki), and I regularly finish stage 1 with 17,500 PIV. But it's still a good score.

Easy SakuyaB still remains as competitive as ever, with 3123's latest 218m 221m using a different route to gain two additional x2.0 collections in stage 2, for an additional life to use on Sekibanki, finishing with 96,130 97,580 PIV. And that's with rather inefficient grazing on stage 1 (my 212m gains 700 PIV over 3123's, without sacrificing any of the 2nd spell bonus). Interestingly, 3123 also supergrazes Sekibanki's 1st boss spell by circling around the head, gaining ~400 PIV at the cost of 2.5m spell bonus. I guess that's actually worth it?

I've also noticed that Normal ReimuA has been steadily increasing, and ARF's Lunatic MarisaB score is no longer in the lead.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:51:43 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
IBUKI took his spot back with a 1,115,679,550 ReimuA score. About just 600k more than ASL's score. I expect ASL to take it back with a 1,117m or something, as their replays are really optimal despite using slightly different strategies at the stage portion, and there's not much to improve.

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2013, 05:24:36 AM »
IBUKI took his spot back with a 1,115,679,550 ReimuA score. About just 600k more than ASL's score. I expect ASL to take it back with a 1,117m or something, as their replays are really optimal despite using slightly different strategies at the stage portion, and there's not much to improve.

I found the differences in their route very intriguing so I decided to put them side by side to compare ASL's route to IBUKI's directly. I'm not sure which route has the highest potential, but there are some places which are clearly superior (like during "Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed"  IBUKI's method is obviously way more swag but then ASL has a faster kill strat on Super-Ego etc.

-edit-

OMG E-Splice gets 3,114,119,020 in UFO Lunatic with SanaeB. And his run is just amazing, very neat way of doing post midboss stage 2, nails the Ichirin third supergraze that Shin started doing (only one wave, but still!!!) and he goes full yolomode against Shou, 2 cycling Vajra and grazing second non like a boss. He probably has the potential to get the overall WR if he keeps doing attempts!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:47:45 AM by ARF »

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »
Why don't they run down the timer on Rorschach in Danmaku for graze, considering that the spell bonus doesn't decrease?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:22:34 PM by Star King »

« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2013, 05:14:49 AM »
I *think* it's because the spell can troll you or something. But I'm not sure if there's some penalty if you capture it by timeout insteead of shooting because in Kopiapoa's TAS he grazes the shit out of the spell but at the last seconds he focus on shooting her and eventually kills her.

And about UFO, well, I was kinda disappointed to not see him supergrazing some stuff like shin or HECATE's old 2.9b (especially mid Nazrin's spell and Nazrin's spell), as well as the precise graze on the opening fairies from stage 4/5. Like I said (not sure if here), if shin decides to work on SanaeB's score, he can possibly reach 3.3 billion. I think what he'll come with next time is a ReimuA's ~3.1 billion though, and maybe be done with Reimu shots as of then. But otherwise, it was a pretty cool replay, I like when they make it to Byakuren 0/0 and clear the game. And perfect Shou is awesome too. (although it's kinda unfair to compare him to a monster like shin...)

Btw, was there a scoring reason for that death at the beginning of stage 5? It's strange to see someone of that caliber dying like that while he already had 2 bombs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:16:25 AM by Wriggle »