Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 214965 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »
Point. It's on royalflare though.

Yeah, I think it'd be best to keep the MotK scores to MotK, even if the players do have better scores elsewhere. If they'd like it on here, they can post it to the score thread themselves or in this thread. Just my personal opinion though - if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
So I was recently re-watching Alan's 6.42 billion IN Youmu record, and decided to record it while I was doing so for no particular reason. I didn't remove my score.dat though (so it has some 0/1 and 1/1 spell histories from a failed 1cc attempt I did a while back). What I'm wondering is, would anyone find it worth it if I uploaded the video?

And for that matter, are there any potential problems with uploading videos of others' WR replays from Royalflare? I know Nereid did it before with one of the previous UFO Lunatic records.

By the way MS Hard could be updated in the first post, as well as PoDD Lunatic... and all the other PoDD difficulties actually, looking at Zil's latest post in that thread. Edit: Here, I'll list them for convenience.
- MS Hard (Karisa - 141,476,240 - Mima)
- PoDD Easy (Zil - 39,007,340 - Chiyuri)
- PoDD Normal (Zil - 54,565,290 - Chiyuri)
- PoDD Hard (Zil - 65,352,160 - Chiyuri)
- PoDD Lunatic (Zil - 104,659,720 - Chiyuri)
And the orange color seems to have been reverted for some reason?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:54:11 AM by Karisa »

chum

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Also I did FW Lunatic recently

chum - 90,931,940 - Route A-2

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2013, 12:06:50 PM »
All updated.

And the orange color seems to have been reverted for some reason?

When I changed it to the one you suggested I got complaints from other people about it. For now, I'm leaving it as is, because I can't please everyone with the colours, unfortunately. When I find time I'll test some so that we can find a set that will be good for everyone's computer / browsers / OSes etc etc.

Also I did FW Lunatic recently

chum - 90,931,940 - Route A-2

Keep going, 100m is within reach, I'm sure of it.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

chum

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
I'm working on EoSD at the moment (god It's hard and dumb...) once I'm done with that I will probably go back to GFW and work on that 100 mil!

And maybe beat Zil's extra score

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I'm working on EoSD at the moment (god It's hard and dumb...) once I'm done with that I will probably go back to GFW and work on that 100 mil!

And maybe beat Zil's extra score

Either way, I hope you'll be beating some MotK records! (and some WRs if you go for gold. ;))

Zil

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »
A few things that could be updated:

MS Extra (Zil - 199,829,790 - Mima)
PoFV Normal (Zil - 238,519,690 - Eiki)
PoFV Hard (Zil - 280,243,830 - Eiki)
PoFV Extra (Zil - 159,212,870 - Eiki)

Pretty sure it's more appropriate to say "Eiki," not "Sikieiki."

Zil - 12

And that should've been at 13. 15 now though. I think Heartbeam should've gone down to 18 somewhere along the lines, unless I miscounted something.

chum

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
EoSD Hard (chum - 308,026,510 - ReimuB) too

A theoretical great score for me would still be about 40 millions higher but fuck if I hate myself that much

That Normal run seems crazy, Zil, I'm gonna have to watch it (and Hard too I guess)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
A few things that could be updated:

PoFV Normal (Zil - 238,519,690 - Eiki)
PoFV Hard (Zil - 280,243,830 - Eiki)
PoFV Extra (Zil - 159,212,870 - Eiki)

Pretty sure it's more appropriate to say "Eiki," not "Sikieiki."

And that should've been at 13. 15 now though. I think Heartbeam should've gone down to 18 somewhere along the lines, unless I miscounted something.

Updated, thanks. It's quite easy to overlook some scores sometimes.

EoSD Hard (chum - 308,026,510 - ReimuB) too

A theoretical great score for me would still be about 40 millions higher but fuck if I hate myself that much

That Normal run seems crazy, Zil, I'm gonna have to watch it (and Hard too I guess)

Thanks!

chum

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the update!

By the way, my name should be alongside chirpy's (EoSD Hard, FW Normal, Hard & Lunatic = 4!)  :D

Zil

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
You raised my number too high now. It should only be 15, I believe. Also you didn't change the MS Extra score. I actually did get two different runs less than 1 million away from 200. ;_;

Thanks. I think the Hard run is by far the crazier one. Both could've had less pointless deaths though.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »
You raised my number too high now. It should only be 15, I believe. Also you didn't change the MS Extra score. I actually did get two different runs less than 1 million away from 200. ;_;
Thanks. I think the Hard run is by far the crazier one. Both could've had less pointless deaths though.

Whoops, typo corrected!

Thanks for the update!

By the way, my name should be alongside chirpy's (EoSD Hard, FW Normal, Hard & Lunatic = 4!)  :D

Thanks for pointing that out, I sometimes forget to check how many MotK records a player has when they make a new one.

Zil

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
Wait... you still didn't change it.
MotK: Zil – 199,286,370 (97.68%) – Mima
The difference is laughably small, yes, but it is a separate score. Or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:26:20 PM by Zil »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »
Wait... you still didn't change it.The difference is laughably small, yes, but it is a separate score. Or am I missing something?

Nope, you didn't miss anything. I'm just an idiot. :V

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
Alan improved the overall IN world record. It's now 6,482,328,570, with Youmu solo as usual.

Although I'm not sure if this contains any new techniques over Alan's previous 6.42b score (which I believe was the previous highest-scoring replay, YASU/Toki's 6.45b being unavailable), this one seems to contain fewer mistakes, finishing 8/8 instead of 8/2. It doesn't quite capture everything though, failing Rising World at the very end... I wonder how that felt.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:40:19 AM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
Y.S grabs the Lunatic WR with a 300k improvement. It is A-2 even though it says B-1 - seems like the replay got bugged.

Also, just updated the colours with a little help. How do they look? These aren't as glaring on the background I don't think, and they still have some logical progression.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
Y.S grabs the Lunatic WR with a 300k improvement. It is A-2 even though it says B-1 - seems like the replay got bugged.
Anyone manage to get this replay to work? It just crashes when I try to select it.

« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:29 AM »
Anyone manage to get this replay to work? It just crashes when I try to select it.

I don't think this will be viewable. When the replay gives you the wrong route you should be able to fix it by saving the replay a second and it will name the route properly this time. There's no way to do that now to my knowledge, since the player can't save the replay anymore after quitting the menu.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2013, 03:17:04 PM »
I've been thinking, would anyone like to see a weekly roundup of new WRs and such? If there have been any, of course. And not just for overall difficulty records, individual shot types/routes too.

Let me know what you think and whether or not you'd find this interesting / useful / convenient.

EDIT: Perhaps I should elaborate.

In the Weekly Roundup, I'd note what scores have been improved, player's names, date since the previous record was made, and also commenting on various improvements in the run where my personal knowledge of the game allows me. So, for instance:

UFO
Difficulty
Player Name - Score - Character
Notes - improvements per stage, previous records date, etc.

(I'll mess with formatting if this idea is liked.)

I can't promise analysis or notes each and every week, but I'll try my best if people want it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:07:41 PM by Shimatora »

Zil

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea to me. As long as you're willing to do it.

Also, I guess there are two scores you could change.

PoDD Hard (Zil - 69,066,730 - Chiyuri)
HRtP Lunatic (Zil - 13,824,670 - Jigoku)

And the color for this one should be yellow.
MotK: Zil ?  159,212,870 (50.25%) ? Eiki
Actually, I don't think there any scores left that are under 50% of the world record. Not that we really now anything for certain about those untracked games anyway.

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »
@Shimatora

I would read them for sure.

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
Sounds interesting, I'd also read it.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
Three yeses, excellent! Expect the first one this Sunday.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
It's Sunday, to here's the first weekly update on WRs. I'll mainly just be showing numbers today, so I'd encourage anyone to expand on what I've said, whether that be new route speculation or comments on the changes to the WRs in question. If anyone's willing to lend a hand each week to help with write-ups, or would like to lend a hand in some other way, please send me a PM! I feel like I lack the knowledge to fully comment on WR replays, so I can only really go by what I see.

The only two new WRs from the past week have been clock_eu26's GFW Normal C2 run and wal's 723m run of UFO Sanae B Extra, the latter perhaps being the most interesting.

Great Fair Wars
Normal-C2
clock_eu26 - 55,901,220 → (+332,870) 56,234,090 → (+180,720) 56,414,810

Undefined Fantastic Object
Extra - Sanae B
wal - 716,033,640 → (+7,357,340) 723,390,980

Comparisons of replays in this sense, may not be worth it - but I'd like to show what I plan to do for later replays if I can. So, here it is (if there are any requests on what to add, please say and I'll let you know if they're possible for me to do or not.)

wal 716m
PIV       - Score            - Section
27,810 - 114,976,300 - Pre-midboss
39,700 - 155,132,780 - After Midboss
46,770 - 484,803,610 - Before main boss
50,160 - 716,033,640 - End of Stage
20,516,000 Clear Bonus
All spell cards captured apart from Kogasa's final.

wal 723m
PIV       - Score            - Section
27,860 - 117,171,760 - Pre-midboss
39,720 - 157,448,960 - After midboss
46,890 - 492,674,780 - Before main boss
50,370 - 723,390,980 - End of Stage
20,537,000 Clear Bonus
All spell cards captured apart from Kogasa's final.

For regular runs, I wont go into quite as much depth as this. It'll probably be limited to Stage by Stage comparisons for now.

Hope some of you find this interesting / useful. Any sort of suggestions, please post them in the thread or via PMs!

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
I'd personally prefer hearing what the player actually did (or what you think he did) to achieve the score increase, like improved grazing technique or enemy disposal/UFO summoning/freeze timing and if you could see any possibilities for improvements or noticeable mistakes (escaped enemies/dropped items, wasted easy graze potential, missed freeze opportunity etc.) it would be great! Still, thanks for taking the time to write this up, it is appreciated! Keep it up!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
I'd personally prefer hearing what the player actually did (or what you think he did) to achieve the score increase, like improved grazing technique or enemy disposal/UFO summoning/freeze timing and if you could see any possibilities for improvements or noticeable mistakes (escaped enemies/dropped items, wasted easy graze potential, missed freeze opportunity etc.) it would be great! Still, thanks for taking the time to write this up, it is appreciated! Keep it up!

Yes, I'd also like to incorporate that at some point. My only problem is that I don't want to make too much of a job for myself - doing this much is pretty simple, all I have to do is fast-forward each replay and make notes on score and graze. If I start getting properly into analysing the replays, I might make things a bit too complicated for myself, that and without my personal knowledge of each of the games, I might end up missing certain aspects and bringing attention to aspects that really don't make a difference or matter. I could probably do this quite easily for TD replays, but as for the other games, it's a bit more difficult.

This is kind of why I asked for some outside help too, if there's any to be had. Perhaps in the next few weeks, or if I feel like it, I'll expand certain replays I'm personally interested in and offer some real insight into what's going on. For now though, I think I'll leave it as it is, and if there's anyone with anything extra to add, that'd be fantastic!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2013, 09:24:46 PM »
Okay! Everything should be up-to-date now. Sorry I wasn't so quick at updating for a while, been bogged down with college work and the likes. I'm in the clear now though so expect quicker updates from now.

If you notice anything wrong, as always, let me know. :)

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »
Don't forget this:
Hard - Jigoku
Karisa - 11,365,460 - C - Screenshot

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »
Done! Thanks.

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
Welp, Alan has now gone and broken the 6.5 milestone with 6,530,647,270, so a 48m improvement. Presumably this run doesn't have that heartbreaking 01 second Rising World loss this time. I'll have a look soon.