Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 214948 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2013, 09:57:43 AM »
LYX has been doing that a lot lately. Uploading DDC replays to Royalflare then removing them after a few days, that is. Not sure why, but it's certainly better than hiding the replays entirely.

By the way, if you didn't know, nearly all first-place replays submitted to Royalflare are saved in the history page, even if removed. It's useful.

(I say "nearly all" because if someone uploads a replay and removes it immediately, the next replay to be uploaded will be given the same file name as the removed one. If the new replay also happens to be a first-place replay, it'll overwrite the other one when it's saved to the archive. I've seen this happen a few times with DDC already.)

« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
Since no one mentioned yet, SOC broke the overall UFO Extra record with 725m, besting the previous wal record by a small 2 million. I didn't really expect HIM to break a world record since he's mostly a survival player. :V

Also, dat raindrops speedkill.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2013, 04:51:57 PM »
Since no one mentioned yet, SOC broke the overall UFO Extra record with 725m, besting the previous wal record by a small 2 million. I didn't really expect HIM to break a world record since he's mostly a survival player. :V

Also, dat raindrops speedkill.

the run was amazing. he streamed it. very hype moment. his reaction was amazing - I think he may have shed a tear there. understandably. there is no joy bigger than getting a WR.

chum

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »
Yeah, watching the run was very intense, I didn't actually think it would be enough for a WR. His reaction uponing finishing the run, after 13 hours of streaming, was undoubtedly a moving one.

Different subject: does anyone know if Miruku = Ichizoku? They have pretty much the exact same playstyles.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:58:15 PM by chum »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
I'm rather certain they're the same person. I can't be sure, though. It was discussed on #PoFV back when the new records by Ichizoku were released.

In addition to the similar playstyles and choices of movement even at parts where it doesn't matter, the old WR by Miruku was removed from Royalflare at the same time when Ichizoku's run was added.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:16:57 PM by Vee »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »
That should be everything updated! As always, let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Zil

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Normal - A2
Zil - 59,359,260 - C - 0.050% - Replay

:3
Quick, before chum beats it!

Also I guess you could add Pietro's improved LLS Extra record.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:47:09 PM by Stage 6 Rikako »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
Quick, before chum beats it!

Also I guess you could add Pietro's improved LLS Extra record.

Fixed. Where can I find Pietro's score?

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Zil

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2013, 09:05:51 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13707.msg1030149.html#msg1030149

80,289,020 apparently, which is pretty insane for that stage.

Oh, his shot type was Marisa A.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:57:07 PM by Zil »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
Small update done and dusted.

On another note, I'm thinking about writing articles for the front page that highlight achievements in the scoring/survival world, such as new WRs and new MotK records. It wouldn't be limited to just this, the potential is huge for what I could write about. Would anyone be interested in this? Asking specifically in here for now as my intended audience is going to largely be those who frequent this thread.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
The front page? as in Motk's? I don't know how many people that frequent this thread actually even bother looking at the it. I know I don't.

Now, don't get me wrong. The idea is good, but that's mostly something we see here anyway. I mean, how many people that don't visit HME will be interested what's happening in here? I don't see the point insofar that everyone who really cares visits this board anyway and sees the cool stuff the users here are doing. I don't want you to engage in a wasted effort.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2013, 12:40:57 AM »
On another note, I'm thinking about writing articles for the front page that highlight achievements in the scoring/survival world, such as new WRs and new MotK records. It wouldn't be limited to just this, the potential is huge for what I could write about. Would anyone be interested in this? Asking specifically in here for now as my intended audience is going to largely be those who frequent this thread.
I don't really see much point in making front page posts for people who frequent this thread-- if so, why not just post in the thread? I think a lot of us check HME more often than the front page, anyway.

If front page posts are created, I think they should be intended for a more general audience-- the sort of person who would not regularly, if ever, view the scoreboard forum. That is, they'd be posts that assume that readers are unfamiliar with the scoring systems, common challenges, or anything beyond basic clears-- even common terms like NMNB and supergraze might need to be explained. I'm not sure if there would be much interest, but it might be worth a try.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:04 AM »
This could work as a newsletter to the rest of the site because there are plenty of subsections that don't know a lick of what goes on here. ...Granted I say this but I'm not sure how much activity there is to talk about in the first place. Dunno man.

Zil

« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »
Agreeing with the others. Directing toward people who already visit here would be unnecessary. Conceivably you could write something directed toward the rest of the site but I'm not sure how many would really care.

I guess it depends on what you're planning. You say the potential is huge so maybe you have some ideas.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »
I just thought it might be good to offer the high scorer's and survivalists achievements some more publicity. I'll see what I can come up with.

« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
Mystic Square [MotK]

Easy:
World:
MotK: Karisa ? 77,928,820 (100%) ? Bitcoin

Normal:
World:
MotK: Karisa ? 118,156,540 (100%) ? Bitcoin

Hard:
World:
MotK: Karisa ? 141,476,240 (100%) ? Bitcoin

Lunatic:
World:
MotK: Zil ? 162,423,680 (100%) ? Bitcoin

Extra:
World: 部屋干し ? 204,022,370 ? Bitcoin
MotK: Zil ? 203,557,580 (99.77%) ? Bitcoin

Bitcoin.

Zil

« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
That's happening everywhere on the site for god knows what reason. I don't think it can be prevented.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
Whatever it was, I think it's over now (judging by the MS thread). I guess it somehow managed to get saved into the first post of this thread when it was edited?

If anything like this happens in the future, anyway, I think it'd be preventable by adding a zero-width non-breaking space (character U+2060) somewhere in the word. L⁠i⁠k⁠e⁠ ⁠I⁠ ⁠d⁠i⁠d⁠ ⁠h⁠e⁠r⁠e. (Try highlighting part of the italicized text and shift-selecting to the other end-- there's an invisible character between each visible character)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2014, 08:08:20 PM »
Sorry for the delay! I have been rather unwell. With that, everything should be updated. Let me know if you find anything wrong!

Zil

« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »
The PoFV Easy was with Cirno. Also the spacing between the TD and UFO entries seems different than the others. Same for MS and PoFV.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »
I can't belive I missed that at first, but PALM broke 3.3b in IN easy.

https://twitter.com/palmdayo/status/430646691994169344/photo/1/large

I said this was close to the theoretical maximum, but PALM thinks it can go as high as 3.33b and he wants to improve the run further. If I understood him right. Sorry for being so misinformed ;;

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
Fix'd and fix'd!

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »
Shin broke 2.9b on normal with MarisaB! http://score.royalflare.net/th12/replay12/th12_ud1038.rpy

It seems to be a couple months old, but was only uploaded to royalflare today.
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »
Shin broke 2.9b on normal with MarisaB! http://score.royalflare.net/th12/replay12/th12_ud1038.rpy

It seems to be a couple months old, but was only uploaded to royalflare today.

Shame, I thought he was running UFO again. ;_;

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:58 PM »
Well, it looks like as of today, it is has been proven that, yes, it is humanly possible to get 2 Billion in Double Dealing Character, and UKT is the first to prove this to be so, playing as Sakuya-B on Lunatic! Man, that guy's sure something else, but hey, if he did such an awesome job at Subterranean Animism (I wonder if he ever will do a playthrough that'll break 5 billion there? He came pretty close, that guy!) this probably isn't very surprising, considering that there was a TAS replay somewhere that demonstrated that one could theoretically get 3 Billion in Double Dealing Character, so I thought it would only be a matter of time before someone humanly reaches 2 Billion there. Just didn't think it would be so soon!

http://score.royalflare.net/th14/levelchar14.html

A big improvement to boot, too, an almost 250 million scorepoint improvement! Dang, it must have been an incredible moment for UKT, suffice to say! I can't even imagine what feelings must have went through him when he actually broke the 2 Billion barrier! Hmm, I wonder what was the difference between his old record and the new record, in terms of technique. I didn't get to watch his old replay, before UKT replaced it with his new score.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:13:47 PM by PurpleTheGuy »

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »
You can find his previous WR on the history page here.

I watched both replays, and I gotta say that his former record was... well, kinda ugly to watch. His latest run has a much cleaner and neatly executed route, though it's a pity he failed so many spells (7, not counting the ones he had to bomb for PIV/faster kill). Also, better survival skills would mean more resources to use for PIV or simply a higher clear bonus (also, intentionally letting a bomb part drop before a spellcard to make sure you don't lose a bomb if you die always hurt my eyes).
However, since some DDC spellcards are both luck-based and total bullshit, not to mention the terrible damage SakuyaB's focused shot gets, capturing all the spells you don't have to bomb in a single run would require some serious survival skills and a huge amount of grinding. But some improvement can definitely be made there.
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2014, 01:20:46 AM »
Yay, a more polished DDC overall record! I was wondering how long it'd take. SakuyaB on Lunatic didn't seem very popular on Royalflare, probably from how weak her shot is. Though I see the category has been filling in with other scores since I last checked.

A note about comparing to the TAS: The TAS uses continues for increased bombs on Sekibanki, while Touhou scoring standards require a 1cc. So they're less comparable than it'd usually be to compare the TAS with the real-time WR.

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2014, 01:41:07 AM »
Yay, a more polished DDC overall record! I was wondering how long it'd take. SakuyaB on Lunatic didn't seem very popular on Royalflare, probably from how weak her shot is. Though I see the category has been filling in with other scores since I last checked.

A note about comparing to the TAS: The TAS uses continues for increased bombs on Sekibanki, while Touhou scoring standards require a 1cc. So they're less comparable than it'd usually be to compare the TAS with the real-time WR.

I only mentioned the TAS thing, since I remember there was a TAS replay somewhere that pushed DDC's scoring mechanics to it's limit, to where that replay ended up with 3 Billion or so without continues. Or did that particular one actually used a continue? I've merely heard of that one (I saw it discussed on the thread about TAS scoreboards on the high score section. I think you mentioned it there I saw, Karisa), but actually didn't watch that particular TAS replay that bent DDC's scoring mechanics. That one made me think about how much score could be humanly possible to get in DDC, if 3 Billion was proven to be theoretically attainable by way of TAS.

Update:
*Actually, I saw you posted a video that shows it on that thread about TAS scoreboards, so I'll see that one*

Update:
*Okay, I saw the TAS video, and I see what you're saying. Wow, that is so strange that, for DDC, the more continues you use, the more your PIV goes up! At first, I didn't know what you were referring to, since I assumed the TAS replay was a 1cc until I actually sat down and watched it. Okay, well, I sure didn't know about that at all! That was very... Interesting. I really shouldn't have brought up the TAS thing here, then, since it used, like, 4 continues.*
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:52:16 AM by PurpleTheGuy »

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
Ha, I just noticed the replay was dated 22nd of February 22:22

Great improvement either way.
Didn't miss those critical life pieces as on the previous run and the route feels more optimized.

Oh

« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2014, 02:54:53 AM »
Yusuke improves his PCB Lunatic score once more - 3,194,224,410  !!!!
Now ReimuB has the overall record for PCB!