Author Topic: Anime Shopping Cart/Store help  (Read 2112 times)

Anime Shopping Cart/Store help
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
Hello hello ^^. I am just wondering if anyone here has experience with or experience in making an e-commerce site. Besides potentially selling Touhou Jackets (mentioned in another thread), I will be selling imported anime goods as well.

My friend built a site for me for 500USD, using zen cart. Apparently zen cart does not have pre-ordering capabilities or extensions(plugins) that can. A lot of shopping carts lack this ability for some reason. The ones that does have the extensions charge money and does not do exactly what I want.

I think we all bought anime goods where we pre-order now and pay later. Most of my competitors do pre-orders that way. With my current site, people have to pay upfront for both in-stock items AND pre-order items. Not to mention that shipping is also charged at once, and that doesnt work since often times you'd buy 6 anime figures and they'd sometimes get shipped 6 different times based on when they are released. Shipping rates for shipping 6 items at once is different than shipping 6 items at 6 different times.

Even if people are willing to pay upfront for pre-order items as well, shipping is still an issue. I might have to individually go through orders and issue invoices manually asking for shipping money.

I am just wondering if anyone has experience/input in this area. I am also looking to hire someone to do what I need for pre-orders and maybe even do some design touch up for my site.

I found a local wholesaler (AAA anime) that I can drive 15minuts to pick up goods (yay save money by skipping shipping, to pass on savings to customers). I also contacted a few japanese wholesalers like Mile-Stone.Jp.

I am just asking here because Touhou/Anime fans who worked with e-commerce is could better understand what is needed than someone who isn't a fan. We can understand each other better.

------

Also, let me know if you are interested in working with me, in general, on this store ^^. It is based in USA, California. It is an online store. Hopefully we will be popular enough to be at a convention. It will be fun working with others.