Author Topic: Touhou ~ The Book Of The Grimoire  (Read 40755 times)

AyaShameimaru

Touhou ~ The Book Of The Grimoire
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »
Hey guys!

Pretty new here and have been playing Touhou Project video game series for 6 years, so hows it going? So I decided to create my own Touhou Project fanmade game.

I am starting from small first using RPG Maker VX Ace, then I will go up a level and start learning C and then C++ to make better games for the Touhou fanbase community. Okay.... Back on topic! Yea, I am making a fanmade game using RPG Maker VX Ace called "Touhou ~ The Book Of The Grimoire" it's based in a completely different world with Aya as the main character of the story wanting to find a way to get back to world of Gensokyo.

Story:
One faithful day, Aya Shameimaru, mysteriously wakes up in a dark building, in confusion she thinks this might be Yukari's doing. She wonders around the place for a way out and bumps into a crystal telling her she must meet with the goddess Tena. After walking around for such a long time she finally gets to her destination point but sadly her meeting with the goddess Tena was not going to happen.

A unknown voice spoke to her and told her this was never Yukari's doing but his doing and showed Aya why her meeting with the goddess Tena was not going to happen as he froze the goddess in thick ice. Aya with disappointment fought with the unknown person and lost. Before he could do the final strike the goddes used the little power she had left in her to send Aya down to the world below.

Characters to appear in the game
1.Hakurei Reimu
2.Marisa Kisame
3.Sanae
4.Youmo
5.Chen
6.Ran
7.Reisen
8.Alice
9.Cirno
10.Yuyuko
11.Yukari Yakumo

I would add in Sakuya and Momiji but the person that made these sprites seem to not have come with them... (The sprites can be found here I don't no who made them though but probably the person who posted it not quiet sure. http://scarletdevilmansion.forumcommunity.net/?t=42763652)  If anyone sprite artist is willing to help me with the game could you make a sprite of Sakuya and Momiji like these sprites right down the end in that link I gave?

Pictures of the game so far.

I would like some Artists for the title screen and musicians to help me out with the music for dungeons, towns, world map, castles and etc that would be a great help! I do hope you are looking forward to the game I am making and the demo is quiet near to done.

AyaShameimaru

Re: Touhou ~ The Book Of The Grimoire
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
No one interested? 0,o

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
It's only been 4 hours. What do you think people do all day?
I see a Sakuya in that sprite sheet, below Aya. Getting a Momiji shouldn't be a problem once you get a sprite artist. As for music I know nothing about that.
Anyway, I like the lighting thing you've got going there. Looks a little weird in a tiled RPG like that but nice.
Finally to answer your second question, no, I'm not really interested. Adventure RPG with Turn based fighting really doesn't do it for me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
No one interested? 0,o
People from all over the world use this forum.  3 and a half hours isn't exactly a long time for people to notice a thread either.  Give it a couple days.

Looks like a cool idea, I'd be happy to help bugtest/balancetest but can't really help with art or music.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »
It's only been 4 hours. What do you think people do all day?
I see a Sakuya in that sprite sheet, below Aya. Getting a Momiji shouldn't be a problem once you get a sprite artist. As for music I know nothing about that.
Anyway, I like the lighting thing you've got going there. Looks a little weird in a tiled RPG like that but nice.
Finally to answer your second question, no, I'm not really interested. Adventure RPG with Turn based fighting really doesn't do it for me.

Ah, true.

Thanks for spotting that out for me, I must be going blind if I couldn't spot her under the character I was going to have and will have as the main character. Once again thank you I do try my best on where to put the lights/lighting around the dungeons, shops, castles and etc. No worries everyone has their tastes of types of games their like.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
People from all over the world use this forum.  3 and a half hours isn't exactly a long time for people to notice a thread either.  Give it a couple days.

Looks like a cool idea, I'd be happy to help bugtest/balancetest but can't really help with art or music.

That would be awesome!  :) I would need a couple of people, maybe between 10 ~ 15 people to be game testers to find bugs and yea balance it aswell around the game and don't worry about it. xD

Although I do want trust worthly people to test the game I give to find these sort of things and not upload it to download sites and give it to other people until the game is fully done and 99.9% bug free. I'm not saying you are not trusting I just have to be careful of who I can trust to be game testers and etc to stop that from happening. =-3

RemiShama

• Imperial Scarlet Devil.
    • Scarlet Devil Mansion | Touhou italian forum
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 05:46:36 PM »
Im the autor of the post on the link lol.
Th sprites are from the game "Patchcon, defend the library" and I have found them on internet.
Visit my Touhou Italian Forum, nya.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Im the autor of the post on the link lol.
Th sprites are from the game "Patchcon, defend the library" and I have found them on internet.

lol XD Well, I see. Thank you for putting them on the post of the link I gave here or I wouldn't of ever found these kinds of sprites you found on the internet. I just looked up the fanmade game and it looks great and fun, I'm gonna give it a try later on. =D

RemiShama

• Imperial Scarlet Devil.
    • Scarlet Devil Mansion | Touhou italian forum
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
Nah, no problem and thank you. :3
Visit my Touhou Italian Forum, nya.

Imosa

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »
That would be awesome!  :) I would need a couple of people, maybe between 10 ~ 15 people to be game testers to find bugs and yea balance it aswell around the game and don't worry about it. xD

Although I do want trust worthly people to test the game I give to find these sort of things and not upload it to download sites and give it to other people until the game is fully done and 99.9% bug free. I'm not saying you are not trusting I just have to be careful of who I can trust to be game testers and etc to stop that from happening. =-3
Don't double post like that. There are situations when double posting is ok but that was not one of them. You can "Insert Quote" using the Topic Summary below the posting interface.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »
Don't double post like that. There are situations when double posting is ok but that was not one of them. You can "Insert Quote" using the Topic Summary below the posting interface.

Sorry about that. Won't happen again. Dx
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:27:30 PM by AyaShameimaru »

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
Update: 15/10/12

The short demo has been fully completed, there will be some bugs here and there but still I hope you enjoy the game (demo). Please remember to give me feedback on the game, that would be a big help towards me. =-D

Touhou ~ The Book Of The Grimoire demo
Link: THERE IS NO LINK! NOOOOOOOO!!!! Go down to the 20th post for the Link! Tehe!
Enjoy.

Link has been updated~

Teleport at the end of the dungeon ~ Added
Faded out BGM in the house ~ Added
Monsters added in the last bit of the dungeon ~ Added
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:22:49 PM by AyaShameimaru »

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
I'll take a look at this later today.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
I'll take a look at this later today.

Alright. Well hope you enjoy the game (demo).

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »
Umm, I tried downloading it, but it's giving me an error: "Unable to find file: Graphics\Lights\Light".

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
Umm, I tried downloading it, but it's giving me an error: "Unable to find file: Graphics\Lights\Light".
Oh... Sorry. XD Forgot to pack it with the demo lool.

Here ya go.

Lights
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bw2hyqfm8pobmae

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
Huzzah! Lights, Title screen, Music!

Aya confirmed for man.

"putted" Also not sure if two stars are meant to be there.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:33:13 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
First impressions:
Dat Lighting. Provides a great atmosphere.
The maps are well spaced out and not too tricky to navigate.
There's a lot of spelling errors in the dialogue. The most common one is using "quiet" instead of "quite". There's also a couple of lines that could be better spaced.
Why is Yuki helping? So far, there's been no reason given for her/him (I really can't tell orz) to have anything to do with Aya.
Holy Random Encounters Batman! They're quite annoying, especially if you don't know where you're going. The slimes are also possibly a bit too easy. After I hit level 2, they couldn't hurt me at all. If they appeared a bit more rarely, but were a bit tougher, I think it'd be better.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
K I think I reached the end. I came to a ladder I can't go down and everywhere else says not available in the demo.

Encounter rate seems a bit high. Felt like Mt. Moon and the zubats. 

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
Huzzah! Lights, Title screen, Music!

Aya confirmed for man.

"putted" Also not sure if two stars are meant to be there.

lolololol XD I didn't even know that was there. Rolf making me laugh too much after reading about the manly man of Aya and yea lol I did get some spelling mistake wrong. ;3

First impressions:
Dat Lighting. Provides a great atmosphere.
The maps are well spaced out and not too tricky to navigate.
There's a lot of spelling errors in the dialogue. The most common one is using "quiet" instead of "quite". There's also a couple of lines that could be better spaced.
Why is Yuki helping? So far, there's been no reason given for her/him (I really can't tell orz) to have anything to do with Aya.
Holy Random Encounters Batman! They're quite annoying, especially if you don't know where you're going. The slimes are also possibly a bit too easy. After I hit level 2, they couldn't hurt me at all. If they appeared a bit more rarely, but were a bit tougher, I think it'd be better.

Thank you for your feedback and like I said to Imosa I do try my best  on where to put the lights around the dungeons, shops and etc. Yea, there is alot of spelling mistakes within the dialogue which will be fixed soon and for why Yuki is helping Aya.... Well that will be revealed once theres a full release and me picking people trusting people to test play the game for me.

After playing the Demo as well I do find the bats to dodge too much and appear way too often and the slimes to be too weak (two hits and dead). Overall I do hope you enjoyed it. =-3

K I think I reached the end. I came to a ladder I can't go down and everywhere else says not available in the demo.

Encounter rate seems a bit high. Felt like Mt. Moon and the zubats. 

Ah, you needed to press "Z" button or hit enter to go down as I forgot to set it to "Player Touch". =D

Yea, I will put encounting monsters up a bit higher maybe put the average steps to get into a battle 25 ~ 35 steps. Sometimes you will get into a battle lower then that number. =3
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:09:45 PM by AyaShameimaru »

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
Update!

23:23pm ~ 15/10/12

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?26z5n7g47tap2z6

Things added, redone and etc
Added:
Added more story (As to why Yuki is helping Aya).

Redone
Some of the text
Made two monsters stronger
35 steps avenrage of getting into a battle
Redone the teleport event to "Players Touch" at the end of the dungeon
Made Bats Luk and Agi lower as quite alot of attacks miss against them.

About Yuki joinning Aya.... You may find it a good reason or not but I am not thinking straight as I am really tired and have to get up for art college tomorrow. So tomorrow it will most probably change but this is it for the demo. The final demo release! xD Good night folks.

Imosa

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have time to play the demo but I wanted to ask about your title. A grimoire is a like a spell book, so that makes the title, The Book of the Spell Book. Is it supposed to make us think of the Grimoire of Marissa or that of Alice? That's what it does for me. Its fine if this is right but Book of the Grimoire sounds kinda strange.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:18:10 PM by Imosa »

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have time to play the demo but I wanted to ask about your title. A grimoire is a like a spell book, so that makes the title, The Book of the Spell Book. Is it supposed to make us think of the Grimoire of Marissa or that of Alice? That's what it does for me. Its fine if this is right but Book of the Grimoire sounds kinda strange.

Sorry for the long wait Imosa. I have been working more on my art work then the game lately because I have assessments coming up in four days time.

Yeah, the Grimoire is just a book of magic spells and no it wasn't suppose to make some people think of Marisa or that of Alice. I just had the title that way because I founded it to be a good title and pretty cool. Even though the Grimoire is just "A book of magic spells" but very important in the game. The title will be changed soon enough though.

Also don't worry about it but I do hope you can play the demo when you have the time to.

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
Finally! I have finished my assessment and will now be able to continue on the game much more as I have half term next week and I have a day off tomorrow, so I will try to own up much of the time I left out!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
The graphics are quite detailed, so... I'm  wondering, did you create the places by yourself or did you use that rpg maker VX thing that allows you to automatically generate maps instantly?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:25:18 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »
The graphics are quite detailed, so... I'm  wondering, did you create the places by yourself or did you use that rpg maker VX thing that allows you to automatically generate maps instantly?

Thank you and no I did not use that feature, it would taken half or somewhat most of  the fun out of it. It had taken me hours just to get it the way I wanted it to be that I had pictured in my head and People that use that feature are really lazy, but that's just my opinion. : p
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:37:53 PM by AyaShameimaru »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »
Really? Because I found it to be awesome. At least compared to several -Maker games with really bland and boring maps. I don't know, I've seen many with such an "empty" feeling.

Keep up the good job.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:15:21 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »
Really? Because I found it to be awesome. At least compared to several -Maker games with really bland and boring maps. I don't know, I've seen many with such an "empty" feeling.

Keep up the good job.

Yep really and thank you very much again. =D

I agree there are many RPG Maker games with really boring and very empty or mid empty maps but I don't really care as long as the gameplay and story of the game is great I will still play it. xD

Thank you I will indeed keep up the good work. =3

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
Also, here are some sprites in case you need em:

Pics 1 and 7 has sprites for Sakuya and Momiji respectively, while number 6 has an alternative for Aya.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

AyaShameimaru

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »
Also, here are some sprites in case you need em:

Pics 1 and 7 has sprites for Sakuya and Momiji respectively, while number 6 has an alternative for Aya.

Thank you very much Magic The Shastri! Appreciation taken very much! =D

I can now finally add Momiji in the game and these sprites will be used in the full version. =3

I am now officially no longer in need of a sprite artist but still need a artist for the title screen and that it and also still in need of a musician. Where can I get any of these two? 0,o
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:22:35 AM by AyaShameimaru »