Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 368532 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
why can't i contain

all this hype

I don't really like the new art style, and it looks like it actually has a timer now. Still, both might grow on me. Anything to see UFO/TD chars in a fighting game, really.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »
度重なる天変地異、あらがえない天災の恐怖、
Repeated calamities, the fear for inescapable disasters,

それらは人間の里に厭世観をもたらした。
They have brought pessimism to the human village.

里には重苦しい空気が渦巻いている。
The human village is swirled with gloomy air.

しかしながらそれは絶望感では無い。
However, it's not a feeling of hopelessness.

何をしても人間の未来は変わらないという閉塞感に近い物であった。
Rather, it's more like a sense of stagnation caused by the fact that,
no matter what happens, the future of humans will never change.

『ええじゃないか!』
"Isn't this good?"

誰が発したのだろうか、そんな声が聞こえて来る気がする。
No one knows who said that, but everyone feels that they have heard such a voice.

そうだ、何も変わらないのなら、何をしても良いんじゃないか?
That's right, if nothing ever changes, doesn't that mean doing anything is fine?

そうだ、もっと刹那的に生きれば良いんだ。
Living more for the moment would be nice.

次第に里の人間の心は解放され、それと同時に秩序が乱れていった。
Gradually, the hearts of the humans were freed. At the same time, order was disturbed.

その様子を別の視点から見る者達が居た。 宗教家達である。
There are those who look at this from another perspective. They are the religious people.

宗教家は乱れた人心を掌握しようと考えた。
They were contemplating about seizing the disturbed hearts of the people.

秩序を取り戻すと同時に、自らの信仰を集める良い機会だからだ。
This is a good opportunity to restore order and at the same time, gather faith for themselves.

幻想郷にお寺を建立した僧侶、俗世を捨て不老不死を目指す道士、
The monk who built a temple in Gensokyo, the Taoist who has abandoned earthly life and seeks immortality,

そして復権を目指す巫女。
And the shrine maiden who aims for reinstatement.

彼女達は決意する。こういう時こそ「私の出番」だと。
They have decided. This is the time for "It's my turn!".

さあ、それぞれの信念を武器に、魅力的に闘い、人気を奪い合え!
Come, each one armed with your own belief, show some fascinating fights, and scramble for popularity!

...probably have some mistakes but the basic gist is there
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:08:53 PM by miracle★cookie »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
This is Gensokyo, it didn't take a genius to predict the next game would be a battle between 'em. I expected it to be another Phantasmagoria, though. Kinda miffed.

Anyway, I wonder who'll win in the canon ending? It'll be big.

That's the problem, I liked the idea of the religions peacefully coexisting and I agree that conflict was unavoidable, but I just hope that this game doesn't just trash that entirely.

For once Petit, we share an opinion. I'm of the opinion that they all need to get headbap'd.
(Not like I used Reimu, Sanae, or Suwako much anyhow.)

"For once"? Did I miss any conflicts? I like your avatar, so I should be able to remember, but I really can't, I'm worried. Happy to hear that you agree either way!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »
Well, you've mostly seemed like a bit of a Lawful stick-in-the-mud, kinda like a Paladin.
Which doesn't really mesh with my overall Chaotic alignment. But that's a different matter for a different place, eh?

But yeah, I was hoping for a Phantasmagoria myself. We're long overdue for one.
Come to think of it, didn't ZUN say there wouldn't be a new game this year back during that big to-do about his wedding?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
If ZUN wants to be organized about it, the next Phantasmagoria game will be TH15.

B?t V?n Tử

• 天下第一妖怪 - Thi?n Hạ Đệ Nhất Y?u Qu?i
  • 謀事在人, 成事在天 - Mưu sự tại nh?n, th?nh sự tại thi?n
    • [LAME] - Final project in my HTML class - shamelessly stole from touhou wiki
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
I am crossing my fingers for it to be released as soon as this Winter Comiket xD
Everyone join my prayers to Youkai Jesus!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
omg are you serious

I was just talking about how I hoped Byakuren would make it into one of the fighting games the other day

Tasofro don't let me down :* :* :*

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
I am crossing my fingers for it to be released as soon as this Winter Comiket xD
Everyone join my prayers to Youkai Jesus!

Definitely not. HD sprites mean this will take a while to make.

We'll probably see something like the four character demo SWR had first.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
Welp I was about to bring it up, but it looks like the one prediction I discussed though various boards... IT'S A RELIGION WAR!!!

This pretty much means the Buddhist, Taoist, and Shinto crew are all open game for this! (If Futo appears in this, she will be mained <Double if Seiga, but that's a long shot since she kinda abadoned the Taoist crew>)
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »
Well, you've mostly seemed like a bit of a Lawful stick-in-the-mud, kinda like a Paladin.
Which doesn't really mesh with my overall Chaotic alignment. But that's a different matter for a different place, eh?

Finally, I've managed to establish an image of myself, hurray! No need to worry, though, lawful paladins don't get off on even 10 percent of the stuff I tend to favour, so it's really just limited to a few areas.
Nonetheless, we also agree on this being a matter for a different place, so let's leave it at that!

But yeah, I was hoping for a Phantasmagoria myself. We're long overdue for one.
Come to think of it, didn't ZUN say there wouldn't be a new game this year back during that big to-do about his wedding?

I think that's true, but either Tasofro's doing the large majority of the work or it will be next year. Seeing how there's only three months left this year, Winter Comiket would probably cut it a little close considering that we've only just gotten the very first information. In the end, it's probably a mix of both.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:36:12 PM by Lepetit89 »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
Really looking forward to this one, I had a lot of fun fighting people in Hisoutensoku and this looks like it doesn't have the silly weather system, so I expect excellent things. Sprite art is excellent, too.
Let's fight.

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
I was hoping for a holy wars phantasmagoria, but this is nice too. Can't wait!
...Although I doubt I'll be able to run it on my current computer, considering how it's a 720p game and how I haven't been able to run anything from Tasofro since Grief Syndrome. Oh well.

I'm particularly curious about the "yes / no / neither" meter around the character portraits.

Mootsies

• There is a reaction? Good.
  • I want to taste Nuetella.
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
Wooohoo! It's on!
Dat new style.. And I especially love fighting games..
And just when I got a little bored with hisoutensoku too.
There's no better timing than this :getdown:
 :* :*

Accomplishment? Let's see :
EoSD normal 1cc (Marisa A). PCB normal 1cc (Sakuya A), EX clear. IN normal 1cc (Border Team), EX clear. MoF normal 1cc (Reimu A,B), EX clear (Reimu A). UFO normal 1cc (Reimu B). TD normal 1cc (Reimu and Marisa)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
Cool, a new fighting game. I still doubt I'll enjoy any single player modes that much, but if the netplay is noticeably better than Hisoutensoku's then I might try out multiplayer again. I'm glad to see that (judging from the screenshots at least) the weather system got the boot, perhaps this one will be a bit more traditional than the recent Touhou fighters.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:10 PM »
Cool, a new fighting game. I still doubt I'll enjoy any single player modes that much, but if the netplay is noticeably better than Hisoutensoku's then I might try out multiplayer again. I'm glad to see that (judging from the screenshots at least) the weather system got the boot, perhaps this one will be a bit more traditional than the recent Touhou fighters.

I hope that does not happen, and that it's welcoming to new players(IaMP was a turn-off for many of my friends).  I hope for wackiness in my Touhou fighting games.

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
Hype. More IaMP-like (i.e. better) mechanics please. Or at least get rid of weather.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
I'm okay with no weather, because that was an SWR thing, core to the gameplay.
But I don't like the no spellcard deck thing. That was one of the things I liked about SWR/Soku. You could customize to a point, use what you liked, and not be too restricted to a specific set of moves. Unlike IaMP, which had you locked into a set movelist.
(I didn't really like IaMP a whole lot either, it felt...I dunno, floatier than the later ones?)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
That's awesome.  I wonder who all's going to be in.  Cause I don't know who I'd be more excited about playing as, Kanako or Shou or Murasa.

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
Yes. I'm happy as long we get a new Touhou game. This is great news to wake up to.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
This is Gensokyo, it didn't take a genius to predict the next game would be a battle between 'em. I expected it to be another Phantasmagoria, though. Kinda miffed.

Anyway, I wonder who'll win in the canon ending? It'll be big. No, not trying to start a powerlevel discussion. Just saying it'll have an impact on the storyline. One of them being better than others.

Reimu never loses in Canon.

Answer: Reimu, and everything stays as it normally is, or all parties share faith [Except Reimu]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
this looks like it doesn't have the silly weather system
ZUN has finally made up for creating Sanae! (Or Tasofro... whatever.) Holy balls was the mandatory weather system a pain when all's you wanted was a fun bout against a friend or the CPU. (So many perfect fights ruined by Typhoon and River Mist...) Here's hoping whatever new system they put in will be optional outside of story mode. :)

I'm loving the new art style. It looks very comic-book-ish what with the somewhat thick but soft outlines (particularly Marisa). The whole background almost looks like a 3D oil painting, which is pretty sweet (treetrunks could use a lil' antialiasing..). Something about it doesn't quite "pop" as much as the earlier games though... I suppose the final release may have additional changes and graphical effects overlaid on top of everything, so it may be too early to judge.

Real nice to see Tasofro keeping busy. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »
aaaaah
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
I cannot wait!

One thing, though. Story revolves around the recent faith groups... Might that mean that other Touhou characters'll be scrapped? I mean, TH6-8 don't really seem to have a place in the plot.

Noticed:
-Standard super meters?!
-Circular meters around the player's head. "Yes," "No," and... Someone translate that last one. Does this have to do with faith?
-Marisa and Reimu might be flying in the firefight screenshot.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:56:09 PM by KrackoCloud »

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
I hope the weather system gets the ax, but the card system was a nice touch. The gauges seem to tell me they're going back to IAMP tho...
(then again, the AI could never use them cards anyway.)

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
I'm okay with no weather, because that was an SWR thing, core to the gameplay.
But I don't like the no spellcard deck thing. That was one of the things I liked about SWR/Soku. You could customize to a point, use what you liked, and not be too restricted to a specific set of moves. Unlike IaMP, which had you locked into a set movelist.
(I didn't really like IaMP a whole lot either, it felt...I dunno, floatier than the later ones?)

I agree, the deck system was definitely better than IaMP's presets, but the fact that your deck order was random wasn't great, especially since some move overrides are incredibly important in SWR.

As long as they don't go back to IaMP's system I will be happy, I guess.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
I approve. :3 I've never been much for the fighting games, but if the single player is along the lines of SWR I think this will be a lot of fun. Plus, I've been wanting to see where this faith wars arc has been going for a while now.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
Actually, I'd say there's a good chance this is coming out at Winter Comiket. They probably have a lot more of the game done than what they're showing off here.

Definitely looks a lot better than the 12.3 and so on. Part of me is glad they got rid of the deck system, because while it was fun to play with, it did kind of make things a bit harder to get into until you figured out what they all did.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
One thing, though. Story revolves around the recent faith groups... Might that mean that other Touhou characters'll be scrapped? I mean, TH6-8 don't really seem to have a place in the plot.

> Miko included
> No Patchouli
> No Remilia
> No Yuyuko
> No Yukari

GOTYAY
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
I liked the deck system just b/c inputting directions for supers on a keypad is a pain.

Guess I'll have to see if I can hook up the xbox360 controller to my pc.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
I liked the deck system just b/c inputting directions for supers on a keypad is a pain.

Guess I'll have to see if I can hook up the xbox360 controller to my pc.
Agreed in IaMP you had to activate the spell then input a key combo whereas in SWR and UNL all you just had to do is press a button.

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
OH SHIT

man it's been a long time since the last touhou game