Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes  (Read 202907 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
All based on Normal

SoEW: I've got to Mima
LLS: Stage 4
MS: Stage 4
EoSD: Stage 6 boss
PCB: Stage 5 Boss
IN: Cleared with Scarlet and Magic Teams. I find Eirin easier than Kaguya for some reason @_@
MoF: Cleared
SA: Stage 5 Midboss [I have quite literally game overed on Utusho's final spell on Easy as my record]
UFO: Murasa's Survival Spell
TD: Cleared Normal, can get to Mamizou's 7th spellcard [Forgot exactly which one that is]. I've got to Stage 5 on Hard.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:03:53 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
Here's a list of characters I've fapped to. (I know, it's lacking, but I'm working on it!)
You need to work harder.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
So I tried UFO normal with ReimuA. I make it all the way to Byakuren's noodle spell X3
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
Here's a bigger accomplishment for me. I caught Esoterica "Astronomical Entombing" (Lunatic) with Yukari. :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=24391

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6EkuzRQ8E
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
Wow a new thread. A shame I've detached myself from touhou games lately.(I am listening to a crapload of Touhou music, though)
So, a list is in order.

PC-98:All Normal difficulty games 1cc'd with at least 1 shottype, except for HRtP.
EoSD: Normal 1cc'd with all shottypes, Hard 1cc'd with all Reimu shottypes, plus Lazor Marisa.Lunatic runs have reached Scarlet Gensokyo 4 times, all with ReimuA. Extra cleared with both Reimu shottypes.
PCB:Normal 1cc'd with all non-Marisa shottypes, Hard 1cc'd with ReimuAB,and SakuyaB,Lunatic 1cc with ReimuA.Extra and Phantasm:Cleared with all non-Marisa shottypes, 1DNB Extra. All Spellcards in the game captured at least once.
IN:Normal 1cc'd with everything non-solo, as is Hard.Normal 90fps. Lunatic runs have reached Hourai Jewel 2 times, with Border Team. Extra Cleared with all teams. 220/222 spells captured.(missing Imperishable Shitting and Yukari's Last Word.)Millions of spell timeouts.
PoFV:Nothing.
MoF:Normal 1cc'd with all shottypes, Hard 1cc'd with ReimuA. Lunatic runs have reached VoWG, twice. Extra clear with All Reimus, and with MarisaBroken.1 No miss run of Extra with ReimuA.
SA:Normal 1cc'd with all Reimu shottypes. Hard 1cc'd with ReimuA,Extra cleared with ReimuA.Lunatic Runs up to brickwall Orin.
UFO:Normal 1cc'd with all Shottypes. Semi-Blind capture of all of Hard Shou's spells in the same run.(pity I failed the nonspells.)1B0D Hard Murasa. No Extra clear as of yet.
10D:Normal 1cc'd with all non-Sanae. All spells Captured except for TAO~Taidou whatever. Extra Cleared with Reimu.No-focus Ten Transformations Capture while talking on the phone.

I've done some Perfects too, but nowhere near close to you guys.(BTW Congrats on the latest 1cc's and said perfects)
Most notably: PCB Stage 6 Normal, PCB Stage 5 Normal perfect pacifist, Shou Normal, Lunatic ReimuA Patchy.(damn you EoSD for lacking Stage Practice replays.)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
(damn you EoSD for lacking Stage Practice replays.)
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!
The legends spoke the truth!Such a mythical artifact exists! Thank you benevolent Seiga.

Zil

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 01:28:11 AM »
You need to work harder.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised! orz

And I guess I managed 1.15 billion last night. That's kind of an accomplishment? It was awful though.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
Greatest Treasure cap \o/

The Shou fight was like 6 deaths so I won't link that replay. Seriously.

I also got captures of Emerald Megalith, Sylphae Horn High Level, Lava Cromlech and a bunch of Patchy's other shit down today. I honestly thought it would be an off day due to no motivation but no, I'm doing good work.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:31:37 PM by RNG »

Zidnox

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »
EosD Lunatic 1cc with deafult lives get it. Yay.

First time clearing a Lunatic like this, thought I was going to trying this for months but happened faster than I expected  ^_^

chum

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 01:16:43 AM »
C-2 lunatic finished with 1000% motivation and over 70 million

Both the score and the motivation is a first for me, on any route. I care more about score, which really should've been a lot higher (haven't done any practice on this route yet, so the run wasn't that much of a scoring run, although I did use bombs for scoring purposes) but the run still felt pretty good to me.

Now I need to give the other routes similar treatment. 80 million for A2 and 70 million for all other routes is basically what I'm shooting for. The main thing though, is that survival by itself is worth a lot, so all the risky score strats I try to do in A2 and B2 end up killing my score rather than helping it.

This game is fun as hell. More people should play it.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »
So I've only ever 1cc'd UFO Normal twice in my life, and both were a sweat-pouring race to the end on my last life, even with life-farming... so I haven't gone back in a while, just playing practice instead. But then I somehow just pulled this off:

[attach=1]

I got really lucky on Shou. I normally fail him all over the place, but I caught all the last 3 cards this time somehow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:24:47 AM by Goldom »

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:59 AM »
I find Eirin easier than Kaguya for some reason @_@

Try lunatic.. then you will see the light.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:48 AM »
I thought Kaguya was already supposed to be the more difficult of the two?

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 05:51:18 PM »
Yeah, I think so. Astronomical Entombing aside, I've got about a 20-30% success rate on all Eirin's hard level spells, whereas Kaguya's are 0 across the board.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 08:44:08 PM »
Salamander Shield is easy if you stream left/right, if you can reach FinalB in the first place you should be able to capture that at least. But the other four combined (not counting the Last Spells) more than make up for it.

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
UFO Hard 1cc MarisaA!  Features a perfect Kogasa and Murasa fights and 1DNB Shou (screw Vajra). Entered stage 6 wwith like 6/3, got to Byakuren like 4/3 (i dont even know lol). Died 3 times (2nd non, magic butterfly, and 4th non). Capped last 4 spells though including my first of LFS Hard with Marisa, I forget if I managed with Reimu or not.

Update: IN Hard 1cc with Ghost Team I played a lot of this unfocused because it helps me develop my skills, so actual gameplay survival wise is pretty subpar. I did manage to capture Reisen's first card unfocused though. Also check lucky dodge thread for a screenshot from this run.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:27:46 PM by Chalros22 »
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 02:35:42 AM »
While practicing EoSD stage 3 with ReimuA, I somehow managed a perfect of it out of the blue. Wasn't even trying for it, and it was only until after the fact that I realized it, so I don't really have anything to show for it. But whatever. The only real challenge in the stage is Meiling's final card. That one always gets me. I figured out how to do Flower Dream Vine and Meiling's second to last card decently consistently, so now I just need to practice Sakuya and Remilia. I would practice Patchy, but the stage is so boring to the point that I just get demotivated the instant I hear the drab music start.

In other news, I went back and conquered an old nemesis of mine: Marionette. It's more of a personal victory than anything, but seriously that card haunted me back when I played EoSD Normal. Flipping knives suddenly changing direction and sniping you out of the blue...

Salamander Shield is easy if you stream left/right, if you can reach FinalB in the first place you should be able to capture that at least. But the other four combined (not counting the Last Spells) more than make up for it.
It definitely doesn't for me. The only real challenge in Kaguya's normal card arsenal is Life Spring Infinity. Everything else isn't that bad. By contrast, Eirin's stuff is just mean/gimmicky, and at the very least I feel that her stuff is harder to read than Kaguya's cards. I can't see anything in Game of Rising, I can't dodge Omoikone's Brain for beans, and I can't read Apollo 13 for the life of me.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:24:21 PM by Bang Jan »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Brought my StB IL tables total time down to 38:58.88. Counting in-game time like we did in DS. Might be a fraction of a second off because sometimes the timer keeps counting for one more 0.01 after the screen fades and I'm undecided on what time to use in that case. Feels pretty good to have done this but then I'm not actually 100% sure about my time since I haven't organized and double checked anything yet.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
ALRIGHT. I don't want you people believe I died or somthing, but my internet is anything but stable. I had a lot of time where I could play touhou and managed some cool and some less cool stuff. let#s start with the lest collest :v

Spiritual Birth "First Pyramid" timeout

the "difficult" part is when she's got twice as many familiars out. took 17 tries for some reason. I kept dying on 02 and 01 seconds and shit. lol

phoenix rebirth timeout

easy last word, but I noticed I hadn't timed it out yet. so I went ahead and did it. 12 tries. it was super easy after finding a good rhythm.

Ephemerality 137 timeout

I don't know if it's really awesome I did it, or really bad that I think of it as an accomplishment, but I found it tough enough. real fun, too. 27 tries.

perfect PCB stage 3. Lunatic of course

everything said. NDNB and no borders broken. took like 4 tries or so.

Perfect stage 3 MoF

same applies here. the stage really easy, except for optical camouflage. ended every run that could have been ended. 5 tries.

perfect stage 5 MoF

my first perfect stage that goes past stage 3. sadly, this is MoF stage 5, so it's super easy. I was like "sure, let's try" inbetween my stage 4 attempts. the first time, I died to the 2nd wave of big fairies with the green small bullcrap. on the 2nd, I did this. yeah, 2 tries.

and now the last one.

perfect stage 6 MoF

yeah. awesome, right? I didn't even felt all that confidence yesterday. pulled some cool dodges....I think :v just watch and decide for yourself. I have to be honest, though: VoWG RNG seemed generous yesterday.

no luck in perfecting stage 4, though. Often it's post-momiji or PWG killing me. I could get sort of consistent on momiji herself, though =)

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »
Nicely done with most of those. If you want to NMNB Stage 4 then you might wanna consider timing Momiji down to 12 seconds before taking her down. That way you'll skip most of the post-Momiji barrage. It's easier to survive for longer against Momiji if you don't know what you're doing on the post-Momiji stuff.

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2012, 01:21:42 AM »
Cleared MoF Extra with ReimuC and got my first capture of Suwako's first survival card! I've cleared MoF Extra with all of Reimu's shot types! I also managed to capture Suwako's final card, despite the fact that I blinked near the end and I could feel the impending doom of needing to readjust to the card. Something interesting though... the card with the second least captures? Kanako's first spell card. I'm serious. I don't get it either. I think a Suwako perfect is doable, but I'm absolutely dreadful at Suwako's survival cards, and I don't feel like grinding through the stage to practice them so... I'll just toss that onto the ever growing pile of "too lazy to play through boring stuff to practice stuff".

Also on a personal level, I'm actually really proud of the fact that the Extra stages are what I play now when I don't feel like playing super seriously. I remember when they were actually hard...

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2012, 01:32:40 AM »
VoWG was annoying for me, took me a week of perfecting up to that and always failing to finally get through it as well, so I know how grat it feels to perfect Kanako. Nice job on the others too.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
Finally cleared UFO Normal in what was probably the most poorly played, inconsistent 1cc I've had. Died twice to Ichirin's first or second spell, had derp deaths, missed UFO's a couple deaths with 2 bombs stocked picked the wrong colours up a couple times, death to Byakuren's first and second spells then to that circling nonspell, bombed that zig-zaggy one then entered the final with 0 bombs 1 life, cleared it 0/0. I think I even died twice to Kogasa. I did manage to cap Murasa's survival and Byakuren's Devils Recitation. Also Shou's final.
7 hours 40 minutes total with 107 starts split between Needle Reimu (53), Laser Marisa (40) and Froggy Sanae (14)
Clear was with Froggy Sanae whom I really hate using >_>

UFO is so damn hard v_v So thankful for the masses of resources. Dreading having to clear it again with Reimu or Marisa. Guess I can at least try the Extra with Sanae though.

And for the record that was the second attempt of the day.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:17:10 AM by Massaca »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 10:36:53 AM »
It definitely doesn't for me. The only real challenge in Kaguya's normal card arsenal is Life Spring Infinity. Everything else isn't that bad. By contrast, Eirin's stuff is just mean/gimmicky, and at the very least I feel that her stuff is harder to read than Kaguya's cards. I can't see anything in Game of Rising, I can't dodge Omoikone's Brain for beans, and I can't read Apollo 13 for the life of me.
I think my point there was more of "If you can reach Kaguya in the first place, you can capture Salamander Shield". It wasn't directly related to my question about Kaguya or Eirin being more difficult (which was a question, since I don't have much experience with Eirin), though I can understand why it seemed related.

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »
Got my first NMNB Patchouli fight today. ReimuB.

I don't know how high the rank was since I died twice early on in the stage to a stupid thing and to the books. Maybe I only died once. I dunno.
I'll take it though. The first spell in this battle is like drinking raw sewage but the rest of the fight is of excellent quality aside from one piss easy spell that I in the preceding attempt had the exquisite pleasure of losing an attempt and half my dignity to.

Overall I gave her around 6 attempts. Not bad for a NMNB Stage 4 boss fight I guess. I had to spend most of these runs learning how to do the non-spells.

Hopefully I'll be able to do other characters as well. And thank goodness he stopped putting rank in the games. I can understand the idea behind it but it just means that if you are an above average player you'll wind up facing boring patterns just because you died to something difficult before it. Or died stupidly for that matter. Another one of the countless reasons why UFO is the better game.  :V

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
I think my point there was more of "If you can reach Kaguya in the first place, you can capture Salamander Shield". It wasn't directly related to my question about Kaguya or Eirin being more difficult (which was a question, since I don't have much experience with Eirin), though I can understand why it seemed related.

You were right, by the way, I tried again and managed it without too much trouble. With Yukari, anyway. I also forgot I do have a capture of... whichever it is with the straight lasers and stars.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:23:04 PM by Goldom »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
Hopefully I'll be able to do other characters as well.
Go for MarisaA, and may the force be with you.