Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes  (Read 202926 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
Another "1 Miss" EoSD Stage 6 run, again to Scarlet Meister. Score is 70M this time around.

Too bad the replay doesn't exist; I got out of the absolute edge of the screen twice during Scarlet Gensokyo. Crazy shit.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
Another "1 Miss" EoSD Stage 6 run, again to Scarlet Meister. Score is 70M this time around.

Too bad the replay doesn't exist; I got out of the absolute edge of the screen twice during Scarlet Gensokyo. Crazy shit.

Keep going!  You're attempting something that would scare me in my dreams, Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Walls are frightening stuff.
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
27820 grazes during Marine Benefit Extra with ReimuA.

As far as I'm aware, this is a world record for grazes. Though there's plenty of room for improvement, WR isn't saying much considering the lack of competition. Still, pretty happy with this run.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
By the way, I'm never touching SA / UFO Lunatic
You sound like the me from before this summer  :3
Now I have an SA clear and am working towards UFO.

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Apology "Needles of Yore and Tortured Spirits" timeout.

...I have absolutely no idea how this happened. I've never even captured this card before. I've never even come close to capturing this card before.

It was like...I was doing it to attempt a timeout of Orin's last card, but figured I may as well go for this one since I had a life to spare, and somehow I managed to terrified flail in just the right way constantly. And my heart is still pounding out of my chest right now.

EDIT: Also, euphoria, because holy crap I actually just did this.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
EDIT: Also, euphoria, because holy crap I actually just did this.
If you were me, you'd be so amazed that you would forget to save the replay. <_<

That's awesome though. The next logical step would be to perfect Orin on your way to a lunatic 1cc.

Speaking of unintentional timeouts, Aura of Justice. Thing's impossible to capture on 1 power.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:16:16 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Oh

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=24345

My personal best 1cc of this game yet.
1 Miss, cleared with 8 lives in stock.
Full on survival, I don't even know how I broke 1b (my first in PCB)
That second last attack was pretty interesting. I really dislike that attack. With MarisaA it's pretty easy but with ReimuB it just takes too long. Cue getting trapped by a bubble.
Bombed the hell out of 80% reflowering because I felt insecure after dying.

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 02:24:09 AM »
Made a Magical Singular Day clear. Moderate difficulty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EKHBQFB0A

Auto-bombs enabled in order to counter issues with ghosting, me being a pussy and me finding danmakufu controls being weird even with the vsync patch. Doesn't make the clear less interesting to watch though, i think. Auto-bombs means that I don't have to worry about getting tagged by some stray bullet so I get to make a lot of crazy improvized dodges and I do get away with them quite a few times.

This script is amazing fun. Go play it people. And if are less of a pussy than I am, do it without the auto-bombs.

PS: The final attack is fucking amazing. There's no other words to describe it. Fantastic.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »

Oh.

This was my first time getting past Scarlet Meister.

I was that close.

72.6M final. Can officially claim 1DNB S6, too.

Chuckolator

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
Wow, that sucks, but I guess progress is progress. Wall or stupid clip?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
Unforced error.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »
okay, something small, but still pretty cool. everyone's always saying asteroid belt is sooooooooo difficult. I've seen people having some major problems with it. I was like "it's not that hard, people" and timed it out :v

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=24349

it really wasn't once I knew how the tiny star walls were flying. then stupid clips. blah blah, 23 attempts and I won. :v

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
Another topic, another list, huh?  Here's mine.

All games 1CC'd on Normal.
HRtP, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN (Final A and Final B), PoFV, MoF, all 1CC'd on Hard.
HRtP and PoFV 1CC'd on Lunatic.

The Dream Twins, the Grimoire of Alice, Flandre Scarlet, Ran and Yukari Yakumo, Mokou Fujiwara, Suwako Moriya, Koishi Komeiji, Nue Houjuu, and Mamizou Futatsuiwa defeated.  The entire Prismriver Trio unlocked in PoFV.

All Last Words captured in Imperishable Night.

Not bad, I guess.  Although it's been about two, two and a half years since I started playing (when the Weather Patch for Hisoutensoku was out, not the full English Patch), I only started 1CCing more than Lotus Land Story back on July 4th of last year, with a Normal Clear of EoSD.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:02:11 PM by Kliff »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
I did it.

I captured Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Gensokyo.

That's another 1DNB.

Too bad I died to Young Demon Lord. *headdesk*

I don't think I can get any ~closer~ after this run and the one I posted above. Expect my spamposts to finally die down now.

edit: Just captured Meister in the next run. That's two runs in a row.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:30:10 PM by BT »

Oh

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Mind sharing your strategy for Meister?
What I do is start on her right for the first wave. And stream to the left.
And then I alternate between left and right.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »
I randomly decided to try MoF stage 5 with ReimuB without bombing, and unexpectedly perfected Sanae on the second attempt that reached her. Takeminakata Invocation (which I haven't memorized a path for, it's the card of Sanae's I'm least consistent at with ReimuA) suddenly seems much easier when it ends in like 50-60% of the time.

However, with ReimuB, the stage portion seems to be more difficult than Sanae is (as opposed to being mostly trivial with ReimuA), so I don't have another stage perfect yet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:02:04 PM by Karisa »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 02:02:06 PM »
Mind sharing your strategy for Meister?
What I do is start on her right for the first wave. And stream to the left.
And then I alternate between left and right.
I'm a brickhead when it comes to Meister - I don't redirect, although there are probably no drawbacks to starting on her right (I think it's better than starting to her left). Middle-(1)>Right->Left-(2)>Right->Left-(3)>Right->Left-(she fucked you over badly if it's not done yet)>etc. Sometimes she's really mean and constantly goes left when you go right. I'm guessing your strategy is this one? (3:20)

I just checked - Meister is up from 10/175 to 14/186. 4 captures in 11 runs is crazy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:01:32 PM by BT »

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
I'm a brickhead when it comes to Meister - I don't redirect, although there are probably no drawbacks to starting on her right (I think it's better than starting to her left). Middle-(1)>Right->Left-(2)>Right->Left-(3)>Right->Left-(she fucked you over badly if it's not done yet)>etc. Sometimes she's really mean and constantly goes left when you go right. I'm guessing your strategy is this one? (3:20)

I just checked - Meister is up from 10/175 to 14/186. 4 captures in 11 runs is crazy.

You can do it!  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:59 PM »
However, with ReimuB, the stage portion seems to be more difficult than Sanae is (as opposed to being mostly trivial with ReimuA), so I don't have another stage perfect yet.
Which parts are you having trouble with?  I've worked out a consistent method to every part of the stage,

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »
I have a small accomplishment in capturing Ex Keine's first spell.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=24358

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1IsIBvd8s

I probably could've done this soon, but oh well...
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:14 PM »
Which parts are you having trouble with?  I've worked out a consistent method to every part of the stage,
Pretty much anything involving the large fairies in combination with other enemies. Though I didn't say I don't know how to do it (they seem to all be back-and-forth streaming), just that they seem more difficult than Sanae is.

Chuckolator

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »
While you're offering, Sanae's 1st card. It's static, so there should be no reason why I can't do it, yet I've never captured it. :/

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »
YES

Subterranean Animism 1cc'd on Lunatic!  :dragonforce: Featuring a death on Stage 2 since 2 power isn't quite enough to finish Parsee's first attack before the safe-spot becomes dangerous.  Aside from that, I improved my power-gathering in Stage 1, learned how to consistently do the first half of Stage 3, came to terms with Terrifying Hypnotism,  and didn't timeout Vengeful Cannibal Spirit for once.  I got to Stage 6 with less than one life like my previous attempts, but this time I didn't game-over to Blazing Wheel or Utsuho's last non-spell. Glad to finally get this done :D

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
Pretty much anything involving the large fairies in combination with other enemies. Though I didn't say I don't know how to do it (they seem to all be back-and-forth streaming), just that they seem more difficult than Sanae is.
okay, there are 3 parts where the large fairies show up and shoot the walls, right?  The first has the kunai rings, the second has the yellow bullets and the third is red rice pellets.  For the kunai rings, I shoot down the 2 big fairies on the left, then 2 on the right, then 2 on the left then sit at midscreen on the left wall.  At this point the fairies that shoot the kunai rings show up, but from here we spawnkill half of them and the other half are dealt with by streaming downwards.  DASH AWAY FROM THE KUNAI AFTER THEY ARE ALL AIMED to make room to stream the yellow bullets back the other way.  The second set is done similarly, you shoot down the first big fairy then go to the center left.  This time you stream down the wall slowly, going through the gaps in the blue walls as they arise.  You'll have to stream along the bottom, and make sure you cut under the big fairy at the end.  The third part is the trickiest one for me, you want to stream back and forth (I don't remember the starting side but I think it's the right) in the very center of the screen, so all the blue walls go around you.  After the third set of pellets you can continue streaming the same direction if you want.

While you're offering, Sanae's 1st card. It's static, so there should be no reason why I can't do it, yet I've never captured it. :/
Start at the very bottom of the screen a little to the left of Sanae.  stream right.  cutback.  stream left.  cutback.  repeat until capture.

Oh, and I 1cced UFO ultra normal with ReimuA again.  This time without focus.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »
YES

Subterranean Animism 1cc'd on Lunatic!  :dragonforce: Featuring a death on Stage 2 since 2 power isn't quite enough to finish Parsee's first attack before the safe-spot becomes dangerous.  Aside from that, I improved my power-gathering in Stage 1, learned how to consistently do the first half of Stage 3, came to terms with Terrifying Hypnotism,  and didn't timeout Vengeful Cannibal Spirit for once.  I got to Stage 6 with less than one life like my previous attempts, but this time I didn't game-over to Blazing Wheel or Utsuho's last non-spell. Glad to finally get this done :D

Cooongrats!!  :D
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Chuckolator

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 02:06:48 AM »
Don't you love it when a winning run contains some really awesome dodges?

So I just perfected TD Stage 5, but I'm more inclined to be proud of the fact that I do this in the one run where I accidentally move away from the middle fairy too quickly?and survive. <_<
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:11:54 AM by Seiga Kaku »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 04:49:11 AM »
Don't you love it when a winning run contains some really awesome dodges?
Yes, I do.

(If you can't tell where the dodge is in the image, watch the video, or just look closely at where Reimu's shots from a fraction of a second ago are. As for the 52.9fps, that's what happened when I mashed the P key to take multiple screenshots while my computer was uploading a video.)

I know, MoF stage 5 doesn't have anything close to those fairies in TD stage 5, but it's still an accomplishment for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTbE_9ZdBs

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 04:52:40 AM »
Not as good as my double crazy dodge in my first perfect of that stage  :V

Chuckolator

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 05:03:26 AM »
Everyone's a winner in stage 5s today. Awesome job as always, that would have been my other choice for today's rush if not for Futo. Would have been interesting if we both did something the same day. <_<

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr