Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes  (Read 202889 times)

Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
Previous Thread (Which didn't quite reach 1000 posts)

Lets make the new thread early and see if it's allowed!

Post accomplishments here as always.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:57:53 PM by Bang Jan »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
Might as well post my achievement list.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/User:Cactu

chum

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
41 million in StB
Lunatic 1cc: PoDD (Yumemi, Reimu), LLS (Reimu), EoSD (All Shot-types), PCB (Sakuya A, Reimu B), IN (Border team), PoFV (All characters) MoF (Reimu B), SA (Reimu A), UFO (Sanae B), GFW (All routes), TD (Reimu)
355 mil extra mode in EoSD with NMNB Flandre (Marisa B)
60 mil broken on 3 routes in GFW (Lunatic)

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »
Mmkay...

Achievements: All regular Touhou games (EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO and TD) normal 1cc'd.
All of them hard cc'd too(Just did SA!) except for UFO.
Cleared extra stages of IN, TD and PCB.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »
Let's see...Everything cleared except UFO and TD lunatic, most lunatic patterns captured (working towards all of them but hitting a roadblock in  Vajra), MoF perfect stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and extra, no focus hard, no vertical hard, no bombs hard, working towards a NB lunatic, perfect PCB extra, 222/222 spells captured with Ghost Team in IN, all spells captured in TD, a whole bunch of other random crap i can't be bothered to list again.

Oh and 1DNB fights with Patchy, Sakuya (dozens), Alice, Youmu (choke on last spell), Reimu, Marisa, Reisen (a dozen), Satori, Utsuho, Seiga and Futo.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »

My personal best, a "1 Miss" run of EoSD Stage 6. I died on the second wave of Scarlet Meister, but I died a second time out of frustration (opting to shotgun her until it's over) and bombed right afterwards for the same reason (too lazy to get all my power back), so essentially a 2D1B run. That explains the end resources (2/2 instead of 4/3), but it's just as good as a 1DNB run in my books. (especially since the bomb didn't interfere with Scarlet Gensokyo - the game even factored it as a capture)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Previous Thread (Which didn't quite reach 1000 posts)

Lets make the new thread early and see if it's allowed!

Post accomplishments here as always.
Aww, I wanted to new thread :qq:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
"Scarlet Gensokyo" - 4/106
   |
   |
   V
"Scarlet Gensokyo" - 6/108

This just in: Scarlet Meister upgraded to obligatory "fuck you" godtier spell.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:34:09 PM by BT »

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
Captured Icicle Fall on Normal. That was a pretty close one.

Other than that, i'll just post here to get this thread to show up under replies.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
Marine Benefit reference in title?

:*

Aaaaanyway...let's see what I have that I feel like listing...

- Marine Benefit Normal perfect run
- PCB Extra perfect run
- All StB scenes clear at 90 FPS
- Tons of timeouts

In no particular order, not limited to these, and all main-game timeouts on 60 FPS Lunatic unless otherwise noted.

- Cloudy Way in Purple
- King Kraken Strike
- Killing Doll
- Double Death Butterfly (both PCB and SA versions)
- Deadly Dance
- Apollo 13
- Iwafune Ascending to Heaven
- Honour the Avoidance of Defiance
- Wild Deserted Island (no-horizontal)
- Tree-Ocean of Hourai
- Charming Siege from All Sides
- Mountain of Faith (Easy)
- Double Spark (90 FPS)
- Eight Million Great Rosaries of Tears
- Dance of the Stars
- Reverse Side Dream Seal
- Full Starboard on a Burning Ship
- Game of Rising
- Phoenix's Tail (90 FPS)
- Asteroid Belt
- Rising Salt Ball

Expanded from last list. Hopefully not tl;dr...

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »
Aww, I wanted to new thread :qq:

You can make the next thread.

Youtube

Tumblr

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »

I would not be offended if the artwork of this image was too beautiful to look at.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
EoSD: Patchy-Sakuya-Remilia
PCB: Alice-Prismrivers-Youmu-Yuyuko
IN: Keine-Reimu-Marisa-Reisen-Eirin-Kaguya
MoF: Kanako
SA: Yuugi-Satori-Orin-Utsuho
UFO: Kogasa-Ichirin-Murasa-Shou-Byakuren
TD: Seiga-Futo-Miko
Extra: Flandre-Yukari-Mokou-Koishi-Nue-Mamizou

Here's my list of all bosses left to perfect.  Bold means a 1DNB or ND1B fight, so there are 19 I haven't come close to (13 if you count extra bosses since I'm close to all of them just not 1 mistake close).  I'm...a lot closer than I thought I was.
So why is this an accomplishment?  Because midboss Nazrin isn't on that list.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
Here's my list of all bosses left to perfect. 
You forgot
Spoiler:
NDNB GFW Marisa
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
You forgot
Spoiler:
NDNB GFW Marisa
nope.  Maybe eventually but I'm not going through a 5 minute stage for 1 crack at a boss that I have a very low chance of getting.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Godammit all your acomplishments make me feel that mine are as crap as a banana-eating mantis

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, and Extra perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc (no-bombs), all Stages perfected
IN: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4B, and 5 perfected, Extra cleared
StB: all Scenes cleared
MoF: Lunatic 1cc (no-bombs) and 1lc, all Stages perfected
SA: Lunatic 1cc (no-bombs), all Stages perfected
UFO: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and Extra perfected
DS: all Scenes cleared as Aya and Hatate
GFW: Lunatic 1cc (all six routes, A-1 no-bombs), Extra cleared
TD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 perfected, Extra cleared
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
I would not be offended if the artwork of this image was too beautiful to look at.

That is just awesome lol

Also, as a reference:

Normals all cleared with every shottype (teams in IN, not all solos because repetetive much). Haven't really got into trying to perfect stages. EoSd, PCB, IN, UFO, TD normals cleared no focus no bomb. TD easy was pacifist no bombs (from Nitori challenge generator). Might start trying to do all shot types on hard since no focus no bomb  for MoF and SA is becoming a pain.

EDIT: MS Extra clear! This has been a pain in the ass for me for a long time, mostly because I am stubborn and REALLY like to perfect stage portions of extras. I had 4 attempts fail last night on the final attack after finally reaching it for the first time. Today I finally managed to not forget to bomb during the final phase and cleared. The sad part? IT WASN'T EVEN A HIGH SCORE... One of my runs that ended on the final attack was somewhere around 95 million and my clear only netted me 86 mil because I didn't end alices phases right to get maximum items. Also I failed easy phases (second blue one :(, purple ones) reducing my item value. God those purple phases HATE me, and they are so goddamn simple. I will probably continue to play it just so I can say I got the score counter to go into hexadecimal, since I know I am capable, having perfected the entire stage up to the cheeto laser phase once.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:54:53 PM by Chalros22 »
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »
Cleared PCB, EoSD and MoF Lunatic for the first time on one very fun weekend. I hope to get better at these games and duplicate some of the crazy perfect stage stuff that Jaimers, Funen and Zengeku and the rest of the crew get up to.

Made it to Shou today. But "to" and "past" are very, VERY different things.

Zil

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »
Here's a list of characters I've fapped to. (I know, it's lacking, but I'm working on it!)

My accomplishments. (I'm proud of them.)

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »
Well I just cleared EoSD Extra with ReimuB, which only leaves ReimuA left before I've cleared it with all shot types. I still have to unlock her first though, so I'm trying to 1cc EoSD Lunatic with her... This might take a while. My only deaths in EoSD Extra were to Flandre's last two cards, which makes me somewhat hopeful for a perfect run, but I have no patience to play through a bunch of boring stuff to see if I can capture those two in the same run. It'd be better if there were other somewhat challenging things in the stage, but the only other fun thing is Patchouli, but Flandre herself is, for the most part, boring.

As for an achievement list, since that seems to be the thing to do:
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc with MarisaB, Extra clear with all but ReimuA
PCB: Lunatic 1cc with ReimuB and MarisaA, Extra clear, Phantasm clear, all spell cards captured
IN: Lunatic 1cc with Border team, Extra clear, 75% or so spell cards captured
MoF: Lunatic 1cc with ReimuA and B, Extra clear, all spell cards captured except for VoWG and 2 of Suwako's cards
SA: Lunatic 1cc with all Reimu shot types, Extra clear, stages 1-3 perfected as ReimuA
UFO: Lunatic 1cc with SanaeB, Extra clear with all shot types
TD: Lunatic 1cc with Reimu, Extra clear with Reimu and Marisa

Oh

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 02:18:56 AM »
Well here are some that I can remember.

EoSD:
Lunatic 1cc (4/4 shot types)
Lunatic No Focus 1cc
Stage 3 NMNB/No Focus
NMNB Patchouli (2/4 shot types)
1MNB Stage 6
Hard No Focus/No Bomb 1cc (2/4 shot types)
Extra No Miss No Bomb(2/4 shot types)

PCB:
Lunatic 1cc (2/6 shot types)
Lunatic No Bombs 1cc
NMNB Stages 1-5
Extra NMNB/No Focus(2/6 shot types)
Extra NMNB (4/6 shot types)
Phantasm NMNB

IN: Lunatic 1cc, Extra NM

MoF: Lunatic 1cc (2/6 shot types)
Extra NMNB (3/6 shot types)
Extra 924M NMNB

SA: Hard 1cc, Extra clear
UFO: Normal 1cc (lol), Extra clear
TD: Lunatic 1cc, Extra clear

Haven't played any photo games or pc-98 games yet. My view on Touhou is quite narrow.
By the way, I'm never touching SA / UFO Lunatic

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:56 AM »
Not much, no Lunatics :( TBH, haven't really done anything I'm proud of except maybe *this* a little bit.

EoSD - Reimu B Normal 1cc, Marisa A Normal 1cc, Reimu B Extra 2 death 0 bomb clear (just cant perfect)
PCB - Reimu B Normal, Extra & Phantasm 1cc
IN -  Youmu/Yuyu Normal (6B) and Extra 1cc, Mari/Ali Normal (6B) 1cc, Reimu/Yukari Normal (6B) 1cc, Sakuya/Remi easy (6B) 1cc, Youmu/Yuyu Hard (6B) 1cc, Mari/Ali Extra clear, Reimu/yukari Extra clear, Reimu solo Hard (6B) 1cc, Yukari solo easy (6B) 1cc
All spells unlocked except 6B Lunatic ones, all captured except Imperishable Shooting and 222, Possessed by Phoenix no focus capture with Youmu/Yuyu, Fujiyama Volcano Ultra capture with Youmu/Yuyu, *Fujiyama Volcano 90 fps no focus timeout with Youmu/Yuyu*, Fujiyama Volcano 120 fps no vertical capture Yukari solo IIRC, Fujiyama Volcano 180 fps capture with Youmu/Yuyu and Yukari solo, Remi's Last word 90 fps timeout with Youmu/Yuyu (lol)
MoF - Needle Reimu Normal & Extra 1cc
SA - Reimu A Normal 1cc
UFO - Needle Reimu and Laser Marisa Normal up to Byakuren's second spell IIRC.

Kinda-sorta trying (read: would like to but have no motivation or ability to keep trying)
EoSD - Hard 1cc with Reimu B or Marisa A, Reimu B Extra Perfect, Reimu B no bombs Ultra Extra clear, Reimu B Pacifist Extra
PCB - Hard 1cc with Missile Marisa or Sakuya A (best I've done is 1st continue at stage 5 then 3 more at Yuyu with Marisa, 4th "real" attempt)
IN - Fujiyama Volcano 120 fps timeout with either Youmu/Yuyu or Yukari solo, ****ing hard
UFO - Normal 1cc with Needle Reimu or Laser Marisa
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:36:33 AM by Massaca »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »
Oh, it's that tiem again.

PCB:
-Normal 1cc with all B-Type shots
-All Normal maingame spells captured
-Extra Clear with Reimu-B and Sakuya-B
-Phantasm Clear with Reimu-B
-Hard 5cc with Reimu B is pretty normal for me to pull off, so it's a start

MoF
-Normal 1cc with Reimu B
-Extra (stage only) clear, also Reimu B
-All Normal maingme spells captured

Uh...Yeah, that's pretty much all.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 05:40:02 AM »
My latest accomplishment: I finally perfected Ran (same policy as my Suwako run, bombing for score during the stage portion allowed). I would have had this a while ago if it weren't for Charming Siege ending so many attempts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVtQQTJ_k

Accomplishment list? Here goes:
- All* standard Touhou games 1cc on Lunatic, plus HRtP and GFW
    *defined as integer games from 4-8, 10+
- 1DNBNT TD Hard in a full run
- MoF Hard no-death 1cc
- Perfect Nue, Flandre, Suwako, Ran
- Perfect stage 3 in MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, TD, SA, MoF
- Perfect stage 5 in PCB

Hmm... seems a little short. I wonder if I'm forgetting something.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
Well okay. Serious list time:

Cleared all games on Lunatic except for the first three ones because they suck and Mystic Square because it's fucking boring until you hit Stage 5. Tried once. Got to one of Shinki's final attacks. Then my soul was crushed at the thought of going through early stages again.

Cleared all scenes in Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler, in the case of the latter game: many times and with both characters.

No-bomb clears of MoF and SA Lunatic. Both remarkably kuso in their own right. Maybe a better one of MoF will happen one day because at least that game's early game doesn't drive me nuts with slow-paced tedious bullshit.

Timeouts of... a few things worthy of mention. VoWG, SFN, UBS and probably some other stuff i'm failing to remember right now.

No-miss no-bomb no-trances no-cherry border breaks for all bosses except for:

Patchouli, Sakuya, Remilia, Flandre, Yukari, Kaguya, Eirin, Reimu, Mokou, Byakuren, Futo, Miko and Mamizou

In other words, a collection of dickheads who hides behind stupidly crap stages, only one hard/possibly stupid attack in an otherwise boring/possibly hard battle, using crap hitboxes or just being a general pain in the ass. I think this description suits those bosses fairly well. List doesn't include the PC98 games for obvious reasons.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
Are fangame accomplishments ok? I'm pretty crap at the canon games but have spent an inordinate amount of time challenging myself on doujin games.

I did manage to 1cc UFO on hard and capture every card along the way last night, though. First time I've done that on any game :V

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
Double post, i apologize but I've actually got an accomplishment for once. Not a perfect accomplishment, it's filled with stupid but an accomplishment still. Murasa. Pacifist. 2 deaths.

This would normally be a worthless performance but the thing is that the 2 deaths were on 2nd non-spell and the final spell. The shitty survival one. It's my fifth battle with her since trying this so everything considered i'm pretty satisfied for now.

I'll probably return to try for perfect pacifism but I survived everything in the battle that's worth mentioning so similarly with the SA Stage 5 No-miss All attacks captured run I'll accept this for now.

Also because my performance on Vortex and 3rd non was pretty cool. If nothing else, I'll upload the three attacks that actually went right because I think that those might be worth a watch.

By the way, I'm never touching SA / UFO Lunatic

Why not? If you seriously started playing in January of 2012 then you've become quite decent quite fast. Which means you're either quite dedicated or quite talented. It would be a shame if you didn't spend some of that on SA or UFO Lunatic. They are great games and a really tough challenge. Don't miss out.

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
1 power capture of LFS

Putting it here because it's that awesome

Youtube

Tumblr