Author Topic: WTF, YouTube had drunk?  (Read 12569 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
WTF, YouTube had drunk?
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
Maybe I'm just slightly slowpoke.
I think, you know that YouTube has a lot of touhou music, there's even specialized channels (e. g. Louchan2, PineappleDisciple) there. Wanting to hear PoFV Yuuka's theme I've searched it, found familiar video from Louchan2, tried to open it, and (what?) found out that it's copyrighted.

Copyright claim by Zun? Sound like something from another universe.

...Ow. (noted that here is "Zun", not usual "ZUN")
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:11:24 PM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Cor

Re: WTF, YouTube had drunken?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
ZUN actually has filed copyright claims for his albums on Youtube before, but that definitely seems like somebody not-ZUN.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: WTF, YouTube had drunken?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I think that sometimes someone creates a fake-account as an enterprise agent and ask to youtube to block the copyrighted-content just for the lulz. I guess that youtube system/staff can notice that the account which requested it is fake and make the video come back again one day. 
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Swiftwater

• Licking sweet bean paste, filled with sweet bean paste!!
  • You can even taste it on the outside...
Re: WTF, YouTube had drunk?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
Are there any others which are also copyrighted?

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
Probably some white knight type unless ZUN's gotten considerably more aggressive.

I remember one time before someone flagged a video of Alice's dolls singing the Loco Roco theme despite the video being on Nicodouga legitly. Killjoy. >:(

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 11:45:40 PM »
That's pathetic. Hope it gets sorted out soon enough.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
  • Touhou Fan, US Army NG Veteran & NICET Certified,
    • What I am up to~
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »
Ah yes, those.

So far this is my favorite so far.

(One of my community members has suffered this attack)

Also, it seems like this "Fake ZUN" has it out for Yuuka.

On my end, 3 different e-mails was written, one to the "claimant" one to Youtube and one for the counter-defense for the "claim"

So, tips include posting ZUN's Website and ZUN's Terms of Use

If you know anyone who can provide such material as the one I posted above, do so; we can better denounce any fake ZUN activity.

Condolences to the takedowns!

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
YukaHeartKazami@gmail.com
SERIOUSLY!?!?
And why would he call himself as Zun with one capital letter?

Dammit I weep for humanity...
e: It's only a matter of time before gameplay videos get flagged...

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
At least being an annoying troll is very in-character for someone using Yuuka's name. :getdown:

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
I don't get it...

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
I don't get it...

Yuuka has a rep as one of the trolliest Touhous, you see...

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
Yuuka has a rep as one of the trolliest Touhous, you see...
What about Yukari  :getdown:

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
What about Yukari  :getdown:

Yukari's more of a mess-with-your-head troll whereas Yuuka is a HAHAHA YOU SUCK AND I WILL KICK SAND IN YOUR FACE SOMEDAY troll.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
Eh ... it's kind of rich to call someone a white-knighting troll for flagging things that are legitimately breaking ZUN's terms.

The stuff that he considers fair use, though, by all means appeal that.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
I was calling them a white-knighting troll because they seemed to be singling out Yuuka-centric works for deletion, which means that either A) they're sane and search for/wind up finding a lot of Yuuka vids that shouldn't be there which is a normal response, or B) they're NOT sane and trying to defend actual Yuuka somehow which is NOT a normal response.

'cause I've definitely seen crazy stuff like the latter before.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
I hope the vidya will get put back up. Great music should never be taken down.
I was calling them a white-knighting troll because they seemed to be singling out Yuuka-centric works for deletion, which means that either A) they're sane and search for/wind up finding a lot of Yuuka vids that shouldn't be there which is a normal response, or B) they're NOT sane and trying to defend actual Yuuka somehow which is NOT a normal response.

'cause I've definitely seen crazy stuff like the latter before.
Why Yuka though?

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »

Or maybe they just have a desire to get videos taken down by so-called fans who break ZUN's already pretty relaxed TOS, and most of those videos pertain to Yuuka in some way.

They could be "trolling" in the sense that they know this will get a reaction out of people, maybe. But "whiteknighting" kind of implies they're overstepping bounds and ruining peoples' fun for no good reason. To that I'd say, if this person is flagging videos that are totally fair use, yeah, that's a crappy thing to do and appeals to YouTube should be made. But if the stuff being taken down actually is violating copyright, well, doesn't really leave much room to complain, does it?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
Or maybe they just have a desire to get videos taken down by so-called fans who break ZUN's already pretty relaxed TOS, and most of those videos pertain to Yuuka in some way.

They could be "trolling" in the sense that they know this will get a reaction out of people, maybe. But "whiteknighting" kind of implies they're overstepping bounds and ruining peoples' fun for no good reason. To that I'd say, if this person is flagging videos that are totally fair use, yeah, that's a crappy thing to do and appeals to YouTube should be made. But if the stuff being taken down actually is violating copyright, well, doesn't really leave much room to complain, does it?

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, what I was trying to say was that if they were a crazy-fan that they were white-knighting Yuuka, not ZUN. :v:

I HOPE that makes sense. (At any rate your explanation is the more plausible of the two and I really shouldn't post about copyright issues before breakfast is eaten.)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
I was wondering which video went missing from my playlist.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:28 AM »
Uh-oh, I've had enough unhappiness in the past with Touhou videos being deleted...   :ohdear:

At least we know it's not the real ZUN... possibly.
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »
Might be having a brain fart, but shouldn't it be copyright "Team Shangai Alice" rather than ZUN anyway?

Tengukami

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:07 AM »
I think at this point no one actually believes ZUN is clicking through YouTube looking for copyright violations.

But yeah, it would be Team Shanghai Alice; not "Zun".

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:21:59 AM »
I think at this point no one actually believes ZUN is clicking through YouTube looking for copyright violations.

But yeah, it would be Team Shanghai Alice; not "Zun".
Exactly. The album songs are taken off at the name of Team Shanghai Alice, not "Zun". This is just ridiculous.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »
Might be having a brain fart, but shouldn't it be copyright "Team Shangai Alice" rather than ZUN anyway?
I stognly agree with this. Why would someone for example flag something and give their nickname as who flagged it, instead of the company that person is in?

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
    • What I am up to~
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »
Eh not sure.

I am helping the victim of the attack as best I can.

She does not want to do the counter-claim as it reveals too many details to the fake ZUN.

Any advice guys?

Things like this always upsets me because it it mean-spirited; the two works she put up are remixes which complies with real ZUN's TOS...

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
Personally, I've wondered about this. In a situation where you know the person is a fake, why not respond with fake info?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »
Things like this always upsets me because it it mean-spirited; the two works she put up are remixes which complies with real ZUN's TOS...

Are they remixes she made? If not, I don't see why the situation should be much different from ZUN's actual works being uploaded. In the same fashion that ZUN minds his works being uploaded because it's a violation of his ToS, it possibly offends the circles whose remixes wind up on Youtube, so I really wouldn't throw too great a tantrum because of this if they aren't her works.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
YukaHeartKazami@gmail.com
SERIOUSLY!?!?

Yukari's more of a mess-with-your-head troll whereas Yuuka is a HAHAHA YOU SUCK AND I WILL KICK SAND IN YOUR FACE SOMEDAY troll.

Someone must have kicked sand in the face of the youtube guys to them not notice this fake account :P

Eh not sure.

I am helping the victim of the attack as best I can.

She does not want to do the counter-claim as it reveals too many details to the fake ZUN.

Any advice guys?

I don't know how to help you, but I am curious about what do you have to reveal to do the counter-claim?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »
Or maybe Google doesn't know touhou at all and that's why they fell for this? It's not like everyone on the internet knows of the series.

Just counter-claim guys, and the guy won't really have much to say anything about it on the fan-made stuff that's not his official works (ie music).

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
    • What I am up to~
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
Are they remixes she made? If not, I don't see why the situation should be much different from ZUN's actual works being uploaded. In the same fashion that ZUN minds his works being uploaded because it's a violation of his ToS, it possibly offends the circles whose remixes wind up on Youtube, so I really wouldn't throw too great a tantrum because of this if they aren't her works.

Nope, they are not her remixes.
I find it interesting though that said circles would pose to be ZUN though.
The use of it was to RP on Youtube.
I'd hate to see her get shut down; I submit to you the others should follow then and take down whatever is not theirs, right? :V

Personally, I've wondered about this. In a situation where you know the person is a fake, why not respond with fake info?

I have a sneaky feeling Youtube will not take kindly at that.

Someone must have kicked sand in the face of the youtube guys to them not notice this fake account :P

I don't know how to help you, but I am curious about what do you have to reveal to do the counter-claim?

You must reveal your name, address, phone number, e-mail... and other unplesaent things.
I say unpleasant because Youtube gives this information to the claimant aka Fake Zun

Also

"After we receive your counter notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter notification to any party other than the original claimant.

After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 business days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on YouTube. If we receive such notification we will be unable to restore the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may reinstate the material."

seems rather eerie to me.

Or maybe Google doesn't know touhou at all and that's why they fell for this? It's not like everyone on the internet knows of the series.

Just counter-claim guys, and the guy won't really have much to say anything about it on the fan-made stuff that's not his official works (ie music).

Yeah... but if it was me, I would hate to have some weirdo I don't even know to have my contact info... It creeps me out thinking about it.

This looks interesting though

Thanks for your support guys!