Author Topic: New official manga announced, "Forbidden Scrollery"  (Read 87271 times)

Re: New official manga announced, "Forbidden Scrollery"
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
It's when she identifies with the biggest bibliophile in Gensokyo and ends up acting, and dressing like her to the point of pretending she has asthma.

Rather than respecting Patchouli, I'd expect her to see her as a rival. "You may have more books, but my books are better. Quality over quantity you pajama-wearing fool!" And then she sticks her tongue out cuz she's a kid.

Actually, it's very hard for me to imagine her having any respect for Patchouli whatsoever. She seems to look down on youkai as unimportant.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: New official manga announced, "Forbidden Scrollery"
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2013, 03:00:04 AM »
Rather than respecting Patchouli, I'd expect her to see her as a rival. "You may have more books, but my books are better. Quality over quantity you pajama-wearing fool!" And then she sticks her tongue out cuz she's a kid.

Actually, it's very hard for me to imagine her having any respect for Patchouli whatsoever. She seems to look down on youkai as unimportant.
By this point in the story, being that she is turning into a youkai, she would have lost her own sense of identity, and so would be trying to cling on to any vestige of sensibility she could find. Inside, she still loves books but finds her old loves incompatible with the new life that's being thrust upon her. She sees Pathchouli as a role model, that even an unimportant creatures like a youkai can be a bibliophile.