Author Topic: Gensoukyou no Nazo  (Read 9786 times)

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
Gensoukyou no Nazo
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »
Is a fangame made by 激辛spice... a really good one at that. If you've played the game, you best just be skipping this here paragraph and move on to the next one. It's reminiscent of the Megaman series in the sense that you have various powers, however, these powers are different characters! The game has about 30 characters, from TH6-TH10, each with their own moveset. You only start with Reimu and Marisa, but as you progress through the game you fight other characters who will join your party. The game is also 2-player, cooperatively, but I've never tried it myself seeing as it requires a single keyboard... Though it would certainly help to have a friend along the way. The world is massive a big maze with various shortcuts and split paths.

What I was wondering is if anyone has some kind of map for me. Because this game is a massive maze! I've beaten the game and am missing a few characters (Alice, Mokou, Yukari, and 1 other I do not know). I know some general areas they'd be, like Mokou is near Eientei where Keine was I would imagine, but I just can't find out where. If someone could tell me whereabouts those character can be found or hand me a map, I would be grateful. I've been searching forever ;-;

That aside, feel free to discuss the game here if you'd like. The game doesn't require an English patch, seeing as the only dialogue is at the beginning and the rest is pretty straight forward.
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
Re: Gensoukyou no Nazo
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »
I've cleared this game too (not 100% map and item, but I got all character).

You can get Alice beginning of the game (go left from area 1), Mokou at area 210, start from area 201 (BEWARE : Mokou area is the most bullshit area ever), Yukari when you finish the game (area 90+, and she's the last one, and hardest to recruit), and last one Suwako, I guess (go back to area where you beat Kanako, and go right to enter new area).
After recruit Suwako, you can go to Yukari's area.

I forgot the exact location to enter Mokou area, but I remember you can access area 201 from Kaguya area, if not, maybe from Kanako area. Try double-check it.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »
Ah, thanks a bunch!

I only need Suwako and Yukari now, and I'm currently in the location Suwako is found in. I don't quite know what I was thinking when I only went right from the starting area without trying left ;^^ Agreed with Mokou's area there. However, Mokou herself wasn't too difficult. She was found in the same general area Kaguya was, by the way. So, yeah. Thanks again~
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »
Mokou's area was the only place I didn't like.  Yukari is a pretty tough boss. She was one-hitting my Youmu who had all the HP orbs she could have.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:13 AM »
Just as a note, this game is based off the Famicom game "Atlantis no Nazo" (Translated: "Mystery of Atlantis"). There are obvious differences such as the character system and having an actual HP bar, but things like the convoluted map connections, how the secrets are hidden, and even how both Cirno and Daiyousei's shot attacks work are pretty much exactly the same as Atlantis no Nazo.

Anyways, I'll just put this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6CYIApJLRQ

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:54:18 AM »
Really? I was getting a Kirby and the Amazing Mirror vibe from this game.

E: After doing research I see the similarities.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:56:07 AM by Hinacle »

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 03:26:50 AM »
Now that you mention it, it does seem very similar. I've never played the game myself, but I've seen it on GameCenter CX.

I'll continue to watch your playthrough, seeing as I need to beat the game myself again anyway (data loss is a wonderful thing).

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »
Does anybody know what happens when all characters are dead and there are no more 1Ups?

Is it impossible to get Yukari on Easy mode?
Signature

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 04:16:51 AM »
in the Boss Challenge you can fight a COMPLETELY different Yukari which is easier. So, I you can get to that area earlier

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20:03 AM »
I meant if it is impossible to have Yukari join your party on Easy mode.
Signature

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 04:21:09 AM »
No she joins. I did my first play through on Easy

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »
Ah, must've been because of one of the bugs in 1.01a. Too bad. Feels weird to have a hole in the character roster.

One of the bad things about this game is that you can't reset the bossdata.dat and the medaldata.dat without overwriting them with a clean one.
On a side note, latest version is 1.01d.
Signature

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
Do you need 2 controllers to play multiplayer?

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »
You can use keyboard and controller if you manage to set your controller to player 2 in the controller select screen. I've only managed to set it up by having two controllers, setting Controller 2 to Player 1, and then Controller 1 to Player 2. Player 1 always has keyboard enabled, so you can ditch Controller 2 afterwards.
If you don't have the two controllers required to do this, I guess a config file for it could be uploaded somewhere.

On another note, latest patch is 1.01e now. Looks to be more bug fixes.