Author Topic: Any thoughts on this video?  (Read 5080 times)

Any thoughts on this video?
« on: August 19, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
[nsfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HemSRpV2_U[/nsfw]

Meet Alice the serial killer!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:19:07 PM by Tengukami »

Re: Any thoughts on this video?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 02:40:01 AM »
It's like a bad fan-fiction. Seriously with all the Marisa and Alice scene at the beginning and the random Reincarnation remix playing the background. 

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Saw this many moons ago. Kind of over the whole "Alice is yandere for Marisa" thing, to be honest.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
One of the first couple of videos I remember seeing when I got into Touhou

Not really a fan of Yandere Alice, it's too extreme

Cor

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
God, I was trying to forget this existed. I don't like it at all, it makes no sense. Okay, I get it, it's not cool to shit on someone's marriage proposal but common sense ain't outlawed.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:39 PM »
I'm not sure what it says about me that I can imagine Alice having a cold-blooded murderer streak but not a crazy jealous lover streak.

I blame Fuantei. :V

As for the video...Uch. Something about it rubs me the wrong way. I think it's trying too hard.

EDIT: Just got to the part where
Spoiler:
Alice walks into the horrible rape dungeon and shows Reimu's severed head to Marisa.
Yeaaaaah, trying WAY too hard.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:11:09 PM by Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist »

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 02:16:19 AM »
I can't stand yandere characters- normally I'd say generally, because even abusive tsundere or mary sue characters can be fine if handled well, but I've never seen an instance of one that didn't instantly ruin my enjoyment of whatever work it was in.

Music was good though.

Zil

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »
I see it was uploaded on "Alice Day," the pedophile holiday.

>_>
<_<

Maybe that's a coincidence though.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
What about yandere Alice played purely for comedy's sake? :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 05:20:18 AM »
It's a pretty tired joke, to be honest. And this video isn't even making any jokes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
Stuff like this is just too much for me, and that's a rare thing.  It almost feels like it is going for shock value or something...

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
It's a pretty tired joke, to be honest. And this video isn't even making any jokes.

Yeaaah, I was talking more about things like Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for Busy People, where Alice has pasted Marisa face printouts to her dolls and is using them for..."Practice."

This, OTOH, is twisted, wretched and a bit lame. It's lame because you could swap out any number of other characters for Alice and it would be almost entirely the same. It's such a stupidly cookie-cutter type of yandere.

And for goodness' sake, it says in PMISS that while she does live off by herself in the Forest of Magic she's also friendly and helpful to people who get lost in there and will shelter them from the things outside.

If people want a creepy Alice why didn't they latch onto that one pic of her and Shanghai Doll hammering voodoo dolls into trees? Or the implication that she was the culprit in Dolls in Pseudo-Paradise?

WINNERS DON'T DO BADFIC!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:20:40 PM by Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist »

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
Well Doll's in Pseudo Paradise is a CD that came with a story so I doubt it's widely read in the first place (besides the Renko,Maribel CD's) and the only fan-work (that I can recall) that references voodoo dolls is Marisa Stole the Precious Thing.

Also DiPP's story is pretty abstract, you can see it all as Alice or each story segment being about the character from each song and it brings up stuff that isn't seen anywhere else like the girl that looks like the girl (from the western-styled mansion) when she was young

So most people simply get a creepy Alice from the yandere-lovey stuff, since it's more simple.

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
...and the only fan-work (that I can recall) that references voodoo dolls is Marisa Stole the Precious Thing.

There's the official (ZUNart?) one from her bohemian archive in japanese red article

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
BAiJR was written by ZUN himself so I don't really call it a fan-work despite the picture not being drawn by him.

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
  • Touhou Fan, US Army NG Veteran & NICET Certified,
    • What I am up to~
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »
BAiJR was written by ZUN himself so I don't really call it a fan-work despite the picture not being drawn by him.

Oh, so in the sense of stuff being more "canonically accepted" BAiJR would place higher in comparison to works such as Seihou?

Perhaps it is unfair since the two are fundamentally different, but I always found the gray areas rather amusing.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »
Why would it need to be a fan work though? You could use easily use something canonical instead of making stuff up to do fanworks.
I mean, you don't see many people avoiding the klepto-marisa thing just because ZUN made it up instead of a fan.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
I like yandere stories and characters, but this was just laughable. Not only is it bland and trying too hard, the extreme derp faces of all the characters ruin the mood entirely.

Not to mention some of the deaths are so over the top it becomes hilarious.
Spoiler:
Like Meiling looking like she was disintegrated from the waist up. How did Alice pull that off anyway?

Edit: Just finished watching the other parts.

>
Spoiler:
Marisa killing herself by biting her own tongue off, bleeding to death in record time.

> mfw

I mean, that was just... wat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:21:44 PM by OkashiiKisei »

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
@Haoreos2
For it somewhat needing to be a fan-work is because canon works mainly surround the Hakurei Shrine group (+sometimes the bigger groups SDM,Moriya's etc) so other characters are one-shots in any games or books they appear in. For some you only see a certain characteristic shown once out of their multiple appearances so it doesn't end up sticking for Portrayals outside of Canon

Through fan-works using canon elements/characteristics (in this case Alice with some creepiness and voodoo stuff) there would end up being more awareness of this characteristic and well more fans would use it, so therefore creepyness can be used and seen without having to be all Yandere.

For Klepto-Marisa, it's been used pretty consistently in her appearances in both work types (UFO and TD and well too many to say in Fan Works) so her fan portrayal of her has sorta stuck

@OkashiiKisei
Spoiler:
I think she chocked to death on her tongue and blood

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
How did this whole yandere alice thing start,anyway?

Video so dark and edgy it'd slice you up  walking through an alley way, because it was too dark for you to see it.