Author Topic: A Touhou Starcraft game by Neetpia, so it seems.  (Read 7212 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
A Touhou Starcraft game by Neetpia, so it seems.
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

source: neetpia.sakura.ne.jp

Upon checking Neetpia's official homepage I have noticed a new game they seem to be developing called: とうほう☆ストラテジー~LotusCraft~ ("Touhou ☆ Strategy ~ LotusCraft ~") or basically: Touhou Starcraft.

Neetpia has been relatively known for their Touhou spin-off "Age of Ethanols" which has been successfully completed by the circle. Now it seems they are aiming for a star craft imitation with Touhou girls. I am not a starcraft player myself, so I wouldn't know how the gameplay would look/feel in comparison to the original. Unfortunately my Japanese fails on the note, they were suppose to be releasing a trial version at Comiket 82 and it seems also the winter Comiket date is mentioned.

Official temporary page: http://neetpia.sakura.ne.jp/works/toust/index.html (screenshots can be seen here)
Neetpia's homepage: http://neetpia.sakura.ne.jp/index.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:36:11 PM by Helepolis »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: A Touhou Starcraft game by Neetpia, so it seems.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL FAITH PILLARS! ??

It's the same engine as Ethanols isn't it?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
Not sure about the technical details, but judging from the screenshots they could be heavily reusing the same engine. (Would make sense I guess).

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
Doesn't look much like starcraft to me. :/
Unless its gonna be starcraft with hero units.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:15 PM »
They dared to include cliffs, maybe that means they got better pathing?

I really wanted to get into Boushuen but after a few updates it became unplayable unless you change your computer settings to moon.