Author Topic: Patching PC-98 touhou games  (Read 16122 times)

Patching PC-98 touhou games
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:22:10 AM »
Hi there, it's my first post here and I'm already asking for assistance, how do you get an avatar? I went in Profile but I didn't see it.  :V

More seriously, I'm currently with a few other people creating a solid french fanbase for Touhou.
(in France, Touhou fans are somewhat divised, but it's another story)
Our site (touhou.net) consider of creating french patchs for the games, however, hacking PC98 Roms (.hdi) is much harder than creating patchs for the windows games, since I don't even know where to start.
For now, I want to make a patch for HRtP (I saw both good endings btw) and I know that someone achieved an english patch to this game. So I'm consulting the larger english forum on Touhou to gather some help/information on how to create these patchs.
I would be very grateful if you could enlight me.

ps: and also about getting an avatar.

pps: also, ask a french touhoufag anything  ;D

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Patching PC-98 touhou games
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
Hi there, it's my first post here and I'm already asking for assistance, how do you get an avatar? I went in Profile but I didn't see it.  :V
You need 10 posts to upload one.
That, or someone with POWER will do it for you.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »
Well, that's a first answer, thx.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
Wait, just noticed something.
Our site (touhou.net)
You are the guys that have been hosting the latest patches?

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
Er, nope. Most patchs are being created by Gensokyo.org and they can be downloaded on poolshmer's wiki.

The patchs we want to create are french translations of the games.

There isn't any french patch for now.

Gpop

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »
You're french? You should talk to Darkhedge more.

Secondly, if you're willing to try to make french translation patches for the PC-98 games, maybe you guys could make an english patch as well? It'll be a good enough reason for me to re-install PC-98 games.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 02:10:22 AM »
I know darkhedge well, but I'm not sure that he knows about that. I shall ask him tomorrow.

also, There's already an english patch for HRtP but it's rather incomplete, and I can't figure the tools he used to create it.

If I found how to make PC-98 patches, I will probably make an English version since translation isn't the most difficult.

DarkHedge

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
DEITY! You here! Dohohohohoho. [/offtopic]

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »
Speaking of patches, I hear on good authority that English patches for LLS and MS are being made. Of course, knowing who's making them, it could be a while yet before they are released. :P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Easy Mode

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 08:19:03 AM »
Waitaminute... A patch for MS? And LLS? I was kind of hoping SoEW would be translated, too. But I guess that's still good. c:

DarkHedge

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »
Er, nope. Most patchs are being created by Gensokyo.org and they can be downloaded on poolshmer's wiki.

The patchs we want to create are french translations of the games.

There isn't any french patch for now.

There hasn't been any kind of french patch on ANY game, that said. I'd like, still. Even more if I could help.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
Speaking of patches, I hear on good authority that English patches for LLS and MS are being made. Of course, knowing who's making them, it could be a while yet before they are released. :P

If you know those who are creating these games, can you ask them which tools they are using please?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 06:10:29 AM »
I've asked him a while ago and am awaiting a response.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
then Wait&See.