Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires  (Read 210215 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
New thread huh?

Alright. Hold on;

- Lunatic 1cc's of LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW Routes A1, A2 and B1 and of course Ten Desires.
- Extra clears: All outside of PoFV and SoEW.
- Other than that I got some cool time outs including SFN, VoWG or Unseasonable Butterfly Storm. A 1 billion score in MoF Lunatic and various perfect boss battles. Still missing Byakuren, Kaguya, Eirin and Remilia. Oh and Miko and Futo why not. Other than those I should have perfects of all Lunatic bosses in the windows series.

Pretty burnt out here. I haven't got much reason to play shmup until either A; I get a hold of Mushihimesama again or B: ZUN makes a game similar to UFO in terms of difficulty.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
Accomplishment list? Lunatic 1ccs of all standard shooters in the series (except SoEW) + GFW and HRtP, all Extra clears (including PoFV), NDNB UFO Extra, MoF Hard no-death 1cc, and various random scoring attempts (the one I'm most proud of currently is probably MoF Easy ReimuA 1.3 billion, though reaching A2 million in MS Normal is also up there). That sounds about right.

Anyway, captured almost every SA Hard card I hadn't captured already (with the exception of Satori's non-ReimuA cards, I'll get around to them later) in the same full run. Still missing Double Black Death Butterfly for some reason, though, even after attempting it various times in stage practice afterward...

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Hmm, my past accomplishments consist of:
EoSD: Normal 1cc with ReimuB
PCB: Normal 1cc with ReimuB + Extra & Phantasm clears
IN: Hard 1cc with Youmu&Yuyu and Reimu solo, Extra cleared with Reimu&Yukari, Marisa&Alice and a few with Youmu&Yuyu. [ur=http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2719/th074.pngl]All spells cleared except 205 & 222 with Youmu&Yuyu[/url] (except the 6B Lunatics cause I can't even get to Final B). And Fujiyama Volcano 90 fps no focus timeout with Youmu&Yuyu.
MoF: Normal 1cc with whichever Reimu has the needle shot
SA: Normal 1cc with Reimu&Yukari
UFO: Stage 4 boss on Normal with Reimu (needle shot) and Sanae B. Can't do it >_>
Haven't even started StB, DS or TD yet.

So, jack crap :fail:

Best six million points I've ever earned.

Hey, congrats mate. Bet it does feel great after all that. Will make sure to watch it tomorrow ^_^
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:56:33 PM by Massaca »

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
It's been awhile folks, though I haven't done a whole lot concerning Touhou, aside a few fangames. And it's time for another list, eh?

SoEW: Hard Clear, Extra clear
LLS: Hard Clear, Extra Clear
MS: Hard Clear
EoSD: Hard Clear (Lunatic attempts up until Scarlet Gensokyo), Extra clear
PCB: Lunatic Clear, Extra & Phantasm Clear
IN: Hard Clear, Extra Clear
PoFV: Lunatic Clear (Youmu, Reimu, Aya, Medicine), Extra Clear
StB: all clear (and suffering under Ultra)
MoF: Hard Clear (Lunatic attempts up until VoWG), Extra Clear
SA: Hard Clear
UFO: Normal Clear (Hard attempts up to Byakuren)
GFW: Lunatic Clear of A1, A2, B1 (...and a quick look at the second and third stage bossfight in B2 reveals that this adventure hasn't even started yet), Extra Clear
DS: all clear
TD: Hard clear, Extra Clear

+ various timeouts (most notable: SFN no-focus with Reimu)

* bold = new

Not a lot has changed as I'm having trouble motivating myself to actually play any of the "conventional" games, so I'm kinda limited to PoFV and GFW right now.

Oh

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »
EoSD: Lunatic Clear, Extra NDNB
PCB: Hard Clear, Extra NDNBNBB, Phantasm NDNBNBB
IN: Lunatic Clear, Extra ND
MoF: Lunatic Clear, Extra NDNB
SA: Normal Clear, Extra Clear
UFO: Normal Clear, Extra Clear
TD: Lunatic Clear, Extra Clear

Haven't played any photo games.... yet

Recently...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pb_HCxSNr4
Perfect stage 3 EoSD, very fun.

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 10:20:24 PM »
You can't continue on or into 6B.

Em, can't you continue while you're already in 6B... that is, you already made it past Stage 5 and made your choice, but you lose your last life during stage 6B, and the continue doesn't make you reach 5:00

I was under the impression Cirno was a Bad Character, but apparently she kills Shiki better than Reisen does. ... 1:30 as opposed to 2:00 is a mammoth of a difference. .______.

Cirno is better than Reisen at hitting the AI (when it's still trying to dodge, not when it decides to get hit), because Cirno is in the "rarely" category while Reisen is in "never" category. But I kind of doubt that's it because it's a hit like every 10 minutes with Cirno, he probably just got lucky
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:24:08 PM by Star King »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 10:24:04 PM »
Em, can't you continue while you're already in 6B... that is, you already made it past Stage 5 and made your choice, but you lose your last life during stage 6B, and the continue doesn't make you reach 5:00
Nope-running out of lives in 6B is an automatic bad ending.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »
Don't you need a lunatic 1cc to have unlocked all of 6B's cards?
Oh, I didn't knew that you could delete your progress when I started playing touhou, and my score.dat already had some cards cleared and a lunatic 1cc with Magic Team, and when I discovered about the score.dat thing, I didn't want to delete my progress because I already had captured some spells. I still went and re-cleared the ones that were already cleared, though.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
Just had a run of lunatic Kaguya where I failed only Buddhist Diamond, Life Spring Infinity and Hourai Jewel (the latter 2 because derp).
I got Dragon's Necklace and the third nonspell in the same run though O.O

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »

Best six million points I've ever earned.

Didn't notice the double post, but if a mod wants to take away my victory combine the two I wouldn't care.

Are you saying this is the perfect clear you were aiming for? Congrats!

Spoiler:
Who are you going to perfect next? Because once you start you can't stop :evil:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:08:06 PM by Star King »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »
PCB Ultra-Extra Clear! (Without automatic deathbombs)

Honestly this is a good accomplishment.

I pulled quite a bit of failure, such as Kokkuri-San's Contract, Princess Tenko, and Shikigami "Chen".

BUT

I captured Chen's midboss nonspell and a good bit of Ran's doable cards.

Replay is downloadable here~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:16:39 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 02:56:32 AM »
barely got a Normal 1cc on PCB, but a clear is a clear :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22787
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Zil

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54:33 AM »
The list of my accomplishments. (In acronym form because that's the cool thing these days and totally isn't confusing.)

PODDALCNMUFONFBBSSNBB1LPCBNMND fuck it

Chiyuri run. That's the coolest thing I've done.

And hey Cirno is a kick-ass character. Probably the second best scoring potential in the game (behind Eiki) and you can last forever without having to dodge anything thanks to her freezing effect. I might go so far as to call her ~broken~ but maybe that's a bit of an overstatement. If Aya, Medi, and Eiki didn't exist I'd call Cirno broken for sure, comparing her to everyone else who isn't those three.

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »
barely got a Normal 1cc on PCB, but a clear is a clear :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22787
Very nice. A lot of the dodging was fantastic. The only real problem was that you tended to use your resources poorly; I saw a lot of unused bombs, and bombs used immediately after dying for some reason.

That being said, holy crap Resurrection Butterfly.

Oh, and PS: you might want to rewatch Stage 2, near the beginning. There was a dodge in there that I had to watch multiple times to see what even happened. You might want to submit that to the luck thread. :3

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »
Spoiler:
Who are you going to perfect next? Because once you start you can't stop :evil:
I'm well aware of that already. Some stage will probably come to me in a few days.

Speaking of which, would some kind soul be willing to record it for me? Had a friend do my others, but he's sick of doing them for me. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
I'm well aware of that already. Some stage will probably come to me in a few days.

Speaking of which, would some kind soul be willing to record it for me? Had a friend do my others, but he's sick of doing them for me. <_<

Will you take 30FPS?

Also, 720p or original size?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
Will you take 30FPS?

Also, 720p or original size?
Oh bugger, I just started uploading the recording, I'll edit the link in later  :blush:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 05:32:16 AM »
Very nice. A lot of the dodging was fantastic. The only real problem was that you tended to use your resources poorly; I saw a lot of unused bombs, and bombs used immediately after dying for some reason.

That being said, holy crap Resurrection Butterfly.

Oh, and PS: you might want to rewatch Stage 2, near the beginning. There was a dodge in there that I had to watch multiple times to see what even happened. You might want to submit that to the luck thread. :3
Yeah, I know I died with bombs available. I probably should've paid a bit more attention. I admittedly have a little trouble seeing right in front of Reimu when shooting focused sometimes. Bombing right after dying is kind of my way for venting, I guess.  :blush:

Thanks for pointing out that epic dodge early in Stage 2. I didn't realize that happened until I just say your post, and thanks again for the compliment. :toot:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 05:34:18 AM »
Reached a x4 multiplier in SA (Hard, ReimuA, exact graze count 31114 if anyone's curious). It could have been much higher if I suicided for bombs against Parsee, but judging from the world record runs, dying to Parsee only seems to be worth it on Lunatic.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22794

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Ephemerality 137 timeout.

It took me exactly 137 tries, which I realized while recording, much to my amusement.

Chuckolator

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
Oh bugger, I just started uploading the recording, I'll edit the link in later  :blush:
Thanks.

It took me exactly 137 tries, which I realized while recording, much to my amusement.
now do Thousand Needle Mountain >_> <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
Hot damn, that which I thought I could never do:

[Edit: yes, I consider that an accomplishment since I don't expect it to happen again]

Got tense after that, haha. Getting better at the stage and Patchy too and being a lot less pissed at it all. Nearly capped Counter Clock, Catadioptric and got to 15-ish seconds on the survival card before losing my last life (those 3 on a different run).
Still can't do Royal Flare though ::)

Edit: Capped Catadioptric and Counter Clock for the first time and in the same run ^_^

Figure I won't be editing/posting anything more now until I actually manage to clear the Extra.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:23:34 AM by Massaca »

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 07:33:34 AM »
now do Thousand Needle Mountain >_> <_<
Lol wow, this is the fourth request I've gotten today. New record get!

In seriousness: can't do non-extra EoSD stuff yet, I haven't cleared EoSD Lunatic and not really in the mood to continuespam. Plus I have like no experience with EoSD whatsoever, to the point where I haven't even cleared Hard yet. So it's not likely to happen for a while.

Chuckolator

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
Just do what you think is fun imo.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
1cc Dim Dream easy.

Spoiler:

I actually didn't know it was set to easy by default, was just going for a normal run.

Shame the android she got was useless.

First 1cc so far! No Extra stage in this game, so on to 4.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:38:56 AM by Sanger Zonvolt »

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
Did really play not much Touhou for some time now...That's gotta change! :blush:
So, not many changes from last thread.
Anyway, my achievements until now:

1cc'd every Windows game on Easy with all shottypes(except GFW, including PoFV)
1cc'd with all shottypes on Normal: EoSD, PCB, IN.
1cc MoF Normal with all Reimu shottypes and MarisaA
Cleared EoSD Extra.
StB Level 3 completely cleared and some scenes from Level 4

Currently trying to 1cc MoF Normal with the 2 other shottypes and clear PCB Extra.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
ReimuB EoSD Hard 1CC. Out of the 5 shottypes, only ReimuA left! Forgot to save replay, which is a shame because I had some crazy dodging on Sakuya's second nonspell (best attack ever)

Also: finished clearing Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana with all 12 shottypes. Final count was 1208 attempts - so the average per character is a bit over 100. Solo Yuyuko took the most tries, 230 - and I could've gotten it with much less but I died with a sliver of health like 10 times, I guess Yuyuko didn't want to defeat herself.

The second-to-last day was best - something clicked and I beat it with Solo Reimu in 4 tries and Solo Sakuya in 3. But the next day it was gone and I was back to being bad :(