Author Topic: Touhou Translations and Requests Three  (Read 58976 times)

Re: Touhou Translations and Requests Three
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/08/87ex-11c6.html - Information regarding the Extra Stage.

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/08/ex-ed3b.html - Backstory and boss info for the Extra Stage.

Those are the last two major things concerning The Last Comer, with the exception of the eventually song titles for the extra stage and boss. If anybody could do those, as well as the ones after stage 3 from my older post, I'd be really grateful.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
Wow, I didn't realize it had been three weeks since the last time I posted.  I blame video games.

Anyways, here's stage 4.  I know that Stage 4 and 5 are on the same page, but I got this far and it was 4 AM so I figured any further work would be even lower quality than normal :(

***Spoiler Alert!

Stage 4 Boss
Mikaboshi Mumumu - The Fallen Emperor of the Stars
Star God/Ability to the extent of leading people to their deaths

Impure Sign: Dragon's Spit (EN)/Jealousy: Leviathan's Dinner (Midboss)

Devour*: Greed Glide (E)/Wrath: Ignite Fang (N)/Excess: Gluttony Fang (HL)
Temptation: Lazy Man's Victory (E)/ Temptation: Eden's Last Day (NH)/Recollection: Lost Last Paradise (L)
End: The Day The Sky Fell (EN)/End: Red Star (HL)
Pride: Lucifer's Lightning (EN)/Daybreak in the Nonexistant World (HL)

The morning star is Ame no Kagaseo, the God of Venus*. It's true form is Mikaboshi Mumumu. No, "Ame no Kagaseo" and "Mikaboshi Mumumu" do not accurately express her true essence. Her true name exists seperately from these. Her true form comes from the God of the Stars of the paganism from across the ocean, where the power of the pantheon of the Myriad Gods of Shinto do not reach. A more general name would be Lucifer, or Satan. Most likely, the most famous and most powerful god of evil in the world.

Across the world, tales of her frightfulness as an evil god are not lacking. Nevertheless, for some reason, she had not been seen for thousands of years. Of course, that is because she had been moving from place to place, hiding herself. [In addition to stopping her actions the outside world, she falsely took on the name of Ame no Kagaseo and entered the comfort of Gensokyo,  where in recent years the legendary severe side of her has vanished.]

However, she was one who could not live without the beliefs of the many people who called her the strongest god of evil. In order to preserve the image of a tyrannical devil king, she went to the outside world from time to time to perform terrible acts that cannot be described here. Thus, for the sake of the "Coming Time," she confirmed that her power was not declining. To be blunt, as things were, she was just a peaceful minor god of the stars in Gensokyo.  She knew this. However, she knew that someday, without fail, she would come across an opponent who she must fight, putting her very existence on the line.

About her Powers

It has the feeling of engraving the fate of a person onto a seal, and that person must obey it. Her terrifying power can be used like this. Though she hides the power to do things like have water pour out of another person's mouth to create a flood, or have a star fall from the sky, even though she is in a place like Gensokyo where such things would be understood, she holds back in her fight against Reimu and the others. Though the saying "a skilled hawk hides its talons" is a little bit off in this case, a truly strong person doesn't swing their fists around recklessly.

*The kanji used in the pretext of this spell card are 'to catch' or 'to seize,' and 'to devour.'  As you probably noticed, I had a little difficulty trying to combine those two elements into a single word, so I gave up.  But anyways, now you know!

*This is a reference to the planet/celestial body, not the roman god.

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
Ah Satan, you are so misunderstood. |D

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
Here's the Stage 5 Boss.  There's a few references to a person named Janet, who I eventually figured out is the midboss of Stage 5, who's information is written of in the next page, along with the mysterious and never before seen stage 6 midboss. >.>

Anyways, enjoy.  School starts for me today, but hopefully I'll still be able to work at this at a decent pace.

Stage 5 Boss
Michel Sant-Angelo - The One Closest to God
Archangel/Ability to the extent of handing down revelations

Slash: Archangel's Sword (EN)/Crimson: Burning Angel's Sword (HL)
Revelation: Tenfold Shining Laser (EN)/Revelation: Decalogue Engraving Laser (HL)
Oracle: Flare Snow (EN)/Oracle: Seraphic Snow (H)/Oracle: [Isaiah's Prophecy] (L)
Revelation: Notice of Sodom's End (EN)/Ban Withdrawal: Caligula's Dilemma* (HL)
Salvation: Escalator to Heaven (N)/Selection: Moriya's Mountain Road (H)/Selection: Zion's Ladder (L)

Janet's Superior, among the angels, she hold's the highest position.
Very few angels are permitted to approach the main God, Yahweh, and the things that the sword she was awarded by God cannot cut are rare. The girl with such a shining personal history was somehow the devil king Mikaboshi Mumumu's younger sister.

In the age of myths, the one who led the angels into a singleness of purpose with God in the early days was Mumumu. However, over some trivial matter she began to quarrel with God, and swearing revenge, she left Heaven.  At the same time the one now named Lucifer was lost, one third of all the angels were lost in a similar manner.
When it came to selecting her successor, almost none of the angels carried an ability or charisma that could be compared to hers. Though it was a troubling decision, despite being Mumumu's younger sister, God's faithful servant Michel Sant-Angelo was selected. If compared to her older sister, her power fell a little short, but because of this even the angels who supported Mumumu should have consented. God's system of government should have become rock solid.

Unfortunately, Michel had a strong sense of carelessness.

To help a certain family from a town that was to be razed, a warning to evacuate was given. She told them under no circumstances were they to look back, or else they would be turned to stone, and this actually happened to one of the women. Michel was unaware that as the Archangel, even her words held great spiritual power.

At another time, she gave a revelation to the still living Janet, who would be raised up as a hero.  Since she had neglected to teach her when to pull back, Janet forgot herself in the joy of her victories and was eventually captured by the enemy army and executed. Since even now she has saved souls with such drawbacks before,  there are times when Michel is no match for her.

An important prophecy is written about the end of the world of Demon's and Angels. When the seven strong seals placed on this book are released, the frightening end of the world written inside will come about. Humans cannot release these seals. Michel left the management of this book to humanity. In fear of the book, they keep it sealed within the underground depths of the church, and before long it was forgotten and entered into fantasy. Moreover, the book was found by Mary Shepherd, who was easily able to release the seals.  And so, the end of the world began in Gensokyo.

Up until now, all of her carelessness was trivial enough to only receive reprimands from God, however this time her failure would be inexcusable.  In fear of reprimand, the tight-lipped Michel brought Janet and a handful of angels with her to Gensokyo.

About her Powers

As the most famous of all the angels, Michel is known historically for repeatedly appearing before humans and giving oracles and revelations. Though this is a mix of the words of God and her own advice, at any rate to humans it is a mysterious power that she gives, the astounding ability to make the impossible possible. Though it is not something that could be directly helpful on the battlefield, she herself carries the weapon of god, the Burning Sword, and she has combat ability exceeding that of Mumumu. As expected, to spare the denizens of Gensokyo, she saves her power while acting.

*According to Wikipedia, Caligula was the Emperor of Rome from 37 to 41 AD.  A cursory glance didn't reveal anything that I would describe as 'Caligula's Dilemma' though, so maybe a bit more research is in order.

PS I am considering revising Mary Shepherd's profile to say her powers are 'Ability to the extent of Counting Sheep and Ending the World'
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:29:10 PM by TwilightsCall »

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »
You're very close. Thank you so much for this. :D

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
Stage 5 and 6 mid bosses.  Can you feel the suspense beginning to rise? ;)

Stage 5 Mid-Boss
The Bowless Archer - Janet Arc'Angelo
Angel(Originally Human)/Ability to the extent of giving assistance

Performance Sign: La Pucelle's Bugel* (EL)/Performance Sign: Sky Paradise Orchestra

Called an "Angel," she is a spiritual existence that serves the God of the western country, Yahweh. Though she was originally a human girl, her spirit was picked out by her superior Michel, and she was reborn as an angel. Now as Michel's subordinate, she is fully enjoying her second life(?).

Since Michel seems to find her duty tiresome, Janet gives direction to the angels under Michel's authority to some degree, but it seems that she doesn't remember how brilliantly she shone in her previous life herself.

About her Powers

Roughly the lower version of her superior Michel's ability to hand down revelations. By giving inspiration and encouragement, she can give people spiritual power.  It seems in her previous life she used this ability to lead an army.

*I wasn't a hundred percent sure on this one, but it fits with her backstory so this is what I did. La Pucelle is most likely a reference to "la Pucelle d'Orl?ans," or the Maid of Orleans, referring to Joan of Arc.  It was in French in the original Japanese, so I maintained that here. Also, the spell card was listed as (EL), as in Easy and Lunatic...which I'm sure anyone would think is strange, but that's how its listed on the main site, so I reproduced that here as well, whether its an error or not.

(?) This is included in the original Japanese, and is not a note. But here's a note so you have something to read anyways 8D

Stage 6 Mid-Boss
The Unforgiving Child of God - Sanae Kochiya
Human(Living God)/Ability to the extent of causing miracles

Hollow God: Disguised Natural Law (ENHL)*

The shrine maiden living at the Moriya Shrine on Youkai Mountain. She has come to enjoy solving incidents recently. With all these outrageous people suddenly appearing on the mountain, it smells like an incident is afoot!  She challenged the exultant red and black one, and the blue and white one, but the wall between a Living God and an actual God was just too high.

Why was the star god, Ame no Kagaseo being so savage? Before she even thought of whether one person could take them down,  it seemed more like someone else was trying to pull a prank. Ah, maybe it was the work of the devil who lived in the mansion by the lake? As she spun theories desperately in her head, in front of her eyes happened to pass by an unlucky human. And so, the human who had refrained from going in to the final battle, without thinking about it, was able to replenish 1 bomb.
*"hollow" could also have been translated as "false." I wasn't sure which to pick, so I just picked the one I liked better.  As for the rest of the spell card, in Japanese it reads as 'gisoutensoku,' which as you may have realized is very similar to the name of Touhou 12.3, Hisoutensoku. It seems unlikely to me that this is a coincidence lol.

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
And now for the big one... 8D

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
Nice Job TwilightsCall, as far as I saw at wiki, the Last Comer story topic is empty. Someone could put your translations at some place there :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
So I just got three Touhou shirts imported from Japan but well, the tags are in Japanese... obviously >_> So whilst I know this is kinda off topic I was hoping someone could translate them for me :3 Second one is the important one for washing and such that I need to know but I wouldn't mind knowing what the first says if anyone could do that please?

(I tried to get this as clear as possible but it's night at the moment so if it's not clear enough I may be able to try again tomorrow)

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
1st tag:

Touhou Project
Remilia Scarlet
(C) Team Shanghai Alice
(C)AXIA
Artist: Muranako

As for the second tag...unfortunately my knowledge of Kanji isn't sufficient to be able to make out what the more complicated Kanji are to look them up, but the best I've been able to make out is
-Wash at 40 degrees (celsius)
-When ironing, do not apply the iron directly to the print
-Avoid tumble drying

I'm going to start working on The Last Comer's Stage Six boss back story now, but I know for a fact that I will be interrupted before I finish, so hopefully I will be able to finish it by late tonight.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 07:16:12 AM »
Seems as normal, just wanted to be sure though. Thanks a bunch mate.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »
Hey guys, I am training my japanese trying to translate some Concealed the Conclusion spellcards descriptions at the wiki (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Concealed_the_Conclusion/Spell_Cards/Stage_2B). I was thinking to ask something at the "Talk" topic there but someone suggested me that here I could get an answer faster than there :P

I think that the correct translation of  天符 「太陽凝視法」isn't 'Heaven Sign "Stare at the Sun"', but it is 'Heaven Sign "Sun Gazing Method"'. What do you think? And if someone could review my translations I'll be glad :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »
I think that the correct translation of  天符 「太陽凝視法」isn't 'Heaven Sign "Stare at the Sun"', but it is 'Heaven Sign "Sun Gazing Method"'. What do you think? And if someone could review my translations I'll be glad :)

While "Sun Gazing Method" sounds more appropriate to me, a quick search of "太陽凝視法" in google
will have "Sun Gazing" in the top results. "Sun Fazing" might here refer
to the practice of being there where the sun rise (or something) to recieve prana of it and energize yourself. Something like that.
Since 太陽凝視法 might refer to that, Sun Gazing would be the appropriate translation.

You can wish for anything!

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
After reading the spell card descriptions, I agree with "Sun Gazing Method."   The combination of that last 法 with the spell card descriptions talking about 'being able to' and 'only Eirin knows how' leads me to believe the spell card name is more of a reference to the method itself than the act, also reinforced by the fact that the spell card also seems to be about 'breaking down the light from the sun' rather than just being "rays of light from the sun."

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »
I'm not sure what this board's policy on double posting is, since there was no mention of it on the forums rules, but I'm going to go ahead and risk it anyways because this is a big update!

Stage 6 Boss' Backstory for The Last Comer.  It was uhh.  Long. lol.  Sorry I took so long to get it out, but my past couple days has been quite full with school and such, so this is the soonest I could manage!  But anyways, I'm sure none of you want to hear excuses, so here's what you've actually been waiting for!

Stage 6 Boss
The All-Forgiving Child of God
Iesua Nazarenus

Saint/Ability to the extent of turning water into wine

Fish Sign: Angelfish of the Jordan River (EN)/Great Catch: To He That Rows to the Depths (HL)
Miracle: How about some wine from water? (EN)/Lineage Sign: Emmanuel's Blood Line (HL)
Grand Miracle: Resurrection of the Dead (ENHL)
United Spirit*: Walking on Water (EN)/New Theory: Thin Ice of the Sea of Galilee (H)/Seeing Through: Watch, For I Shall Return Soon (L)
Object of Mourning: crown of Thorns (EN)/Relic: Iron Crown of the Holy Emperor (N)*/Exceeding Light: Angel's Halo (L)
Eli Eli Lama Sabacthani* (HL)
New Testament Star (EN)/He Who Arrives At The End of the World (HL)

*sneaks in translation notes*
*This one gave me quite a pause.  Normally, you would translate this as 'Shout of Spirit' or something similar, as used in the context of martial arts (wikipedia "Kiai" if you'd like to know more), but in my opinion it doesn't really fit the context at all to translate it this way. The Kanji literally mean something like 'United Spirit,' which feels much better in this context to me, but supposedly that's not at all how the word is supposed to be taken. I'm going to go ahead and give the more context appropriate translation here, but keep in mind that the word they used is probably never actually used like that.

*Relic: Iron Crown of the Holy Emperor was listed as a Normal mode spell card, but since this set already has a normal mode version and no hard mode version, I assume that it was just a typo. Error reproduced here for consistency with the source material.

*According to the Bible, Jesus shouted these words while he was hanging on the cross.  It's Greek, and means "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Rivaling Buddha, the most famous of all Saints in the world. To be accurate, the child of man and the child of Yahweh. The legend of being betrayed by one of his disciples, crucified on the cross, and then brought back to life three days later is already a well known story even among those who do not believe in Christianity. However, there is no longer anyone who knows the truth behind the flowery story in the New Testament.

Though she is the child of God, because of the excessive pain she endured at the time of her crucifixion, she ended up speaking curses to God. "God, God, Why have you abandoned me?" Faith becomes power.  Whether it's the past or present, or Gensoukyou or the country of the West, this fact is unchanging. So, if one doubts God, the powers he has promised through faith will be lost. In truth, after the crucifixion, though Iesua was supposed to be resurrected as a holy person, she had already become nothing more than a human who no longer had the ability to bring about miracles. She had suffered on the cross and died.

Initially, the betrayal of the disciple that had been planned by Mumumu was going to be turned into a good thing by Yahweh. Contrary to expectations however, upon facing the worst possible conclusion, the disciple who's true nature had returned deeply regretted his actions and was tormented by guilt. So, in a way that no one would see it, he took the body of his enshrined master away. Why? If the body disappeared, rumors of Iesua's revival would begin to spread.  The rumors among the people would turn into faith, and the power of faith would become the power to bring about a miracle. Thus, Iesua was barely able to be revived as the child of God after three days. And so, forgiving her disciple was the first thing she went to do upon returning.

---The disciple, however, had already hung himself. His soul was not saved by God, but instead ended up being captured by Mumumu. Moreover, to make things worse, Mumumu had once again hidden herself somewhere in the world.

The religion that Iesua taught to the world was truly a simple one. To write, it would only take one word: "Forgive." No matter how you decorate it with pretty words, everyone whether in the past or the present lives with something they want everyone to turn their eyes away from. If someone is able to forgive them, they can be released from their suffering. Therefore, first, I will give everything I have to forgive "you."---
To the people who had been living carrying such suffering, her words wrapped them in an overflowing love.

When the star fell into Gensokyo and the sign of the last battle was mistakenly given, Mikaboshi Mumumu's power keeping her hidden was released, and the morning star began to give off a strange light. From this, Iesua could finally determine the location of the Demon King. She decided to descend into Gensokyo, but not with the purpose of fighting Mumumu. Instead, it was to forgive everyone.  Michel, who feared God's Wrath; The still suffering soul of her disciple, that had been captured; Even the pitiful demon king who had lost all chance at reconciliation with God. "You don't have to suffer anymore" is the only thing she wanted to say.  Only that.

The saint who had forgiven the suffering of all mankind wished only to forgive them herself.

About her Powers

Though it can also be taken literally, the wine also refers to Iesua's sacred blood - From healing the sick to raising the dead and walking on water, the numerous miracles left behind in her legend, all of these things were possible because of her blood that had been blessed by God. This is the other meaning that it carries.

And now the only thing left is the Extra Stage.  I don't plan on taking particularly long to get it done, but I'm not going to promise anything either lol.  So I guess all I can say is...look forward to it? xD

As an aside, do you guys prefer 'Gensokyo,' 'Gensoukyo,' or 'Gensoukyou' in English text? Just curious.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
Gensokyo because ALLITERATOR HAET EXTRA LETTERS. :getdown:

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
I prefer 'Gensoukyou' because in japanese you can change words if you forget to put the letter 'u'
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »
But you're translating into English, and sometimes extra vowels can hinder readability. In fact, sometimes I wonder if "yokai" would be better than "youkai". Pretty much everywhere I've seen the word in non-Touhou settings, it's lacking the 'u'.

Drake

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
It's almost a matter of how the word looks. Gensoukyou is more correct if you actually want transliteration, but Gensokyo naturally reads more like you would say it, if you read it as english. In most cases, you aren't reading the japanese as japanese, you're reading the japanese with english. The repetition of ou is probably another odd thing. "Youkai" in comparison has always felt like a natural word to me, but perhaps there's the tendency for people to see the word "you" in it and pronounce it like that, just as many people who read "Touhou" often say too hoo for whatever reason. In any case, that's probably the reason why it's usually seen as yokai or yōkai.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 02:13:49 AM »
But you're translating into English, and sometimes extra vowels can hinder readability. In fact, sometimes I wonder if "yokai" would be better than "youkai". Pretty much everywhere I've seen the word in non-Touhou settings, it's lacking the 'u'.

It's almost a matter of how the word looks. Gensoukyou is more correct if you actually want transliteration, but Gensokyo naturally reads more like you would say it, if you read it as english. In most cases, you aren't reading the japanese as japanese, you're reading the japanese with english. The repetition of ou is probably another odd thing. "Youkai" in comparison has always felt like a natural word to me, but perhaps there's the tendency for people to see the word "you" in it and pronounce it like that, just as many people who read "Touhou" often say too hoo for whatever reason. In any case, that's probably the reason why it's usually seen as yokai or yōkai.

Hmmm your arguments looks valid since english isn't my native language. Because of this the lack of 'u' sounds wrong for me, it's strange to read when someone writes "toho", "gensokyo" and etc.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Requesting TL check on Concealed the Conclusion's endings.

I suspect that quite a number of changes will have to be made and sections might have to be re-translated completely.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 02:18:51 AM »
Requesting TL check on Concealed the Conclusion's endings.

I suspect that quite a number of changes will have to be made and sections might have to be re-translated completely.

I posted some changes suggestions of the ending One at the Talk session of the wiki. TL checks about my  TL check and suggestions are welcome  :V

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Concealed_the_Conclusion/Story/Endings
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
I liked your translations a lot better than the one's that were there previously.  I went through and translated it all myself so I had something to compare it to, but (with a few grammar fixes) yours were pretty close  to mine, so I just posted yours below here with some grammar fixing.   

Suggestion: "It was supposed to be a final duel of danmaku, but when she noticed she was sleeping in her bedroom."
Suggestion: "That's right, I should have thought that something was strange when things like magic are common there."
Suggestion: "Gensokyo was just a dream world."
Suggestion: "I wonder if I'll be able to see the dreams of Gensokyo if I sleep one more time."
Suggestion: "Hey, we're going to be late, lets hurry up and go to school!"
Suggestion: "Aah, ok... sorry. Just wait for me to change my clothes."
Suggestion: "Eventually even these sad memories will become nothing but a forgotten dream. Indeed, it seems that it'll become only illusions."

EDIT: I think I might take a look at the rest of them some time later.  I just took a cursory glance over the page and some of the translations...leave a lot to be desired.  Kaze Senshi seems to be doing alright though, so if he plans to keep going I might settle for just double checking what he does.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:08:37 PM by TwilightsCall »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
I liked your translations a lot better than the one's that were there previously.  I went through and translated it all myself so I had something to compare it to, but (with a few grammar fixes) yours were pretty close  to mine, so I just posted yours below here with some grammar fixing.   

EDIT: I think I might take a look at the rest of them some time later.  I just took a cursory glance over the page and some of the translations...leave a lot to be desired.  Kaze Senshi seems to be doing alright though, so if he plans to keep going I might settle for just double checking what he does.

Grammar fixes are always welcome in my phrases :P

For me there is no problem if you want to check it too. Currently I am full of university homeworks to do, so I am without many time to check it. If you want to, you can check it too, the only thing that I ask to you is to insert your checks bit by bit in the place of accumulate it and insert all, if you do this there is no way to me know what you are doing and we could end wasting time checking the same part.

After all wiki is a collaborative workspace ;)
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »
Lol I don't remember in which section the CtC translation post is soo I'll post here  :V

I made more suggestions about the second ending's translation at wiki's talk section, can someone check it  :derp:

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Concealed_the_Conclusion/Story/Endings
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Zil

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »
Would someone be willing to translate these two paragraphs? Google gave me the general idea, but the second one in particular is still kind of incomprehensible.

Q.コンピュータをみると、たまに明らかに弾を貫通してるときが
     あるんですが・・・?
   A.それは、溜め撃ちを撃つときほんと一瞬(0.1秒位)ですが、
     無敵時間をもってます。人間はこれを利用することなんてほぼ
     無理ですが、コンピュータは、それで弾を抜けたりするときが
     あります。なお、コンピュータもいかさまはしてませんので、
     人間もまったく同じように動けばかわせるはずですが・・・

Q.あなたの腕前で100点とりたいんですが。どうするの?
   A.これは、とにかくダメージを受けない、ボムを使わない、
     (全ての面で)ことです。得点が高いとそれなりに腕前が
     上がりますが、それより減点の方を減らした方がいいです。
     (ちなみに1億点を越えると腕前も100点になります
       って、無茶言うな~)

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:16 AM »
Q.あなたの腕前で100点とりたいんですが。どうするの?
   A.これは、とにかくダメージを受けない、ボムを使わない、
     (全ての面で)ことです。得点が高いとそれなりに腕前が
     上がりますが、それより減点の方を減らした方がいいです。
     (ちなみに1億点を越えると腕前も100点になります
       って、無茶言うな~)

Rough translation:

Q: I want to become as good as you and get a perfect score (literally: 100 points). What should I do?

A: Well, first of all you shouldn't take any damage or use any bombs (for every stage). You can increase your skill by aiming for a higher score, but it's better to try to avoid score penalties instead. (By the way, don't say it's impossible to get over a hundred million points or a perfect score)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:18:58 AM by Clarste »

Zil

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2012, 05:16:11 AM »
Okay. As I thought, it's explaining the rank number at the end. It's not as detailed as I'd hoped, though it is interesting that bombing would have an effect.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:50 AM »
The mention of the previous Hakurei Shrine Maiden reminded me that the place where she was first mentioned still hasn't been transliterated or translated. Anyone want to look into it?