Author Topic: Touhou Translations and Requests Three  (Read 58984 times)

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: Touhou Translations and Requests Three
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
More CtC requests:

(Some sort of skip message?) もう数秒押し続けるとスキップします
(Menu description, Extra Start) 気がふれたステージを開始します
(Menu description, Pre-Rasterize) 文字などを事前に絵画して高速化を図ります 正常に表示されない場合や、却って重くなる 場合OFFにして試してください
(Menu description, unused?) 取得できたスペルのみ表示します
(Menu description, unused?) 挑戦したが失敗したスペルのみ表示します

Also, Ending 3 has yet to be checked, so if anyone is willing to do that it would be appreciated.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »
Keep pressing the key more some seconds to skip.

Start the stage for when you lose your mind/become crazy.

(Menu description, Pre-Rasterize) 文字などを事前に絵画して高速化を図ります 正常に表示されない場合や、却って重くなる 場合OFFにして試してください
Check this one if you plan to speed up by prioritizing the character rendering or if it isn't being showed correctly, otherwise if the game is slow try to let it OFF. (someone double check  this one :))

Show only the captured spellcards.

Show only the spellcards that you played but failed.

Also take a look here to ending reviews http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Concealed_the_Conclusion/Story/Endings
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:58:46 PM by Kaze_Senshi »
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Pheriannath

• The future is in our hands~!!!
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Double checking, my take:
Keep pressing the key more some seconds to skip.
Hold down the key to skip.

Start the stage for when you lose your mind/become crazy.
Begin the lunatic stage (or crazy stage, or mad stage...urgh, can't think of a proper contextual translation)

Check this one if you plan to speed up by prioritizing the character rendering or if it isn't being showed correctly, otherwise if the game is slow try to let it OFF. (someone double check  this one :))
This will prioritize image rendering. If images are not rendered properly or performance is slower, try turning this option off.

Show only the captured spellcards.
Show only captured spellcards.

Show only the spellcards that you played but failed.
Show only encountered spellcards that are not yet captured.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
Also, Ending 3 has yet to be checked, so if anyone is willing to do that it would be appreciated.

Put my two cents in the talk page for the CtC/Story/Endings page on the wiki.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
Extra stage dialogue for the Last Comer.  I know I'm not particularly fast at this, but the Epilogues are going to take more time and effort to go through than these dialogues because of the nature of the files, so please have patience with me 8D

Reimu Extra Stage

Marry: I don't really know why, but those angels gave me a good scolding, so I'm not going to play with that prophecy book anymore.
Marry: So from now on, you are my toy!
Phiased: I came to investigate that fallen star.  Well then, instead of a normal greeting, how about we have a one-shot game instead!
Phiased: You can't see stars well in the middle of the day?
Phiased: Therefore I'm weak?
Phiased: Laughable. A star you can see during the daytime is just that much stronger!

(Marry and Phiased Defeated)

Reimu: That meteorite may have had nothing to do with Iesua, but then what on Earth was it?
Reimu: It's quite troubling, having that kind of space garbage appearing in Gensokyo purposefully.
???: It appeared in Gensokyo on purpose.

(Elfin Enters)

???: Yes, because this is the final place for those who have been forgotten.
Reimu: Ah? Does this fairy-like person have some business with me?
Elfin: If it isn't that modern, hot blooded shrine maiden. Come, relax to the smell of this herb which grew here in the forest.
Reimu: Wow, somehow I've actually become really calm.  For being a fairy, you have a pretty amazing ability.
Elfin: This is the star of Hades, which was forgotten by man. I wouldn't forget this star, so for that reason it has come here.
Reimu: So, you're related to that troublesome star, are you? Guess I'll have to shoot a bunch of holes in you.
Elfin: -!?
Elfin: What's going on here?
Elfin: With the power of Mint, your mind is supposed to be calmed.  You aren't supposed to feel like fighting for another half a day.
Reimu: We have no desire to stylishly indulge in an afternoon nap, I'm afraid.
Reimu: Putting the brain and mind to rest, and sinking into a state of freedom from wordly thoughts and desires.
Reimu: After all, there are at least two people in Gensokyo who can fight perfectly fine while unconscious!

(Elfin's Theme Starts)

Elfin: Freedom from worldly thoughts and desires...many humans yearn for that.  It is a yet unperfected ultimate secret.
Elfin: I want to see how long my power, which was used to create the Mint, can last against you!
Elfin: And like everyone, caught up in thoughts about others and memories of the past, I also want to arrive at that

state of perfect serenity!

(After Defeat)

Reimu: So you and Iesua have no relationship at all?
Elfin: The people of this country are always making mistakes
Elfin: Those people's leader is Deus.  Our leader is Zeus.
Reimu: Your attacks seemed pretty similar to those angels' though.
Elfin: The angels of Olympus all use bows.  With this, you've become just a little smarter.
Reimu: Then, what on Earth are you?
Elfin: A fairy.
Reimu: Do you honestly expect me to believe such a strong fairy exists? Stop with the jokes.*
Elfin: Wow, it just got incredibly cold.
Reimu: Why don't you set some of the grass here on fire then?*
Elfin: Fairies...in our country, we were also called things like Nymphs and Elves.
Elfin: Compared to the young ones around here, we are ancient fairies that have lived for thousands of years.
Reimu: So you are a granny fairy looking for a place to settle down in your old age?
Elfin: This meteorite will become my final resting place.
Reimu: That's fine.  It's within sight of the shrine, so it won't cause any suspicion.
Reimu: As long as you stay afraid of my shadow and live quietly.
Elfin: (Well, I'll eventually cover that shrine in mint and water things down a bit.)

*In the original Japanese, Reimu works this phrase into a pun.  She uses the phrase (joudan wa yose), which literally means pretty much what I've translated up there, but she extends the vowels on the last word (so it looks more like joudan wa yousei), making it homophonous with the word (妖精: yousei), which means 'fairy.'

*Reimu has suddendly decided to be a pun master.  The word she uses in this phrase for 'setting fire' is homophonous with the word for 'mint' or 'Japanese Peppermint.'  In case you are interested, all previous instanced of the word 'mint' in the dialogue were written in English, so this is the first time they've made allusions to the Japanese rendition of the word.

Marisa Extra Stage

Marry: I don't really know why, but those angels gave me a good scolding, so I'm not going to play with that prophecy book anymore.
Phiased: I came to investigate that fallen star.  Well then, instead of a normal greeting, how about we have a one-shot game instead!
Phiased: Laughable. A star you can see during the daytime is just that much stronger!

Marisa: Fufufu, if you're talking about Meteorites you are talking about rare metals, and if you're talking about rare metals you're talking about catalysts for high level magic.
Marisa: Alright, before Reimu show's up, let's finish my work.
???: Please leave that alone.

(Elfin Enters)

???: That green-loving person was really kind.
Elfin: At long last, he was released from the dark, cold realm of Hades, and has now come to the world of water, greenery, and sunshine.
Marisa: Wait, sound?  Am I dreaming or something?  Some small fry is suddenly talking about some pretty difficult stuff.
Marisa: Well, whatever.  I'll just take her down and get on with my collecting of rare metals.
Elfin: Now now, sniff some herbs and calm down.
Elfin: Around this whole area, my power is booming. A carpet of Mint.  There is no escape.
Marisa: What's this...? Suddenly I really feel calmed down...
Marisa: Whoa whoa whoa, this isn't the place for a danmaku battle!
Elfin: This is the one that humans revered as the Dark King, praised as the Ninth Star.
Elfin: However, that is also just an old story.
Elfin: At long last he has been forgotten by man, and can live peacefully in Gensokyo.
Elfin: And I also can at long last live by his side.  I won't let you get in the way...wait, are you even listening to me?
Marisa: ...hm? Oh, sorry, I wasn't listening.  Since my mind was done in by your power it seems.
Marisa: If something like this was prepared as a magic potion, it could make someone fall unconscious and reboot.
Elfin: ...you are a quite skilled fighter, aren't you? Well, too bad for you.
Elfin: I will defeat you.  The opponent before you is not just some small fry fairy.
Marisa: Oh, I figured that out from your technique just now.
Marisa: In that case, I won't need to hold back by using lasers that don't hurt even if they hit!

(Elfin's Theme Starts)

Elfin: Avaricious human, leave us alone!
Elfin: This charred forest, these magic mushrooms, I'll cover them all with mint!
Elfin: That way, we can make this place our final resting place!

(After Defeat)

Elfin: Losing to a human...maybe I've grown too old for this.
Elfin: However, compared to the princess' wrath, this is nothing.
Marisa: I don't really understand the old stories, but I do understand the fear of a woman's tenacity quite well.
Elfin: This star is the one remaining symbol of the King of Darkness.  I beg of you, please don't carry it away for the sake of greed.
Marisa: A human's ten desires cannot be restrained.  If you try, they will definitely explode in some other form.
Marisa: That calming herb you carry around looks like it sure has a lot of uses...
Elfin: Take as much as you like.
Marisa: Very well! A fairy's things are my things, and my things are my things!
Marisa: Well, these herbs grow fairly well, so I only need a little.
Marisa: Then, farewell, oh strong fairy.
Marisa: To stop Reimu from noticing, let's get along nice and quietly.
Elfin: ...you know a lot of about the power of plants.  This is the first time I've met such a masterful human.
Elfin: However, because of that self-confidence, you've made a fatal mistake.
Elfin: The reproduction ability of this Mint is not the same as that of the Japanese Peppermint.
Elfin: Thank you, now, without me having to do anything, you people will cover all of Gensokyo in greenery.
Elfin: Now Dark King, this time we shall be together...

Sakuya: Because of Iesua's hard to understand examples, I was mistaken the whole time as to who was the culprit.
Sakuya: If it wasn't them, then who? And for what reason?
???: Something like a culprit...doesn't exist.

(Elfin Enters)

???: The reason this star fell was because of you humans.
Sakuya: Another fairy...is this the start of the Second Great Fairy War?
Elfin: The star of Hades that humans named, revered, and then forgot all at their own convenience.
Elfin: What kind of situation are you going to selfishly push on us now?
Sakuya: If you are going to make me say it, then nothing in particular.
Elfin: The scent of mint calms the heart.
Elfin: After that happened, I covered this burnt area with a carpet of Mint.
Elfin: And like that, I forced you people into peace.  So that no one would approach this star.
Sakuya: That's too bad.  I now understand your powers.  For someone like me who can manipulate space, an airborne infection will have no effect.
Elfin: Then...as the one who created Mint, I just have to force you out with all my power!
Sakuya: The founder of mint alone?*
Sakuya: Very well, allow me to scout the potential of this apparently strong fairy!

(Elfin's Theme Starts)

Elfin: It'll be troublesome if you just look down on me as a normal fairy.
Elfin: Starting as a single mint plant, two are born.  And from two, four.
Elfin: This process has continued for thousands of years! So, what kind of astronomical figure has it reached by now?!

(After Defeat)

Elfin: Losing to a human...maybe I'm getting too old for this.
Sakuya: If you say something like that with the way you look, you're really just going to be picking fights with more people.
Elfin: I have a form like this because of the Princess' wrath.
Elfin: While that person's Princess still existed, he made me into something no more than an elf...
Sakuya: It definitely seems like you're just trying to pick a fight.
Elfin: It definitely seems like it would be better for you to let yourself be calmed by the scent of Mint.
Elfin: Here, I'll give you this flower, so try making some black tea with it.  It will make you feel really calm.
Sakuya: It definitely seems you're just trying to sell me flowers.*  Well, I've gone through all this trouble, maybe I'll try it out on Meiling.
Elfin: After that, you might understand.
Elfin: If you find the flowers of mint that took root on June 24th, eternal happiness will be promised for you.
Elfin: If you can't find it, then come here, bringing the thing that you should bring.
Sakuya: Using an old legend to try and earn yourself some pocket money.  How hard are you going to try and sell me these?
Elfin: You've only lived for ten or twenty years.  I guess you wouldn't understand my reasons.
Elfin: All old legends from all places and all times that were related to Mint were put there by me.

*This is a pun in the original Japanese.  The word Elfin and Sakuya use for 'founder,' or as I translated for Elfin's line 'one who created,' is pronounced (shiso).  Sakuya uses a different word to say mint this time, which is read as (shisoka).

*This is also sort of punny.  The phrase Sakuya was using to say 'to pick a fight' (kenka o urareteru) sounds exactly the same as the phrase she uses to say 'to sell flowers.'

-------

As a bonus, it also says at the end of the Extra Stage dialogue that if you start with 2 lives or less, and clear the game with atleast 2 lives and 3 bombs on normal or higher without continuing that you get a special ending.  The files list an ending for each character and then a 'true end,' so I suspect that's what it's talking about.  Don't think it has anything to do with the extra stage, but that's what it says xD

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »
-ZUN currently has no plans on developping anything for the Smartphone platform
-He does not approve of derivative works appearing on the smartphone platform if they cost money to download, or
generate income via advertisements.
WELL... Guess we can expect to see Fantasy Night of Touhou Project disappear off the App Store again...

'twood be nice if someone finished translating HRtP...
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
Might seem a bit odd coming from me, but if anyone has any opinions on how to translate the following song names, please do let me know :)

バッレービレに星月日

道半ば、短き夜のスティッキール

フラッシュブラッディーサルミアッキ!

エールランドの眠らない夜

龍華寺参道の春節祭

疑萃暗鬼に回旅曲

囀る姥百合 ~ XXX Talking

Thanks in advance!

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
Might seem a bit odd coming from me, but if anyone has any opinions on how to translate the following song names, please do let me know :)

Thanks in advance!
Omg tough names, using the google ( not the google translator ) I found these ones, I don't know if they are right so... sorry :P

道半ば、短き夜のスティッキール -> In the half of the way, a stickle/stickyle from a short night (you can find some images about "stickyle" on google images)
フラッシュブラッディーサルミアッキ -> Salmiakki Bloody Flash ( Salmiakki  = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice)
エールランドの眠らない夜 -> El Land's sleepless night (just using the sound from the word)
龍華寺参道の春節祭 -> Lungwa Temple's shrine road(龍華寺参道) on the Spring Festival(春節祭)
囀る姥百合 ~ XXX Talking -> Singer Ubayuri ~ XXX Talking (姥百合 = http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ウバユリ)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:23:09 AM by Kaze_Senshi »
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2013, 02:22:48 AM »
That was actually incredibly helpful, thanks for the input 8D

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/6563
A comic featuring (a somewhat sinister-looking) Yumemi, Chiyuri, Renko, and Maribel. If any of you has the time for this, I'd really appreciate it. I just wanna see more Yumemi ;_;

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
I believe this is would be the proper place to put this, but if not let me know. I started uploading the Japanese dialogue from The Last Comer onto the Wiki (only had time for Reimu's scenario since I have other business to attend to tonight). As I just learned earlier today, TwilightsCall already translated the dialogue, and if he or anyone else is willing they can put up the English translation as well. Hopefully this should get the ball rolling, since having the Japanese text on the Wiki proper should help people confirm or improve on TwilightsCall's translation.

EDIT: Oh, and an actual translation request from me, almost forgot about it. The stage titles for The Last Comer, basically. Since I'm having trouble finding or otherwise obtaining text versions of the titles, I've been unable to translate them with my primitive Google means :V, or upload the Japanese text onto the above Wiki page.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:34:18 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2013, 02:25:34 AM »
Stage 1: The Broken Seal
Stage 2: The Rose-coloured sky and the Wine-coloured sea
Stage 3:Heaven's Crown of Stars
Stage 4: Suffering of the Girls of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars
Stage 5: Struggle of the One of 144000
Stage 6: Tomorrow the Sun Will Surely Shine
Extra Stage:  The Evil Star's Beloved, Sorrowful Flower

And in Japanese because for some reason I thought that someone was looking for these...

Stage 1: 解かれし封印
Stage 2: 薔薇色の空と葡萄酒の海
Stage 3: 天纏うは星の王冠
Stage 4: 日と月と星の少女の受難
Stage 5: 1/144,000の争奪戦
Stage 6: 明日はきっと晴れるや
Extra Stage:  邪星に愛された憐花
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:31:36 AM by TwilightsCall »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
Thank you so much. I'll put these on the Wiki.

I believe there are also portions of the stage titles that include the stage number (it'll read "Stage X" plus text). Do you have those available too?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:08 AM »
Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but this is what I found, so uh.  Yeah. Here you go.

STAGE1 解かれし封印(博麗神社近郊の森)
STAGE2 薔薇色の空と葡萄酒の海(霧の湖)
STAGE3 天纏うは星の王冠(星の降る丘) 
STAGE4 日と月と星の少女の受難(風神の湖)
STAGE5 1/144,000の争奪戦(妖怪の山)
STAGE6 明日はきっと晴れるや(山頂)
EX STAGE 邪星に愛された憐花(博麗神社近郊の森)

Stage 1: The Broken Seal (Forest in the Hakurei Shrine Outskirts)
Stage 2: The Rose-coloured sky and the Wine-coloured sea (Lake of Mist)
Stage 3:Heaven's Crown of Stars (The Hill of Falling Stars)
Stage 4: Suffering of the Girls of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars (Wind God's Lake)
Stage 5: Struggle of the One of 144000 (Youkai Mountain)
Stage 6: Tomorrow the Sun Will Surely Shine (Mountain Summit)
Extra Stage:  The Evil Star's Beloved, Sorrowful Flower (Forest in the Hakurei Shrine Outskirts)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:56 AM »
Yes, those are the ones. Thanks again.

I have the other 5 scenario pages up, so the Japanese text is available to everyone now.

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:01 AM »
Can someone translate this:
幻想郷と天貫の大樹

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:01 AM »
Gensokyo and the Heaven-Piercing Great Tree, I think. Can't think of any fancier word for 大樹.
Unless 天貫 happens to be a Proper Noun.
How about Touhou Labyrinth 2?

EDIT : Sky-Piercing is also possible. Depends on context.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:56:21 AM by Sungho »
Signature

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:29 AM »
Gensokyo and the Heaven-Piercing Great Tree, I think. Can't think of any fancier word for 大樹.
Unless 天貫 happens to be a Proper Noun.
How about Touhou Labyrinth 2?

EDIT : Sky-Piercing is also possible. Depends on context.

Thank you for your work. :D