Author Topic: Touhous in other stories... And how they'd change it  (Read 14097 times)

GunnerReisen

• Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel
  • /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Re: Touhous in other stories... And how they'd change it
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:45 PM »
D'aw, whyyyyyyyy? It's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. D; Okeeeey, fine, mr grumpy. >>

Hmm... well I did think of something.

Replace Panty and Stocking with Alice and Patchouli. Cirno is Garterbelt.
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:11 AM »
When considering the contrary fact that:
A: I own all the Twilight books and like the storyline but
B: hate the sparkling vampires and the nobility and self-sacrificial attitudes make me sick...

I realize something. The reason that people hate the books is because of the vampires and how they take every canonical trait associated with vampires and chuck them in the trash. Put simply, vampires have a rep for being forces of darkness/temptation/evil. And having vampires portrayed as not only not evil, but GOOD, is something that throws people who grew up on Dracula and CastleVania for a loop. Many (myself included) don't like those traits BECAUSE they are non-canonical and indeed are like the exact INVERSE of how a vampire is normally portrayed.

Thinking about it harder, I realize that a LOT of the vampires/werewolves in the books could be replaced with Touhous with the same abilities, and it wouldn't change the storyline by much at all. Of course, Bella would need to be changed to some guy or another... or you'd invoke the wrath of every single Republican ever. Hahah, just joking.
Also, we'll need to tinker with the "reveal" part of the storyline. It isn't quite as easy to transfer between the human world and Gensokyo as it is to use the original storyline. In Return of Touhou Mother, though, Eirin DID create artificial gaps. So there is that...
Edward->Satori. (Mind Reading)
Jacob->Keine (Were-creatures)
Carlisle->Eirin (Medical)
Rosalie->Remilia (Both spoiled brats)
Embry-> Mokou (Needed someone who would follow Keine at the point where the pack splits)
Sam -> Tenshi (Would have a hate issue towards some of them)
Emmett -> Meiling (Martial Arts)
Volturi -> Yukari, Ran, and Chen. (Frankly, they're as close to a ruling body as Gensokyo has. And we can play the "hibernating" card as to why Yukari hasn't a freaking clue that Satori brought her into Gensokyo a couple of times.)
Alice -> Akyu (Hmm... I could rip off Tales of the Abyss and have her "find" pieces of "Hakurei's Score" every once in a while. Not much else one can do with precognition)
Esme -> Kaguya (Relation to Eirin, might be able to pull this off)
Renesme -> Let's ignore this and instead have a friend grab onto her or something. This would cause SO MANY PLOTHOLES.
James, Victoria, Laurent-> Team 9 (James is Cirno. Respawns somewhere else. Victoria? Rumia. She'll flee the scene at the end. Laurent? We can ignore him.)
Zafrina -> Reisen (Illusions)
The Romanians -> Mima (Forgotten? Check. Would love to topple some high hats? Check)
The Immortal Children who were mentioned? Gee, this one's so obvious you don't even need me to say who gets this role. FLANDRE!

Yeah... that's a start... Who thinks writing this is a good idea? Only problem is, I've entirely misplaced New Moon, so someone ELSE will need to write that, or I need to get another copy.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

GunnerReisen

• Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel
  • /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52:22 AM »
I'd tell you my opinion but I am a perpetual hater of Twilight, so I'll be quiet. :>

And replace the characters of DMC with Touhou.

Tenshi is Dante, Iku is Vergil. Or, alternatively, Flandre is Dante, Remilia is Vergil.
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

Rice Mistakes

• Higher than heat
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
I am... not fond of Twilight, and never bothered to burrow through it, though I'll refrain from badgering upon your taste in books.

Personally, I think that a Sherlock Holmes story with the characters replaced by Touhous would be very interesting indeed.
Weather so extreme I can become a prokaryote

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
I am... not fond of Twilight, and never bothered to burrow through it, though I'll refrain from badgering upon your taste in books.

Personally, I think that a Sherlock Holmes story with the characters replaced by Touhous would be very interesting indeed.

Yeah, any such work would HAVE to be AU, though. Reimu is disaster-solver, but she doesn't have the logic or the patience to make a good Holmes.

And I will refrain from mentioning this again, since pretty much everyone, on ALL 3 threads I posted this in, have told me no.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Rice Mistakes

• Higher than heat
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:04 AM »
Yeah, any such work would HAVE to be AU, though. Reimu is disaster-solver, but she doesn't have the logic or the patience to make a good Holmes.

And I will refrain from mentioning this again, since pretty much everyone, on ALL 3 threads I posted this in, have told me no.

I don't think you shouldn't publish because some of your peers do not enjoy Twilight; I, despite my earlier expression of dislike,  think that a Touhou parody of the tale would be very amusing.

On the other hand, I never said that Reimu would be Sherlock. It would be rather boring if I strictly adhered to the plot of Watson and Holmes's misadventures, after all.

I was thinking along the lines of 'so and so are partners in crime, and if luck would have it, one of the two just happens to be a consulting detective as a cover for their crimes'. Something like that.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:50 AM »
Speaking of detectives, Shikieiki as Monk.

Rice Mistakes

• Higher than heat
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »
Ouran High School Host Club, with the MoF characters.

Starring Hina as Takashi, Nitori as Mitsukini, the Aki sisters as the two twins, Sanae as Tamaki, Suwako as Haruhi, and Kanako as Kyoya.

Something like:

Kanako: "You broke something extremely expensive, and now you must pay with your body."

Suwako: "wtf"

Sanae: "Yes, with the addition of a cute character like Suwako, we'll have all the pedophiles in the bag! Their faith will be ours, hahaha!"

Suwako: "r u kidding me"

Kanako: "Unless you want to pay us up front, this is the only way." 

Suwako: "faq fine"

And then stuff happens, with Suwako being Suwako, Sanae fangirling over everything she does, and everyone just sorta... acting up in the background.

And the Aki sisters are all over each other.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

Sanae: "Yes, with the addition of a cute character like Suwako, we'll have all the pedophiles in the bag! Their faith will be ours, hahaha!"

Mesa thinks jar jar binks lol that fits senae more, you have seen the r34 pics of her, right?
But  then again, she is a teen....

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »
The Tale of the 3 Touhous. The parallels are quite nice.
http://youtu.be/bN1_h_eGitE
In time the heroes met a funayuurei who could not be shot, but being learned in danmaku the three heroes simply treated it as a pacifist run and dodged the attacks.
Before they could finish the stage; however, they found their path blocked by a final boss. It was Death, and she felt cheated. Cheated, because heroes would normally drown to the funayuurei and joined her at a flower viewing party, but Death was cunning. She pretended to congratulate the three heroes on their dodging, and said that each had earned a prize for having been skillful enough to evade her.
The first asked for a weapon more powerful than any in existence, so death fashioned a mini-hakkero from a sunflower that stood nearby. The second decided she wanted to humiliate Death even further, and asked for the power to recall loved ones from the grave. So death plucked a pocket watch from the river and offered it to her. Finally death turned to the third hero. A humble shrine maiden, she asked for money. However, Death shrugged, saying she had none. Not amused, the shrine maiden beat Death as if she were a first stage boss. And so it was that death reluctantly handed over a single coin, to which the shrine maiden was still not amused.
The first hero, traveled to a distant forest, where, with the mini-hakkero in hand, she beat an ice fairy with whom she had once quarreled. Drunk with sake, mushrooms, and the power that the mini-hakkero had given her, she bragged of her invincibility. But that night, some fairies stole the mini-hakkero, and drew on the hero’s face for good measure. Humiliated, the first hero found Death as to steal another one, but upon arriving, instead indulged in the delicious food and more sake. And so joined Death and the flower viewing party.
The second hero journeyed home, where she took the watch and cast a spell card. To her delight, the mistress who she had once served, before her untimely death, appeared before her. Yet soon she turned sad and cold because the fandom had long grown tired of her antics. Driven mad with hopeless longing, the second hero killed herself so as to join her, but instead just ended up at the flower viewing party.
As for the third hero, Death tried for many years but was never able to overcome the immense popularity of the hero. Only when she attained a great age, did the shrine maiden reveal the single coin Death had given her, and gave it to the greater doujin community. She then greeted Death as an old friend and went with her gladly, departing this life for the flower viewing party.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:22:32 PM by Imosa »

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »
Touhou in Rose of Versailles. I hated some characters in there with passion, most notably Oscar, Marie Antoinette and especially Rosalie :derp: even the art style alone is enough to make me puke rainbows

Kasen was accidentally gapped into the RoV universe and after seeing Marie and the nobles, with their lavish lifestyles, she started preaching to them about the virtues of being a hermit, asceticism, etc. Naturally they had no idea what she was talking about (because lol Buddhism) but being the queen, of course Marie and Rosalie had to be protected from a perceived threat by Oscar. And here we make use of a "language barrier"(sort of) as Kasen misunderstands Oscar's intent to protect the ladies as a bold challenge to a fight, which Kasen happily accepts.

Since Kasen is in a different place and time period in history, it would be hard to summon her cryptids but this doubles as a power limiter because come on, she's going up against normal, powerless humans. To compensate, it should be turned into a wuxia-esque story, with Kasen being badass awesome by using Five Animals Style kung fu or Wing Chun, (because for some reason, Kasen strikes me as someone who'd know at least some kung fu) to wtfpwn Oscar before 'educating' Marie and Rosalie, Gensokyo style. Alternatively, Kasen would wtfpwn them all with brute strength from her oni heritage and her bandaged arm.
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
<Totally awesome story>

You never identified this, but wasn't this "The Tale of the Three Brothers", from Harry Potter? Ah, that was a good rewrite... I like it!
Note to self: Check the link next time before making a comment...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:29:31 PM by Cybeast710 »