Author Topic: Touhou Translations and Requests Three  (Read 59304 times)

Touhou Translations and Requests Three
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »
So both of the previous threads got locked, probably for inactivity, and there needs to be a place to go for these sorts of things, I think. I don't know how to translate Japanese, so I guess this is just me drawing attention so I can get some stuff translated. ^^;

There's this Touhou Danmakufu game out now. It's got the standard six stages and stuff, and it seems pretty awesome, but lacks an Extra stage and any difficulty settings besides Normal. Either way, it's really cool and is based heavily on the holy Bible. However, I don't know what any of its songs mean, so that's what I would like translated. I'll list them all here in order of their appearance, starting with the name of the game itself, followed by each stage and boss, the ending theme, and the credits theme. Hope you guys can help me out, and hope you can get some use out of this sort of thread again.

東方邪星章 ~ The Last Comer (Game Title)

星の夢見 ~ Eastern Celesphere (Title Screen)

厄星の揺籠 (Stage 1)

妖星に踊る羊精 (Boss 1)

色褪せぬ紅の記憶 (Stage 2)

フィリニオンの復活 (Boss 2)

賢人のプラネタリズム (Stage 3)

エンシェントスターゲイザー (Boss 3)

邪星の宴 ~ Celestial Burst (Stage 4)

明朝を覆う明星 (Boss 4)

印のある者は山へ (Stage 5)

燦々サン・ミシェル (Boss 5)

幻想ヴィア・ドロローサ (Stage 6)

人類救済計画 ~ The Greatest Salvation (Boss 6)

異教の神々 (Ending)

明朝を照らす明星 (Staff Roll)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Touhou Translations and Requests Three
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 06:21:50 AM »
Well, today I'm with a new computer without dictionary, tomorrow I'll try to translate more, feel free to correct anything that is wrong:

星の夢見 ~ Eastern Celesphere (Title Screen) -> Dreams of a planet/star
色褪せぬ紅の記憶 (Stage 2) -> Remembrances of a colorful ( color that not fade off ) rainbow
賢人のプラネタリズム (Stage 3) -> The wise man's planetarium
印のある者は山へ (Stage 5) -> The man who has a seal goes to the mountain
幻想ヴィア・ドロローサ (Stage 6) -> Illusionary Via Dolorosa ( cool name :P )
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Power

• The power is within you. :D
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:28:27 AM »
Stage 3 エンシェントスターゲイザー> Ancient Star Gazer
Stage 2 フィリニオンの復活ー>  Fierion Resurrection

Translating katakana is pretty tricky so the 2nd one could most likely be wrong but I'm pretty sure I got the first part right. 

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
Well, today I'm with a new computer without dictionary, tomorrow I'll try to translate more, feel free to correct anything that is wrong:

星の夢見 ~ Eastern Celesphere (Title Screen) -> Dreams of a planet/star
色褪せぬ紅の記憶 (Stage 2) -> Remembrances of a colorful ( color that not fade off ) rainbow
賢人のプラネタリズム (Stage 3) -> The wise man's planetarium
印のある者は山へ (Stage 5) -> The man who has a seal goes to the mountain
幻想ヴィア・ドロローサ (Stage 6) -> Illusionary Via Dolorosa ( cool name :P )

The ones for stage 2 and 5 seem a tad odd and wordy. I imagine the meaning for "colourful" in brackets is something we don't have in English, so that's okay, but stage 5's seems...long.

Thanks for the quick response though! A good chunk of the titles are done. :)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
Hello, well sometimes japanese describes something using a verb but in english looks better to use an adjective, like that colorful, otherwise the phrase will become longer :P, and that stage 5 you can change to "The sealed man goes to the mountain". Anyway more translations, feel free to change anything:

東方邪星章 ~ The Last Comer (Game Title) -> Oriental wicked star's badge/medal
厄星の揺籠 (Stage 1) -> Misfortune star's cradle
妖星に踊る羊精 (Boss 1) -> Dancing sheep spirits in the calamity star
邪星の宴 ~ Celestial Burst (Stage 4) -> Wicked star's banquet
明朝を覆う明星 (Boss 4) -> The morning star that hides the tomorrow morning
燦々サン・ミシェル  -> Bright San Michael (someone check the katakana part :) )
人類救済計画 ~ The Greatest Salvation (Boss 6) -> Mankind salvation plan
異教の神々 (Ending) -> Paganism's Gods
明朝を照らす明星 (Staff Roll) -> The morning star that illuminates the tomorrow morning
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
Hello, well sometimes japanese describes something using a verb but in english looks better to use an adjective, like that colorful, otherwise the phrase will become longer :P, and that stage 5 you can change to "The sealed man goes to the mountain". Anyway more translations, feel free to change anything:

東方邪星章 ~ The Last Comer (Game Title) -> Oriental wicked star's badge/medal
厄星の揺籠 (Stage 1) -> Misfortune star's cradle
妖星に踊る羊精 (Boss 1) -> Dancing sheep spirits in the calamity star
邪星の宴 ~ Celestial Burst (Stage 4) -> Wicked star's banquet
明朝を覆う明星 (Boss 4) -> The morning star that hides the tomorrow morning
燦々サン・ミシェル  -> Bright San Michael (someone check the katakana part :) )
人類救済計画 ~ The Greatest Salvation (Boss 6) -> Mankind salvation plan
異教の神々 (Ending) -> Paganism's Gods
明朝を照らす明星 (Staff Roll) -> The morning star that illuminates the tomorrow morning

It's possible the "san" you have in boss 5's music is the way they say "Saint", since the archangel Michael that the boss is based off of is often called Saint Michael. So calling the song "Bright Saint Michael" fits perfectly.

Thank you guys, that's all of them. You're so great for getting to me so fast. ;_;

I hope if anyone else has anything they want to translate they can use this thread to get it done.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
Okay so now that all the songs are done I sort of want to know what the story's all about. Not sure if I'll get any takers on this. It's kind of long. The game is really cool and it'd be nice to know more about it. There are links on the developers' blog which detail the story.

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/post-9f26.html - The plot that starts off the game

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/post-4a7a.html - Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya's motivation to investigate this incident

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/13-ab09.html - The backstories and abilities of the bosses of stages 1-3

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/45-7522.html - The backstories and abilities of the bosses of stages 4 and 5.

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/56-96f3.html - The backstories and abilities of the midbosses of stages 5 and 6.

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/6-20d6.html - The backstory and abilities of the boss of stage 6.

It's a big thing. I do hope someone could do it. It's a really interesting game. The developers' blog even has the Danmakufu script and soundtrack if you poke around enough.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »
Are you planning to create a patch to translate it or just translating to know what each part means? I downloaded the game at the official blog http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/ and it is pretty fun, a lot of cool spell cards, but it crashed after I lose all my lifes :P
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »
I don't know how to patch, so it's just to know what it means. All that stuff I sent was just the supplementary material anyway. If I knew how to patch I'd do it, but I can't. :'D

There's a patch the people put out that fixes the continuing crash. Gotta download that too. o3o

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »
Since this is a thread for translation requests, is some brave soul willing to translate the third track of Otaku Elite Recording's Ruby and Aquamarine? Track title is 月夜に二人で翔け出す程度の能力 and it's a Love Colored Master Spark flavored version of IOSYS' 月夜を二人で抜け出す程度の能力.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
From Concealed the Conclusion Phantasm:

星柱が立って実に縁起が良いぜ?

The wiki claims it's untranslatable. Can anyone make sense of it?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
From Concealed the Conclusion Phantasm:

星柱が立って実に縁起が良いぜ?

The wiki claims it's untranslatable. Can anyone make sense of it?
Hmmm Arcorann can you give the context of this phrase, this always help in translations.
For now I can only read two separeted parts but I can't join them making sense :P
星柱が立って = Set up a stellar/planetary pillar
実に縁起が良いぜ? = Actually is the origin good ze?
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
I'd say "omen" is better than "origin" in that case.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »
Pillar Star/Stellar Pillar could refer to a comet, which are often seen as both good and bad omens.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
How about "Actually is a good omen to rise a stellar/planetary pillar?" ?

According to my jap dic, the "rise" word can have the following means: " stand up, rise, set up, erect"
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »

Might I ask why you translated this in that particular way?  I would have translated it as 'Memories of Unfading Crimson,' so I'm not sure where you're getting rainbow from xD

I am relatively new to the translation scene so I would not be surprised if I am missing something :x

EDIT:
Okay so now that all the songs are done I sort of want to know what the story's all about. Not sure if I'll get any takers on this. It's kind of long. The game is really cool and it'd be nice to know more about it. There are links on the developers' blog which detail the story.

I felt like I needed a way to practice my Japanese, so I figured I'd give those links up there a shot.

Keep in mind this is my first time translating a text of length any longer than one line aside from things like...patch notes...so I cannot guarantee any level of accuracy!  Hopefully it is good enough to atleast give you a feel of what is going on though.  Stuff in square brackets are things that I was very unsure of/mostly guessed on, Asterisks mean there is a note about it at the end.

I've only done the backstory one for now, as the feeling strikes me I will work on the others assuming I don't get chased out of here for sucking too bad at it 8D

The long severe winter came to an end, and Gensokyo's season of awakening arrived.
The cherry blossoms that finally began to bloom among the faintly lingering snow would likely serve as an appropriate companion for a great banquet even the next day. The Hakurei Shrine's shrine maiden, Hakurei Reimu,  would in short order be worrying about the thought of those nefarious people causing an uproar on the Shrine Grounds, while the coming warm spring and the dancing cherry blossoms brought excitement.

In the early dawn of the next day, a meteorite fell from the sky into Gensokyo, setting fire to the forest and the cherry trees.

Reimu: Of course I wished for a warm spring of dancing cherry blossoms, but I think this is a little bit much.
Marisa: Ame no Kagaseo* is really going all out this time, don't you think?
[When did you think it was coming?]
Kirisame Marisa pointed at the sky, which was growing light as she spoke.

[Normally, at the beginning of the year Reimu would have borrowed the power of Amaterasu to exorcise Ame no Kagaseo.  On that night, the morning star was shining brilliantly, to the point it looked as if it was noon.]
And so, overcoming the sun with the darkness of night - it was an omen that meant the power of the Youkai would increase.

The place where the devil lives, the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

At the same time, the residents of the world of the night went out with great joy to welcome the event.

Remilia: This time! This time it's the Morning Star's* victory!
Patchy: This time the age of darkness has come, huh? -cough cough-
Sakuya: I wonder.  Last time it was just premature joy because of a group of fools .

In contrast to her two masters who were forgetting themselves in joy, the head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Izayoi Sakuya, watched the evil star with an air of composure, continuing to watch skeptically until the end.  That was because, due to a prank carried out by Marisa and the Fairies, the same kind of thing had happened in years past.
At that time, putting Remilia back into a good mood, who had been disappointed upon learning the truth, had been quite the hardship.

Remilia: It's fine, this time a meteor fell as well, right?  This is something a mere human wouldn't be able to pull off.

The unexpectedly composed master gave an order to Sakuya, who was impressed with her words.  Since she couldn't go out under the sunlight, Sakuya would go in her place to determine the true nature of this unusual phenomenon.
And also, to stop the Hakurei Shrine Maiden and her friends from taking back the power of the Daytime and the Sun.

The Shrine Maiden of the Sun, the Witch of the Stars, and the Maid of the Full Moon.  As if in competition, the three humans took off to the forest where the Meteorite had fallen.

The World of Darkness was filled with the light of the stars.  That light dispels the darkness before your eyes, but at the same time gives birth to new shadows in the distance.  That is the chaos of Yin and Yang, the indivisible pair.
In a place with light, there is darkness.  Even in a world of darkness, the light is sure to come...

"She" knew that.

*According to Wikipedia: Ame no Kagaseo (Amatsu Mikaboshi) is a god of evil and the stars, specifically the Pole Star in Japanese Mythology.  His name (Ame no Kagaseo) translates to "Brilliant Male," and his alternate name (Amatsu Mikaboshi) translates to "August Star of Heaven."

*In the original text, the Kanji given for Remilia's line say 'The Morning Star' (referring to Venus in the Eastern Morning Sky), but the kanji are followed by a note that would normally be in furigana (simpler characters above the kanji to serve as a pronunciation guide) telling the reader to read the Kanji as 'Lucifer.'  As a side note, according to Christian Mythology, before being cast out of heaven, the devil was named 'Lucifer of the Morning Star.'
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:01:00 PM by TwilightsCall »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »
Might I ask why you translated this in that particular way?  I would have translated it as 'Memories of Unfading Crimson,' so I'm not sure where you're getting rainbow from xD

I am relatively new to the translation scene so I would not be surprised if I am missing something :x

Ooops, I made a mistake, I changed 虹 for 紅 :P So your translation looks good for me. The rest of phrase is just an adaption question, so for me there is no problem to change "colorful" by "unfading".
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
Ooops, I made a mistake, I changed 虹 for 紅 :P So your translation looks good for me. The rest of phrase is just an adaption question, so for me there is no problem to change "colorful" by "unfading".

lol yeah, after seeing the kanji for rainbow it suddenly looks much less like a random mistake out of nowhere xD

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 01:50:14 AM »
TwilightsCall, that is absolutely fantastic! I can't translate Japanese or I'd have done it myself, but it seems to flow very nicely and makes perfect sense in the context of what I assume the story is. I look forward to the rest of the backstories, and you have my most sincere thanks. :D

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 06:44:24 AM »
Hmmm Arcorann can you give the context of this phrase, this always help in translations.
For now I can only read two separeted parts but I can't join them making sense :P
星柱が立って = Set up a stellar/planetary pillar
実に縁起が良いぜ? = Actually is the origin good ze?

Like I said, it's from Concealed the Conclusion Phantasm. Here's a bit of the dialogue around it, with the wiki's translations:

Reimu:
?そうね
(Yeah.)
っと、じゃあこの辺で一服しましょうか
(Well, then, shall we have a cup of tea?)

Marisa:
いいぜ、ちょっとはしゃぎ過ぎて
飛ばしまくってたからな
(Sounds good. I'm pretty worn out from flying around already.)
本日のメニューは
とびっきり濃い目の弾幕茶なんてどうだ?
(For today's menu, how about some exquisite, strong danmaku tea?)
星柱が立って実に縁起が良いぜ?
(???)
Reimu:
奢ってくれるからには私も
それなりの見返りを用意しないとね
(For such a treat I will have to prepare something fitting in return as well.)

I intend to incorporate a version of this translation into the CtC English patch, by the way.

... Speaking of which, there are still large portions of Concealed the Conclusion's text untranslated. For starters, if someone could do a full translation of the prologue that would be greatly appreciated (the wiki's still inconsistent on whether the shrine was locked up or not).

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
I want to say something along the lines of  "The rise of the North Star is really a good omen," but I'm not sure if I can stretch 星柱 to mean Pole Star like I did :x

I haven't been able to find any reference to the word 星柱, even on the Japanese Wikipedia, so I have no idea if I'm using it right at all.  But assuming that's what it means, I changed it to 'North Star' because its the only Pole Star that exists at the moment as far as the Earth is concerned, and it probably means a lot more to people then the term 'Pole Star' would.

If 星柱 doesn't mean what I think it does, then.... :V

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
本日のメニューは
とびっきり濃い目の弾幕茶なんてどうだ?
(For today's menu, how about some exquisite, strong danmaku tea?)
星柱が立って実に縁起が良いぜ?
So kind of like how we think that finding 4 leaf clovers spells out good luck, the Japanese have this thing where if you pour tea and the tea stalk is standing, then it's an omen of good luck. Kind of like this, and here's an example from Inaba of the Moon/Earth.
Anyway, this is called 茶柱 chabashira, or tea pillar/column. See where I'm going with this?
Marisa makes the initial strange suggestion of danmaku tea, and then follows up with this, the 星柱 star pillar/column.

Since the original idea itself is rather foreign to (I'd assume) most of the English fanbase, I think it's a 'lost in translation' kind of thing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:05:48 AM by EdibleGhost »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
...lost in translation indeed, lol.

Well, the more you know I guess xD

Here's the second link translated, same disclaimer as before.

Quote from: Touhou Jaseishou Character Backstories
The Shrine Maiden of the Sun
Hakurei Reimu
Human/Ablility to the extent of Flying Through the Sky

The same well-known Shrine Maiden as every time before.  The shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine.

Borrowing the power of Amaterasu-Oomikami*, she was suppressing the Morning Star.
If the star which acts as a symbol of the night shines brighly in the middle of the day, the youkai who depend on darkness in Gensokyo would gain strength.
To the Shrine Maiden, whose occupation is the extermination of Youkai, there is no situation as inconvenient as this.
The Hakurei Shrine maiden who long ago solved a very incident-like incident so splendidly, will now show her magnificence.
The Offertory box that took in nothing but rain water and dust was sufficient reason for her to get serious.

Witch of the Stars
Kirisame Marisa
Human/Ability to the extent of Using Magic

The ordinary witch living in Gensokyo.  She has a habit of collecting things.

To Marisa, the fact that the Morning Star was shining so brightly was not that serious of an event.
More then that, the meteorite which had fallen within her reach pulled strongly on her interest as a collector of rare articles.
With Gensokyo cut off from the outside world, and her vigorous thirst for knowledge, objects that sometimes come in from the outside world were like a gift from God.
[In comparison to that, this was surely a great incident that would shake Gensokyo.]

Head Maid of the Moon
Izayoi Sakuya
Human/Ability to the extent of Manipulating Time

The Scarlet Devil Mansion's elegant Servant.  Due to the orders of her master Remilia Scarlet, she rises up to solve an incident for the first time in a long time.

To Remilia, who lives in the night, the shining Morning Star was something that should be welcomed.  Therefore, Sakuya received orders to stand in the way of the shrine maiden and her friends who sought to take back the world of day and light.
"So, 'The danger is past and God is forgotten' is something like this."  Even though she dared to think this way, she stayed silent.
Even if things are left as they are, the truth of the incident must be ascertained.
That's because this incident won't necessarily bring darkness to Gensokyo.
To the girl who could manipulate time, reading the future was the one thing she couldn't do.

*According to Wikipedia: In the Shinto Religion and Japanese Mythos, Amaterasu-Oomikami (or just Amaterasu) is the goddess of the Sun (and apparently also the Goddess of the Universe).

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:06 AM »
以下のものを収録予定です。
蒼神縁起妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑(再録)
週末に対応版
幻想魔録妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑
幻想魔録のおまけパッチ(予定)
?????
百鬼合戦のエクストラユニット「音羽」
苺兄貴新作の体験版
ミニゲームを何か
その他

夏コミ限定で少量頒布します。
頒布価格:500円

Can someone translate this?

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
http://appget.com/c/news/7407/project-interview/ - Interview with ZUN, something about mobile devices?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:49 AM »
http://appget.com/c/news/7407/project-interview/ - Interview with ZUN, something about mobile devices?

Well with my limited knowledge of japanese, I understood that he does not plan to realise a mobile Touhou game for now. He said something like that the games made for the Comiket generally does not make success in the market of the mainstream games, but for the smartphones this rule can be different, if he notices that some1 in comiket can make success at mobiles he could think about a mobile Touhou project.

Also I think that he is afraid to lose the "Doujin" game status with he does a game for mobile devices, btw for him there's no problem to realise a future mobile Touhou game for free, since it can earn money like a lot of free games ( angry birds :P )

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:53:05 AM by Kaze_Senshi »
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
以下のものを収録予定です。
蒼神縁起妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑(再録)
週末に対応版
幻想魔録妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑
幻想魔録のおまけパッチ(予定)
?????
百鬼合戦のエクストラユニット「音羽」
苺兄貴新作の体験版
ミニゲームを何か
その他

夏コミ限定で少量頒布します。

Fast translation, sry for the mistakes :P

The compilation plans of the following things are:

* Blue origin youkai Picture book/ tool picture book ( rerecording )
* Last week's corresponding version;
* Gensokyo's Magic Transcript Youkai Picture book;
* Bonus patch of Gensokyo's Magic Transcript (planned);
???????
* Etc unit of the battle of a hundread demons (???)
* Playable version of the "new Strawberry elder brother" (wtf)
* Do something with minigames

THe rest is:

In the Summer comiket(i think) I'll realise a small quantity
Realise value: 500 yen
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 02:34:50 AM »
Today, I challenged myself severely.  I didn't do very well on these, but I figured that what I got is better then nothing.

以下のものを収録予定です。
蒼神縁起妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑(再録)
週末に対応版
幻想魔録妖怪図鑑/道具図鑑
幻想魔録のおまけパッチ(予定)
?????
百鬼合戦のエクストラユニット「音羽」
苺兄貴新作の体験版
ミニゲームを何か
その他

夏コミ限定で少量頒布します。

The following items are planned to be compiled:
-Aogamiengi* youkai picture book/tool picture book(re-make)
Corresponding Version on the Weekend.
-Gensoumaroku* youkai picture book/tool picture book
-Gensoumaroku bonus patch (planned)
?????
-Nigirikasen* extra units/copies [Otowa]
-Ichigoaniki* new playable/trial game
-Mini games and such
-etc
A small quantity will be distributed limited to Summer Comiket
Price: 500 Yen

PS no I don't know what they mean by 'tool picture book,' but I figure it is some sort of supplementary material for something or other.

*Aogamiengi - This could be translated as a lot of things, but I suppose its a reference to the game
東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros. Left it untranslated because proper names and such.

*Gensoumaroku - Recording of the Illusionary Devil? Maybe something like that, a reference to the game
東方幻想魔録 ~ The Devil of Decline. Left it untranslated because proper names and such.

*Nigirikasen - guess what this is lol. Literally means "Battle of A Hundred Demons," but as you've guessed is also a reference to a game (東方百鬼合戦).

*A game producing company. English name according to their website is 'Strawberry Guy.'

----

I'm not going to post the whole thing because I had a terrible time with it, but the take away points from the interview were pretty much the following.

-ZUN currently has no plans on developping anything for the Smartphone platform
-He does not approve of derivative works appearing on the smartphone platform if they cost money to download, or generate income via advertisements
-As far as Doujin works on smartphones is concerned, he admits that his previous rules and guidelines weren't made with the smartphone platform in mind, so he is taking a wait and see approach to the situation for now.

PS again 2 replies while typing because I afk'd for a bunch of hours before hitting the post button.  Oh well, just going to post anyways!

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Thanks Kaze_Senshi and  TwilightsCall. It came from Strawberry Bose's website.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »
Backstories and Abilities of stage 1 to 3 bosses of Touhou Jaseishou for Ry-Guy.  I took an extended break, but I'm still plugging away at it :)

Square brackets means I was completely lost! Otherwise I put a note for things I was unsure of.

Stage 1 Boss
Marry Shepherd - The Shepherd of the Forest of Happiness
Fairy/Ability to the extent of counting sheep
Stage 1: The Released Seal (Forest outside the Hakurei Shrine)

Scatter Sign: Cotton Breeze (Hard)/Scatter Sign: Cotton Blizzard (Lunatic) [MidStage]
Group Sign: One Sheep Two Sheep (Easy, Normal)/Group Sign: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing*
Exploration Sign: Stray Sheep Finder (Easy, Normal)/Wander Sign: The Good Shepherd (Hard, Lunatic)

The time is just before the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier.  A story of the time when a large number of people from other countries were rapidly flowing in to this country.
A certain foreigner gave a fervent speech about blankets to the minister of the time. And so, the first shepherds of the country came into being. However, not long after that, in the middle of the political chaos of that period, the minister was assassinated, and the sheep farm was immediately forgotten, and entered into fantasy. The fairy Mary Shepherd could be called an incarnation of those farms and sheep.  In one part of the forest of magic, the sheep lived a peaceful, joyful life, but in due course someone thought to strike it rich off of processing their wool.  At that time this incident occured.

About her Powers
No matter how many sheep she counts, she will never get sleepy.  Just kidding.
In short, since it could be said she is one of the sheep, they mutually understand each other. Because of this, it is easy for her to command the flock to do as she pleases.

*The literal translation of this was something like 'fierce tiger borrows the sheep attack,' so the closest sensible thing I  could get out of it was 'wolf in sheep's clothing.'  If there's a better interpretation of this I'd love to hear it!

Stage 2 Boss
Corin Charite - The Shadow Passing through the Night Fog
Vampire/Ability to the extent of not drinking blood
Stage 2: The Rose-coloured sky and the Wine-coloured sea

Mist Sign: Bad Cloud (EN)/Darkness Sign: Night Fog's Choline (H)/Darkness Sign: Flying Sky Mouse Run* (L)
Sacred Treasure: Sea Monster's Spear Gae Bolg (EN)/Sacred Treasure: Dark Sea Monster's Spear Gae Bolg (HL)**
Wandering: Night Walker (EN)/Dream Game: Dreaming Walker (HL)
Cremation: Current Cremation*** (EN)/Purgatory: Forbidden Love's Final Destination (HL)

Of course, you remember the Scarlet Mist incident, caused by the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Remilia Scarlet. Corin Charite is of the same race as her, that is to say the strongest class of demon, a vampire.  Except that, she was born during a time where while she was still young, the bloody cannabilism of old was being rejected in her family. As time passed, Corin began to hate drinking blood from humans, [and as such developped a weak constitution].
Of course, there was no way she could survive like that in the outside world.  And so, depending on Remilia, she came to Gensokyo. Her future was supposed to be bright.

However, at that time, who could have predicted that she would come across this incident and the shrine maiden's group?

About her Powers
Though called an ability, the boundary between that and her predisposition and preferences is vague.  Compared to other vampires, she can survive on a very small amount of blood.  Though she fell victim to the very strong and suitable power typical of her race, let's say it's a result of the modern man's predisposition to energy conservation.

*Ehehehe...this one is super questionable to me. The kanji are to fly' 'mouse' 'sky/heaven' 'mouse' 'gallop.'  The kanji used for mouse could also mean dark or slate grey.
**According to Wikipedia, A spear from Irish mythology. Supposedly, it was given to Cuchulainn by his martial arts teacher, and was crafted out of the bone of a giant sea monster called the Coinchenn.
***Not sure about the first word in this.  The word given is (supposedly) english, pronounced Kaarento, so I made an educated guess as to what it meant.

Stage 3 Boss
Phiased Pescar - The Prophet who Gazes at the Night Sky (also known as Doctor Pescar)
Magician/Ability to the extent of reading future from the stars
Stage 3:Heaven's Crown of Stars

Magic Sign: Tarot's Wild Dance (EN)/Magic Sign: Tarot's Wild Dance - The Doctor's World (HL)
Star Sign: Doctor's Horoscope(EN)/ Star Sign: Doctor's Planetarium (HL)
Colourless: Double Energy (E)/Star Sign: Kakome Kagome (NH)/ Star Technique: Code 2721 (L)
Light Sign: Optical Avatar (E)/Clone: Mirror Particle's Star Technique (NH)/Light Sign: Starlight Illusion (L)
Treasure: Branch of Manna (HL)

A Magical Scientist who is skilled at predicting the future from the movements of the heavenly bodies, that is, Astrology.  Though the race is 'Magician,' when compared to the Witch at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, the Puppet User, or even a certain Priestess, she is far superior*.  Even in the old books of the outside world, the great efforts of people like her are being recorded.  However, recently in the outside world, the amount of bright light and smog polluting the starry sky is quite large.  The girl who was distressed by this moved to a quiet, mountainous region in Gensokyo and set up an observatory.  This time, she promptly understood the meaning of the meteorite that fell, but...continued in the full version!

About her Powers
Just what it says.  However, that doesn't mean she knows everything, she can only learn vague or rough estimations.  Obviously, it doesn't help her find the safe spots in her opponents Danmaku. Even so, to the people who live fumbling around not knowing what the future holds, it is needless to say that this is an ability worthy of awe.

*Could also just mean older, this part wasn't very specific.  Considering the context though I went for this interpretation.

*Notes regarding spell card names:
Star Sign: Kakome Kagome, as you might be able to tell, is very close to the name of a song from Imperishable night, Kagome Kagome. I left it as it was in part to keep this connection and in part because I didn't have a very clear way of translating it.  The 'kakome' part means 'to encircle or surround' and the 'kagome' part means 'woven bamboo pattern,' so you should be able to figure it out from there!

Star Technique: Code 2721 - Just a fun little tidbit of information, Unicode Character number 2721 is a six pointed star (typically called the Star of David). I assume that's where the name of the spellcard comes from.

EDIT: Fixed the super awesome notepad spacing issues
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:29:54 PM by TwilightsCall »