Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!  (Read 259473 times)

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
I keep misreading 'Himawari' as 'Hinanawi.'
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
And that itself is pretty bad, because Himawari is the Japanese word for Sunflower.

Now who do we know is tied to Sunflowers..?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
And that itself is pretty bad, because Himawari is the Japanese word for Sunflower.

Now who do we know is tied to Sunflowers..?
Patchouli!

When the name of some spellcard immediately comes to mind? <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
When as you're reading, you see:

9  And it came to pass, the sixtieth year of the reign of the judges-
wait.

Sixtieth Year
Judge

I mean, I should have known it would eventually reach the sixtieth year, but that it happened to say that on verse nine. . .
I like rain. Do you like rain?

I saw a car plate number with the letters "ZNV" I misread it as "ZUN"

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
Whenever I watch anime now, my mind conjures up ways to make Touhou fanart out of it.

Recently, I've had this idea for a fanart where Mamizou (epicly) opens a door and shouts, "KASODANI KYOUKO!"
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4

I saw one of those motivational poster images a few days ago, and it said something about flower power being nothing compared to laser power (I forgot the exact wording since I was a total idiot and didn't save it).  My immediate thought, "Yeah, but if you play Lotus Land Story then Yuuka assaults you with both!"

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
When every dream you have is in somehow Touhou related.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
I keep misreading 'Himawari' as 'Hinanawi.'

When you start laughing even more at that because it's even more understandable if you consider that another character a lot of people know who is related to sunflowers is Hinawa from Mother 3.
Hinanawi
Hinawa

See why i think that's perfectly reasonable?
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
When you notice that the "Coin inserted" jingle from Strikers 1999/1945 III sounds just like part of White Flag of the Usa Shrine (SERIOUSLY IT DOES)
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
When you notice that the "Coin inserted" jingle from Strikers 1999/1945 III sounds just like part of White Flag of the Usa Shrine (SERIOUSLY IT DOES)
Are you in the STGT too  :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Okay, on the news today there was something about flags planted on the moon and how all but the first one are still there.  While the reporters were saying something about rocket thrust and such being the cause of the first one getting pulled out, I was ignoring it and making a joke about Silent Sinner in Blue and the flag going missing there.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
When you find a four leaf clover and then pick it and go play EoSD Extra in hopes of finally perfecting it failed miserably

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
When you're playing CS:S and someone named "Patchy" joins the server (I'm Zero Izayoi), so you both immediately gush over your Touhou fandoms, even though absolutely no one knows what the hell you're talking about.
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
I was looking at Touhou piano arranges on YouTube, and my brother says something about Remilia's last spellcard, which made me type "Scarlet Gensokyo" into the search bar on accident.

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
I read a short reading for class by "Dr. Okero".  I kept writing Dr. Moriya in my notes.

fondue

• excuse me
When you start looking up it took spongebob X years to master this and this video www.youtube.com/v/tuHE0-FbbS0 and then you remember that the video was the first thing that got you into Touhou.
Would use the NSFW tag but for some reason it keeps redirecting me to this site. :V

AND when you start trying to figure out what http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BYwSRpSkvG4 means.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:47:44 PM by fonduemaster »

I guess when you buy overpriced toys of said series. Slippery slope and all that

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
I was asked by one of my touhou fan friends, and he asked me to draw him a picture of a touhou character, and after specifying he tells me, "Reimu, duh <.<" A few days later of trying to draw a picture from the internet of Reimu, I decided to tell him, "Fo'get it! You gettin' Kana instead!" So I get back to the Google searchy and drew a picture from there, and this right here is how it turned out. I feel that it sucks the way I drew it ._.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

When you imagine yourself as a kappa, Rika or Rikako in hopes of channeling their mechanical abilities to help you fix your computer.  Then when it fails, you imagine yourself as Marisa blasting it with a Master Spark in irritation.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
*turns on Captain Murasa*
*remembers I'll be going on a boat cruise in a week or so*
*turns off Captain Murasa*
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
I was daydreaming about pirates, when Murasa pops into my head.

And then I start to wonder if Murasa sank the Titanic.  :wat:

When your computer's harddrive dies, and even though you get a new one the next day you go into Touhou withdrawal.  Then, some of your first orders of business are to get your games reinstalled and your Touhou-based desktop theme back up.

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
When every time you read a book all you can think about is how these characters would interact with the Touhou cast... then you start planning crossovers. Great Gatsby anyone?
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

redlakitu

Take a look at this photo:

http://i47.tinypic.com/10crgh2.jpg

I regularly (about once per month) walk past this advertisement, but only made the obvious connection a few months ago. The company offers various services relating to electrical installations, so, in theory, it should be OK to call them and shout "Help me, ERINNNNNN! I need electricity in my new house! And please bring me some aspirin while you're at it".

The girl in my workplace that I fancy is called Mairi.
Her boyfriend is called Ali.

About a week ago I realised what their pairing would be called and I burst out laughing at work.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
How many times have you said "Oh my Kanako/Suwako/Byakuren/ZUN/Miko" ?

I've said one of or a variation of those when playing Double Spoiler.

The best one has got to be:

"Holy Kanako's rice gruel with a side helping of Flying Fantastica!"

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
I was recording a Let's Play of Return of Touhou Mother when i abrubtly was no longer able to play AVI's. This was a nasty shock because the editing software i was using would not allow to me to edit them, bringing editing to a standstill. I looked around, and wasted hours searching for a solution. All so i could post them online. Yeah, i'm not just addicted, i'm trying to show mine.

Remember when this thread was a joke thread? That is, when it wasn't any different than "You know you live in New Jersey when..." or "You know you're addicted to X when...", because the symptoms were things no one actually had? That was a LONG time ago. These days, it might as well be Touhouholics Anonymous with how it is. And the funny part? I'm proud that this thread isn't just one of those things created for a punch line. The other funny part? It's Touhouholics Anonymous without any concern for curing. And guess what?

I say we keep it that way.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

fondue

• excuse me
Found this when walking my dog:
[attach=1]
Guess what I thought of.