Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 226288 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »
Why is Reisen in particular good at scoring?

People score at PoFV?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 02:13:33 AM »
*decide to try Lunatic difficult*
Playing Touhou 12

Yes, I'm suck at Lunatic difficult  :colonveeplusalpha:

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:54 AM »
@I have no name and Fuunen1: I really wasn't expecting replies to that, since that was just me venting. Even still though, I appreciate your responses. It just feels like I'm learning slower in this game than I did in MoF, but that's just part of the process. A lot of Touhou just feels like I need to acquire a certain "feel" for the spells, and I definitely don't have that experience yet.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 02:56:45 AM »
(Yes I know this will be ironic considering my current profile picture)

God dammit CtC Stage 2 Aya why the hell do you like ramming into me you killed me once when you came in as a midboss and once as a boss stop coming in when I decide to PoC and come in on the side that I'm closer to just so that you can fucking hit me.

Fuck you Stage 5, you are the most unfun piece of shit in CtC's entire wardrobe, you are the leather garments of the armor library, you are the Copper Shortsword of the library of Terraria weapons, you are the Pickle Cheesecake of the desserts library.

I HATE STAGE FIVE. It's not that it's hard, no. It's just a fucking boring stage. Bite me Netherworld Team fans, I like the characters, just not that stage.

Fucking dammit Last Spells why do you knock my Hakurei bar to zero when I fail to capture you fuck you Last Spells fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Enjoy.

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 03:11:06 AM »
^Funny you mention CtC, I was just playing that the other day.  I agree whole-heartedly with you, the Hakurei system is garbage.  Die or deathbomb and you practically need to wait a whole stage for the bar to recharge.  It's one of those games where I wish I could pretend score didn't exist.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »
^Funny you mention CtC, I was just playing that the other day.  I agree whole-heartedly with you, the Hakurei system is garbage.  Die or deathbomb and you practically need to wait a whole stage for the bar to recharge.  It's one of those games where I wish I could pretend score didn't exist.

Speaking of score, am I the only one whom is bothered that the Danmakufu engine uses the ones digit for score instead of counting how much you suck?

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:51 AM »
@Star King: From what I can tell, it's because her level 2 (and possibly her boss attack) creates a ton of slow moving bullets. Not only that, but they're stacked on top of each other and stay perfectly still for while before spreading, The AI reflects them, then you can reflect them right back because they're too slow to leave the top of the screen quickly, and tons of bullets collect at the top getting reflected repeatedly, earning you tons of points. I could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.
People score at PoFV?
Well, it's the only game where score is remotely relevant to survival. And then of course, it's just the best scoring system anyway. >:D
Spoiler:
Aside from PoDD

And there's HRtP I guess.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:40:03 AM by Zil »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
Well, it's the only game where score is remotely relevant to survival. And then of course, it's just the best scoring system anyway. >:D
Spoiler:
Aside from PoDD

And there's HRtP I guess.
2/5 since you made me reply.

MoF and IN, dude. Also lower difficulty PCB and SA.
IN isn't scoring so much as it is "grab all the point items".
I beg your pardon? IN has a fuckton of hard supergrazes, unfocused milking and fairy timings. And IN scoring requires survival, so does lower difficulty SA and PCB, and especially MoF.
He only meant that those supergrazes don't earn you lives. So the heart of the scoring system doesn't play much of a role in a survival run, since earning lives is only about number of point items, and EoSD and MoF pretty much just hand you the extends. PoFV and HRtP are the only two I can think of that really force you to play for score in order to survive.
You can clear PoFV just fine without scoring at all, Zil.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:43:31 AM by Seppo Hovi »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:06 AM »
Well, MoF scoring is survival, in a way, and IN isn't scoring so much as it is "grab all the point items". Grazing and manipulating one half and all the other things aren't involved. On the other hand, PoFV extends are directly related to score, and unlike MoF and EoSD, you're far from guaranteed to get them all.

Zil

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
I beg your pardon? IN has a fuckton of hard supergrazes, unfocused milking and fairy timings. And IN scoring requires survival, so does lower difficulty SA and PCB, and especially MoF.
He only meant that those supergrazes don't earn you lives. So the heart of the scoring system doesn't play much of a role in a survival run, since earning lives is only about number of point items, and EoSD and MoF pretty much just hand you the extends. PoFV and HRtP are the only two I can think of that really force you to play for score in order to survive.
Also lower difficulty PCB and SA.
Actually, judging by this part, I think you may have misunderstood what I said. When I said scoring was relevant to survival in PoFV, I meant that scoring helps you survive, not that surviving helps you score.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:46:07 AM by Zil »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »
Yes, PoFV requires you to abuse the scoring system to its fullest in order to survive.

No, it's not easy to get all the extends. If all my bitching up to now isn't proof I don't know what is. Oh, and that replay is Normal. Lunatic is much more tight seeing as you're forced to lose lives sometimes because the bosses are invincibru.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 04:26:11 PM »
Shikieiki owes me a new pair of hands.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Yukari. Stop running into bullets. Please. You've ruined two IN Normal Perfect attempts.

Enjoy.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
*decide to try Lunatic difficult*
Playing Touhou 12

Yes, I'm suck at Lunatic difficult  :colonveeplusalpha:
Happy to see that isn`t only me that suck at lunatic mode :P

And that Kaguya`s Dragon`s necklace kills me more than that Rainbow Danmaku =o
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:59 PM »
No bombs for  "Super-Water Repelling Bone-Dry Monster" . 
That's alright, I'll just try to capture it!
*Get a decent chunk of its hp off with a bit of luck, then "pichuun!".* 
Well, just have to finish it off now.
*Somehow dies twice more because of cluster bullets spawning in front of me.*
 :colonveeplusalpha:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
Ha ha ha, Phantasmagoria Trues...

Good one. I LOVE your ASININE, CRUEL JOKES.

I'M JUST TRYING TO SCORE ON STANDARD MODE OF ALL FUCKING THINGS AND YOU'RE BEING A FUCKING DICK ABOUT LETTING ME DO SO

Enjoy.

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:51 AM »
Fucking hell, the Yaobi sisters are bloody sadists.

Then again, so is just about every other character in MB Lunatic. You know you're in for a real treat when the Stage 1 midboss card is a planned bomb.

And this is coming from someone who can 1D0B MB Normal without breaking a sweat.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »
This is a scenario of my first fight with Sakuya in Phantasmagoria Trues. I was given a choice between two routes that were unnamed at the start of the level, and I chose the right, which happened to be Area 4 Ura. Oh fuck.

Oh hey, we're fighting Sakuya.

Detachment "Mind Over Matter"

Oh. Doesn't seem too baFUCK YOU SAKUYA THAT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR *In this spell, Sakuya pulls an instantaneous Lunatic Red Moon, where she MOVES STUFF AHEAD A GREAT AMOUNT WITH LITTLE WARNING BEFOREHAND AND I THINK THE HITBOXES CARRY THROUGH AND KILL YOU IF YOU'RE BETWEEN THE FUCKING START AND DESTINATION

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ugh... Now that that's over, maybe that's just one dickery card.

Time Passing "Twilight Walker"

Maybe I can try to caGOD DAMMIT SAKUYA THAT'S BULLSHIT *This one isn't THAT bad though I have to say that the stopping time gimmick is fucking bullshit

UGH.

Superstring "D-Braneworld"

Okay, doesn't seem so horrible. This is the only one that has a remotely fair gimmick. Thank you for giving me a fucking break.

Engraved Temple "Daylight Volkswagen"

I don't remember this encounter.

Severing "Distortion Square"

Oh hey, STREAMING WHILE GOING UP AND DOWN ALONG WITH LEFT OR RIGHT. TOTALLY MISSED YOU.

I went in this fucking fight with four lives and came out with none. I used all the fucking bombs I could.

And all because I went to the right five minutes before then.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:25:04 AM by Ace »

Enjoy.

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 04:11:33 AM »
^And that's why I take the left path for stage 4 :V.  Youmu's a million times easier.  Also, I think the teleporting knives don't hit the area between their teleports, but I'm not 100%.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 04:34:24 AM »
^And that's why I take the left path for stage 4 :V.  Youmu's a million times easier.  Also, I think the teleporting knives don't hit the area between their teleports, but I'm not 100%.

And the sad part is eventually I'm gonna want to perfect these stages. That means I'll have to perfect the Sakuya fight. FUCK.

Enjoy.

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 06:16:53 AM »
Total Purification can go die. I have more tries on this damn Last Word than any other. Ugh ugh ugh ugh. Clip clip clip clip. At least Fantasy Heaven is somewhat memorizable. This trash is just... My eyes just get crossed so quickly. At 33% health, I just can't keep up anymore and hit something. Wow. Clocking in at 189 attempts with no end in sight.

I... I just don't know what's going wrong...

Edit: Oh yeah that reminds me. I hate how playing as Border team has spoiled me. I can't play Magic team for beans now. Alice just moves SO FAST when focused. And I thought microtapping was hard enough already...

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
Total Purification can go die. I have more tries on this damn Last Word than any other. Ugh ugh ugh ugh. Clip clip clip clip. At least Fantasy Heaven is somewhat memorizable. This trash is just... My eyes just get crossed so quickly. At 33% health, I just can't keep up anymore and hit something. Wow. Clocking in at 189 attempts with no end in sight.

I... I just don't know what's going wrong...

Edit: Oh yeah that reminds me. I hate how playing as Border team has spoiled me. I can't play Magic team for beans now. Alice just moves SO FAST when focused. And I thought microtapping was hard enough already...
It's all in the rhythm.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
How do people even like fighting Sakuya, anyway? She's total bullcrap in every game she's in with possibly the exception of PCB, in which I never really found Sakuya fun to use.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
5/5 of my last five proper 6a attempts have perfected Eirin up to and including Game of Rising.
2/5 of my last five proper 6a attempts have perfected Eirin up to and including third nonspell.

Self explanatory.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:46:45 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
Rust strikes again. So many deaths all over the place in whatever I'm doing, and almost all of them on easy stuff that I should never be dying on. I gave up after it all culminated in a death on Knockout in Three Steps.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
>Makes it to Stage 6 Mima (Phantasmagoria Trues)'s last spell with absurd high score for a first time
>Forgets to save replay

FUCK

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
This is a scenario of my first fight with Sakuya in Phantasmagoria Trues. I was given a choice between two routes that were unnamed at the start of the level, and I chose the right, which happened to be Area 4 Ura. Oh fuck.

Oh hey, we're fighting Sakuya.

Detachment "Mind Over Matter"

Oh. Doesn't seem too baFUCK YOU SAKUYA THAT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR *In this spell, Sakuya pulls an instantaneous Lunatic Red Moon, where she MOVES STUFF AHEAD A GREAT AMOUNT WITH LITTLE WARNING BEFOREHAND AND I THINK THE HITBOXES CARRY THROUGH AND KILL YOU IF YOU'RE BETWEEN THE FUCKING START AND DESTINATION

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ugh... Now that that's over, maybe that's just one dickery card.

Time Passing "Twilight Walker"

Maybe I can try to caGOD DAMMIT SAKUYA THAT'S BULLSHIT *This one isn't THAT bad though I have to say that the stopping time gimmick is fucking bullshit

UGH.

Superstring "D-Braneworld"

Okay, doesn't seem so horrible. This is the only one that has a remotely fair gimmick. Thank you for giving me a fucking break.

Engraved Temple "Daylight Volkswagen"

I don't remember this encounter.

Severing "Distortion Square"

Oh hey, STREAMING WHILE GOING UP AND DOWN ALONG WITH LEFT OR RIGHT. TOTALLY MISSED YOU.

I went in this fucking fight with four lives and came out with none. I used all the fucking bombs I could.

And all because I went to the right five minutes before then.
Shhhhhhh
It's okay
Drink some barq
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:46:12 PM by fonduemaster »

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »
ALDHFJDFHLAJHFLJHDSAJHDFLALHFJALHJFUCKYOUMIKODLSKJHFAKJDHLAJHDFLAJH

YOU KILL ME JUST BEFORE I WIN D8<

AND DAMN YOU FAIRIES. AND WISPS. YOU FRIGGIN MADE ME LOSE ALL MY LIVES BEFORE MIKO BECAUSE I HAVENT PLAYED TEN DESIRES IN A MONTH AND FORGOT ABOUT YOUR SPAWN PLACEMENTS ON THE SIDES. ARGHGHHHHH

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »
How do people even like fighting Sakuya, anyway? She's total bullcrap in every game she's in with possibly the exception of PCB, in which I never really found Sakuya fun to use.

Hey man

EoSD Sakuya is way fun

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 01:57:29 AM »
Played some EoSD.
1DNB lunatic Meiling!  to the post-Flower Dream Vine nonspell of all things!

EoSD Sakuya is way fun
Then a 1DNB Sakuya!  to the last spell!  This makes 2 1DNB Sakuya fights, the other to the second nonspell.