Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 223947 times)

Drake

Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:52 AM »
Previous thread

Share your recent failures and moan about how you lost to X boss because of clipdeaths and how you totally didn't just run right into everything.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22430
Failed SA Stage 5, but did really well for the most part. Even the deaths weren't awful, but a failure (not-perfect) nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:06:29 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:50 AM »
? on: Today at 02:02:52 am ?

? on: Today at 02:02:55 am ?

Well played.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Drake

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:05:28 AM »
You didn't even post a relevant failure therefore I double-win.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:15:01 AM »
New thread~

Pretty sure I just died to Tewi in PoFV. ...Yep, not imagining things.

Zil

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:36:14 AM »
EIKI BREAK MY HEART

:qq:

Chuckolator

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
You didn't even post a relevant failure therefore I double-win.
but my entire post counts as a failure now

I can't crack 50%.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:12:00 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »
I got to Byakuren on UFO Lunatic and my game crashed. Oh and I was recording a Let's Play and I had 5 extra lives... Fuck.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »
I need a post here. To stay updated with this threads developments. But I haven't played Touhou (or shmups at all) in forever.

So it pisses me the hell of that I haven't had the desire to play any Touhou recently. How's that. Whatever.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »
I decided to try timing out Yuyuko's penultimate card, since It's pretty funny. (it has butterflies)

On my first try, I decided to drop it since I'm an idiot.

I now have a 1-miss pacifist of it. Maybe some day. Maybe. MAYBE.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
How I long for the day when luck-dependent bullshit is no longer included in games because it does not equal fun or a challenge.
At least I finally made it to the last stage on Lunatic, getting closer now.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »
That's twice now I got to Shikieiki with 2 extra lives, survived for like 5 minutes overall and died when she had 1/2 hits left. She's mocking me aaaaaaaa

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »
I need a post here. To stay updated with this threads developments.

Ah, fun fact: By clicking the "Unread" link instead of "Replies", you can follow a thread without commenting in it.

No failures to report other than, you know, always dying within seconds of clearing any path in GFW.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Why the fuck did my UFO break when it only needed one more item fuck now I'm short a third of a fucking bomb dammit Kogasa I'm trying to NoFocus clear UFO Hard
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »
Why the fuck did my UFO break when it only needed one more item fuck now I'm short a third of a fucking bomb dammit Kogasa I'm trying to NoFocus clear UFO Hard
Worst.
Feeling.
Ever.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
(Darnit Seiga, you led me to the wrong thread! Didn't know this is part of the RAGE series)

After playing IN Normal and died to Marisa with the Border Team, I tried to use the Scarlet Team and defeat Reimu instead. Sadly, she is just as annoying as Marisa, if not hard. :o

Stage 4 difficulty spikes, GO TO HELL.  :flamingv:
Getting in my way of 1cc'ing IN Normal is evil.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
good luck with that  :V

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
Okay, finally getting to the point where I'm plain mad.

Three extra lives. Should have been four, but lost two lives on Komachi despite being super close to losing one. Guess what? Both third and fourth attempts at Shikieiki got her down to 1/2, both lasted over two minutes, and I failed!

I was playing really fucking well. I should have won. Stupid idiotic AI, fucking crap.

Playing as Reisen if that's relevant to anything.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:09:33 PM by BT »

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Fucking hell, Marine Benefit, can't I have one fucking run where I don't get clipped?

I WILL have that perfect, it's just a matter of when. Doesn't stop it being annoying every bloody time I lose half an hour of work to one stupid hit.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
NOW I'm angry.

Two extra lives, same failure on the third attempt with 1/2 left and 2:10+ minutes gone. Nothing special. Oh, what's that? My score? Oh, it's 63,000,000. Before the last extend. Before the second last extend.

I have no idea how these things even happen. I die once to Sakuya, die only once to Medicine and die only once to Komachi, which is my best run to date, and I was playing aggressively, chaining spirits everywhere. HOW did my score stay that low? This game makes no sense. ^_^

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »
NOW I'm angry.

Two extra lives, same failure on the third attempt with 1/2 left and 2:10+ minutes gone. Nothing special. Oh, what's that? My score? Oh, it's 63,000,000. Before the last extend. Before the second last extend.

I have no idea how these things even happen. I die once to Sakuya, die only once to Medicine and die only once to Komachi, which is my best run to date, and I was playing aggressively, chaining spirits everywhere. HOW did my score stay that low? This game makes no sense. ^_^

I swear I'm not hitting on you, maybe I'm just in way too good a mood, but that's some amazing anger management right there. To top it off, you're even being somewhat cute, then your avatar, playing Reisen, cute enough to make me want a life-sized plushy of you. I think I'd call it the "Angry Huggy Bear" and I'd hug it every night in my bed. Again, I'm not hitting on you, but that just came to my mind for whatever reason, don't ask me why.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
Maybe next time I'll use a different emoticon.

Pretty clear that my lack of score is directly linked to how well I do against Medicine and Komachi, since the more times I get to battle them the more huge bonuses I guess, but is there no reliable way to get close to 90,000,000 before Shikieiki WITHOUT wasting lives on earlier bosses?

Zil

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »
You don't want to waste lives, you want to last as long as you can in the first round of each match, since victory is essentially impossible in the first round. Doing well against Medicine would be keeping your spell points locked at the maximum and spamming level 2 spells like there's no tomorrow. Reisen's like the score-meister. Consistently reaching 90mil is totally doable with only one death to each of those three.

Chuckolator

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »
Captured Apollo 13 and Astronomical Entombing!

Failed Genealogy, Omoikane, fourth nonspell. Eirin's messing wth me. <_<

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:29 AM »
Thought that doing a continues run through Lunatic would make Hard mode feel easier.
but nope
even more running into bullets
kill me

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
SA is just... So much ugh. I don't know how to describe it any other way. Stage 1 is killer without borders, Yamame's opener owns me, her two spells both tend to clip me, Parsee's first non-spell clips me, stage 3 is a mess of lasers that I can't read for the life of me, stage 4 is full of clip-tastic bullets that flood the screen with death, Satori's first spell drives me up a wall, DBDB is random, the spell after that is all sorts of clip clip, stage 5 is an absolute mess, and I can't unlock stage 5 for practice because Orin is just  :o.

God the only easy part of SA's latter half is BoWaP.

And yet... This sounds exactly like what I thought MoF Lunatic was like when I first did it. But why does SA feel so much worse?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »
And yet... This sounds exactly like what I thought MoF Lunatic was like when I first did it. But why does SA feel so much worse?
Because MoF has more powerful bombs and SA is worse.  Take some solace in that Utsuho is surprisingly easy for a final boss-only about Satori-level difficulty.

Stage 1 is brutal, yes.
Parsee's opener shouldn't be a problem at full power, just 2 waves, which a re triviial if you don't move.  The stage 3 lasers...bombs are the best way I found too.  Stage 4 is clippy?  I never noticed.  A lot of it is either static or aimed though, so a couple stage runs and it should feel a lot easier.  Terrifying Hypnotism=bomb on lunatic.  Stage 5 has some of the edge taken off it by memorization-play it a bunch on hard until you get it down, then try again.  Orin is also ridiculous, but a good stage run and you should be able to bomb through the hard stuff (i.e. everything but her 1st 2 nonspells and second spell)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »
My responses in bold.

Stage 1 is killer without borders, Everything is static or aimed except Kisume's card, just learn the stuff. Yamame's opener owns me, Go up and over the red bullets if she moves down, which is the only time this attack is ever threatening. her two spells both tend to clip me, It's just dodging, practice and you'll get better. Parsee's first non-spell clips me, There's a pattern to this attack, just follow the open spaces. stage 3 is a mess of lasers that I can't read for the life of me, Again, practice and you'll get better at it. stage 4 is full of clip-tastic bullets that flood the screen with death, Similar to Stage 1, everything but Orin's second midboss attack is static or aimed. Satori's first spell drives me up a wall, Static again. DBDB is random, the spell after that is all sorts of clip clip, These are indeed both hard, but fair. You'll get more comfortable the more you play them. stage 5 is an absolute mess, only midboss-Orin and the pellet hell after are truly hard, but well-timed bombs help ease the pain. and I can't unlock stage 5 for practice because Orin is just  :o. What shot type are you using? ReimuA and ReimuB can plow through her first card, and other than that only her last three attacks are consistently hard. Good questions for the Spellcard Help thread if you find them too much of a brick wall.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:57 AM »
Hello right hand.

"Hello, Jonathan"

Shall we attempt UFO Hard without focusing again?

"Damn skippy."

Nice touch.

*Later on, in Stage 2...

"BNIOPWBGINHWEVIPNJWEIPHDPGHPWGPHW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS SO I'M GOING TO FIDGET AROUND AND HOPE I PULL A The Day the Sea Split OUT OF MY NONEXISTENT ASS"

STOP IT STOP IT STOP YOU MADE ME WASTE TWO FUCKING BOMBS TO KOGASA'S MIDBOSS SPELL

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 02:10:47 AM »
Reisen's like the score-meister.

Why is Reisen in particular good at scoring?