Author Topic: [Art] Crow used Roost!  (Read 96052 times)

[Art] Crow used Roost!
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »
Please skip to page 6 for the latest art. Search through the older pages at your own risk.

I do believe I need a proper art thread now.

My new pieces of art (and old ones, probably) will now have a second home here at MotK. I'm not sure what I should do with my Patapon project, although I have plans of restarting it.

Now, on to some drawings!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:38:13 PM by CrowCakes »

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: [Art] Crow's Dump of Art
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:37:22 AM »
Hmm different art style, it remember me that flash animations. I liked more the Youmu and Yuyuko ones, but it's like that Yuyuko has only one leg :P Can you draw some of these of Alice, Yukari or Nitori?  :D
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:32:08 AM »
Okay, three youkai coming right up.

I think I accidentally gave her realistic proportions. She kinda looks like a pirate to me. I don't know why.

Actually, I already had a Yukari ready, but I didn't like it. So I drew another one.

I don't like what happened to the drills, but I don't want to copy-paste them.

Now back to the regular schedule.

I like desaturated colors now. I fail at isometry.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:24:48 AM by Pwn'd Crow »

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:30:02 AM »
Oh you are fast, nice job. And how can you fail at isometry if you drew only one side of the body of  Reimu and Satori? :)

PS: Alice Sparrow :P
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
Kaze, look carefully at the background in Satori's picture.

Drawings!

1: Aya has shoulders too wide for my liking. 2: I should have made bigger wings, but meh,

My biggest dilemma was what pseudo-medieval weapon to give Utsuho. I ended up giving her two gauntlets and designed them so that they'd at least look cool. Or something.

I intended for this to be like the Yuugi drawing, but I neither knew how to draw people standing on something nor how to draw a guillotine at that time, Now it looks like Suika has a hoof, and I honestly have no idea what that blade she has is supposed to be.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
I've almost forgotten about these. Don't forgtet to click the thumbnails! The pictures are much bigger than the thumbnails, of course.

I needed to practice how to turn chibis into full manga/anime-proportionate people.

I still have no real grasp on how to draw tails. What kind of shape do they have?

I used to actually like this one because of the colors. I think I'm getting put off by the anatomy now.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »
Very nice

I've always wanted to do a set. ;w;
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
Noname, is that you?  :o Thank you very much!

But doing a set is too much effort and you'll never be able to DRAW ALL THE TOUHOUS

The head's wrong.

The drawing that started the weapons set. Linguists will note that the name is in the wrong order, and viewers will note that it wasn't drawn in ink.

Should I remove the gohei?

CLICK THE THUMBNAIL! This was from around five or more months ago. I wanted to experiment with wide faces like in Hidamari Sketch.

And I'll just leave Never-Failing Gpop Schmuck Bait right here.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »
Utsuho without her blast atomic cannon, nooooooo! :P

And that Eirin's head is like Meiling, nice drawings :D

PS: Idk what is a Gohei
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 04:03:17 AM »
Kaze, go look it up on Wikipedia.

Have some more Never-Failing Gpop Shmuck Bait!

I redrew this from another drawing because the head on that one was wrong.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
Noname, is that you?  :o Thank you very much!

But doing a set is too much effort and you'll never be able to DRAW ALL THE TOUHOUS

That's exactly the point why it's kinda difficult in doing a set orz

I've only had drawn 10 Touhous in my life =))

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
I wonder why I forgot about this.

[attach=1]

While you're at it, read here.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »
I wonder why I forgot about this.

[attach=1]

While you're at it, read here.
Yuyuko lulz  :V
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »

Gee, experimenting different things on the same subject gets rather bland. I used a thicker ink size on this one.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »

Same ink size as the last, but now with colors (?) and shading and messy stuff! I accidentally applied the coloring last, though, so it's not as nice as I wanted it to be. But I'm still pleased with it. Right arm is wrong, and Suika isn't bending her knees low enough to make it more dynamic.

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »

I've never really gotten how to make something messy with blood. Blood is a liquid, yes, but does it seep up clothes?

Should I color my drawings, or is the black-and-white style okay?

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 02:05:27 AM »
The splash of red is a nice touch to the picture.

You know, I don't think I've seen too many colored drawings of yours, so how about a few colored ones? (If you want, of course.)

OH. And while I'm still awake/coherent, I want to mention something about your Suika picture. You should bend the lower part of her right leg forward since it looks like her leg isn't attached to her body.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:22:22 AM by Aoshi-shi »
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
Quote from: Aoshi
You know, I don't think I've seen too many colored drawings of yours, so how about a few colored ones? (If you want, of course.)

An hour later, I come out with this.

Mark my words, I will color this with a certain palette of colors. (HINT: Look at its filename)  And soon, I hope.

...I don't know what happened here.

Merp

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54:45 AM »

I've never really gotten how to make something messy with blood. Blood is a liquid, yes, but does it seep up clothes?

b/w with a healthy dose of red is always delicious!

Also color too mainstream, black/white instead. hoho
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »
@Merp: Noted so that my conscience can be put to rest. :V

So I wondered what it would be like for the universe's coldest omnicidal jester, who was blown up into nothing by a certain plumber, and the universe's greatest hax troll to merge. Because a Koishi's-body-and-Yukari's-head isn't enough.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 03:07:06 AM »
Also color too mainstream, black/white instead. hoho

I demand the highest of fives

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
I demand the highest of fives

Here you go.

This is an old drawing. I was copying Touhoumon sprites. :V

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »
*yawn*

...I really should stop trying to color. These funky colors are making me go crazy.

Just some shading practice.

This is for a RP group on dA. I'm experimenting with using only lines to color. The wings were kinda tacked on, because I forgot to draw them before I started coloring. The right sleeve has me confused, too.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:17 AM »
*yawn*

...I really should stop trying to color. These funky colors are making me go crazy.

Her face looks scary, it can make you crazy :P

And

I liked more that black-and-white style that you used with Suika. Maybe mix that shadow effect with the colors like you did in this Yuyuko.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 02:19:24 AM »
Quote from: Kaze_Senshi
I liked more that black-and-white style that you used with Suika. Maybe mix that shadow effect with the colors like you did in this Yuyuko.

You mean like this?

I really have to work on people lying down. I can't seem to draw flattened clothes and hair.

I tried animation on GIMP. It sucks that I have to manually paint white over the previous frames.

Merp

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 03:55:41 AM »
You mean like this?

Oh man you need to try out those faber castell Sephia Pitt brush pens
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:03:26 AM by Merp »
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:56 AM »
You mean like this?

Hmm I liked this one, for me you should make the tree's trunk textures too, like when you did that shadow effects in Suika, and that left branch's form looks a bit artificial.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
@Kaze_Senshi: I see. More messy stuff, I take it?

Since I'm too lazy to draw anything, have this animation.

I have absolutely no idea what happened here.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

1.5 MB, folks! That is the size of this file. Look what detail, color, and size can do to your drawings.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

1.5 MB, folks! That is the size of this file. Look what detail, color, and size can do to your drawings.
Nice work :) The unique problem is that she is too flat, but this isn't a real problem :P
( ゆっくりしていってね)>