Author Topic: [Art] Crow used Roost!  (Read 96383 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: [Art] Crow used Roost! [s](no pokemon, sorry)[/s]
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »
third eye, the third leg and the concrete foot
No. :[

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »
Also you shouldn't forget the third eye, the third leg and the concrete foot :P
No. :[
It's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

I do NOT like the way this turned out. At all.

Here's the one without lighting.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Delfigamer

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2013, 06:26:49 AM »
I do NOT like the way this turned out. At all.
I personally like first post version more. It has that bewitching feeling similar to that of military ghosts, while later picture seems to lack it.
I wonder if "bewitching" actually means what I've thought reading its dictionary entry, though seems like this word still goes well here. :V

I see you're developing your own style, distinct from others here, and yet having its own charm. Keep it up! :3
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:30:41 AM by Delfigamer »

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2013, 05:20:52 AM »

Practice and study! (i stayed up last night drawing mannequins) Now I have to figure out actions. T_T

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
Maybe I should take a break.

(Obviously incomplete. The braids looked nicer before I shaded them, I swear.) How do I fix the left hand?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »
Maybe I should take a break.

(Obviously incomplete. The braids looked nicer before I shaded them, I swear.) How do I fix the left hand?

First thing I notice is that she looks like she has depth to her body, which is a big improvement over what used to seem 'flat'.
Then, I notice the left hand's thumb should be on the outside of her body since the palms a facing up. A simple way to double check is to simply take your hands and put them in front of you both with your palms facing down. You notice the thumbs should be pointing toward the body. Now if you put your hands with palms up, you'll notice that the thumbs point outward.
But besides that, that looks like an extremely uncomfortable position for the left arm. Try doing it yourself. I'd say try looking up some basic martial arts stances for good reference. This also might help the right hand from looking like she's fist pumping the air. Maybe rotate the wrists more towards her face (so we don't see the whole front part of the right hand - the awkward part), and then tipping the wrists a bit forward, almost like a flexing pose.
Your ears also seem very out of place, and not integrated well. I had this same problem with the Kyouko and other Rin pic of yours.
You've been improving a lot though, so keep it up!
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
First thing I notice is that she looks like she has depth to her body, which is a big improvement over what used to seem 'flat'.
Then, I notice the left hand's thumb should be on the outside of her body since the palms a facing up. A simple way to double check is to simply take your hands and put them in front of you both with your palms facing down. You notice the thumbs should be pointing toward the body. Now if you put your hands with palms up, you'll notice that the thumbs point outward.
But besides that, that looks like an extremely uncomfortable position for the left arm. Try doing it yourself. I'd say try looking up some basic martial arts stances for good reference. This also might help the right hand from looking like she's fist pumping the air. Maybe rotate the wrists more towards her face (so we don't see the whole front part of the right hand - the awkward part), and then tipping the wrists a bit forward, almost like a flexing pose.
Your ears also seem very out of place, and not integrated well. I had this same problem with the Kyouko and other Rin pic of yours.
You've been improving a lot though, so keep it up!
1) Right when I draw an actual anatomical figure.  :o I'm not sure if the depth was carried over into the base colors, though.
2) Yeah, the left hand was pretty uncomfortable. I've changed that now, but I haven't gotten to rotating the right hand wrist yet. (I'm planning to have Rin hold a weapon, probably a scythe, in her right hand)
3) I'm not sure exactly where the ears are placed. Behind the start of the bangs?
4) I've had enough of typing "yay," so here's an icon instead.

Update #2

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
That left hand looks so amazing now I can't begin to describe it.

Delfigamer

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
(Rin removed from quote.)
...so amazing I can't begin to describe it.
________

MLP? In my MotK? It was more likely than I thought.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:32:56 PM by Delfigamer »

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »

Update #3. Right hand was changed, and shading has commenced. I predict that I will epic fail drawing Rin's tails, which I have repeatedly messed up during previous attempts. :V

Delfigamer

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
I wonder if her tails are long enough to even reach the bottom of that skirt. :3

In official sources I'va found those tails aren't depicted either, so it may be safe to assume her tails aren't visible under her short official skirt, neither under long one here.

Maybe... oh no, seems like Satori keeps strict discipline in the former Hell, poor Rin...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:11:10 PM by Delfigamer »

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »
Maybe... oh no, seems like Satori keeps strict discipline in the former Hell, poor Rin...
What are you trying to get at?  :wat:

Done! Now excuse me while I stab my eyes out. I gotta get some shut-eye.

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
That shading is the best thing, especially around the right hand and all over the dress, wow.
The only complaints I have would be that it looks somewhat awkward on the right arm, and that it makes it look like the left hip is coming out of thin air. Maybe rounding that part out a bit more could work.

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »
That shading is the best thing, especially around the right hand and all over the dress, wow.
The only complaints I have would be that it looks somewhat awkward on the right arm, and that it makes it look like the left hip is coming out of thin air. Maybe rounding that part out a bit more could work.

Better? Couldn't see anything wrong with the right arm, though.

« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
Sketch dump.

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2013, 07:07:48 AM »

The practice never ends! T_T

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
Cool sketches, two questions:

1- Isn't your thighs in your last sketch too much thin?
2- What is that thing in the bottom-left part of  your sketch?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
Cool sketches, two questions:

1- Isn't your thighs in your last sketch too much thin?
2- What is that thing in the bottom-left part of  your sketch?
1) I'm sure the right thigh is the one that's too thin. It's not in the correct position for standing. (could be said for both legs tho)
2) I was trying to draw legs from basic shapes.

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »
I guess I can post these.  These are all failed attempts at making my AWA Mystia entry work.

No. 1
No. 2
No. 3; really just no. 2 but with different limb poses

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2013, 05:34:00 AM »
All hail our new overlords, the BoxSnakes. \o/

« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

I think I may have burned away my muse while studying anatomy. I drew this to test whether I could actually draw SOMETHING other than blank bodies.

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
[nsfw][/nsfw]

A 30 minute pose sketching session. By NSFW, I mean nudity because of anatomy.

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

I suppose I should post here what practice I've managed to accomplish so far.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »

I suppose I should post here what practice I've managed to accomplish so far.
I think that the connection between arms and the body looks a bit strange. Maybe some problem with the chest muscles. Also I think that the girl should have larger hips.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
I planned on never coming back to AAA. Too bad. i had to visit freeze's stream again and talk didn't i As promised (to those concerned), my scans are coming day after I post some filler to get this thread bumped up for easier reference.

kimono is too short; will lengthen
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:46:42 PM by CrowCakes »

Re: [Art] Crow used Roost!
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
These scans come from my random doodling after my summer break. As an extra, I've included one made during the summer break.

Delfigamer

« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
I planned on never coming back to AAA.
Why so bad?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
Looking at what you've done over the summer you made a massive leap compare to where you were several months ago. I'm glad to see you took a big stride to become better Crow. Glad to have you back. : )
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Normally, I'd say I have no time to draw, but I seem to be able to churn something out every once in a while.

I'm not posting the image here this time because the blue background of MotK is messing with the image. Click here.

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »
After filling up another sketchbook, I've decided to pump some blood into this thread. College is not merciful, though, so I'm not sure when I can finish posting all my scans (which haven't been scanned yet). I do have some digital sketches though.

I did not notice that her legs were not long enough for her torso.