Author Topic: [Art] PPPPasu's Suzuran Field *poof poof poof* edition  (Read 287820 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: [Art] PPPPasu's Suzuran Field *poof poof*
« Reply #690 on: May 12, 2013, 01:03:35 AM »
slightly big update with lots of non touhou, touhou, and the inbetween!
Sweet as always. :3

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #694 on: May 13, 2013, 04:59:58 AM »
The extra stage will be more than enough, trust me :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #695 on: May 14, 2013, 04:01:05 AM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2013, 01:39:54 AM »
man anything dealing with animation takes forever

STAGE 1 TEST

-now with game over screen and a bunch of other effects
-stage 2 is just a placeholder, you can hit ESC to go back to the title screen

Please rate the first stage's difficulty on a scale of Easy to Lunatic.

Also please tell me how long it takes to load. If it generally takes too long for everyone I'll have to cut down on some file sizes.

Also also try to find as many glitches as you can.

Other suggestions are welcome too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:42:41 AM by Suikama »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »
Oh hey it's Alice and Marisa how are you two doJESUS CHRIST THEY ARE SHOOTING AT ME.

I'd rate it as Hard on account of I didn't die instantly. :V Now to try again now that I remember what I'm supposed to do.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
S1 difficulty: normal

Loading wasn't too bad after the first load.

Funny developments, all right. Already have ideas for graphics and music but those generally come later in the dev cycle,
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:00:19 AM by ◯바클리 Slamjam Inspection »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
S1 difficult: 1 Pasu-head Easy

I think that you should increase the speed of the conversion and make the bosses lose "conversion points", when it reaches zero it would become a cute and awesome pasu head. This way the game would become faster and dynamic without letting the bosses stopped for many time to let you use the actual conversion speed.

And change the "Now loading..." for "Please wait warmly..." at the loading screen.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

pineyappled

« Reply #700 on: May 15, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »
S1: normal
And change the "Now loading..." for "Please wait warmly..." at the loading screen.
nope

« Reply #701 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
It's "please watch warmly" anyways :v

also a tip: get behind alice asap and then it becomes mostly trivial. touching the characters themselves wont hurt you, only bullets. you can actually speedrun the level by rushing down alice asap.

I will reduce the charge time on the attack a bit because it does feel a bit sluggish, but not too much so you have to figure out where to strike rather than just mashing Z everywhere.

man anything dealing with animation takes forever
;-;
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:51:55 AM by Suikama »

« Reply #702 on: May 16, 2013, 03:10:33 AM »
I'm not going to do this for every single level but since I'm still getting the hang of trying to balance things here is...

STAGE 2: FUN TIMES AT THE SDM

Here are a few tips if you're stuck:
Stage 1
-Being behind Alice means you don't have to deal with her jumping doll arc attack
Super tip:
Spoiler:
When the level begins, hold down right. As you run up to Alice, do a short jump over over the first doll and fastfall to avoid the second one. You should reach Alice with plenty of time to get her.

Stage 2
-This level may seem overwhelming at first people there are 4 people attacking you at the same time, but once you recognize each attack pattern it becomes much easier (like actual touhou)
-Meiling's attack can be avoided with a double jump. Be careful of Sakuya's knives though
-Patchouli's attack doesn't hurt on the way up, and has a ring as a range indicator. Don't stand in it.
-Remilia rushes forward as soon as the bat signal fades out
-Meiling and Remilia charge at roughly the same time. Avoid them by either short jumping over Remilia or double jumping over both.
-You can hit more than one touhou at the same time with an attack.
Super tip:
Spoiler:
Remember, a true Pasuist fears no touhou! Rush to the other side of the screen asap by double jumping over Meiling and Remilia and take out Patchouli asap. Once she's gone, the rightmost corner becomes a safespot to everything except for stray knives. Remilia will just stop short of you in that corner so you can take her out after waiting out her second attack. If you're quick enough, you can also take out Meiling before she rockets off for the 3rd time. When only Sakuya's left it becomes pretty trivial. I might consider giving her a special timefreeze attack if she's the only one left but eh, still got a ton of other levels to do first.

welp so stage 2 took me all day but I think I'm getting faster at this. Hopefully I can continue doing one stage a day which means it will be finished on Monday? ... yeah that's not likely :V but hopefully I'll be done before Anime North on May 24
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:14:54 AM by Suikama »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2013, 03:59:05 AM »
Well, you made the SDM level pretty hard. I like that though: all glory to the hypnotoad Scarlet Devil! :D
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »
That took a fair few tries, but managed nonetheless. Might want it easened a little as harder levels get implemented.

I'd also add a timer and par system to encourage quick completion. Should time be at or below par then reward with extra lives, bonus stages, etc.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #705 on: May 16, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
Quick completion is it's own reward though. The faster you take out each touhou the easier the stage becomes. It's much harder to just try to dodge everything without fighting back. Maybe I'll give extra lives for lasting for a certain amount of time without converting anybody as a kinda of risk reward system.

e: ahaha stage 3's gimmick is amazing

e2: ugh construct2 keeps crashing and it keeps setting me back :<
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:38:02 PM by Suikama »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #706 on: May 17, 2013, 01:49:35 AM »
Can that red bats that Remilia summons hurt you or they are just Special Effects?

Also I think that Alice is glitching a bit when you start to walk in her direction from her back while she is leaving the screen running to the left.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #707 on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:49 AM »
Somehow... I beat stage 2 on my first try.

This game is shaping up beautifully.

pasu

Re: [S]: [Art] PPPPasu's Suzuran Field *poof poof*
« Reply #708 on: May 17, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
Streaming in a few www.livestream.com/ppppasu

--

I was never good at danmaku games and thus died so badly at stage 2 i'm just gonna retry it later...................

« Reply #709 on: May 17, 2013, 04:28:23 PM »
Can that red bats that Remilia summons hurt you or they are just Special Effects?

Also I think that Alice is glitching a bit when you start to walk in her direction from her back while she is leaving the screen running to the left.
It just an effect. It was kinda hard to see Remilia coming so I added an effect that makes it even harder to see! :V

Things tend to get a bit glitchy if the game isn't running at 60 fps. Not much I can do about it without redoing a bunch of things :<

Streaming in a few www.livestream.com/ppppasu

--

I was never good at danmaku games and thus died so badly at stage 2 i'm just gonna retry it later...................
The main thing is to stay far away from the Remi/Meiling pain train as much as you can :V

e: holy shit stage 3 is turning out much better than stage 2. It's also WAY harder :getdown:

Spoiler:
but there will still be a special way to clear it easily like every other level
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:07:36 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #710 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »
Alright stage 3 complete, which means...

Official Pasuquest Demo ver0.01

Note: Sanae's animations are a bit glitchy, so even after she's hit she might still keep doing funky things. I'll fix her up later but for now as long as she's not spewing stars then she still counts as being "converted".

I'm probably gonna take a bit of a break from working on this cause I've been just working on it for the past like 2 weeks :derp:

KrackoCloud

« Reply #711 on: May 17, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
Am I supposed to do anything with Aya and Utsuho, or is this where it ends...?

also I feel that at some point you should probably make a separate thing for this in RaNGE. It's really becoming a thing!

« Reply #712 on: May 17, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »
Man it is kinda hard to test stuff for fairness myself because everything is too obvious to me since I made it :V

You can actually stand on top of the shrine post. I made Aya walk around on it so that it would be more clear that you could actually stand up there but guess it's not so obvious when it's the only time so far in the game where there was a platform besides the floor. :derp:

Also in retrospect it's not clear that taking out Kanako KOs Utsuho as well, but the level is basically impossible without taking out Kanako asap so :derp:

KrackoCloud

« Reply #713 on: May 17, 2013, 11:44:30 PM »
Man it is kinda hard to test stuff for fairness myself because everything is too obvious to me since I made it :V

You can actually stand on top of the shrine post. I made Aya walk around on it so that it would be more clear that you could actually stand up there but guess it's not so obvious when it's the only time so far in the game where there was a platform besides the floor. :derp:

Also in retrospect it's not clear that taking out Kanako KOs Utsuho as well, but the level is basically impossible without taking out Kanako asap so :derp:
ah, no problem. I actually considered that but just didn't jump high enough to land on it.

Random glitch: I Pasu'd Sanae, but she stayed in her normal sprite/animation. Might wanna look into it?

« Reply #714 on: May 17, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
ah, no problem. I actually considered that but just didn't jump high enough to land on it.
yeah you actually have to optimize your jump to make it

Random glitch: I Pasu'd Sanae, but she stayed in her normal sprite/animation. Might wanna look into it?
yeah that was the glitch I mentioned earlier. I already fixed it though, I just haven't updated it because exporting the project takes like 10 minutes just for one visual glitch :V

pasu

« Reply #715 on: May 20, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
i'm still trying to convert more people to medi

and for those who are following the news for hopeless masq a congratulatory picture of sorts and some doodles of the screenshots revealed thus far as of the moment i am typing this

suikama i am so tempted to make a game cover right now

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #716 on: May 20, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
You are trying to wololo more people to Medi but you drew that Nitori, now I am converted to parachute Nitori :)

And what is that [S.] in the topic title?

Edit: Omg I can't type that without [5] without strikethrough the text

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:57:18 PM by Kaze_Senshi »
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #717 on: May 20, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
suikama i am so tempted to make a game cover right now
omg yes pls

pasu

« Reply #718 on: May 20, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »
You are trying to wololo more people to Medi but you drew that Nitori, now I am converted to parachute Nitori :)

And what is that [S.] in the topic title?

Edit: Omg I can't type that without [5] without strikethrough the text

oh woops the {s} is a edit to show that i'm currently streaming (and guess who forgot to take it out after the stream)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #719 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:25 PM »
The ground shaking/charging sound from the third stage keeps playing after you die
Otherwise, this is so good
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour