Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition  (Read 251269 times)

Re: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« Reply #990 on: January 24, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »
How the fuck do I survive Suwa War? I know the pale suns are random and the red suns are aimed, but knowing that isn't helping me that much, I still get constantly trapped. :getdown: It's the biggest obstacle keeping me from perfecting Suwako.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #991 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »
well, you can simply misdirect the red sund in the beginning. when the timer reaches 11-10 second, be on top of the screen and slowly stream down. you'll misdirect the red suns in a way that you have enough time not to get trapped.

I know that feel :V

« Reply #992 on: January 24, 2013, 02:23:06 AM »
I already try to do that. But I die before getting there. If I go too fast, I crash into something, if I go slower, it's already too late. :V

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2013, 02:56:49 AM »
try to make up your way a little sooner then. maybe your timing's off

do you have a replay or something? maybe I (or somene else, really) can tell what you are doing wrong (if you are doing something wrong). you could also try to stream it from left to right, but I think that would be much more difficult.

« Reply #994 on: January 24, 2013, 03:28:26 AM »
I only saved this one in which I go upwards much earlier (maybe because it was too late to go to the side, I don't remember), and I died for another reason. Well, I'll try again and might upload another one.

EDIT: nevermind, I'll try this tomorrow, or maybe other day, my hands are too cold right now. The problem is, I can't get up there because from like 15 seconds onwards I'm just struggling for survival. Most times I got to it, I end up doing something totally different (like the replay above), because I'm just struggling to stay alive, which made me capture that card only once ever. And that was even before I knew the red suns were aimed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:15:09 AM by Wriggle »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that beating th08 Lunatic requires much more memorization compared to beating th10 Lunatic or th07 Lunatic?
Signature

« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that beating th08 Lunatic requires much more memorization compared to beating th10 Lunatic or th07 Lunatic?
It's one of the more memorization based games. You can also cheese MoF and PCB by spamming bombs/borders and don't need to learn any patterns so maybe you're surprised by the amount of things you actually need to learn (even though you can just deathbomb everything in IN w).

Flan27

• I like bullets.
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

It might just be because I've become so frustrating doing lunatic spell practice, but if anything I think it just spams more cheap bullet walls.  There are games with better designed lunatic modes out there.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
It might just be because I've become so frustrating doing lunatic spell practice, but if anything I think it just spams more cheap bullet walls.  There are games with better designed lunatic modes out there.
IN is actually one of the most fair, least random games. There are no impassable walls at any point if you're doing things correctly, even while Kaguya can be nasty with her RNG based attacks.

« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2013, 11:00:12 PM »
Not so much help with spellcards, but can someone tell me why I got the last spell when I didn't meet the stage target? The screenshot is crap but you can see it's the last spell from the whole "nullity" thing.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #1000 on: January 27, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
I need help with Test Slave. I've watched videos of it, but still can't manage the thing at all. It constantly ends my runs even when I go in with 2-3 lives. Thing is, I just can't seem to do any damage - the one time I've passed it, it was after 2 deaths and then it timed out. I know the ball blocks my shots, but even my ice doesn't seem to be hurting Marisa.

Also a quick question: Ephemerality 137 Lunatic with Border or Scarlet teams - do you think it's worth taking out familiars, given how weak the human shots are and you can only take down 1 or 2 at best?

« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
Last!
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
I don't think it's worth it with Border Team or Scarlet Team on that card.

Arcengal, I just chalk it up to rounding errors.