Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition  (Read 251299 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:40 AM »
Kanako's first nonspell on Lunatic.

What do?
Use ReimuB.
Dodge 3 waves.
Bomb.

The way to dodge an appreciable amount of time is to read the 3 waves closest to you and line up with a safespot for those 3.  Repeat every wave.  Don't blink, trust me.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:29 AM »
There is a large discrepancy in the difficulty of Murasa's Stupid Sign Shitload Of Anchors on Normal and Hard mode, apparently.
Hard mode plox

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 02:25:13 AM »
There is a large discrepancy in the difficulty of Murasa's Stupid Sign Shitload Of Anchors on Normal and Hard mode, apparently.
Hard mode plox
Same strategy, just lots more bullets.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »
How exactly should I misdirect midboss and boss Youmu's first nonspells in Stage 5? I've seen others do it, but it seems I always fail on the execution. What should I look for?

and unanswered request
Lunasa's second nonspell, third wave. Trying for a perfect PCB Stage 4, and that seems to be the only thing I don't even know how to do.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
Since it starts a fixed distance away from her, and does not shoot towards her until it actually passes behind, you can sit directly on top of Youmu and rush downward when it begins. This applies to her nonspell as the fifth stage midboss, and the first one as the boss.
Don't try this in stage 6, because she actually shoots toward her then.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
Question: How hard do you guys find streaming vertically for Red Oni Blue Oni in PCB Extra? I find that the stream going up is that much tougher... Am I doing it wrong?

Although, I noticed it was a bit easier when I streamed more slowly at the bottom (on my way up) before streaming faster up.

Zil

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
You can stream down for the first wave, then horizontally on the bottom for the rest. Or so I've heard...

I remember having trouble with that card when I did that stage.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »
I typically only use vertical streaming in the beginning of that card. I start up by the mystical circle, then stream the first waves down to the bottom, then go left and right from there. It's easy to do it at the start since there are no slow bullets, and once they appear you'll want to stick with side-to-side streaming to keep things simple.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »
I typically only use vertical streaming in the beginning of that card. I start up by the mystical circle, then stream the first waves down to the bottom, then go left and right from there. It's easy to do it at the start since there are no slow bullets, and once they appear you'll want to stick with side-to-side streaming to keep things simple.

:\ I'll try again with horizontal afterwards, and also with vertical all the way and see how it goes.

Because I've noticed that because the bullets spawn from the top down, the stream back up is normally tougher than the one down because of how the bullets are most likely meshed together in a mess when you get up halfway, ruining your capture easily. But if you stream more slowly at first, the mess at the top is more spread out, simplifying the task.

...That, and I'm too lazy to stream side to side with SakuyaB, due to her non-homing shottype.  :3

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »
Meiling's first nonspell on Lunatic. Is there any way at all to make this easier?

Chuckolator

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
Adding to the nonspell requests with PCB Yuyuko 3rd on Hard. I can't tell the best way to do this.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:53:54 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
Meiling's first is somehow related to your position. If you move to the side while she creates the waves, they become trivial... or impossible. :U
Normally, you pick a path and move slowly to one side. Then you read the fast wave. There may be a trick involving what I mentioned above.

Yuyuko's third is 'streaming', no? Blue arrows are aimed, light blue arrows are aimed away, green butterfly rings are the only things you need to watch out for and they're kinda aimed as well I think.

Chuckolator

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
Yuyuko's third is 'streaming', no? Blue arrows are aimed, light blue arrows are aimed away, green butterfly rings are the only things you need to watch out for and they're kinda aimed as well I think.
That's her fourth. Third is the one with the blue knife walls and the slow waves of bubbles.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
I asked for help on her third as well.
I was told that the knives are memorized :L

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
Center first, sides when they start homing in on the center, center when they straighten up again. No way to trivialize it unless you like memorization.

I don't recall them being a problem before Lunatic, so you shouldn't have any problems with it on Hard, really.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »
ehh

Just hug the right corner. Swap to the middle if it gets too hairy, but the right corner works just fine.

Urgh I'm drunk. Pressing Post before typing most of the message.

But yeah, the main tip for me that works is to hug the right corner. If you're shooting it should actually finish the boss before stuff gets hard to dodge. However, when the corners are filled with knives (I think it was after seven waves shot), you can swap to the middle. Then, remember to almost instantly hop out from the middle, since you get walled really easily over there (what happened to me here IIRC; left one bubble too late and hit a wall) and shit. In my opinion the rightmost corner is the best spot. But it could just be me being either lucky or weird, this is my second ever time playing Yuyuko on hard or something. At least it's been a long time since my last visit and the histories were x/2. (and ReimuA was the only shot that had it open for some reason?)

The hardest part would be Sumizone, but that might just be me not having any idea where should the stuff be redirected to. I... I probably will cry when I wake up tomorrow and watch this replay, given how I died to that penultimate thingy three times. Oh dear, oh dear.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:50:54 PM by Seppo Hovi »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
Kanako's first nonspell on Lunatic.

What do?
Concentrate read hard and read.
You sit in the lanes formed by the bullets and switch lanes when it closes up, something like that anyways.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »
Whenever I try for a PCB 1cc on Normal, I notice a lot of my lives are gone in Stage 4. I see alot of streaming there, but sometimes things catch me by surprise, especially That One Fairy right before the boss. I always bomb that one.

And then there's the Prismrivers. I usually play as SakuyaA, and I have a lot of trouble dodging the trumpet player's (Merlin is her name I think) first non spell. Any hints with that?

Also I've been wondering how the first spell card works (I think its called Noisy Sign "Phantom Dining". Sometimes I don't pay attention to the spell card names... too busy panicking). What determines the next non spell after that?

Because one time, I captured that spell, and Merlin came back with her wtf lazors. Another time, it was Lunasa who shot at me.
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:57 AM »
I find the Hard/Lunatic spell in place of Phantom Dinning to be much easier, but that's just my opinion. For Phantom Dinning, what you're aiming for is to stream the bullets shot at you, but don't move too much at a time, or else you'll get walled on the other side before they stop their shot briefly. While you stream, you need to position yourself so that you are between the columns of bullets that are created from the music notes. The only problem here is that the columns become increasingly randomly aimed as the spell goes on (or is it just per wave? :V ), so you'd best try to stream mainly underneath one of the sisters before moving away to stream more to deal ample damage.

Merlin's opener is still annoying to me, no matter the difficulty. Apparently, you're supposed to move from side to side, spreading out the bullets that are shot so that they don't get piled up too much.

Here's the method shown to me by Malkyrian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wEkcB2nKe4

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »
OK, this seems really strange to ask, but anyone have any advice regarding Kanako's Miracle of Otensui on Easy? I have more trouble with the Easy version than the Hard version for some reason.

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »
OK, this seems really strange to ask, but anyone have any advice regarding Kanako's Miracle of Otensui on Easy? I have more trouble with the Easy version than the Hard version for some reason.
That is completely normal. That spellcard is either the hardest or second hardest Easy mode spellcard in the entirety of Touhou. (The other hardest card candidate being the one right after it.)

The best way to handle it is to start from the left side, move very very slowly over to the right, speeding up only when necessary to dodge the arrowheads, and then after reaching the middle of the screen, unfocus and dash diagonally right and up once you see an opening in the arrowheads. This should allow you to cross back over, at which point you just do the same thing in reverse.

Here's a video demonstration.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 05:05:51 AM »
That is completely normal. That spellcard is either the hardest or second hardest Easy mode spellcard in the entirety of Touhou. (The other hardest card candidate being the one right after it.)
What about Yuyuko's fifth card? That one gets really dense on Easy as well.

Anyway, thanks. I was dashing to the sides a lot more than that (it works well on higher difficulties to separate the red and purple arrowheads from the aimed bullets), but I guess moving slowly works better here.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »
Reisen's spell cards are evil. Her nonspells are cake, but her spells? URGH.
Help me, please? I have to bomb pretty much all of them.
(playing on Normal)
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 01:50:08 AM »
Reisen's spell cards are evil. Her nonspells are cake, but her spells? URGH.
Help me, please? I have to bomb pretty much all of them.
(playing on Normal)

Mind Shaker - Position yourself like in the replay, and just keep moving down and right.

Visionary Tuning - When you're trying to find a spot, pick one that's around the "方" and "永", which are to the right of the screen.

Idling Wave - Practice getting to the middle of the screen at the end of every wave. It's easily the hardest required part of the stage imo.

Invisible Full Moon - Once the bullets disappear, position yourself at around the middle of "永", and keep going down as you dodge one wave. Repeat.

Remote Rabbit - Practice it if you want; just remember that you don't have to get through it if you want to 1cc. It's pretty much reading.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:46 AM »
Thank you, Random, now I see what I was doing wrong.
Gonna practice Reisen's spells a bit, then go see if I can clear the game so I can unlock Stage 6 for practice.

Chuckolator

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 02:50:46 AM »
How does Youmu move on Worldly Attachment? All my runs that somehow make it through God's Flashing Slash end there because I can never stay under her.

_zheprime

• .... Time's Up!
  • Prepare to be pawned!....
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
.... Need Help: Advice on how to survive all of Marissa's spellcards in TH08 - IN.....

... I don't have any difficulty in the latter stages and bosses (except for reisen... but I  think I can handle them.... I've unlocked all the spellcards in the normal mode so I'm practicing all of them) but it is Marissa that extinguishes the extra lives I collected in the past three stages which makes a 1cc run of IN - normal mode pretty much harder..... I'm a beginner by the way so pardon me if I sounded like a fool or something but I really need help clearing the IN....

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 03:25:11 AM »
I need help on Youmu's last two card, stage 6 youmu opener, and all of Yuyuko (all of this on normal).

Chuckolator

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 03:51:37 AM »
.... Need Help: Advice on how to survive all of Marissa's spellcards in TH08 - IN.....
Midboss 1 is going through the waves while positioning yourself vertically to avoid the horizontal bullets.
Midboss 2 is trivial if you stay at the far bottom and dodge the few stars that come your way horizontally.
Boss 1 is tough, IIRC you just have to misdirect the stars while keeping an eye of the lasers. I'd just bomb. >_>
Boss 2, you can try misdirecting all the sparks sans to the side so you can shoot her. Don't be afraid to bomb though.
Boss 3, I can't remember how the easy/normal is different, but it should be just streaming. Don't quote me on this.
Youmu's last two card
Third card is streaming while keeping an eye on the upward bullets, not too hard.
Last card is just looking for gaps. Go unfocused during the slowdown, you shouldn't be in danger with the extra maneuverability and you can get through them quicker.
stage 6 youmu opener
Don't misdirect this one, it's actually easier than her other meshes when tackled normally. Just don't move around a lot when you go through the waves and you should be fine.
and all of Yuyuko (all of this on normal)
Any place in particular? <_<
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:56:10 AM by Seiga Kaku »

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 04:40:57 AM »
Yuyuko
Flowery Soul "Swallowtail Butterfly"
Losing Hometown "Lost Soul's Village -Fatal Sin-"
Cherry Blossom Sign "The Perfect Ink-black Cherry Blossom -Getting Lost-