Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition  (Read 248616 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »
Because those were in Mystic Square, the 5th Touhou game.

Also, how do you do the Cheeto Lasers on hard anyway?

Previous thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10829.0.html

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
DAMN YOU BLUE SCREEN YOU STOPPED ME FROM TAKING THIS

DAMN YOU TO HELL
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »

Also, how do you do the Cheeto Lasers on hard anyway?

BaitySM has a good timeout Here, just looking at it it left, right, left, right, ∞ shape

DAMN YOU TO HELL

For that spell card you buy a new pc.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

DAMN YOU TO HELL

but this is not a contest...
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
still hopefully awaiting advice to make something like this...

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21572

...into my first Hard 1cc
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Still wondering about Kogasa's final spell in UFO Extra? >~< I've seen videos, but the lasers are still so intimidating...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
Still wondering about Kogasa's final spell in UFO Extra? >~< I've seen videos, but the lasers are still so intimidating...
Maybe, but there is a trick to it.

What I do is read the direction the lasers are spinning, go the opposite direction, then once the lasers slow down enough to read I get in a gap and move with the lasers.

I've only captured this once out of facing it about 2 dozen times though, so maybe someone else has a better method.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »

When the laser's slow down move in the same direction, so you know that just when it is going to stop you aren't going  to in front of the laser but next to it in the area where there are no area; Here is an example

still hopefully awaiting advice to make something like this...

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21572

...into my first Hard 1cc

Stage 2 - Try your best and not deathbomb, on that spell, if you really have to, use a bomb.

Stage 3 - Same as stage 2.

Stage 4 - Near the beginning that deathbomb was not necessary, and that death too, that was by accident i suspect.
               - Marisa's 2nd non spell go for a route that has little clusters of stars than trying to micro-dodge it.
               - The bit where there are 2 fairies that gives a bomb each...Did you miss one? Do not miss that.

Stage 5 - Don't deathbomb, and spell practice Reisen's first spell card, there shouldn't be a death there. For Reisen's 3rd non spell there shouldn't be a death. Utilise Stage Practice often.
               - For "Illusion Seeker" never ever go for small spaces when bullets distort. Go for clear clean spaces.
               - Invisible Full Moon, that was just bad luck.

Stage 6 - At the beginning the bomb after the death was not necessary. Bombing earth in a pot was fine, but Eirin's first non spell is doable.

Tl;dr: Try not to deathbomb, either bomb or dodge. Utilise stage practice for stages 4-6 and spell practice for some of the spells.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:14:16 PM by Puffy »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
Wow these threads go quickly :V
How to do raging waves anyone? I think Yuugi wants me to die and cry on Touhou DS.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
Wow these threads go quickly :V
How to do raging waves anyone? I think Yuugi wants me to die and cry on Touhou DS.
6-5 right?

First wave, charge up, take a picture ASAP then get to Yuugi's feet.  Dodge the orange lasers, repeat.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
Stage 2 - Try your best and not deathbomb, on that spell, if you really have to, use a bomb.

Stage 3 - Same as stage 2.

Stage 4 - Near the beginning that deathbomb was not necessary, and that death too, that was by accident i suspect.
               - Marisa's 2nd non spell go for a route that has little clusters of stars than trying to micro-dodge it.
               - The bit where there are 2 fairies that gives a bomb each...Did you miss one? Do not miss that.

Stage 5 - Don't deathbomb, and spell practice Reisen's first spell card, there shouldn't be a death there. For Reisen's 3rd non spell there shouldn't be a death. Utilise Stage Practice often.
               - For "Illusion Seeker" never ever go for small spaces when for go all distorted. Go for clear clean spaces.
               - Invisible Full Moon, that was just bad luck.

Stage 6 - At the beginning the bomb after the death was not necessary. Bombing earth in a pot was fine, but Eirin's first non spell is doable.

Tl;dr: Try not to deathbomb, either bomb or dodge. Utilise stage practice for stages 4-6 and spell practice for some of the spells.

Yeah, that accidental death was accidental and I did miss that one bomb item. The bomb early in Stage 6B was because I accidentally hit my bomb button instead of my focus button. Thanks for the tips.
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 05:36:39 AM »
I realize that this is definitely not going to make me popular and I assure all people present that I have no malicious intentions here, but could somebody please fix the capitalization in the title? It's kind of distracting me and the aesthetical value of this section drops by roughly 20 points if left in this state.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 05:39:02 AM »
Better?

Utsuho's 3rd nonspell on lunatic has killed me every time I've seen it.
Where exactly is the safespot?

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 04:34:10 AM »
So, two Marine Benefit spellcards. Assuming I ever get my regular comp working again, that is.  :ohdear:

Kasumi's solo Reimu card in stage 4. Even on Normal this thing is pretty much a guaranteed bomb, and it's also the reason that using Reimu in attempting a perfect run is completely out of the question. So, yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing here.

The other one is Gathering Void -Black-. I'm not silly enough to think I can actually capture this one, but I'd like to be able to have an approach that isn't "press X before you die, repeat".

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 05:51:02 AM »
Better?

Utsuho's 3rd nonspell on lunatic has killed me every time I've seen it.
Where exactly is the safespot?

Beautiful, thank you!

Assuming you're using Reimu, the safespot is exactly below her if you go down as far as you possibly can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCQCdxQDPI#t=3m59s

I think we concluded that Marisa's hitbox is too big for this, but we weren't quite sure if Utsuho could move down further than she did in this example, which would definitely get you hit. The problem is that the pattern, albeit static, depends on Utsuho's position.

Zil

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »
I've never seen the very bottom fail when you're Reimu.

The other way you can do it is to notice those rings in the background. When you're in the middle of the screen at the very bottom, you're on top of one of the outer rings. There's a slightly dimmer one a bit further in, and then the one past that is at the safe elevation. From there you just have to follow Utsuho left and right, though moving up and down a bit as she does can give you a bit more elbow room.

You can see me use it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TNEy_IV4Y#t=17m27s

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
For Utsuho's third nonspell, don't worry about using the "safespot" beyond the first wave. Use the space immediately above that spot past that - just make sure you account for Utsuho's new position each time. Really, the only key is knowing that the attack is static.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
Alright, since the first wave is the only wave that's ever killed me, it's good to know the very bottom avoids it always.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »
Am I doing Snake Eats the Croaking Frog correctly? I'm currently firing from the bottom of the screen, going to the right corner for the green wave (left for the aqua wave), finding a way through, and then going above the bottom of the screen just out of the reach of the new wave spawn and the explosions of the old wave.

Also, can anybody explain to me how Jade of a Horrid River works and should be captured...? O.o It's so weird to me...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 01:32:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOpdtXYkU-4
Do as in my perfect of the stage and you should capture the static Jade of the Horrid River every time.
For Snake Eats the Croaking Frog what you do is stay under Suwako, move up through the pattern then circle around, repeat.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »
Lunasa's second nonspell, third wave. Trying for a perfect PCB Stage 4, and that seems to be the only thing I don't even know how to do.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
In UFO stage 3 how the heck are you supposed to deal with the section near the stage's beginning  where you're showered with blue bullets?

Edit:  Might as well ask this as well. How does one deal with the Mid-boss non spell card?  It wasn't a problem on hard mode but I'm dying to it every time on Lunatic.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:19:15 AM by Jx31 »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
You can either bomb through that part or summon a UFO and destroy it at the right time. Same goes for the second time after the midboss, just make sure to summon the UFO in time, then bring it down to a sliver of health so you can comfortably destroy it in an instant.

Midboss, not much you can do there but read it. The good news is, the pattern is kind of static I think. If you're having huge problems, you could try escaping to the side, it's easier there, but Ichirin will go down very quickly at 3.00 Power or more.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:25:33 AM by Lepetit89 »

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
You can either bomb through that part or summon a UFO and destroy it at the right time. Same goes for the second time after the midboss, just make sure to summon the UFO in time, then bring it down to a sliver of health so you can comfortably destroy it in an instant.

Midboss, not much you can do there but read it. The good news is, the pattern is kind of static I think. If you're having huge problems, you could try escaping to the side, it's easier there, but Ichirin will go down very quickly at 3.00 Power or more.

It did seem a bit easier on the side though, I still died lol.    There's something about lasers that make my brain stop working *Glares at Shou*.

Thanks for the advice.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
For Ichirin's midboss non-card, try to concentrate on the vertical lasers, if that makes sense. (Well, they're not quite vertical, but the lasers that come directly from Ichirin.) The three directions of lasers always intersect around the same height near the bottom of the screen, so if you dodge the vertical lasers and you're at that height, you should dodge the other two as well.

Zil

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
Yeah, the green ones are all you have to pay attention to. When Ichirin moves near the top of the screen, just move up a bit to follow her and the criss-crossing lasers effectively don't exist. I'd also advise agaist running to the side, since the pattern gets screwed when you're too far away from her. (i.e.  the blue and red lasers cross between the greens instead of on top of them.)

You can just dodge those blue sections if you're unlucky enough to not have a UFO. It's kind of hard, but staying near the edge and destroying the enemies above you makes it easier. Also realize that the suicide bullets are aimed right at you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:21:14 PM by Zil »

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
OOOOH. So the bullets in that spell are homing... durrr....

Also, feeling quite lazy today. Anybody got any replays I can study to learn about Merlin's opener nonspell in PCB Stage 4? Or tips as well are appreciated~ ^^

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Anybody got any replays I can study to learn about Merlin's opener nonspell in PCB Stage 4? Or tips as well are appreciated~ ^^
Here's my timeout of it. It's on Normal, though I'm pretty sure higher difficulties can use a similar strategy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
So, two Marine Benefit spellcards. Assuming I ever get my regular comp working again, that is.  :ohdear:

Kasumi's solo Reimu card in stage 4. Even on Normal this thing is pretty much a guaranteed bomb, and it's also the reason that using Reimu in attempting a perfect run is completely out of the question. So, yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing here.

The other one is Gathering Void -Black-. I'm not silly enough to think I can actually capture this one, but I'd like to be able to have an approach that isn't "press X before you die, repeat".
Reimu's solo card. Just circle clockwise slowly for normal mode. Lunatic is some giant bs though.
Gathering Void -Black-, I kinda spawn the bullets in a square kind of pattern, but in the end it's just dodging out as soon as you see bullet + gap.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
Kanako's first nonspell on Lunatic.

What do?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.