Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 217652 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
Thread Fifteen (which had like 999 at time of posting)

Let's totally jump the gun and make the next thread early with a horrendous name.

Accomplishments, let us post them!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
Yay new thread new accomplishments list:
EoSD: ReimuA lunatic 1cc, MarisaB lunatic 1cc, 3DNB extra stage, Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Gensoyko lunatic captures
PCB: SakuyaA lunatic 1cc, perfect extra with ReimuB, ultra lunatic 1cc, 90 FPS Phantasm clear
IN: lunatic 1cc with all teams, all spells captured, ND2B extra stage
PoFV: lunatic 1cc with Marisa, Aya
MoF: ReimuA lunatic 1cc, ReimuB lunatic 1cc x4, perfect Stage 1-5 lunatic, perfect extra stage, all spells captured, 2DNB VoWG timeout, hard no bombs run with perfect Sanae AND Kanako, no vertical hard clear, no focus hard clear, ultra patched hard 1cc, 90 FPS extra clear
SA: ReimuA lunatic 1cc as of a couple days ago, extra cleared with all shot types
UFO: SanaeB hard 1cc, ReimuA hard 1cc, no focus normal with 5 lives to spare and 16/25 spells captured, no death ultra normal Stage 5
DS: 108/108 with Aya, 99/99 with Hatate as of last night, 12-3 no defensive shots with Aya
GFW: hard 1cc of A1, A2, C1 and C2, extra cleared 3 times
TD: hard 1cc with Reimu, extra cleared with all shot types, all spells captured with Reimu
I'm probably forgetting a lot of awesome stuff I've done but whatever.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
After upgrading my OS months ago, I realized I had lost a lot of files, including the score.dat and replays for Imperishable Night. I always felt a sense of loss not having that replay of my very first 1cc of any Touhou game - Imperishable Night, Border Team, Easy Mode. I realize this isn't a huge accomplishment, being possibly the easiest combination ever, but this 1cc had ... nostalgic value for me. Watching that replay had brought back memories of the joy I felt clearing a Touhou game for the first time, and the giddy wonder of seeing the endings sequence, with Kaguya's pearls of wisdom and such. I missed that replay, for those memories.

So anyway, on a whim, last Sunday, I opened the game, and decided to "re-enact" the 1cc in order to get this replay back. Managed to 1cc on my first try! Not entirely surprising, I guess, considering that I've improved a lot over the past four years or so that I've been playing Touhou, and again, I realize this isn't some monumental achievement, but it did feel good to restore that replay, to preserve those memories again.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
Ten Desires Lunatic 1cc, three lives remaining.

Double Spoiler cleared with both Aya and Hatate.

First-ever capture of Mamizou's final spell (lol).

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
I didn't actually notice this thread and just locked the last thread and was going to make the new thread all like :V and then I noticed this and

:V

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
While I can't remember nor am I keeping track of what particular scenes I did in what order, I know that I am now up to 81/107 scenes done at 90FPS between Aya and Hatate in total.

Why out of 107? Because 12-6 can go fuck itself, I'm not putting up with it.

I remember at least 9-1 and 9-5 went down within the last hour or so. I'm left with only 2 scenes from Levels 8 and 9 now. Making progress even though I really should be doing that whole studying thing right about now.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
Rather than keep working on 90 FPS DS, I've started working on StB.
This game.
So much random stupid, but at least I reached the last level before extra.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
FUCK. YES.

90FPS Clear of Levels 1-9 on Double Spoiler!

Cat's Random Walk took me 895 fucking shots with Aya and Hatate combined.

Finally got the clear with Hatate.

85/107

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
FUCK. YES.

90FPS Clear of Levels 1-9 on Double Spoiler!

Cat's Random Walk took me 895 fucking shots with Aya and Hatate combined.

Finally got the clear with Hatate.

85/107
That is awesome. Really looking forward to seeing you get all clear at 90FPS, and trust me when I say I sympathize with how infuriating it can be at times.  ;)

Rather than keep working on 90 FPS DS, I've started working on StB.
This game.
So much random stupid, but at least I reached the last level before extra.
Have fun~   :3

Let's see, achievement pasta... (all non-Extra timeouts done on Normal unless otherwise noted)

EoSD: Extra cleared with all shot types, timeouts of Red Magic, Four of a Kind, and Catadioptric
PCB: Normal no-bombs, Normal no-vertical, Normal 90FPS, all Normal bosses perfected, Hard clear, Extra perfected, Extra 90FPS, Phantasm no-miss, Phantasm cleared with all shot types, timeouts of Alice's last two cards (90FPS), Merlin's opener, all of Yuyuko's cards, Soaring Guardian God, Banquet of 12 General Gods, and Princess Tenko
IN: Hard clear, Extra no-miss, Extra 90FPS, Extra cleared with all shot types, all Last Words unlocked except Scarlet Destiny and Profound Field; of those, all capped except Grand Guignol, timeouts of Milky Way, Apollo 13 (Lunatic), Hourai Elixir (Lunatic), Emperor of the East, and Tree-Ocean of Hourai
PoFV: Lunatic clear
StB: ALL CARDS CAPPED AT 90FPS (yeah, I'm really proud of this), no-pictures timeout of EX-5
MoF: Normal no-miss, Normal no-bombs, Normal 90FPS, all Normal bosses perfected, Lunatic clear, Extra no-miss, Extra no-bombs, Extra no-focus, Extra 90FPS, timeouts of Wind God Hidden Among Tree Leaves, Peerless Wind God (Lunatic), Miracle of Otensui (Easy), Moreya's Iron Ring, and Jade of the Horrid River
SA: Normal no-focus with Marisa, Normal 90FPS, all Normal bosses perfected, Hard clear, Extra no-miss, all of Koishi's cards captured, timeouts of Knock Out in Three Steps, Double Black Death Butterfly, Border of Wave and Particle (no safespot), Tengu Macro Burst (no focus), Cat's Walk, Needle Mountain of a Former Hell, and all of Utsuho's cards
UFO: Successfully forgetting this game exists.  :V
TD: Normal 90FPS, all Normal bosses perfected, Extra clear, timeouts of all of Futo's cards, Laser of Seventeen Articles (90FPS), Will-o-Wisps in Unknown Orbit, Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics, Primate Danmaku Transformation, Avian Danmaku Transformation, Scrolls of Frolicking Animals, and Stupid Miko's False Exorcism (no-focus)
MB: Normal no-bombs, all Normal bosses perfected, Hard clear, Extra cleared with all shot types, timeouts of Great Ocean of Stormy Weather, Silent Siren, A Child's Breath in a Flash of Light, Rising Salt Ball, Deadly Surprise Mini-Garden, An Annoying Present, Higher Self, Overshadow, Akashic Record Player, Bulk Brane, Dance of Death, and Gathering Void -White-

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »
Video of my UFO Extra Clear

Now, to recap my accomplishments...

HRtP through PoDD
None

LLS
Missile Marisa Normal 1cc, Homing Reimu Hard 1cc

MS
Reimu Normal 1cc, Mima Hard 1cc

EoSD
MarisaB Normal 1cc, ReimuA Hard 1cc, MarisaB Extra Clear

PCB
ReimuB and SakuyaB Normal and Hard 1cc, Extra Clear, Phantasm Clear, 800m Hard run

IN
Border Team Lunatic 1cc, Magic Team and Border Team Extra Clear

PoFV
None

MoF
ReimuB/C Normal 1cc, ReimuB Hard 1cc, ReimuB/C Extra clear, ReimuC Extra NoDeath Clear

SA
ReimuA/C Normal 1cc, MarisaA NoBombs NoFocus Easy 1cc, ReimuA Extra Clear

UFO
ReimuA/B/MarisaA/SanaeA/SanaeB Normal 1cc, ReimuA NoUFO Normal 1cc, ReimuA NoFocus Normal 1cc, SanaeB Extra Clear

GFW
Normal Routes A1 and A2 1cc

TD
Reimu Normal 1cc

Look here for all of the replays I've cared for uploading
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
I can't recall the last time I actually did this.

All the achievements that aren't overshadowed / outdated / lol:

EoSD Lunatic 1cc
EoSD Extra 90fps clear
EoSD Lunatic 75fps Scarlet Meister capture

PCB Lunatic 1cc

IN Lunatic FinalB 1cc (I'm a slacker so no FinalA)

MoF Lunatic 1cc
MoF Lunatic Stage 4 perfect stage portion
MoF Lunatic Stage 5 Sanae's first nonspell timeout

SA Lunatic 1cc

UFO Hard 1cc
UFO Lunatic Stage 3 perfect stage portion
UFO Lunatic Stage 4 perfect stage portion
UFO Extra No Bombs

TD Hard 1cc
TD Unknown Skyfish timeout
TD Unknown Skyfish 90fps capture
TD Wild Carpet timeout
TD Lunatic Iwafune Ascending to Heaven No Focus timeout (aka Futo's only dodging card)
TD Lunatic Honour the Avoidance of Defiance No Focus* timeout (aka Miko's only dodging card)
*my memory failed me, but that's because i was pretty damn close

Probably missing some things.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:18:49 PM by BT »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
My list is exactly the same as last time.

Yeah, I haven't been playing much lately, not to mention that those achievements I am going for are pretty high-profile.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »
That is awesome. Really looking forward to seeing you get all clear at 90FPS, and trust me when I say I sympathize with how infuriating it can be at times.  ;)

Double Spoiler is much easier than Shoot The Bullet though, so I doubt it'll be as profoundly annoying.

Anyway, a couple of Level 10 Scenes went down now, 10-2 took me way too long to get the gimmick, I probably could've saved me horrible horrible pain by looking it the fuck up instead of banging my head against a wall.

87/107, 20 to go! Oh god I'm not looking forward to EX Stage under this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:59:26 PM by GamingAwesome1 »

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wAgyo-SMP8&feature=youtu.be

Got my TH13 Extra No Death run finally up on Youtube. Definitely easier to watch than per replay. :3

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
I managed to clear LNB EoSD on another shot type, this time with Reimu B instead of A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtI9D0WDIZE
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21522

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »
I just perfected an Extra stage! Well, depends on whether your definition of "perfect" allows UFO summoning or not. (I also reached 500 million for the first time in that run, though I know I can do better if I allow bombs and deaths.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXPUq2jMF9Y

Accomplishment list?
- Lunatic 1cc of HRtP, LLS, TD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, MS, GFW, and EoSD, in that order
- Hard 1cc of all games except PoFV, not necessarily in that order
- Some random scoring attempts, see replays.gensokyo.org
- TD no bomb no trance Hard 1cc (no replay, the game crashed on me when I tried to save it)
- That UFO Extra no death no bomb run I just mentioned
That's about it, I think.

Don't we have like ~5 players trying UFO Lunatic right now? Race, anyone?
No thanks, but I bet my score will be the highest. Anyone else who doesn't have the 1cc yet reached 300 million in a survival attempt?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
No thanks, but I bet my score will be the highest. Anyone else who doesn't have the 1cc yet reached 300 million in a survival attempt?

You know that summonning Blue UFOs in a survival run shows that you don't know what you're doing, right? :trollface:

Enjoy.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
There are exactly two places where I plan to summon a blue UFO in a survival run:
- After the midboss of stage 4, where the game gives you two solid blue tokens anyway, so I do it for the screen clear.
- During stage 6, since it uses up three solid blue tokens to gain one flashing token, which in some cases is enough for an extra red/green UFO (or at the very least, a flashing/blue UFO for a screen clear during Nue).

I might also summon one during stage 5 after the midboss, since my goal there is to summon as many UFOs as I can for screen clears, though I prioritize red>green>rainbow>blue.

How is that not knowing what I'm doing?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:46:09 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »
Since I was still in a Ten Desires mood, I perfected Stage 2 on Hard and got my second Extra clear. I had a lot of trouble with this extra back when I first began playing TD, so I'm glad this one didn't take nearly as long. I even beat my old high score :)

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
This community has gotten crazy in terms of skill  :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »
This community has gotten crazy in terms of skill  :V

Because the old ones still remain and the new ones are getting faster than the old ones in terms of skill gain.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:05 AM »
Just so you guys know, the PoDD scoreboard is mine, and I don't plan on sharing it.

Let's see now...

Lunatic everything.
SA, EoSD, MoF, TD, PoFV Lunatic cleared at 90fps.
PoDD all characters clear.
VoWG timeout (twice)

That's all the important stuff I guess. And what the hell these threads go by way too fast.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:35:44 AM by Zil »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:37 AM »
Holy crap, bjw lives! :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 12:39:55 AM »
Just so you guys know, the PoDD scoreboard is mine, and I don't plan on sharing it.
My semi-goal for PoFV :V

I got one hit on Shiki R1 on Normal again without a broken character... too bad the battle lasted around five minutes. Man, she is a pain in the ass. Why won't she just die?!

At least you can really get your score up if you can survive long enough.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »
Hurr hurr how do I TD extra
Got 144 million this time (versus previous high of 132) despite performing worse

Also can I get some advice on rapidly charging my trance gauge during Nue battle that doesn't involve bombs

@Zil

YOU ARE ON

*Runs off to borrow friend's copy of PoFV

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 04:32:45 AM »
Hey, I'm bored, let's attempt PCB Phantasm.

>perfects the stage portion in its entirety for the first time ever
>misses during Mesh and DDB but nowhere else
>no bombs used in the whole stage
>captures BoLaD for only the second time ever, previous time being with SakuyaA and safespotting it
>captures DBF despite having faced it once before in all of 2012

...I think I like this run.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:34:28 AM by Malkyrian »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
New thread? Oh okay

The clears
Cleared all Windows integer games on Easy and Normal, as well as LLS and MS for Normal
Cleared Hard on PCB, IN, MoF, and TD
Cleared Extra on EoSD, PCB, IN, and MoF

Scores:
Broke 2 billion on IN Easy
Broke 1 billion on UFO Easy, less than 100 million to break 1 billion on Normal
Broke 1 billion on TD Normal (and Hard but I'd like to go higher)

I feel more accomplished at breaking a score than clearing the game. I wonder if I'm weird

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 05:51:15 AM »
Aaaand down goes Ran. That wasn't too bad! It was kind of relaxing, even - like EoSD, it looks like a lot of the cooler cards were locked off to the Extra stage. The stage fairies can go eff themselves though, the jerks.

I went ahead and checked my spell card records, and it looks like my attempts have brought me up to 54 cards captured - six more and I'll have the Phantasm stage unlocked. It shouldn't be too hard either, since I have a bunch of cards on Easy I still have to capture and I know for a fact I can capture Shikigami "Chen" if I keep myself from getting psyched out. Onwards!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:06:27 AM by PapillonReel »