Author Topic: Silver Forest retires  (Read 18203 times)

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
Silver Forest retires
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »
http://www.silver--forest.com/end.htm

Silver Forest is retiring suddenly, their vocalist Sayuri has been struck with a serious illness and they refuse to continue without her. Best wishes for her recovery.
The former members will go their won ways but continue making music in the Touhou scene, apparently.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Silver Forest retires
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »
Oh no ...

For those who don't know, the vocalist in question is Sayuri Anpo, also known as 3L, probably one of the best vocalists the Touhou doujin community has ever known. This is really terrible news. I adore this woman.

But what is this "serious illness"? How serious is it? Maybe there are answers on her Twitter feed, but I don't know Japanese. Can anyone clarify what's going on here?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
From what information that I can haphazardly gather, [withdrawn due to incorrect info]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:47:23 AM by C27 »

Tengukami

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
Oh god ...

Really, really hope she has a speedy and full recovery. Fuck cancer.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:53 AM »
oh god why 3L Sayuri, or any person at all

I think now would be a good time to find a safer way to cure cancer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:51:27 PM by AAAAAAAAAAAAA »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 05:08:36 AM »
I hope she recovers herself, that the cancer (if it's really cancer) isn't at an advanced stage, and that she can afford treatment. Good luck to her and her family and friends. Thanks to the circle, for providing good musics.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 05:26:12 AM »
Are you sure they're talking about Sayuri Anpo (A.K.A. 3L)? Because her main vocalist is also called Sayuri, and both have different voices (or so I think), but indeed.... why her main vocalist had to be struck with a serious illness? Ugh... I hope Sayuri recovers herself, and good luck to her and her family.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:28:22 AM by Lightmaster »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »
3L and さゆり are entirely different persons, the only other name ever used by Sayuri that I am aware of is さゆり姫, and that seems to be limited to the profile on Silver Forest's homepage, at least no CDs seem to have that name listed in the booklet. The twitter posted also doesn't say anything about illnesses, which was weird and got my hopes up that these news were maybe wrong/misunderstood/whatever, but well, that explains that.

Was surprised that there were only Best Of CDs planned for Reitaisai, but this is probably why. At a loss for words here, but I really hope that she gets better, I really do, I've always loved Silver Forest's songs, particularly hers.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:54:08 AM by Lepetit89 »

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40:48 AM »
Are you sure they're talking about Sayuri Anpo (A.K.A. 3L)? Because her main vocalist is also called Sayuri, and both have different voices (or so I think), but indeed.... why her main vocalist had to be struck with a serious illness? Ugh... I hope Sayuri recovers herself, and good luck to her and her family.

You seem to be correct. Sayuri Anpo (3L) is probably fine. Which means that the information I got was completely unrelated and I probably misinterpreted it completely.

Nevertheless, best wishes for the correct Sayuri!

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »
So, definitively there was a misunderstanding here. Sayuri (さゆり) is the main concern of this thread, not 3L. Besides, 3L had a concerto performance recently, in which 3L said thanks. (I don't know so much japanese. A friend of mine does, and that's what it said in 3L's latest tweet). Again, I wish the best for Sayuri and her family.

And if something...

http://vgmdb.net/artist/1210 (3L)
http://vgmdb.net/artist/4848 (さゆり)

Another thing to consider:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2355082

Tengukami

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
Glad for the clarification. What led to the confusion for me was that Sayuri Anpo - aka 3L - includes Silver Forest as part of her discography.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »
Yes, minus the most recent ones, she was involved as a vocalist in tracks on two albums by Silver Forest, though that certainly isn't particularly much, so I can certainly understand where the confusion comes from:

Guess that's why I use their pseudonym if they have one.

It appears that she did injure her left hand in late April, but I guess she's fine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:27:07 PM by Lepetit89 »

Tengukami

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Well, here's wishing a speedy recovery for Sayuri all the same. Most cases of uterine cancer show high chances for survival - depending on how early it's been caught. Unfortunately, the most common treatment is a complete hysterectomy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
Definitely, but has there been any confirmation as to what kind of illness she's dealing with? The statement on the Silver Forest homepage doesn't say anything.

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »
And I see C27 has edited their post.

Yeah, it'd be nice to get some solid information about this.

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
You might want to go back and edit your posts as well, to avoid giving people incorrect ideas.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
Get well soon :(

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:26 AM »
I heard about this news earlier today. I don't know much about it, but this is just awful news. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery. I always liked her voice :\

Glad for the clarification. What led to the confusion for me was that Sayuri Anpo - aka 3L - includes Silver Forest as part of her discography.
3L is a part of NJK Record, she just does a lot of guest work with other circles. it's easy to get confused.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
I never really got into Silver Forest songs... only knew that they are one of the best/popular group in Touhou doujin community.

Its sad that one of their main vocalists collapsing like this. Cancer is a bitch.

They are releasing Best of CDs tomorrow? if so, I will go their booth and buy it.

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
As far as we know it's not cancer. We can just hope that whatever it is is temporary.

Kurosun

• Utsuho's disciple
  • Long life to the Danmaku!
    • Dragged and Trapped (my fiction)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:37 PM »
I know that this post hasn't been considered for so long... However, I think that starting a new one would be much worse and out of the question...
So, I'm here to ask if anyone has found news about Sayuri after all these months...
I am a great fan of Silver Forest and consider them the best circle and the one I like the most. After all, it's thanks to their songs on Osu if I found out about the doujin music circles that perform Touhou's songs. But even if I keep on searching I never find anything, mostly because I can't read Japanese at all...
I'd like to mention that Plutinum Crest had Silver Forest "powering" them, but I don't get if it's a come back or aki and NYO only gave a hand to a new circle with people they knew (supposedly). Still, Sayuri didn't do anything, so I don't really get what lies in SF's future...
If anyone would reply, I'd really appreciate it.
Sorry again for replying is a post this old.

Tengukami

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
I know that this post hasn't been considered for so long... However, I think that starting a new one would be much worse and out of the question...
So, I'm here to ask if anyone has found news about Sayuri after all these months...
She's still working.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:51 AM »
I remember when this event was talked about on an episode of Touhou Tuesday...Really sucks that she had to get sick and the group disbanded, but I'm definitely glad to know she's apparently better now and back to work.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »
Wait isn't Sayuri Anpo 3L?
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Tengukami

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »
Please read the link I posted.

Kurosun

• Utsuho's disciple
  • Long life to the Danmaku!
    • Dragged and Trapped (my fiction)
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »
She's still working.
Uhm... that's 3L... Silver Forest's leader is another Sayuri ? ? They only happen to have the same name... In fact 3L only sung like two or three songs with Silver Forest in their CDs, but she is different from the Sayuri seen in every single CD they made.

Tengukami

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
Damn, and someone even corrected me on this mistake already, in this very thread.

I need more coffee.