Author Topic: Symposium of Post Mysticism and you.  (Read 22554 times)

AnonymousPondScum

Re: Symposium of Post Mysticism and you.
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
Yoshika is contagious via bite. O____O

Take off and have Utsuho fry the shrine from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:38:35 AM by AnonymousPondScum »

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Kisume seems to have gone above ground even prior to Subterranean Animism, when the non-aggression pact should still be in place.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but wasn't the pact something more along the lines of having the oni and forsaken youkai keep the evil spirits from coming up in return for the youkai staying at the surface and not bothering them?

"(I promised not to let any youkai from above down here.)
(And then you all built a great city underground.)
(But, in return I believe you promised to make sure the
evil spirits underground would remain pacified.)"

So the terms would be more to keep surface youkai away from the underground, and the spirits from the surface, meaning the subbies could go up whenever they wanted.

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
Heh, Aya's research from Kogasa's news article implies that Mary Poppins actually exists (and is one of several professional magic using babysitters in the outside world).  Of course, it's possible that Aya's "research" basically consisted of watching a Mary Poppins movie or reading a book and thinking it was true, I suppose.

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but wasn't the pact something more along the lines of having the oni and forsaken youkai keep the evil spirits from coming up in return for the youkai staying at the surface and not bothering them?

Yeah, that is what the pact says.
I guess I am just reading into it too much, but the following is what gave me the impression that underground youkai are not supposed to go to the surface:

Earth spiders specialize in construction, and some secretly go above ground. They take requests, chiefly from the oni, kappa, and tengu, then emerge above ground and construct a building in one night.

But I guess they could go to the surface, since I don't think there is anything stopping them.

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »
Between Kogasa thinking that an umbrella carrying babysitter should scare happy children and Seiga thinking Santa needs to take things from people's houses, I'm very amused by how things in the Outside World get into Gensokyo and end up being completely misconstrued by its inhabitants.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
So I actually read Shizuha's article today...

I was actually relieved to see that Shizuha is also jealous of Minoriko because of her popularity, not just the other way around where Minoriko envies Shizuha's sense of beauty... That fits quite well in my headcanon. I admit that I am mostly pleased with SoPM, unless I see any unpleasant suprises which may or may not result in retcons in stuff I am involved with  :derp:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
Between Kogasa thinking that an umbrella carrying babysitter should scare happy children and Seiga thinking Santa needs to take things from people's houses, I'm very amused by how things in the Outside World get into Gensokyo and end up being completely misconstrued by its inhabitants.

So Gensokyo is halloween town?

It was a long time ago, longer now than it seems, in a place Maribel can see in her dreams;
For the story that you are about to be told / took place in the eastern wonderlands of old.
It regards the land where most youkai come from; and if you met one, it'd be best for you to run...

Hermaphrodites and girls of limited age,
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Fly with us and you will see / this: the youkai's sanctuary...

First was E-o-S-D, next comes P-C-B,
Poltergeists play to the dead at night...

Er, anyhoo:
"Earth spiders specialize in construction, and some secretly go above ground. They take requests, chiefly from the oni, kappa, and tengu, then emerge above ground and construct a building in one night."

That kinda makes me wonder how they send the requests in the first place. Tie a note to a rock and throw it down the tunnel? Is sending a human down a semi-common occurance?